• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids What music help's your withdrawal?

Jgovner

Bluelighter
Im really interested in the connection betweem music and healing.Im curious what music helps you during your withdrawal?

I'd say reggae. Although any "noise" is unwelcome during my WDs, this seems to help put things in perspective. It may bring some tears as it brings times past and days to come but it is motivating in some way.

Emotional songs so i can get re-intouch with them.

I agree.. but have found there’s a razor thin line between music that’s cathartic and music that borders on masochism. In WD it’s not always easy to discern this difference until overwhelming emotions trigger the want to use again.

• Alice In Chains
• Mother Love Bone

Other music by artists who died as the result of opiate overdose or abuse. Helps me realize that I might not be around if I keep my activities going on.

My opiate withdrawal song: "The greatest" by cat powers.

Nothing describes the opiate withdrawal vibe of just wanting to feel good and be a great person only to be knocked down to the ground <3

• Alice In Chains
• Mother Love Bone

Other music by artists who died as the result of opiate overdose or abuse. Helps me realize that I might not be around if I keep my activities going on.
I love alice in chains.sludge factory is one of my favorite aic songs.

Listening music during the WT? It's a torture for me- my sensitivity to any sounds is extremely increased then. Sometimes music was literally painfull and excruciating.

Sixx Am- The Heroin Diaries (whole album)(all about drug use or getting off drugs)

Normally I'm a punk/melodic hardcore type of guy, but on the rare occasions I do get into actual, full on withdrawal I tend to prefer some good rap. Eyedea, Aesop Rock, Sage Francis, Northcoast Underground, etc.

Some melodic punk is a good option as well. Bands like Bad Religion, Much the Same, FOD, Pulley etc. can all be good choices too; it just depends on what type of miserable I am. Basically, it needs to be music i love and can just lose myself in. The rap is for the parts when even moving is excruciating, while the punk is good when the restlessness kicks in and I simply must be in motion.

Last edited:
Listening music during the WT? It's a torture for me- my sensitivity to any sounds is extremely increased then. Sometimes music was literally painfull and excruciating.

Same man.

During the WD I want to die in what I least think about is music.

The most I do is turn on the TV and try to watch something while I'm dying inside.

• Alice In Chains
• Mother Love Bone

this aic got me through full blown methadone withdrawal those first 3 months were brutal as all fuck

Listening to grunge seems to be torture during WDs. Are not all AiC or Nirvana songs about death, heroin and things like that?

I like zen style music when in opiate withdrawal.

Lots of good songs on this one.

Or something like this. Since if you seen this show, this is when he sneaks on his fathers boat which forever altered history. Multi year mission to china.

Last edited:
I'd usually hear something emotional that would resonate with my emotions like the scorpions: "here I aaaaam, willyou send me an angle???!?" or Evanescence or guns 'n roses.

EDIT: Oh, I would also take 2 or 3 of the 300 mg lyrica. Enable you to eat and calm you down, too.

I'd usually hear something emotional that would resonate with my emotions like the scorpions: "here I aaaaam, willyou send me an angle???!?" or Evanescence or guns 'n roses.

EDIT: Oh, I would also take 2 or 3 of the 300 mg lyrica. Enable you to eat and calm you down, too.
Yep, the Scorps are great, too.
Nothing like Klaus Meine wailing Still Loving You to get me past any discomfort.

certain aphex twin songs have helped me get thru not only withdrawal but horrible bad trips and stim comedowns. I don't know why but it has a certain effect on me that is very calming and puts my mind at ease.

Feels like meditation.

Last edited:
I honest enjoy music just as much as I normally would in wd I often use music to zone out a bit and kill some time while I'm waiting for the man time seems passfaster when listening music I can close my eyes open them again and 20 minutes has passed

Generally harder electronic stuff. The only route that works for me is riding the energy of kicking. Just kind of bare down and get ready, or something.

Relaxing stuff loses my attention and without something keeping my focus, the withdrawals get to me