• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

What is wrong with the MDMA available today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Negi I am just not sure how relevant these posts are to our conversation. They were from 7 years ago, so the nature of the vendors may have shifted considerably since then as well as production methods. Also, very possible that comments like, "I was spared the usual stream of big happy ultra optimistic, but ultimately empty 'knowwhere plans' hatching in my head and in my books, being spared from all this bullshit happy head mince is a big bonus" are talking about a similar phenomenon, but with different words. The third post you included is definitely not the same issue, as that individual noted dilated pupils and enhanced touch, two characteristics completely lacking from the MehDMA discussed here.

Some people in this thread have have reported encountering mehDMA as far back as 2005, so I feel like the thread can provide a useful data point towards that. As for if those could have been mehDMA reports, I'll have to leave that up to those with experience from it. Nearly all the reports in this thread have focused on the things they feel is lacking from it, so I don't have a clear definition of what the remaining effects are.

Would this match a mehDMA experience?
My experience was of a nice floaty and pretty damn potent hit, that would come in a wave, before subsiding to be then followed by another wave and so on. These pills never compelled me to turn into Captain Socialite (which is not really in keeping with my character anyways), and whilst bobbing around on the dancefloor with my girlfriend, I was spared the usual stream of big happy ultra optimistic, but ultimately empty 'knowwhere plans' hatching in my head and in my books, being spared from all this bullshit happy head mince is a big bonus. In summation, the hit I got from these was nice, warm and floaty. Definitely not speedy, and also not a hit that I would describe particularly as being of the 'clear headed' variety.

My friend who also started on a whole pill, also has very positive things to say about these pills.

My rating for the White Speakers from Chemical Brothers is 8.5/10. (Strong potency, very nice quality warm happy hit, but not hitting that AAA crystal clear MDMA Nirvana)

@Negi That writer definitely has his/her distinct writing style, lol. Some of it sounds like Meh, but some does not:

My experience was of a nice floaty and pretty damn potent hit, that would come in a wave, before subsiding to be then followed by another wave and so on.

This does not align with my personal experiences. I would not describe it as nice and floaty. I also feel like it lacks that "waves" quality. When it drops off, it drops off and is done. There is no additional wave, in my experience.

These pills never compelled me to turn into Captain Socialite (which is not really in keeping with my character anyways

This sounds like Meh. It lacks the pro-social aspect.

whilst bobbing around on the dancefloor with my girlfriend,

This does not sound like Meh. You wouldn't want to bob around anywhere.

I was spared the usual stream of big happy ultra optimistic, but ultimately empty 'knowwhere plans' hatching in my head and in my books, being spared from all this bullshit happy head mince is a big bonus.

I take this to mean that there were no inspired thoughts, or ideas to go and do XYZ. This does sound like Meh. I don't know how to really describe this, but MDMA for me would always have me hatching some ridiculous plan to move the stereo, or find some better pair of headphones, or put the bed in the living room. The plans never came to fruition, but a good portion of the roll would be spent going through cords to connect something that I never quite figured out how to connect. It is hard to explain, but the Meh product does not do that to me at all. I have no inspired, happy plans.

In summation, the hit I got from these was nice, warm and floaty. Definitely not speedy, and also not a hit that I would describe particularly as being of the 'clear headed' variety.

Does not sound quite like Meh. Meh is cold to me, and not really floaty.

Also, @Negi, I struggle with this as well: "I don't have a clear definition of what the remaining effects are."

Honestly, I don't have a clear way to describe the effects myself. I find it very challenging to describe it by emphasizing what qualities it has rather than the qualities it lacks.

Physical - feels cold and heavy. You know how your body feels when you are really tired and you just can't imagine getting up to go anywhere? It feels kind of like that.
Mental - There is almost an absence of thought. It is quite vacant. I think this is what reminds me of xanax, because both eliminate the chatter of my mind. I have a very active mind, and this definitely has a silencing effect.
Auditory - Environmental sounds including talking are often disruptive to the vacant mental state. Interruptions, in general, are frustrating.

Physical - feels cold and heavy. You know how your body feels when you are really tired and you just can't imagine getting up to go anywhere? It feels kind of like that.
Mental - There is almost an absence of thought. It is quite vacant. I think this is what reminds me of xanax, because both eliminate the chatter of my mind. I have a very active mind, and this definitely has a silencing effect.
Auditory - Environmental sounds including talking are often disruptive to the vacant mental state. Interruptions, in general, are frustrating.

I'm gonna try and riff on this.

I do notice a greater pleasure in touching others on Meh. It's more enjoyable to have a hand/arm on a friend than when sober, but I don't search it out, and it's not a disappointment when I don't have it or break contact.
Meh has a silencing effect on mental activity for me, as well, but it's in an unpleasant, makes me feel empty kind of way. I've done some good shadow work on Meh once simply because I decided to jump headfirst into the empty meaninglessness and see what it was that really scared me so much about it. There's really nothing to hold you there, though, like Magic. I was only able to stay in the emptiness because I was actively evoking a psycho-spiritual form in my mind to keep me centered.
Even music is disrupting. I like the descriptor of interruptions being frustrating. That fits my experience almost perfectly. No-one talk, no-one move, turn the music off, make no sound, just let me be.
I used to have a strong "what is wrong with me" feeling that would accompany the experience, being unable to not blame myself for feeling so low. Now, I just get angry because I know it's not me but the drug.

Sorry guys I haven’t caught up on the recent posts after my last, still licking my wounds after that last upset. Every time I feel we are about to make some progress on this something like my last experiment snafoo happens.

I was so pissed I damn near gave up but then yesterday something happened. I have two samples of 5-MAPB, one is pure magic (#1) while the other came as impure lackluster garbage (#2).

Batch #2 was purified a great deal to a point that nearly resembles batch #1.

I then tried a little bit of batch 2 while on some other substances and still noticed a similar lackluster effect but it was hard to know for sure with the size of dose and other drugs in my system.

Today I’ll be trying this batch 2 by itself to see if it’s the same or different.

Last night I did a side by side with reagents and noticed some peculiar differences, but the one that stood out.

Just as with the MDMA experiments (the first round) the pure magic #1 eventually went a maroon purple on Liebermann whereas the batch 2 stayed that brown/black color.

Now once again I feel there’s maybe something to this particular reaction. I’m planning on doing a series of Reagent reactions to see if I can’t see some patterns going on.

All hope is not lost I suppose. Tonight will be the test to see if this batch 2 of 5-MAPB is magic or meh. If it’s magic then I may be back to drawing board.

Take care guys,

-GC

Are people getting euphoria at all on mehDMA? Again how based on how people talk about it in the thread it seems like there isn't anything to salvage from, if you find out you have it the whole thing is lackluster.

Sorry guys I haven’t caught up on the recent posts after my last, still licking my wounds after that last upset. Every time I feel we are about to make some progress on this something like my last experiment snafoo happens.

I was so pissed I damn near gave up but then yesterday something happened. I have two samples of 5-MAPB, one is pure magic (#1) while the other came as impure lackluster garbage (#2).

I then tried a little bit of batch 2 while on some other substances and still noticed a similar lackluster effect but it was hard to know for sure with the size of dose and other drugs in my system.

Today I’ll be trying this batch 2 by itself to see if it’s the same or different.

Last night I did a side by side with reagents and noticed some peculiar differences, but the one that stood out.

Just as with the MDMA experiments (the first round) the pure magic #1 eventually went a maroon purple on Liebermann whereas the batch 2 stayed that brown/black color.

Now once again I feel there’s maybe something to this particular reaction. I’m planning on doing a series of Reagent reactions to see if I can’t see some patterns going on.

All hope is not lost I suppose. Tonight will be the test to see if this batch 2 of 5-MAPB is magic or meh. If it’s magic then I may be back to drawing board.

Take care guys,

-GC

Yeah man that recent pure 5-MAPB is absolute fire! Beats the shit out of MehDMA, in every respect. First time was absolutely magical, just like my first MagicMD time. Recent experiences have been amazing but not to the extent of that first time. Plus you only need about 50-70mg, even lower doses at around 35mg have been great. If I was offered shite MD or 5-MAPB, it would be the latter all the way.

Are people getting euphoria at all on mehDMA? Again how based on how people talk about it in the thread it seems like there isn't anything to salvage from, if you find out you have it the whole thing is lackluster.

None for me. Every time I end up feeling worse than before I took it.

@G_Chem in my current TLC experiments I've been applying reagents to the spots. I've found the colours to be a lot more vibrant, and nuanced than when applying to raw crystal. Normally, for me, when applying reagents to raw that are supposed to turn a dark colour, they just go black. But after TLC, marquis had a very blue fringe, and froedhe purple. These colours were very obvious.

So I was wondering if you could try doing the same? Comparing magic and meh batches after TLC? Unfortunately I've only got meh samples so can't compare.

None. I used to describe the euphoria of magic as being so intense it was like being crushed and exploded all at the same time, but pleasurable. Mehdma and mehda don't have any. Sometimes you get a feeling like it's about to happen, but it never does. That's what I miss the most.

None. I used to describe the euphoria of magic as being so intense it was like being crushed and exploded all at the same time, but pleasurable. Mehdma and mehda don't have any. Sometimes you get a feeling like it's about to happen, but it never does. That's what I miss the most.
meh feels like it's about to begin the comeup and then "poof" fades away. Real MDMA first gives you energy then it dissapears for a good 10min and THEN BAM, you get lightheaded and your whole body starts rushing you feel so fucking alive. omg i wanna roll after this shit finally fucking ends.

@G_Chem in my current TLC experiments I've been applying reagents to the spots. I've found the colours to be a lot more vibrant, and nuanced than when applying to raw crystal. Normally, for me, when applying reagents to raw that are supposed to turn a dark colour, they just go black. But after TLC, marquis had a very blue fringe, and froedhe purple. These colours were very obvious.
So I was wondering if you could try doing the same? Comparing magic and meh batches after TLC? Unfortunately I've only got meh samples so can't compare.
This is an excellent idea when on a shoestring budget.

Can you help @G_Chem obtain the TLC plates?
I can help him with the well-filtered UV light if he wants it.

Last edited:

Take care guys,

-GC
Could you do me a favour and try smoking some mapb in an ice pipe?
I have a theory to test regarding mapb

This is an excellent idea when on a shoestring budget.

Can you help @G_Chem obtain the TLC plates?
I can help him with the well-filtered UV light if he wants it.

For the plates, I'm using standard 254nm silica plates which I got off ebay of all places. They're quite easy to get hold of, it's just a matter of finding a decent price in your locality.

You don't really need uv visualisation. You can just put drops of the reagent over the whole plate. With DCM:methanol:ammonia 90:9:1, I'm getting an rf of around .45. So you can start dropping reagent about half-way up and you should hit it. Sometimes the drop of the reagent pushes material to the drop edge and makes it look a bit funny, but colour-wise you should see quite a lot.

More info: https://mdma.noosworx.com/index.php?title=Thin_Layer_Chromatography

meh feels like it's about to begin the comeup and then "poof" fades away. Real MDMA first gives you energy then it dissapears for a good 10min and THEN BAM, you get lightheaded and your whole body starts rushing you feel so fucking alive. omg i wanna roll after this shit finally fucking ends.

I agree with both these comments. There are distinct moments when it feels like it is about to happen, but it doesn't. It is like you are on the same road for awhile, and it is a familiar enough road, but then right before the top of the mountain, you end up on some detour that doesn't go to the top of the mountain.

To understand where I am coming from, you really need to understand my situation. I cannot drink due to a bladder condition that gets irritated whenever I drink. I cannot smoke pot, because it is a phytoestrogen that might interfere in my birth control's efficacy. So, my options at any given time are psychedelics or ecstasy. Psychedelics, as much as I love them in the right set/setting, are not always the best option for me in a house-party or at home type of situation. My mind feels pretty limited indoors with psychedelics, and sex is a big question mark on psychedelics for me. It could go really well or really poorly.

So, despite the fact that I do NOT get the effects of MDMA, I would be lying if I said I did not get something out of the MehDMA experience, even if it is just a slightly altered reality for a few hours. It really does remind me of a low dose of xanax. I do feel relaxed when I take it, but it is not euphoric at all.

I used to write poetry on E or after taking E. It made me feel like I could believe in some kind of divinity again after abandoning religion. It made me feel like eternity was a concept that was possible. Breathing felt amazing, even the most basic of human actions felt amazing. All my senses were amplified, like I was a superhero with super sight and super hearing. I heard background instruments in music I had NEVER heard before (even though I played my favorite songs).

MehDMA is just not the same drug. It provides none of that. What it does provide is a feeling of easily interrupted relaxation, and a quieting of the mind (and an appreciation for blankets).

Probably the most interesting MehDMA experience I had was when my partner fell asleep once, and I just laid in the dark and meditated. Had a very interesting lucid dream experience under those circumstances where I met an odd entity. So, there may be something interesting to be explored if you did it 100% alone and pursued a dream state.

None for me. Every time I end up feeling worse than before I took it.

This is why I felt that none of the experiences from the Silkroad thread indicated the presence of mehDMA. Based on these reports I can't imagine anyone taking it and rating it a 8.5/10.

Status
Not open for further replies.