• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

What is wrong with the MDMA available today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the estimated number of MDMA users in your country or worldwide ?
I would appreciate links to any credible data about this.
You can find various surveys, but for the most accurate results I would recommend looking at wastewater data.
See: https://sci-hub.st/10.1016/j.drugalcdep.2020.108315
The dose of MDMA is roughly 100 mg (Zuccato et al., 2008). Using the rationale outlined above, approximately 8-15 doses of MDMA/day/1000 people were calculated for the festival week, compared to 0.1-0.4 doses/day/1000 people for the non-festival weeks
And https://eprints.qut.edu.au/98783/1/Manuscript for e-Print.pdf
Consumption of MDMA was at a similar level, with the recorded daily amount ranging from 12 to 3244 mg and the yearly average from 69-387 mg/day in the studied urban catchment (Table 1). Figs.1 and 2 indicate that there was no meaningful trend in cocaine or MDMA consumption during the study period (2009-2015). Also, there was no significant difference in per capita consumption of these two drugs between 2009 and 2015.
(All numbers are per 1000 people)

MDMA use still seems to be very closely associated with large music events:
U9cGxHT.png

It will be fascinating to see the 2020 data, Will people simply skip using MDMA without the events to go to, or will the use start to spread out throughout the year?

Last edited:
Definitely trying this combo next

How has your experience with 5-MAPB gone so far? Interested in hearing what you think of it.
So far, I've been using it in small amounts (20-30 mg) to improve the experience when using my mediumMDMA batch.
I haven't had a higher dose 5-MAPB experience yet.

How has your experience with 5-MAPB gone so far? Interested in hearing what you think of it.
So far, I've been using it in small amounts (20-30 mg) to improve the experience when using my mediumMDMA batch.
I haven't had a higher dose 5-MAPB experience yet.

I have a good, but difficult dilemma. I just rolled a few weeks back. I have 5mapb and 6apb to try. So the question is, after 3m of break, do i roll again on mdma. Try 5mapb solo, 6apb solo, 5mapb/6apb combo or 5mapb/mdma combo......the 3m break proposition is certainly tough

Guys, off topic a bit.

But was it somewhere I read that MDMA test kits used to come up slightly different colors to the tests now ?

For instance a blue hue rather than pure black etc ?
I can't remember if I read that somewhere so just wanted to see if anyone knew.

Personally, I don't love the comeup (don't hate it either), but prefer the peak state after the MDMA "opens".
Lately, I've been taking a small dose of 5-MAPB beforehand. It smooths out the comeup and makes the peak last longer. It's a great combo. Thanks to @G_Chem for recommending this combo.

I really enjoyed tiny bumps of ket during the come-up of MDMA to help with the anxiety.

Guys, off topic a bit.

But was it somewhere I read that MDMA test kits used to come up slightly different colors to the tests now ?

For instance a blue hue rather than pure black etc ?
I can't remember if I read that somewhere so just wanted to see if anyone knew.

Yup you read that here. In the 90’s the Marquis reagent went black with a blue indigo hue, this is evident in the old EZ Test Color Chart as well as reagent reports from that era.

Right around 2000 the color fairly rapidly changed from this black/blue to the more common purple to dark purple/black. From my research many users of the time felt there was a difference between product which tested black/blue and product which tested purple, they’d often equate the purple product as being MDEA even though it wasn’t.

Eventually it was forgotten but then we had a similar thing happen around 2010 where again there was a change, this time from purple/black to just straight black with maybe a hint of brown.

I’d argue though since 2010 there’s been more color variation overall than any time before in the Marquis reagent. Lots of product still goes purple/black depending on location.

I used to theorize one could maybe see a difference with the Marquis but I personally can’t find any pattern usable to the general public, I’ve had batches goes straight black, purple, and now a few with Indigo that all were “magic.”

That said, it’s possible some other reagent may be used to find the culprit but I don’t have enough for sure “meh” product to figure it out or the time these days being sick n shit :/

Generally it’s reported that straight to black is most likely meh (especially some brown in there), purple to black more likely good, and black with an indigo hue likely being the best.

-GC

Yup you read that here. In the 90’s the Marquis reagent went black with a blue indigo hue, this is evident in the old EZ Test Color Chart as well as reagent reports from that era.

Right around 2000 the color fairly rapidly changed from this black/blue to the more common purple to dark purple/black. From my research many users of the time felt there was a difference between product which tested black/blue and product which tested purple, they’d often equate the purple product as being MDEA even though it wasn’t.

Eventually it was forgotten but then we had a similar thing happen around 2010 where again there was a change, this time from purple/black to just straight black with maybe a hint of brown.

I’d argue though since 2010 there’s been more color variation overall than any time before in the Marquis reagent. Lots of product still goes purple/black depending on location.

I used to theorize one could maybe see a difference with the Marquis but I personally can’t find any pattern usable to the general public, I’ve had batches goes straight black, purple, and now a few with Indigo that all were “magic.”

That said, it’s possible some other reagent may be used to find the culprit but I don’t have enough for sure “meh” product to figure it out or the time these days being sick n shit :/

Generally it’s reported that straight to black is most likely meh (especially some brown in there), purple to black more likely good, and black with an indigo hue likely being the best.

-GC

That's what I thought !

Because recently i've got some new samples of a range of MDMA that has been highly regarded and from memory around 2 years ago most of the tests went straight to black and was the meh mdma.

This product was purple to black for all 3 samples from different sources. But definately wasen't deep black either, still kept alot of the purple hue.

I'll post some photos when I get the chance for comparison and see if i've got any photos from previous years

I also noticed on test charts some or the other tests have changed from green/ blue to green /black for the mecke I believe but the results ive taken for these ones have deep blue hue so the latest charts don't entirely match.

-GC
Easy man. Just been catching up here first time in months. First, very sorry you had that deflating current diagnosis, I know how elevated you felt after you previously achieved a good stable ground through hard work, commitment, will power and I imagine numerous forms of treatment.

Havr you ever considered a rife machine? I swear on my life, this stuff is totally legit and works miracles, probably about the best avenue for any type of cancer treatment.

We are actually going to get one ourselves. My own condition has dropped from the best I was in 15 years last November, and again in January....to by far the worst it has been, this year has just messed so many of us up, especially with existing longterm illness and severe anxiety disorders going through the roof.

It's not over for sure, but I am virtually fighting for life with every bit of energy and strength I don't even have currently.

Im sure I had "the" virus at least twice already, possibly a 3rd.

I previously knocked out the very severe case of it using the electromedicine devices which have genuinely kept me living for years.

Only that way have I been able to continually treat, lower and clear my exceptionally severe respiratory infections, due to no immune system.

Covid took more aggressive, repeated trestment for me personally than any other infection I have battled since 2005, hundreds and hundreds.

I would not have survived without the use of this amazing device which can very powerfully and immediately kill and knock out localised infection, anywhere in the body, I swear that on my life:

Here is the homepage. This is fully legit, life saving stuff I swear when tackling infection. This guy, the FDA kept imprisoning him for helping so many sick people, until he moved to Paraguay to continue serving humanity.

He beat cancer himself a few times. Here is his homepage, he gives interesting alternative insight into alternative treatments for cancer and many other conditions.

I owe this man my life, on my heartvI would not have survived the continuous onslaught of life threatening respiratory infections due to my lack of immune system.

Every new severe infection I have managed to quickly lower and clear.
The treatment brings instant relief every time.

I also began using a different, but more powerful, traditional "zapper" recently, called Parazapper. Again, 100% legit I swear and this is officially the best zapper available.

It definitely helped me best very severe case of covid.
But a 1 in 200 chance, there must be a rarenand unusual break in one of the wires.

I stopped using the parazapper 4 days ago until repaired, and I can testify it made me feel enormously better and stronger. This is the model I have, but there is one slightly enhanced one called the MY3.

Mine is the UZI- 3c, virtually as effective, just not to the same, utmost highest level of accuracy by a touch and the MY3 has more modes and frequencies built in.

Just a little more advanced and comprehensive.
My device: https://huldaclarkparazapper.com/cgi-bin/cart.cgi/UZI-3

I was so impressed with the initial results, my mum and I have ordered one each of the MY3's too, in the buiding phase right now,

But we are definitely going to get the Rife machine too.

Spooky 2 it is called. There is another one called GB-4000, recommended is the MOPA and plasma tube, it is a stand alone Rife machine, but has excellent results and testimonies for fully clearing cancer, no side effects.

We are going to get the Spooky 2,,which is a rife machine and bio resonance machine in one. It works remotely too, by quantum entanglement, so you can be anywhere and it will be working on you on the frequencies and selected modes.

You can put your finger nail on there and it reads your own dna, scans your body for frequencies to pick up all sorts of issues, and hits them with the corresponding frequency which is the magical essence of how this technology works.

You can put any remedy, herb etc on the scale and the Spooky 2 will transmit the frequency of it through your body, remotely, wherever you are.

I thought I could even put my Dutch Bowser MDMA pills on there as an experiment.
Im sure I will never take them I just think my body will react very allergically, and at best it would be an intensely uncomfortable and prologed experience or worse.

@G_Chem Im sorry mate I don't mean to patronize or push on you. Just want to help, and I truly believe in this stuff and it's potential.

On topic post coming right below....

So yeah, @G_Chem just s few thoughts to chime in on this after skimming through recent discussions, randomly...

Your comments on MDEA vs MDMA and marquis blue, black, purple variations.

We know for a fact that MDEA was very widespread in the 90's pills, often in combo with MDMA, even in the classic OG white doves.

I personally believe that after 2000, MDEA became much less common and nearly all good pills were pure MDMA alone, or MDA.

Secondly- the whole myridasis(?) debate.

I would say, that,with old school legit magic MDMA pills up until early 2005, 150mg max is all it would take for like, 95% pupil dilation, true black saucers, in virtually any light setting. 100 mg may be sufficient. 80% on over 100mg, doesn't even come close to fitting the original bill, IMO.

Oh yeah finally- that saffrole odor! Never forget it. It was spinetingling, and intoxicating just by odor, in a psychoactive way, like when you sniff some seriously strong weed and you can feel the psychoactive power of it.

All I can say is TEST TEST TEST that way you will know at least if it is an MDXX type drug at all at least. In my experience I have gotten meth more than anything else in presses. I had my first roll in 2013 so I don't know how it was in the good old days.

All I can say is TEST TEST TEST that way you will know at least if it is an MDXX type drug at all at least. In my experience I have gotten meth more than anything else in presses. I had my first roll in 2013 so I don't know how it was in the good old days.
It was freaking incredible my friend, otherworldly.

There is sort of an element of letting go, but if the dose is sufficient, MDMA will just sort of force your hand, its inevitable and thats the MDMA we know and love. With sufficient and proper MDMA, the positive-emotional-buildup as it starts to take effect will overpower and likely gain majority control over your thoughts and willpower. Just judging by how incredibly uncomfortable and shitty my MDMA comeups are ("meh" or "magic"), I imagine not enough could leave you in that intense limbo state where you're resisting and it doesn't fully over power you (then dying back into a bit more enjoyable but lackluster experience). My MehDMA experiences can be described exactly as that; usual stressful comeup, that doesn't quite burst, leads to this uncomfortable intensity (positive doesn't overwhelm the uncomfy), and then it mellows out into a more enjoyable but still wanting experience. It's like, I let my knuckles go white holding on since the MDMA couldn't pull me down, eventually it pries me loose sort of, but its lost velocity and wasn't strong enough of a force.

Bolded above, this is what a come-up on MDMA can feel like for me, and then it sort of (hopefully) builds to burst. While it could be related to this magic versus meh MDMA, what you're describing sounds like what I imagine an insufficient dosage is. It just doesn't quite bust and leaves you with a bit of MDMA blue balls. I think this is exactly why lose-dose MDMA has a bad-rap, and just reading, the similarities between MehDMA experiences described in here and low-dose MDMA are pretty substantial. Low dose and "lost the magic" also have a lot of similarities, just reading. I know there plenty of anecdotes to go around that go against this as well, but food for thought.

On another related note, thread in general:

In stuff I've mentioned on here, I've certainly had friends where taking so-called mehDMA and upping the dose still doesn't do the trick, potentially ruling out weak or diluted product. My own experiences and the experiences of others around me with the same "Meh" product compared to other "Magic" product, the differences, it makes Meh versus Magic seem incredibly and almost obviously real. I won't get into this, I've written about it extensively in this thread if you want the details... In the moment, y'know what we all can remember about those times, the difference feels like night & day, it really does.

BUT...

These instances of my friends taking extra of the MehDMA, was extra after the fact; an attempt to redeem what had already reared its head as a weak roll. So redosing way more, even early on, can't truly be the same as all at once. As in, I can't say for certain that wasn't the case. But I always take 100mg (weighed myself, or by someone I watch do it or trust), so sometimes I wonder if my own MehDMA experience was just with product of such quality that 100mg of it doesn't cross some threshold. To this day, my strongest experience with MDMA was a cap of colorless-scentless MDMA I didn't get to weigh out from someone i didn't know, in fact I even eyeball-removed some since it thought it was looking large. This was also the strongest experience with MDMA for a lot of people I was with. As in, its also quite possible I took, we took, well over our usual dose if the caps were more than the assumed 100mg. The only experience tied with this was confirmed 100mg of colorless-scentless MDMA weighed by someone I trust who had set aside this specific batch of MDMA as their own experiences and reports they received about it were exceptionally and out-of-the-ordinary good.

Research is well and good, this is an interesting topic ive invested a lot of time into and learned a lot, but I fear this is becoming a scapegoat for other various reasons some people cannot enjoy MDMA like they want to, have in the past, or have been told it should be like. If someone pointed a gun to my head, and said, "if I give the MDMA you KNOW is 100% Magic, to the people who have been trying different MDMA batches for years on this forum that all doesn't work because its supposedly just Meh, will it work for them or not?" I'd gamble with no, its not gonna work for them. I have friends who can take, what is no less than what my large friend group of experienced psychonauts can say without a doubt is THAT GOOD SHIT, and still not have a good time for one reason or another.

EDIT: last thought here; it is 100% true across everyone I know, once you take two, one doesn't cut it anymore, no matter how long you wait. I have friends who actually weigh less than me, who early on took 2 caps or 200mg and since then 100mg is never enough.

I have wondered about all of this as well. I have tried escalating the dosage from 100 mg to 120 mg, and then to 135 mg. More recently, with the product that was 80% purity I did 150 mg (in weight) to try to make certain I hit the 120 mg (in actual product). Wondering if I should try raising it more. However, a re-dose used to work to make a low-dose pill reach the peak. It never seemed to matter before that the re-dose was taken later, it still caused the peak.

I would personally be convinced that I have personal issues if a trusted MDMA user gave me something that was "magic" to them and I experienced "meh." Or, I would be convinced it is me if I ever saw someone (anyone) rolling hard off product that I found to be "meh." So far, neither of those things has happened. The "reviews" of the meh product are all pretty consistent, with people making the same comments on the effects. There was even a couple in this thread who ordered the same DW product as me and had the same experience.

If the issue is the product, I will eventually stumble across some magic product. If the issue is me, I will eventually see someone rolling balls while I have a meh experience.

I have wondered about all of this as well. I have tried escalating the dosage from 100 mg to 120 mg, and then to 135 mg. More recently, with the product that was 80% purity I did 150 mg (in weight) to try to make certain I hit the 120 mg (in actual product). Wondering if I should try raising it more. However, a re-dose used to work to make a low-dose pill reach the peak. It never seemed to matter before that the re-dose was taken later, it still caused the peak.

I would personally be convinced that I have personal issues if a trusted MDMA user gave me something that was "magic" to them and I experienced "meh." Or, I would be convinced it is me if I ever saw someone (anyone) rolling hard off product that I found to be "meh." So far, neither of those things has happened. The "reviews" of the meh product are all pretty consistent, with people making the same comments on the effects. There was even a couple in this thread who ordered the same DW product as me and had the same experience.

If the issue is the product, I will eventually stumble across some magic product. If the issue is me, I will eventually see someone rolling balls while I have a meh experience.
Just to say, at my old day parties, you could often tell who had the best pills for sale, it was so blatant, everything about them.

Hi again Indigo and hope you and yours are feeling well.

So just on the redosing thing, in relation to the fairly stern recommendations and emphasis on re dosing within a certain relatively short time period like 90 minutes maximum with a smaller dose, obviously modern day harm reduction plays into this, but I gathered the impression that it was viewed as only being sufficiently effective if redosed within a certain time frame.

Back in my time (lol, I sound so old don't I at 40?) I'm not sure I ever heard of such a concept. Redosing always worked for me, regardless of dose and intervals.

But I would redose all night many times.

But for example, early on, aged 16 at Dreamscape 25 UK indoor rave, a truly amazing event at the time, I took 3 OG Legit Dolphin pills with me.

I spread them out. One, sublime and scinitillating comeup. It had Everything you expect from true MDMA and more!

Maybe 2 or 2.5 hours later I took my second Dolphin. Not because I had to, but it was the way I went that night.

And so unusual and bizarrely at the time, having worked a full on week, I was suddenly so struck by hunger and need to eat, plus as strong an apletitie as ever in my life- whike taking a time out of the venues briefly with a friend, in the large outside area sporting fairground rides, dodgem cars, food stalls...

Coming up hard on the 2nd Dolphin pill, I bought a hot dog to go with ,y cup of hot tea.

I wolfed that hotdog down like never before, and it was metabolised so quickly I barely felt it in my digestive system at all.

It tasted amazing too! Zero tummy upset and it gave me energy for the rest of tge night.

But the point- my second Dolphin, was no less effective than number one. Like double the effect or more in fact.

I left a slightly longer gap until my final, 3rd Dolphin, which again just took me right up, not "back up" because I had not come down or even levelled, but to an even higher, more angelical loved up plane.

I never in those 9 years thought- shucks, been too long now. No point in taking more.

I would many times spread 3, 4, 5 very good pills over a night long session, getting higher each time.

Maybe OG legit MDMA behaves very differently in this regard. I mean I read about the emphasised reports of short duration drop off after 2 hours with MEH, and maybe that is what I difficult to recapture, let alone build upon.

And like others jave wisely said, a true MDMA experience lasts a good 4-6 steady hours, and the afterglow effect and higher consciousness remains well into the following day, at any dose.

But I appreciate also this redose timing also pertains to the more developed harm reduction advice and culture these days.

I read somehwhere, back then, how it was officially better for the brain and serotonergic system, to take 200mg on the head, vs 100 mg twice, one or two hours apart.

<3 1997 was a good year for raves sir ;-) my first big rave was a month after DS 25 at Helter Skelter Energy 97 <3
Yes, I do believe that the very first legendary Mitsubishis first emerged winter 1997.

The very first ever batch, you really only needed one pill all night. You just transcended to a beautiful plane and stayed there all night, independantly of and perceftly peacefully in tune with everything around you- nature, people, sound.

That is what true MDMA is like.

It did not drop off, and zero comedown but a return to the full self with an overwhelming sense of happiness.

3 weeks later, we scored Mitsubishis from the same Guy at the same UK "Gangster Dolphin" rave, they were only a patch on the originals.

But it marked a huge upturn in the quality of ecstasy pills. In 1999, and 2000 I came across the absolute best of all time, left right and centre.

Also very good in 2001, 2, 3, 4 and early 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.