• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc What kind of valerian root is the strongest I can buy?

Blackenthesun37

Ex-Bluelighter
I have trouble sleeping, and I have tried a brand that had passionflower in it but I had to take three times the
recommended dose. Diphenhydramine doesn't put me to sleep. I have also tried melatonin, but the kind you buy in stores is pretty much useless.
The only thing I can think of trying is buying the valerian in bulk, and making my own infusion.:X

Have you tried chamomile? That's good to relax and getting ready for sleeps. Sleepy Time Tea has worked for me in the past. What about Unisom (doxylamine)?

If you're going to experiment with Valerian Root, I would suggest buying a small amount first and see how you react to it before going ahead and buying it in bulk and wasting your money if it doesn't work out for you.

When taking Melatonin, how were you taking it? What doses were you taking? Were you in your bed with the lights off and eyes closed after taking it? It's not a sedative if that's what you're looking for. It's to "jump start" your sleep cycle. If there's light in the room or if you're watching TV, it pretty much won't do anything for the most part.

Have you tried chamomile? That's good to relax and getting ready for sleeps. Sleepy Time Tea has worked for me in the past. What about Unisom (doxylamine)?

If you're going to experiment with Valerian Root, I would suggest buying a small amount first and see how you react to it before going ahead and buying it in bulk and wasting your money if it doesn't work out for you.

When taking Melatonin, how were you taking it? What doses were you taking? Were you in your bed with the lights off and eyes closed after taking it? It's not a sedative if that's what you're looking for. It's to "jump start" your sleep cycle. If there's light in the room or if you're watching TV, it pretty much won't do anything for the most part.

I have bought valerian in bulk before and tried to make a tea out of it, but I made a huge mess when straining it. I have literally taken 21 capsules and it didn't do anything.

Valerian Root extract from a hippie, not health store shit. Hippie as in you buy it from the back of a camper van at a festival shit. Hippie made Valerian Root Extract is always ALWAYS stronger than pharmaceutical stuff....weird but true.