• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids What just happened to me? Is falling out different from ODying?

burn out

Bluelighter
First I want to say I have been a heroin users for years and never ODed. Once, years ago, when I was new to heroin I "fell out"? meaning I did a shot when I was already way too high, then I woke up an hour later with no memory of the prior hour. THis only happened once in years of shooting dope.

Anyway, tonight same thing happened. Well i did a shot, missed, so a packed up another fat shot, did it, next thing I know I am waking up on the floor one hour later.

But was this OD? THe weird thing is, I am not even that high now. I mean, I am definitely pretty high but I am not even nodding or nothing, like I have been way higher than this before and not fallen out or lost consciousness and in only one hour its not enough time to come down meaning I should be way higher than this if I ODed.

So if its not an OD what caused me to fall out? If it was an OD then why I am not more high now, only an hour later? Like I said, I can get way higher than this, nodding out and stuff, without ever losing consciousness for extended periods of time or waking up on floor.

that's an OD. if you take so much heroin that you lose consciousness, you're seriously toeing the line.

just because you don't feel high is not really an excuse to ignore the fact that you were out cold and you could have stopped breathing. maybe the next time this happens you won't be as lucky.

euphoria is not really a reliable indicator of whether or not you have opioids in your system, either...

I'm not ignoring it, that was seriously scary and I am never going to do what I did tonight again. I made three mistakes which lead to this:

1) Did a big shot when i already had a lot of dope in my system from a missed shot which had not taken effect yet

2) was using dope of unknown potency I just got, did not do a smaller shot to test it out first, unwise again

3) Did too big a shot hoping for a big rush. I dont normally do this.

Having been a heroin user for so long without ODing (except the one time I mentioned when I was a newbie) I get over confident sometimes because I am so used to having the opposite problem. Normally I will get some dope and it wont be good enough to get me high let alone make me OD, you know? But I definitely learned my lesson tonight, because wanting a "big rush" would be such a dumb reason to lose my life.

So dont worry, I am not taking this lightly at all. I am simply confused as to why I lost consciousness for an hour but am not even nodding now, whereas normally I can get high to the point where I am drooling and can barely type without falling out or ODying. Am in more danger when I am nodding then I am now? THat is what I am confused about.

Generally doses needed to 'nod' are lower than those which cause blackouts, and those are lower still than those which stop breathing. It's all relative... you still take a risk by going for 'nodding' doses especially with heroin of unknown purity. But the risk is much larger if you fall out and lose consciousness.

As to why you're not super tired... it's entirely possible that your little opioid nap helped refresh you somewhat. It's still nothing to aim for in future :)

wow, I cant believe how potent this heroin is. A very small amount put me unconsciousness and the fact of the matter is I could have died had I not had the sense to do less than my usual amount because I had just missed a big shot. I am considering myself lucky to be alive right now.

This just goes to show how the drug war makes drugs so much more dangerous than they need to be.

well first off the yea you def experienced your second OD... and also, yea the war on drugs doesnt make anything any safer but neither does redosing right after missing a shot and your other unsafe practices you already know you did...

not trying to come off holier then thou... ive feel out before and its pretty scary...

Generally doses needed to 'nod' are lower than those which cause blackouts, and those are lower still than those which stop breathing. It's all relative... you still take a risk by going for 'nodding' doses especially with heroin of unknown purity. But the risk is much larger if you fall out and lose consciousness.

As to why you're not super tired... it's entirely possible that your little opioid nap helped refresh you somewhat. It's still nothing to aim for in future :)

its strange... in the 2ish years that i did iv dope... i never once AIMED to nod. I never enjoyed that. I liked the energetic euphoric feeling from a small-mid sized shot much more than a large one - weird i suppose compared to most others

its strange... in the 2ish years that i did iv dope... i never once AIMED to nod. I never enjoyed that. I liked the energetic euphoric feeling from a small-mid sized shot much more than a large one - weird i suppose compared to most others
me too

ive fell out before and while agree its "towing the line" i dont consider it an actual od. ive fell out before and then ive also stopped breathing and my heart stopped, i was obviously brought back, but imo thats an od. im not trying to minimize a blackout/fallout, because thats a step before you actually die, which to me is an od. when narcan and paddles are brought out thats when its real, real bad. it sounds to me that youre real close to crossing the line though. be very careful please.

Yeah, I consider it a 'lower-level' kind of OD, one where I was lucky enough to come to on my own. Still scary. I have had this happen a couple times from fentanyl and neither time was euphoria a sufficient warning sign.

to be honest breathing rate isn't even a good way to judge ODs, let alone euphoria.
lucky to be alive man, take care in the future/at least have someone with you if you're gonna push the boat out.

So I read this and HALF to tell this story:

i was 21 with what I see now as bad bad dope habit. Come to think of it how the *%{% was affording this. Damn. Anyway, I remember we got these stamp bags called "SHOWTIME". I will never forget it. They were unreal. Anyway, I was a landscaper at this point. My buddy, who was also a landscaper, was a 40's something junkie with a hobble, but tough as nails. We were in the front of his dump-bed truck, loaded with mulch, and banged off the bags. I see him go "wo---aaaa---ooooooo damn." Then the next thing I know intrusion open my eyes and there's shirt all in my face. And my hands. And my mouth. But I see light. So I reach forward and sit up to gasp for air, and I'm in the back of the fucking dump truck going 60 mph down the Long Island expressway. So I start banging on the grate near his back window, he pulls off to the side shoulder and I jumped out, ready to kill every flea on this guys junkie body. He turns to me, I'll never forget it,
and he says "oh. Thought we lost ya." I said "What the fuck you put me in the back of the truck you fuckin stunad?!"

he goes

"well what would you have done."

i couldnt even be angry. Hilarious hinjinx ensue.

So I read this and HALF to tell this story:

i was 21 with what I see now as bad bad dope habit. Come to think of it how the *%{% was affording this. Damn. Anyway, I remember we got these stamp bags called "SHOWTIME". I will never forget it. They were unreal. Anyway, I was a landscaper at this point. My buddy, who was also a landscaper, was a 40's something junkie with a hobble, but tough as nails. We were in the front of his dump-bed truck, loaded with mulch, and banged off the bags. I see him go "wo---aaaa---ooooooo damn." Then the next thing I know intrusion open my eyes and there's shirt all in my face. And my hands. And my mouth. But I see light. So I reach forward and sit up to gasp for air, and I'm in the back of the fucking dump truck going 60 mph down the Long Island expressway. So I start banging on the grate near his back window, he pulls off to the side shoulder and I jumped out, ready to kill every flea on this guys junkie body. He turns to me, I'll never forget it,
and he says "oh. Thought we lost ya." I said "What the fuck you put me in the back of the truck you fuckin stunad?!"

he goes

"well what would you have done."

i couldnt even be angry. Hilarious hinjinx ensue.

HOLY SHIT. Probably the craziest shit Ive ever read on Bluelight dude jesus Christ

Any possibility it's fent based?

In retrospect, absolutely. I am 99.9% sure it was fent/some fent analog.

I used the rest of this bag, small pieces would give me a powerful rush but then a really lame, uneuphoric high which would disappear after an hour or two. Completely unlike any heroin I've done before.

Just a few weeks after I posted this thread, one of my closest friends ODed on street dope and died. Toxicology revealed it was fent that killed him, so it was definitely going around my area.

Guys please check dates and be aware that if you revive an old post it's unlikely the OP will respond.