• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

What long term effects has weed had on U?

AndyzPsylocybes said:
Too many thoughts, hard to explain. I quit buds about 1 month and a half ago and I have to say, my dreams are incredibly intense... I'd say I have an average of 1.5-2 dreams per night and when I smoked a dream would be a rarety!
Anyone else had this?

Sometimes I just wake up from a night of sleeping, without any notion of a dream!?? I hate that! waking up feeling like I was really just dead for 8 hours, than still being in a state of lucid dreaming!??
When ive taken LSD and do some shuteye at the end of the trip, my dreams are just so fantastic + colourful hallucinations of molecules!? then again if Ive dropped a couple halcions or valiums, I will definately wakeup feeling wierd from the night before and blank. On weed I find I have wonderful dreams usually about family, closest friends and then something wierd like my primary school teacher wearing a latex outfit!? ah well...

person: that's what I mean, when I'm smoking pot I wake up and feel as if I haven't dreamed at all, I may feel like I've dreamt maybe once a month or every 2 months, but it's usually just one dream and not very vivid at all.

alot of people seem to say that pot stops u dreaming, and when u quit your dreams get really vivid. seems the same way for me as well. interesting... any theories on why it does this? seems to be a pretty common but understated reaction...

I barely ever smoke, probably because after I have, I'll become paranoid. that and whilst smoking and after smoking, I've found that I get really bad toe cramps. Adding that to the paranoia, I get paranoid about getting toe cramps.
I take my fair share of pills, and for at least a week after having them, I find that I twitch a helluva lot in my sleep. Does this happen to anyone else?

When I smoke I twitch alot and then get paranoid about people noticing im twitching.
Once I was paranoid that I had wet eyebrows and i couldnt seem to dry them hmmmm

Yeah. Im currently slowing my usage down to two times a week. like others, my usage comes out of habit - the done thing by most males at my high school.

After smoking for 28 months solid, I started to develop severe paranoia - to the point were I was dropping words and coping poorly in social situations.

SO i QUIT that shit - and took up golf(...). But seriously. I didnt smoke one furry, sticky icky icky crumb for well over 3 months. Together with stopping my ecstacy usage I was making wicked grades at uni, and having a riot in any social situation you could put me in. I was me again!

Then I started smoking again. Every day. And for a few months it was fine. I was relaxed, spoke perfectly and stayed in the 'here and now'. Over time however, weeds ability to chew away at my motivation set in and i dwindled back into a blubbering mess. I maintain a weed habit to escape. Its my bucket-kicking device. Smoke up, sit back and forget.

Yep. weed kills all dream recollection
it doesnt help with confidence.
I find if im depressed or anxious, weed only hightens this, and sets my conscious mind to a self-scrutineering overdrive.

My advice- kick the habit. Its becomes to easy to let it consume your life. Smoke occassionally - that way you experience all the highs without the lows. peace :D

I once heard when sleeping on weed it doesn't put you into your average deep sleep, maybe that has something to do with it? I quit weed almost 2 months ago now and my dreams are still goin strong! :D

Also, dreams were a rarety when I smoked.

Hey and whoever was talking about their speech problems, I have that too... I hate it! always stuttering across words it's fucked!

Last edited:
Having smoked for over 20 years....the long term effect is that I now no longer smoke pot.

It sends me potty!!!!

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Has anyone developed a slight darkening around or baggy, eyes?

Is this unrelated, is this asociated with the lack of 'deep sleep', or is it weed directly?