• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

What is wrong with the MDMA available today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I still can’t figure out how to safely post this pic but I found one of me from like 2013 or so with pupils huge.

I blew it up and then measured the grainy picture best I could with a ruler lol. I measured at two different zooms to try and get a better read.

Both measured in at around 80%.

-GC
Probably the only thing thats going to put everything out is going to be lighting. If your in the dark your pupils will be naturally bigger.

But jeeze 80% is unreal hey ! Certainly dinner plates

Probably the only thing thats going to put everything out is going to be lighting. If your in the dark your pupils will be naturally bigger.

But jeeze 80% is unreal hey ! Certainly dinner plates

Your definitely right. This pic was taken in a dark (although not super dark) club so I’m sure that had some effect on it. That was definitely a night to remember ;)

I’m gonna try it out here soon with the vanity lighting and all that at my peak to see what I get. This picture should be much less grainy too so probably a more accurate read.

-GC

So I still can’t figure out how to safely post this pic but I found one of me from like 2013 or so with pupils huge.
You do not have to post the pic if you can calculate the I.D. divided by the O.D. ( both measurements in the horizontal direction preferably ).

I blew it up and then measured the grainy picture best I could with a ruler lol. I measured at two different zooms to try and get a better read.
Both measured in at around 80%.
Anything at or above 80% is considered Full Mydriasis.
It is not unheard of - for example see this.

Of course, that is why I suggest standing in front of your regular shaving/makeup mirror in the illuminated state for 3min to make these measurements comparable.

Last edited:
I’m gonna try it out here soon with the vanity lighting and all that at my peak to see what I get.
Get a fasting glucose curve, too.
It is very unusual for the glucose level to increase in your blood when you're consuming only slightly salted water.

Here’s an old thread from the Hive which discusses the pharmacology of an Oxycodone dimer.

What’s interesting is that supposedly this particular dimer could be more potent but a rather smart member follows up with the poor BB permeability of said dimer would cause it to possibly be toxic before reaching levels to effect CNS.

The dimer theory could explain the feeling of toxicity in the body in the days after, while still not being as effective as before.

-GC

Recently had some magic, major thanks to the person that made it possible (you know who you are). I have to say, I feel a little incomplete, in a sense, to post about it since when I did roll on the magic we werent in a position to blast music as I normally love to do, so the comparison doesnt feel completely ready yet, but it has been a very long time since I felt the way that I did.

The molly that i've had for the past 5 or so years hasnt been bad per se, but there was a point in time when I noticed that our experiences would all of a sudden hit a very noticeable drop at the two hour mark. If you dropped another dose before, it would generally be fine, but still eventually, like clockwork, you'd have an immediate drop in the experience and would be left wanting more. Music was still amazing on this stuff, absolutely massive sounds that felt like the roof was blowing off. Absolute eye wiggles and euphoria, there wasn't really a "rolly" aspect. It was a wall of pleasure that had you floored and then it would rug-pull after some time.

Now that I recently rolled on some magic, i'm reminded of what I've been missing and how things contrast. I understand what people mean when they say they feel like theyre "just fucked up" on the non-magic. Its not to say thats a bad thing imo, and my updated hypothesis is that the level of serotonin release is probably similar overall, but at a different cadence, duration, and concentration. The "non-magic" stuff I think just concentrates things at the beginning, like lighting a screaming whistler, it comes non-stop all at once and then fizzles. Magic MDMA though is like lighting a giant sparkler. The term "rolling" actually becomes obviously apparent, you get rolling waves of pleasure for easily the entire duration of 4-5 hours and the kicker is that when your noticeably coming dowm and hit your "lows" of the rolling hills, youre still doing great and clearly "in the zone", you dont have the almost irritable level of thought of hitting another dose like on the non-magic mdma. I was perfectly content with the 120+60 I took and for the first time in a very very long time, didn't really feel compelled to redose (maybe had the thought cross my mind ones or twice, but nothing so yearning). I should also note it just feels incredibly clean and clear headed, I think to an extent, it was harder to get footing to start because I was mentally ready for the "completely fucked up" high.

Now another big variable - feeling sleepy vs not. Non-magic would definitely give me a sleepy fucked up feel, esp at the end of the night you almost wanted to be sleepy because it would blend with the good feeling. I would only want to sit down. The magic? I for once felt like i could actually dance if i were at a show, i didnt feel tweaked, but i was just very clearly and cleanly awake.

Oh, just one more - the next day i felt 100. Great positive outlook, felt ready to take on the day, i ate a huge lunch which normally is close to impossible. The day after that? I was totally dead, felt the blues like i havent since i rolled an irresponsible amount two days in a row years ago. I havent afterglowed like that since my first roll ever.

Now for the potential variables for the skeptics: it has been a long time since ive done a 120+half, ive generally just been hitting something like a 120+120 at 1.5-2hr mark, then I would just get absolutely pasted to the floor. It could be a less is more situation and maybe I just needed to go full+half, this whole time.

I dont think that is the case tho since i would still always seem to hit a point where it would just fall off. I thought of the rolling chart questionnaire while I was rolling this time and if i were to pick what i would consider the end of the roll on non-magic, it was definitely the 2 hour point. However, on the magic? Unquestionably 4+. Of course this is biased as Im only comparing one dose to one with a booster half....but the drop-off is so non-existent with the magic....That was a clear difference and im convinced that if i only hit the one, it wouldve still gone that long, just not as intense, but maybe it just made me feel/think that...but isnt that the point? Some part of me wonders if you can really call the non-magic mdma rolling....more like blasting.

Anyways, thank you for coming to my Ted Talk. Peace -

Last edited:
Recently had some magic, major thanks to the person that made it possible (you know who you are). I have to say, I feel a little incomplete, in a sense, to post about it since when I did roll on the magic we werent in a position to blast music as I normally love to do, so the comparison doesnt feel completely ready yet, but it has been a very long time since I felt the way that I did.

The molly that i've had for the past 5 or so years hasnt been bad per se, but there was a point in time when I noticed that our experiences would all of a sudden hit a very noticeable drop at the two hour mark. If you dropped another dose before, it would generally be fine, but still eventually, like clockwork, you'd have an immediate drop in the experience and would be left wanting more. Music was still amazing on this stuff, absolutely massive sounds that felt like the roof was blowing off. Absolute eye wiggles and euphoria, there wasn't really a "rolly" aspect. It was a wall of pleasure that had you floored and then it would rug-pull after some time.

Now that I recently rolled on some magic, i'm reminded of what I've been missing and how things contrast. I understand what people mean when they say they feel like theyre "just fucked up" on the non-magic. Its not to say thats a bad thing imo, and my updated hypothesis is that the level of serotonin release is probably similar overall, but at a different cadence, duration, and concentration. The "non-magic" stuff I think just concentrates things at the beginning, like lighting a screaming whistler, it comes non-stop all at once and then fizzles. Magic MDMA though is like lighting a giant sparkler. The term "rolling" actually becomes obviously apparent, you get rolling waves of pleasure for easily the entire duration of 4-5 hours and the kicker is that when your noticeably coming dowm and hit your "lows" of the rolling hills, youre still doing great and clearly "in the zone", you dont have the almost irritable level of thought of hitting another dose like on the non-magic mdma. I was perfectly content with the 120+60 I took and for the first time in a very very long time, didn't really feel compelled to redose (maybe had the thought cross my mind ones or twice, but nothing so yearning). I should also note it just feels incredibly clean and clear headed, I think to an extent, it was harder to get footing to start because I was mentally ready for the "completely fucked up" high.

Now another big variable - feeling sleepy vs not. Non-magic would definitely give me a sleepy fucked up feel, esp at the end of the night you almost wanted to be sleepy because it would blend with the good feeling. I would only want to sit down. The magic? I for once felt like i could actually dance if i were at a show, i didnt feel tweaked, but i was just very clearly and cleanly awake.

Oh, just one more - the next day i felt 100. Great positive outlook, felt ready to take on the day, i ate a huge lunch which normally is close to impossible. The day after that? I was totally dead, felt the blues like i havent since i rolled an irresponsible amount two days in a row years ago. I havent afterglowed like that since my first roll ever.

Now for the potential variables for the skeptics: it has been a long time since ive done a 120+half, ive generally just been hitting something like a 120+120 at 1.5-2hr mark, then I would just get absolutely pasted to the floor. It could be a less is more situation and maybe I just needed to go full+half, this whole time.

I dont think that is the case tho since i would still always seem to hit a point where it would just fall off. I thought of the rolling chart questionnaire while I was rolling this time and if i were to pick what i would consider the end of the roll on non-magic, it was definitely the 2 hour point. However, on the magic? Unquestionably 4+. Of course this is biased as Im only comparing one dose to one with a booster half....but the drop-off is so non-existent with the magic....That was a clear difference and im convinced that if i only hit the one, it wouldve still gone that long, just not as intense, but maybe it just made me feel/think that...but isnt that the point? Some part of me wonders if you can really call the non-magic mdma rolling....more like blasting.

Anyways, thank you for coming to my Ted Talk. Peace -

Great post man, it’s awesome when folks come through for ya like that, I know the feeling ;)

But yea it’s the duration thing that has always been the biggest indicator of change IMO. A lot of people seem caught up on pupils, while duration should be looked at equally as hard.

The couple of times I think I took meh over the years that was the main thing that stood out to me. One night in particular I dosed at 930 and by 12 we were coming down, that ain’t right.

Also I like the term differences blasting does seem more appropriate! True rolling is a 4-6hr (sometimes a tad longer) experience that keeps you completely immersed that entire time with light valleys but no disappointment, not this 2hr knock you in the head peak that drops off to nothing leaving you wanting more.

-GC

@Jmoda, first of all...#jealous. Actually, #superjealous.

Aside from that, your description and definition of meh/magic does not align with my experience, personally. For me, based on how you are describing it, it sounds more like variations in what I would define as magic from my early years of use. I would have short magic experiences and long magic experiences depending on the pill. Some of them were better than others, but for me (personally), if there is music enhancement and euphoria I would group it with magic no matter what the duration is.

My meh experiences never have a peak. It does not feel like the experience is all happening in the early hours. The "abortion" of the experience feels like it occurs during come-up, before a peak is reached. It feels like, "Oh, I am coming up and soon I will peak!" but then the whole vibe jumps off a cliff and dies.

Now, the variation in our experiences could be that all of your product is better than mine, or it could be that you are less sensitive to impurities than I am. This could be where someone's individual receptor and transporter levels becomes really important.

Last edited:
@Jmoda, first of all...#jealous. Actually, #superjealous.

Aside from that, your description and definition of meh/magic does not align with my experience, personally. For me, based on how you are describing it, it sounds more like variations in what I would define as magic from my early years of use. I would have short magic experiences and long magic experiences depending on the pill. Some of them were better than others, but for me (personally), if there is music enhancement and euphoria I would group it with magic no matter what the duration is.

My meh experiences never have a peak. It does not feel like the experience is all happening in the early hours. The "abortion" of the experience feels like it occurs during come-up, before a peak is reached. It feels like, "Oh, I am coming up and soon I will peak!" but then the whole vibe jumps off a cliff and dies.

Now, the variation in our experiences could be that all of your product is better than mine, or it could be that you are less sensitive to impurities than I am. This could be where someone's individual receptor and transporter levels becomes really important.

Have you ever had an experience where it felt like you were constantly coming up? I ask because i attribute some of the better experiences i've had with this sensation. I guess the difference being that at this point I generally feel like ive clearly "broken through", but from there it still feels constantly like we're goin up and up.

I guess, what im particularly curious about is if youve had experiences where youve dropped multiple "meh"s and felt like you were roping along comeups...does it just constantly feel like you're getting closer but never break through? How is also your anxiety during this time? Another reason I ask is because with the magic experience, we had one person take a really long time to comeup, they actually couldnt break through until much much later when having a bit of a benzo (i also attribute this to the fact that feeling was different, so i think they were searching for that "fucked up" molly feel).

Im definitely convinced about impurities affecting ones response and such, even between good products you can feel different characteristics. We had some stuff a long while back that just felt "creamier" every time, for instance, maybe we shouldve blind-tested though ha. Im probably getting into a blackhole here, but it reminds me of how a common trope is how different liquors bring out different experiences for people. It "shouldnt" because its just alcohol...but the impurities....

Have you ever had an experience where it felt like you were constantly coming up? I ask because i attribute some of the better experiences i've had with this sensation. I guess the difference being that at this point I generally feel like ive clearly "broken through", but from there it still feels constantly like we're goin up and up.

I guess, what im particularly curious about is if youve had experiences where youve dropped multiple "meh"s and felt like you were roping along comeups...does it just constantly feel like you're getting closer but never break through? How is also your anxiety during this time?

Well, this is all very subjective, obviously. I will do my best to answer your question, but these altered experiences can be a bit hard to pin down and quantify in retrospect.

I would not personally describe my experiences as feeling like I am roping along comeups, as you put it. To me, the very early part of the comeup feels like it might develop into a typical MDMA experience. But, it never develops into that. It develops into this different, flat, sleepy experience. You feel like maybe it would improve if you took more. However, subsequent doses do not bring back the "comeup" feeling or progress the roll into a typical MDMA roll.

As for anxiety...how are you defining anxiety? On magic rolls, there would be a fast, sometimes anxious come-up where you went up fast and hard and it hit you like a train. Sometimes that rapid elevation was rattling. There was a nervous anticipation. On Meh, it is not like that. The comeup is not anxious per say, but the plateau sometimes occupies a negative headspace. I don't know that I would characterize it as anxiety though. As others have commented, it is more focused on just wanting to be alone, or wishing people would stop talking. Anti-social maybe, but not necessarily anxiety.

Great post man, it’s awesome when folks come through for ya like that, I know the feeling ;)

But yea it’s the duration thing that has always been the biggest indicator of change IMO. A lot of people seem caught up on pupils, while duration should be looked at equally as hard.

The couple of times I think I took meh over the years that was the main thing that stood out to me. One night in particular I dosed at 930 and by 12 we were coming down, that ain’t right.

Also I like the term differences blasting does seem more appropriate! True rolling is a 4-6hr (sometimes a tad longer) experience that keeps you completely immersed that entire time with light valleys but no disappointment, not this 2hr knock you in the head peak that drops off to nothing leaving you wanting more.

-GC
I 100% agree with this statement
Back when I first did MDMA the length of durantation from only 100mg was a solid 4-6 hours.

The Meh MDMA every time made me redose constantly and the feeling would only last 1-2 hours.

Last year when I did MDMA after a year a break 100mg had me rolling 5-6 hours easily and I for the first time in a long time I didnt wan't to redose because I was pretty gone.

Normally i'd be redosing until 0.5g or more so this was surprising, so there is magic MDMA still around just gotta find it.

Came across some product that was synthed from piperonal. The product has not been washed yet.

What is odd to me is that the smell is not that far off from a safrole synth. It is honestly very confusing, and makes me re-think some of the product I have encountered over the past few years.

For those of you who have also smelled both, how would you describe the difference in the smell?

Last edited:
Piperonal has a very pleasant smell.

I think the description below does it justice.

Last edited:
Not for the pure compound but contaminants can alter its aroma.
It does not have enantiomers.

So safrole is a very unique odor that I can’t quite describe but once you’ve smelt it enough you can’t mistaken it. The closest common spice I’ve found is Mace (probably cuz its got a little safrole in it) but others say Anise. Mdp2p is less pungent and spicier. Piperanol is more vanilla/cherry-like if I’m not mistaken.

-GC

So safrole is a very unique odor that I can’t quite describe but once you’ve smelt it enough you can’t mistaken it. The closest common spice I’ve found is Mace (probably cuz its got a little safrole in it) but others say Anise. Mdp2p is less pungent and spicier. Piperanol is more vanilla/cherry-like if I’m not mistaken.

-GC

At this point, it has been 15+ years since I have definitively smelled safrole.

I have encountered products that smell, and for some of them, I assumed the smell was safrole. Doubting that now.

Sometimes the smell seems more like a chemical root beer than I recall pills smelling like. Almost like the smell was added afterwards or something.

Right now, I have three different products that smell. One is the piperonal synth. One claimed to be a safrole synth, but honestly, it smells like the piperonal. The other is a very dark MDA. The MDA smells different than the other two, and probably smells closest to the old pills.

Status
Not open for further replies.