• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

What is wrong with the MDMA available today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would this purchase be enough to settle the isomer issue?

Would this allow me to check the isomers on all my samples from this time forward?
Yes, it will work to differentiate the enantiomers. A longer one would be more sensitive but require a larger sample.
Make sure the kit includes the light source.

Last edited:
I really don't have sufficient knowledge, but from the scientific papers I've read about identifying regioisomers of MDMA, it seems to demand much more complicated methods than a polarimeter. Or am I missing something?

Would this purchase be enough to settle the isomer issue?

Would this allow me to check the isomers on all my samples from this time forward?
Just for D-L isomers, not for regioisomers. Save your money :)
I really don't have sufficient knowledge, but from the scientific papers I've read about identifying regioisomers of MDMA, it seems to demand much more complicated methods than a polarimeter. Or am I missing something?
exactly

I have a new sample.

Marquis = purple/black
Lieberman = immediate black
Mandelin = flash of green then almost red, then black. All very fast.
Simon's = Circular rings of blue. Never saw anything like it.

Product itself appears clear to yellow small crystals. Faint smell of anise. I will be sending it off to Drugs Data to see what it shows. The Simon's result was odd enough to make me want to see a lab report. Has anyone here ever seen blue rings in the Simon's result? My first thought is MDA and MDMA mixed, but not sure if that would make rings or not.

The Simon's result was odd enough to make me want to see a lab report. Has anyone here ever seen blue rings in the Simon's result?
I do not rely on colorimetric reagent test results, because these results are unpredictable with different ambient conditions, concentrations/dilutions, reagent formulation variations which can change in time as these reagents age.

However, I would be very surprised if the DrugsData reported no major differences between substances which react differently to these reagents ...especially if these tests are made with the same reagents, at the same temperature, concentration and at the same time (...or only days apart).

Last edited:
I do not rely on colorimetric reagent test results, because these results are unpredictable with different ambient conditions, concentrations/dilutions, reagent formulation variations which can change in time as these reagents age.

However, I would be very surprised if the DrugsData reported no major differences between substances which react differently to these reagents ...especially if these tests are made with the same reagents, at the same temperature, concentration and at the same time (...or only days apart).

I usually don't either. I consider it a phase one test, with a lab test as phase 2. I'm not sure of what Drugs Data will or will not detect, but I could do side by side samples of various batches of product and this would be the only one that makes rings with the Simon's, so I don't think it is an issue of test age or ambient temperature.

I’ve never seen circular (concentric?) rings before... I have tested MDMA and MDA mixed batches before with very little change in the Simons.

I had a reagent trick for figuring out if it’s a mixed sample without using a Robadope to test for primary amines. But my chemo is fucking my memory right now, I’ll dig through my notes/mind to see if I can find it.

It was some common reagent (Marquis, Mecke or Mandelin) and it turned a different color after about a minute of reacting. It was sure fire too, I tested it multiple times on MDMA, MDA, and mixed batches to confirm.

Maybe you remember Indigo? It’s in this threD somewhere I know... I’ll look.

-GC

Found it...

“When using the Mecke reagent on MDA vs MDMA. They will react very similarly at the beginning but if you let the puddle sit for a few minutes the MDA will go a purple/maroon whereas the MDMA will stay that dark blue/black.

This trick is helpful for MDMA/MDA mixes when person testing doesn’t have a Robadope, just a Simons.”

-GC

My Mecke reagent has gone bad, so I can't test with that right now. I did send this sample off to the lab, so I will let you know what the result is.

Just like the meth test, mdma tests no longer work. Greed has ruined every drug. They're all made cheaply, but in a way to pass all the traditional tests. PERIOD.

I took some mdma recently,, u you know from the best dealer around and it fucking sucked ass. The only place I can still relaibly get pure MDMA is in berlin germany where they make it. Costs 2 euros a pils. and you take one and your off your rocker for 10 hours.

Just like the meth test, mdma tests no longer work. Greed has ruined every drug. They're all made cheaply, but in a way to pass all the traditional tests. PERIOD.

I took some mdma recently,, u you know from the best dealer around and it fucking sucked ass. The only place I can still relaibly get pure MDMA is in berlin germany where they make it. Costs 2 euros a pils. and you take one and your off your rocker for 10 hours.
One pill....10 hours....sounds like theres definitely meth in those.

If the only people (capable of) saying MDMA from 20-30 years ago isn't the same as the MDMA today, why don't we instead assume their brain chemistry has changed rather than the drug? Do I have to read 307 pages to find that out? lol

If the only people (capable of) saying MDMA from 20-30 years ago isn't the same as the MDMA today, why don't we instead assume their brain chemistry has changed rather than the drug? Do I have to read 307 pages to find that out? lol
I mean. Theres still one person who has two types and gets clearly distinctive experiences.

Well, Bella Figura, like all good things, educating yourself on the issue certainly wouldn't hurt.

How about this...if you don't want to read the thread, then don't comment?

Or maybe, you could take the time to read the first few pages?

Shit, you would even answer this question if you read the first post.

The thing is I've read through this thread a bunch of times, but it never really sticks out as having anything conclusive - hence 300 pages of speculation. Just asking a question :( thanks for the helpful reply.

The thing is I've read through this thread a bunch of times, but it never really sticks out as having anything conclusive - hence 300 pages of speculation. Just asking a question :( thanks for the helpful reply.
I'm confused. You post first and say "Do I have to read 307 pages" and the implication is that you have not read the thread. Then you post again and say you have read it "a bunch of times." Which is it?

If you had read the first post in full, you would know that the original poster had two different batches in his possession. Both were sent to a lab and showed to be MDMA. Both had different effects. Other older users have shared similar stories throughout the thread. It is not a tolerance issue because the questionable MDMA does not produce standard effects in virgin or new users either.

It is absolutely 300 pages of speculation, but based on published research.

Issue could be contaminants that are not detected, but there is really no easy way to confirm this without having an advanced lab at our disposal.

I haven't read the thread in its entirety no, I've been coming to the forum for a while now, and sometimes I read an old thread. Some threads never die, so you end up reading them a bunch of times, realise you've read it before and stop reading....

I wasn't referring to tolerance. I meant brain chemistry in general. The title itself is geared to leaning the discussion a certain way.

It's now 300 pages of speculation and totally avoidable grumpiness at the end. Thanks anywho!

I haven't read the thread in its entirety no, I've been coming to the forum for a while now, and sometimes I read an old thread. Some threads never die, so you end up reading them a bunch of times, realise you've read it before and stop reading....

I wasn't referring to tolerance. I meant brain chemistry in general. The title itself is geared to leaning the discussion a certain way.

It's now 300 pages of speculation and totally avoidable grumpiness at the end. Thanks anywho!

I apologize for being admittedly grumpy to you. You are not the first poster to come on the thread, complain about not wanting to read all of it, and then propose a suggestion that has been discussed ad nauseam. I have grown frustrated with the phenomenon, and I reacted to your post not as an individual post but as one of many very similar posts. I'm sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.