• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Random What level of disrespect is normal/abnormal towards parents?

cowardescent

Bluelighter
Ideally, no level of disrespect is acceptable but is to be expected when a kid grows into a teenager. The limits of that though seem to be tested with a particular friend of mine.

There's a guy I've known for a year who says he was diagnosed with a personality disorder. Very smart guy for someone only in their 20s but is quite socially awkward. He revealed to me that he's done a few bad things to his parents. When growing up, he regularly gave his mother the middle finger when she asked him to do something he didn't want to. He also punched his father once in anger at 18 but he never went to the cops. The worst verbal things he's done was telling his mother "I hope you get raped".

Aside from that, he doesn't really seem like a violent person so this is surprising. Is this normal for teenagers or was he just a really bad seed?

And which personality disorder we are talking about?
I think everyone has problems with their parents, that doesn't sound too bad. Maybe attacking your relatives physically (If you don't count your little brother) is wrong, but naah nothing serious.
Why are you even making this post?

I hope you get raped?

It all depends on the context and body language etc. IMO.

Yeah it's bad but what happened before those words were used?

The worst thing I did to my father was spit in his face after he physically attacked me, ripping my shirt, after I was jacked of my truck keys (that's what he was really pissed off at), my debit card and my drivers license. This was after he administered my first shot of H and it went sideways. No O.D., but instant head pain and vision fucked, couldn't funciton basically. I suspect he mixed up something other than black, but I'll never know and I never let people mix my shit no more.

Like, no disrespect until you're certain you can catch that backhand your mom throws?

I had friend who called their parents "motherfucker" and "cunt" and "dick", and I was always holding my breath, like SHIT IS ABOUT TO GO DOWN!!!
But their parent did jack-shit.
So I tried calling my mom a bitch at age 13. I saw fucking stars for a week.

The worst thing I did to my father was spit in his face after he physically attacked me, ripping my shirt, after I was jacked of my truck keys (that's what he was really pissed off at), my debit card and my drivers license. This was after he administered my first shot of H and it went sideways. No O.D., but instant head pain and vision fucked, couldn't funciton basically. I suspect he mixed up something other than black, but I'll never know and I never let people mix my shit no more.
This story kind of blew my mind. Your father administered your first shot of black tar heroin? It may have been cut? Then he attacked you because you were robbed? What?!

It seriously sounds like your dad was trying to murder you over truck keys... when you say they were your truck keys you mean they were actually yours right? Nothing can justify what he did here, but was this somehow his keys or he was involved in getting this truck... did you guys steal the truck or something? Why is he so concerned about this truck to the point that he is targeting you?

I’m not justifying his behaviour here and wouldn’t, ever. Just trying to understand what’s going on, this obviously criminal piece of garbage drugging his daughter and beating her... what was his motivation beyond just controlling you? Was there one? Either way you really need to not see him anymore... that’s so fucking awful.

Anyway if this is the worst thing you did was spit in his face for drugging you and attacking you over truck keys, you are not a bad person here. If anything, you should have done much, much more. He sounds like a terrible person, that’s really messed up. Are you still in contact / on civil terms with him?

I’ll stop sounding the alarms now. Just really concerned because that’s beyond abusive.

This story kind of blew my mind. Your father administered your first shot of black tar heroin? It may have been cut? Then he attacked you because you were robbed? What?!

It seriously sounds like your dad was trying to murder you over truck keys... when you say they were your truck keys you mean they were actually yours right? Nothing can justify what he did here, but was this somehow his keys or he was involved in getting this truck... did you guys steal the truck or something? Why is he so concerned about this truck to the point that he is targeting you?

I’m not justifying his behaviour here and wouldn’t, ever. Just trying to understand what’s going on, this obviously criminal piece of garbage drugging his daughter and beating her... what was his motivation beyond just controlling you? Was there one? Either way you really need to not see him anymore... that’s so fucking awful.

Anyway if this is the worst thing you did was spit in his face for drugging you and attacking you over truck keys, you are not a bad person here. If anything, you should have done much, much more. He sounds like a terrible person, that’s really messed up. Are you still in contact / on civil terms with him?

I’ll stop sounding the alarms now. Just really concerned because that’s beyond abusive.
Oh no no no noooo.. I need to clarify it was NOT my father who shot me up. Oh dayum my b. I need to proof read my shit before posting. My sincere apologies

Ideally, no level of disrespect is acceptable but is to be expected when a kid grows into a teenager. The limits of that though seem to be tested with a particular friend of mine.

There's a guy I've known for a year who says he was diagnosed with a personality disorder. Very smart guy for someone only in their 20s but is quite socially awkward. He revealed to me that he's done a few bad things to his parents. When growing up, he regularly gave his mother the middle finger when she asked him to do something he didn't want to. He also punched his father once in anger at 18 but he never went to the cops. The worst verbal things he's done was telling his mother "I hope you get raped".

Aside from that, he doesn't really seem like a violent person so this is surprising. Is this normal for teenagers or was he just a really bad seed?
Hello.
Maybe he is just seeking attention in ways that make him feel powerful?
I think there might be a conduct disorder in the making if it got worse but I personally think you would need to know more about the parenting style as well as the child's living situation.
My folks divorced and I lashed out and took advantage of my mom feeling guilty by getting trips out to eat more than we did when we were together as a unit.

Boundary issues might mean that there's not any real* measurable amount of disrespect felt by the kid when he flips people off or doesn't listen.
I am reckless and disregard closed doors and i always have, in my home, I mean.

I didn't get the rules that I probably should have, so I see things as harmless that most would see as a line having just been crossed.

I say you should let the kid grow out of it, or give him the time to grow out of it.
demonizing and setting a person apart takes a toll and it knocks down your view of yourself if it goes on long enough, obviously....

hes ok :))
just my two cents

bye now

Once I didn't "pull out" before I came like I promised mom I would. That was pretty disrespectful.

EDIT: In my defence, she was on the rag at the time so it's not like she wouldda got preggers.