• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

What is wrong with the MDMA available today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, are we generally leaning towards a theory now that illicit MDMA contains trace impurities, and those impurities have the potential to influence the experience in a positive or negative fashion? Furthermore, in combination with individual genetics/tolerances etc. and minimal variations in isomer balance, the effects of "MDMA" can vary greatly from batch to batch with a myriad of mehnifestations and magifestations?

It’s over for now. There was a period of time that everyone was on the net posting “what happened to good cocaine”. What happened to cola is a combination of law enforcement, supply routes and Politics/socioeconomics in a handful of South American countries. Now fire coke is available by the ton. Maybe One day things will turn around for MDMA and the real deal will resurface, maybe not. At this moment, the magic, perfect and abundance of the real life changing E is over. Analyze it all day long and argue about “losing the magic”, which is a total load of bullshit, btw. People who knew what they were doing got popped, supplies of precursors dried up or (most likely) the younger generation has no idea what the real deal is and those younger folks are willing to buy shit that is cheaper and fucks them up in any way (economics). Probably a combination of those reasons. But it isn’t around unless you are one of a handful of people who sat on some white clovers or Mitsubishi’s from 1998. That particular party is over dudes, and arguing about why it’s over is pointless. My opinion. One thing is for certain, there is no economic benefit to producing mass quantities of a social/dancing/love/party drug in the midst of a global pandemic. There are no parties and clubs and concert halls are going bankrupt. Probably best to let that dream go for now. All the drugs people like doing at home on their couch are thriving. Like I said, economics rules in this industry and the party is fucking over for now.

My opinion. One thing is for certain, there is no economic benefit to producing mass quantities of a social/dancing/love/party drug in the midst of a global pandemic. There are no parties and clubs and concert halls are going bankrupt. Probably best to let that dream go for now. All the drugs people like doing at home on their couch are thriving. Like I said, economics rules in this industry and the party is fucking over for now.

I see your reasoning and see it as the perfect time for proper MDMA to come back (once covid is gone)..mdma appeared in the UK in the late 80's and it was the thing that youth needed most in a time of austerity ♥️

I agr
I see your reasoning and see it as the perfect time for proper MDMA to come back (once covid is gone)..mdma appeared in the UK in the late 80's and it was the thing that youth needed most in a time of austerity ♥
i agree. When this shit is over, there will be a party like we have never seen. At that point it wouldn’t surprise me if that party is fueled by the love drug. I hope you’re right.

It’s over for now. There was a period of time that everyone was on the net posting “what happened to good cocaine”. What happened to cola is a combination of law enforcement, supply routes and Politics/socioeconomics in a handful of South American countries. Now fire coke is available by the ton. Maybe One day things will turn around for MDMA and the real deal will resurface, maybe not. At this moment, the magic, perfect and abundance of the real life changing E is over. Analyze it all day long and argue about “losing the magic”, which is a total load of bullshit, btw. People who knew what they were doing got popped, supplies of precursors dried up or (most likely) the younger generation has no idea what the real deal is and those younger folks are willing to buy shit that is cheaper and fucks them up in any way (economics). Probably a combination of those reasons. But it isn’t around unless you are one of a handful of people who sat on some white clovers or Mitsubishi’s from 1998. That particular party is over dudes, and arguing about why it’s over is pointless. My opinion. One thing is for certain, there is no economic benefit to producing mass quantities of a social/dancing/love/party drug in the midst of a global pandemic. There are no parties and clubs and concert halls are going bankrupt. Probably best to let that dream go for now. All the drugs people like doing at home on their couch are thriving. Like I said, economics rules in this industry and the party is fucking over for now.

Very odd juxtaposition of the pandemic and poor quality mdma being available. The pandemic has only been going on for a half year and will be over in another half to full year. Really wont have an impact on the "economics" of mdma. If people were willing to buy shitty mdma then, theyre gonma be willing to buy shitty mdma now....i mean if the molly today doesnt work and get you loved up and is only able to get you fucked up, what does social distancing/pandemic have anything to do with it.

Alcohol consumption is way up.

Quite contradictory logic.

In any case, i do agree that the people who knew what they were doing probably got canned, but i disagree that they can be the only ones. There are still people out there that know and there will be people who step up to the plate and learn.

Well apparently not all of em lol

Gonna be rolling tomorrow, should be fun. I’m also finally gonna get my hands on that gram my brothers holding for me that he (as someone who has lost a fair amount of the magic) says is absolute amazing.

Yea I don’t really fully believe magic loss, at least not how many people describe it. Most people’s magic loss sounds like change of product.

I watched my brother truly burn himself out and still seems to really enjoy the drug yet by his own accounts he’s lost the magic. He still gets dilated pupils, pro social effects, stimulation, pretty much everything but to a lesser extent. Not like you guys describe as the drug being completely different.

-GC

You do realize that this thread started in April, 2016 and has nothing to do with the current pandemic shortage?

Also, I never felt like anyone was arguing about anything. Seems more like collaboration to me.

Determining the "why" is never pointless.

You do realize that this thread started in April, 2016 and has nothing to do with the current pandemic shortage?

Also, I never felt like anyone was arguing about anything. Seems more like collaboration to me.

Determining the "why" is never pointless.

Especially when we just made major progress, and 90’s MDMA could be as simple as creating n-formyl-MDMA via Formic acid on MDMA, mix that up in the right ratios with some more MDMA and voila 90’s Leuckart MDMA without the Leuckart hassle.

-GC

Especially when we just made major progress, and 90’s MDMA could be as simple as creating n-formyl-MDMA via Formic acid on MDMA, mix that up in the right ratios with some more MDMA and voila 90’s Leuckart MDMA without the Leuckart hassle.

-GC

But what incentive is there for the producers to give a shit about quality when the majority of their customer base don't? It seems to me that the younger generation are quite happy as long as they get fucked up...

Sorry, I kinda glossed over the last couple of pages. So there's a thought that magic is mdma plus an active impurity? That would be surprising to me as I would have assumed early usage by pioneers would have had better purity but maybe I'm wrong. Plus there's that paper (sorry, haven't got it handy) that found two impurities/byproducts that can inhibit mdma action, so I thought that's the safest bet. But hey, all good theories to test with a decent analysis of a meh vs magic sample I guess?

a social/dancing/love/party drug in the midst of a global pandemic. There are no parties and clubs and concert halls are going bankrupt

I've noticed this focus on raves and parties quite a bit in the thread, as a guess I would say it seems like most of the thread was introduced to MDMA at old school raves/parties and had most of their experiences in those places. MDMA is a lot more than just a "party drug" though. I wonder if the initial MDMA therapists thought there was something wrong with the MDMA produced in the 90s when kids would take it and dance to "repetitive beats" for hours at a time.

It seems to me that the younger generation are quite happy as long as they get fucked up...
That is absolutely not a new phenomenon, based on some of those old pill reports I was reading.

Most of my MDMA experiences have been at my home or the home of a friend. Although I have had a decent number of live music events thrown into the mix, I would say at least 85% have been home activities.

-GC
Nope.sorry to burst your bubble but nope.

But what incentive is there for the producers to give a shit about quality when the majority of their customer base don't? It seems to me that the younger generation are quite happy as long as they get fucked up...
There wouldn't be a 300page discussion about it if ppl were happy with it.

Yeah, I don't think it is a small group. I have seen this exact topic come up all over the internet, on random Reddit pages, in comment sections etc. A lot of people talk about it but lack the motivation to really try to figure it out, or they assume it is them, or they think they just lost their good connection or whatever. People will send me little screenshots of comments where this is being discussed. Now, I do think there is a larger group of young users who probably cannot tell the difference, or they like what is currently being provided to them. I think the Meh product is getting bought without an issue; I don't doubt that.

Shit, look at me. I keep buying it. It is partially hope that "this time it will be different," but honestly I use the meh product even when I know exactly what the experience will be. Approximating joy is sometimes more appealing than a known lack of it.

Does the discussion of the topic match the perceived scale of the problem though? Based on the information in this thread, it would appear that the majority of the MDMA in the world is meh. I say that based on the fact that it seems that everyone who has noticed the "mehDMA" situation finds that nearly all the MDMA available to them is meh. Is there even anyone in the thread who has been able to find a solid consistent source of "magic" MDMA after encountering meh? People mentioning finding a lucky batch here or there, but I don't think anyone has said "yeah the MDMA here is great again, weird that was".

Status
Not open for further replies.