• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

What is wrong with the MDMA available today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I concur.
You are one of the most concrete posters in this thread. Did you take down his dilation ratio in controlled lighting conditions, which I mentioned before ?
What is his body mass ?

Na unfortunately not on either... But figured the anecdote was worth mentioning regardless.

When I have experiences or am with others having experiences it’s tough to pull away from the moment for stuff like that.

I’ll try to remember to do it to myself here in a few weeks though!

-GC

Found a pic from 2014. This was one of the better batches I have had in recent years. It was not "old school," but it was better than most. I am curious if this pic shows slightly more dilation than my other pic. This was off a much lower dose. I think I only took a total of 200 mg that night, and this may have been taken after only 100 mg. I would have to find my written notes from 2014 to know for sure if this was after dose 1, or after the re-dose. @user666 would you comment on the dilation?

<edited to add: looks like this was taken 3.5 hours after the initial dose. Most likely, by that time, I had already taken the re-dose.>

BW-Eyes-2014-BMP.png

For the more recent pic, you said it was 0.491.

The more recent pic was on a much higher dose, but had less dilation over all.

So, my recollections of the two batches seem to align with the eye dilation, overall.

200 mg = 53% (less meh)
350 mg = 49% (more meh)

For the more recent pic, you said it was 0.491.
Yes, that would be the 49%

The more recent pic was on a much higher dose, but had less dilation over all.
So, my recollections of the two batches seem to align with the eye dilation, overall.
200 mg = 53% (less meh)
350 mg = 49% (more meh)
To be completely scientific about it, such small differences are not statistically significant.

As it stands now, I do not even know of a reliable study, which documents the dose-response function. (the response in this case being the mydriasis).
It is even our assumption that the response is monotonically increasing with the dose.

If we had several hundred dilation measurements in controlled light conditions, with known dose and body mass, then we could get build up this function ourselves and with the p value below 0.05.
Maybe such data already exists somewhere. I did not look for it exhaustively. The data from a "pre-Meh era" would be especially valuable.

Yes, that would be the 49%

To be completely scientific about it, such small differences are not statistically significant.

As it stands now, I do not even know of a reliable study, which documents the dose-response function. (the response in this case being the mydriasis).
It is even our assumption that the response is monotonically increasing with the dose.

If we had several hundred dilation measurements in controlled light conditions, with known dose and body mass, then we could get build up this function ourselves and with the p value below 0.05.
Maybe such data already exists somewhere. I did not look for it exhaustively. The data from a "pre-Meh era" would be especially valuable.

Pupillary diameter is included in a chart on page 6 of this study:

It does show that it correlates with dose.

<edited to add: Based on that study, if we want to be accurate about this, we need to photograph pupils at specific points and make comparisons between photos taken at the same time.>

Last edited:
Pupil dilation is a means to measure a possible MDMA purity range?

I don't know that I would go so far as to say that. However, research does show that MDMA will cause mydriasis for the majority of users once you have crossed a certain dose threshold. However, there are a lot of people in this thread who take much higher doses than that and do not see mydriasis. Other typical effects are also absent. So, many people here do think mydriasis is a measure of whether you have received quality MDMA or not.

Not really quantifiable though is it? Like colour ... although pure MDMA tends to be very white (because of acetone washing multiple times).

Not really quantifiable though is it? Like colour ... although pure MDMA tends to be very white (because of acetone washing multiple times).

Does this imply that you could purify some MDMA that you have by washing it with acetone?

An acetone wash will only remove oils/precursors. Meth among certain other drugs that MDMA is often cut with, will remain as they are not soluble in acetone. This is why testing reagents are critical.

An acetone wash will only remove oils/precursors. Meth among certain other drugs that MDMA is often cut with, will remain as they are not soluble in acetone. This is why testing reagents are critical.

Sure, as I personally always test and recommend others do so as well.

Fractional distillation could isolate the individual compounds, could it not?

You have entered the Chemist's territory but I am not one ...

But I know that water distillation overnight often leaves small glass-like shards ... the method is useful to recrystallise powered MDMA.

It is a lot more quantifiable than color as @user666 has shown with measurements of pupils.

I’ve got one picture I found that was caught at a club years back, I never get pictures of me taken let alone while high so I was surprised in the photo to say the least. It’s grainy (too grainy to measure accurately) but my pupils are pretty much to the edge. As are my two companions..

This was off 100+50mg of some clear potent shard.

I’m going to do as you say yser666 here in a couple weeks to get measurements for magic.. I’ll report back.

Sure, as I personally always test and recommend others do so as well.

Fractional distillation could isolate the individual compounds, could it not?

Acetone washing can help but it’s poor compared to vacuum fractional distillation in terms of purifying MDMA.

If I was an MDMA chemist, no matter the route I’d do an A/B with multiple washes on both the freebase and salt. Followed by vacuum distillation (depending on the setup possibly multiple distillations). Then gas with ultra dry and pure HCl gas in isopropyl, obtain salt. Wash with freezer cold acetone very briskly only once (to avoid enamine formation which is likely nil but a concern nonetheless). Finish off with a very slow re-x from dried isopropyl.

If every chemist did this we wouldn’t be here talking..

-GC

Last edited:
I would advise not jumping into a purification without first doing some sort of test (GC, TLC) to show what you need to remove..

I would advise not jumping into a purification without first doing some sort of test (GC, TLC) to show what you need to remove..

You have to say though sekio, that if one is unsure techniques like a full A/B and vacuum distillation aren’t going to hurt none and will more likely clean it up than an acetone wash or re-X.

-GC

It really depends. Recrystallization can be quite powerful if you have the right conditions.

Vacuum distillation is a little too equipment-heavy for the average person to do, but certainly can help purify things. Preferably you would do so with a fractionating column and not as a simple distillation though. Also you would have to convert the MDMA to its freebase oil form to do so, you can't distill the HCl salt...

BTW when you isolate this mystical impurity that ruins MDMA trips, page me...

This is a collection of people including me I have photo'd while on MDMA back in 2014.

The MDMA in 2014
Jkq59H1.jpg

9v7HdSq.jpg

The eyes
Ma8dBR8.jpg

aCvJDIq.jpg
1U4XOyA.jpg
yLkbO0e.jpg

While this was in 2018 and the one above 2014 for comparison.
3u1j5rd.jpg

HDxMq20.jpg

Also the MDMA in this photo was in Amsterdam and looked to be of high quality but it produced the effects of the high above and was the meh mdma feeling.

I took a year break from MDMA recently after a very bad experience with meh mdma which took months to recover, I suffered panic attacks throughout most nights and after that year break I took MDMA again in 0.1g and it lasted a solid 6 hours. It was probably the closest ive felt to the old days in a long time , now another year has passed and ill be doing more in the coming months. Ill let you know how it goes.

Also, I found an image from last year where previously to that I took a year break and this MDMA was good. 100mg last a solid 6 hours which was crazy !

Strong similarity to the 2014 dialation.

xAFFPym.jpg

So I still can’t figure out how to safely post this pic but I found one of me from like 2013 or so with pupils huge.

I blew it up and then measured the grainy picture best I could with a ruler lol. I measured at two different zooms to try and get a better read.

Both measured in at around 80%.

-GC

Status
Not open for further replies.