• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

What job can a slow learner get????(prease help)!!!!

Hugs For Drugs

Bluelighter
When I was 18-20 I got fired from different jobs not knowing why.

Untill I finally talked to a on job employee just to find out that the owner would rather employ a random person that learns everything in 1 day rather than 3 weeks

This was really heart breaking for me since I kept my phone on and waited and WAITED for that call to come in that never did.

-------

So I'm here to ask....

Are there any classes I can take in college that can show me how to work in Mcdonald's and make Minimum Wage ( I wouldn't really mind)?? And any retail job that hires slow learners if they had taking a class in college??.

I actually have never had a real job in my life

If I apply at mc Donald's right now I'm pretty sure the owner would rather hire a fast learner and not a slow learner that she/his gonna waste his time on..

I really need advice from professional blue lighighters to help me get further in life

Can anyone PLEASE give me some good tips

(I would really appreciate it

The federal government pays companies via tax breaks for hiring people who face challenges like you described.
Applying at McDonald's is an excellent idea! Go in person and talk to the manager... be honest bout your learning issue and they’ll hook you up!
Note; The CEOs of 3 of the top 5 companies in America? Their first job was at McDonalds!
Thats a well run company and you will learn a lot more than foodsevice if you pay attention. Seriously, thats a great first job !

Hey Hugs
There are a lot of different jobs out there that might be something decent for you. I have many friends with mental issues (mostly drug related) and most of them work in retail. Places like grocery stores, and department stores.
Also some call center type of jobs are okay. Another one of my friends works at a call center that does like warranty's. They don't really tell you exactly how to fix shit, but will get you connected to someone that who does.
Possibly fast food? or work in the kitchen at a restaurant, or a pizza joint making pizzas.
Home Depot, Lowes are also good places to work.

I think your selling yourself short, based on your posts you seem fairly competent..

First off I learned the hard way don’t go for jobs (aka McD’s) with big corporations, as they’re harder to get with more hoops to jump through than one would imagine.

Be ok with rejection and start trying small family businesses, there will be an owner or manager out there who sees the value in training you if you show your loyal and reliable.

Many places just want someone who will show up on time with a smile on and try.

Also ever considered construction? There’s always someone needing extra labor and while you’ll start as bitch boy if you prove yourself (show up on time, don’t be a dick, try) you’ll soon be trained or picked up by someone who will want to train you.

That’s how I went from homeless/jobless to making a pretty good income. Got a job as a driver for a construction supply company, and gave it my all even with a boss younger than me. 3mos later I was picked up and given an apprentice position. 18mos later I get picked up by another contractor for even more money and better hours. 9mos later I’m on my own making decent money and my own hours.

It’s amazing what life will get you, but like you for many years I believed I wasn’t worthy of even working most places, I had to believe in myself and be ok with occasional rejection.

I wish you luck man, you’ll find something :)

-GC

I will give you some advice. You learn by watching. You can learn to work at mcdonalds just by watching what each person does, without even working there.

Also you learn by asking. If you have a question, you ask.

The worst thing you can do is not watch and not ask. Then you won't be learning.

If you have problems with memory then write it down.

I don't think you want to work at mcdonalds, though. You obviously learned how to read and write so you have no issues with learning fast or slow.

I feel you. Some past jobs, it's taken me close to 6 months to actually become good at the job. Let me tell you a story.

I started a job as a delivery driver at a family owned pizza shop. I was basically slow, all around. Inside I would constantly get lines of customers and couldn't keep up. On the road, it took me forever. I heard the owner talking to her assistant "I don't think we should keep him, he doesn't seem to care" I definitely did care. I had went to the pizza maker and asked if he could help me. He included me in jobs like making dough, cutting cheese blocks etc. I had later went to the local arcade, and saw a game called taxi driver. I played it. For a few hours, hoping I could maybe learn something and get better on the road. As I played the game, I realized their were land Mark's to watch out for. I somehow (no idea how) used that in real life and became a monster at that job lol.

Same thing now. I work at dominos now. I close nearly every night. I'm not the fastest driver, but I get great reviews. I use criticism as a huge boost and fuel to my fire. My old boss told everyone that I was the worst person to ever sweep or mop floors. What did I do? Well, I kept doing them poorly as she was in charge, once she stepped down I upped my game, put more effort into it and now, the current manager says I am the best sweeper/mopper thestore has. (Beating the people who have worked there 5 or more years than I have)

It might all seem silly. But, well. You just gotta push through. When i get put.into a corner, I push back and try to improve if possible. If all else fails, just be honest with a job. I've told employers that I am indeed a slow learner, but I can became a very great and efficient worker of given the chance and proper training.

Sorry for rambling. Been drinking some fireball lol. But it all came from the heart 😊

I am basically done with big retail companies as well...just no lol.

Ya when I was younger I tried working at Wally a couple times and never got so much as a call back lol. Feel ya though, they could give a shit about their employees.

-GC

If you're in the states, Mickey Ds will hire just about anyone. The only thing is you'll have to learn how to use a cash register, which is pretty self explanatory even for slow people like myself. Like someone else said, construction gigs are abundant and usually hire anyone with a go getter attitude. If you have a vehicle, or can borrow a family member's gig apps like Doordash, Ubereats, Postmates etc hire anyone and are very easy to use.

Honestly I've only done air conditioning and construction work because it's in the family. I don't have a clue how you actually get one of these jobs by word of mouth. I've also applied for jobs with FedEx and Lowe's but never heard back. I think this is just reality. Luckily I'm good at music and have always secured myself as a musician. I don't know how ordinary people survive but I wish you luck

It's never too late to start your journey, and don't underestimate your potential. While college classes may not specifically teach you how to work at places like McDonald's, they can provide you with valuable skills that can be applied in various work settings.

Also, if you're looking for different options, have you considered exploring work from home side jobs? There are opportunities out there that might suit your strengths and offer flexibility.

Last edited: