• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

What is wrong with the MDMA available today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @mooka, I am looking at the replies now. You may want to also emphasize that the "meh" product seems to produce sickness later on, and it may be dangerous and with unknown long term effects. Users are seeing the MDMA result from testing companies and assuming everything is ok, but something is not normal. Also, point out that some testing companies provide percentages of strength and that even 85% MDMA with no other detected compounds is producing the meh results, and that taking more to compensate does not seem to make a difference.

Wanted to also get everyone's feedback on this oddity. So, I rolled on December 31. Felt fine for about 3 days, then had a typical emotional dip on days 4 and 5. On day 6 and 7 however, I had an extremely elevated mood and afterglow to such an extent that I even experienced enhanced hearing and appreciation of music. There is an effect I used to get on MDMA where I can hear more detail and musical separation than normal. I am not sure I hear music normally, honestly. I miss what is going on in the background. However, on MDMA, I can hear the background instruments and texture of the music (if it is good product). I had this same effect on days 6 and 7 after the roll, and then abruptly on day 8, it went away along with the elevated mood & I normalized. What do all of you make of that?
Actually, this sounds entirely normal and feasible to my mind and this is actually what I would expect people to report after legitimate MDMA experiences with things equalising and leveling out with a dip after the initial uplifting afterglow which then swings back the other way once that dip clears, then a pick up again because essentially the experience is intended to be healing and motivational and uplifting and inspirational so these aspects are not lost or deleted by the negative bit and have been taken on board and processed and assimilated by your conscious and subconscious mind and emotional outlook.

I experience a similar thing with LSD. Depending on overall dosage and intensity and longevity of effects because I do go a bit overboard, I will either have a very positive Afterglow the following days or I can have several days of kind of emotional malaise and insecurity and a feeling that I am not in full control of my thoughts and feelings almost feeling a bit sorry for myself.

Then after another day or so this emotional lull swings back the other way and I will experience a much uplifted and cleared and refreshed positive outlook and feeling.

Which is essentially the positive outcome of the tripping experience as my my conscious and unconscious mind have been assimilating and processing the introspection and insight gained and the lessons to be learned.

Very different to MDMA of course which it was a very long time ago for me as you will know but similar principles I feel to do with the mind and emotion and conscious and subconscious processing.

Although with MDMA it's much more physical and biochemical of course.
But what you describe experiencing sounds to me much more right and what I would expect people to experience in general, not necessarily in the same order and duration and timing etc.

I hope that makes a little sense anyway my mental faculties are down the drain currently with winter illnesses and generally very poorly condition not helped by mass over consumption of psychoactive substances just of late particularly Acid and Kava.

Just trying to recover and and rebuild some strength now the winters always hit me really hard at this exact time every year and probably not the best plan to have gone on an over-the-top bender on every psychoactive substance I could just about tolerate for a prolonged period of 8 or 9 weeks.

I just wanted to pop in to say that product @indigoaura looks pretty good IMO.

For me personally, the week after a roll is usually a time where I feel “renewed/cleansed” and often a moment to start new tasks or projects. Nothing gives me that effect like MDMA (even other empathogens) and it’s one of the main reasons I use it. I can vary between euphoria and a sense of calm. Music can vary between sounding really good still or bland depending on what I did during the roll. (For instance spending a night or two on MDMA perfectly placed in front of an F1 or Henny rig will make any music after that seem like garbage in comparison.)

Idk man I thought more people had access to quality product but upon looking at a pic of me in a crowd of people a few days ago I look like I’m standing out like a sore thumb. Everyone’s eyes are dropped, no ones dancing, everyone is fully clothed... Then there’s me right in the middle, shirtless, grin ear to ear while simultaneously looking like my jaw might fall off, getting the fuck down. I remember that day it was hot as hell and I’m literally the only shirtless person in the photo of hundreds. True real MDMA would have a lot more people getting clothes off, I remember full blown orgies in the middle of festivals years back.

Something ain’t right..

-GC

True real MDMA would have a lot more people getting clothes off, I remember full blown orgies in the middle of festivals years back.

Yes. And, that was my point with sharing that anecdote awhile back of the EDM event. The people who looked like they were rolling were the minority. They had taken their shirts off. They were obviously hot. They were touching and rubbing everything. They kept running their fingers through their own hair. Their jaws were askew. Their eyes were huge. It was visibly obvious that they were rolling. All the other people standing around with their arms crossed and spaced out, grim looks on their faces did not look the part.

Hi @mooka, I am looking at the replies now. You may want to also emphasize that the "meh" product seems to produce sickness later on, and it may be dangerous and with unknown long term effects. Users are seeing the MDMA result from testing companies and assuming everything is ok, but something is not normal. Also, point out that some testing companies provide percentages of strength and that even 85% MDMA with no other detected compounds is producing the meh results, and that taking more to compensate does not seem to make a difference.
Not just testing companies. Private parties/labs as well.. it seems to be easily missed even with very sensitive tools most labs don't use.

I just wanted to pop in to say that product @indigoaura looks pretty good IMO.

For me personally, the week after a roll is usually a time where I feel “renewed/cleansed” and often a moment to start new tasks or projects. Nothing gives me that effect like MDMA (even other empathogens) and it’s one of the main reasons I use it. I can vary between euphoria and a sense of calm. Music can vary between sounding really good still or bland depending on what I did during the roll. (For instance spending a night or two on MDMA perfectly placed in front of an F1 or Henny rig will make any music after that seem like garbage in comparison.)

Idk man I thought more people had access to quality product but upon looking at a pic of me in a crowd of people a few days ago I look like I’m standing out like a sore thumb. Everyone’s eyes are dropped, no ones dancing, everyone is fully clothed... Then there’s me right in the middle, shirtless, grin ear to ear while simultaneously looking like my jaw might fall off, getting the fuck down. I remember that day it was hot as hell and I’m literally the only shirtless person in the photo of hundreds. True real MDMA would have a lot more people getting clothes off, I remember full blown orgies in the middle of festivals years back.

Something ain’t right..

-GC
Yeah real mdma make you hot and sweaty like crazy. Meh makes you cold and shivery.

@indigoaura
posted! let's see if we get some feedback.
thanks for your time :)
link: https://www.sciencemadness.org/whisper/viewthread.php?tid=154716
I cant post. Refer them to page 170 and tell them an NMR HAS BEEN DONE. the last message was
I have gone throught the NMR, need to know was the D6 DMSO solvent used pure or out of a single use vial, at the moment it looks like the material is the correct MDMA, possibly with a small amount of something else with very similar resonances so not an isomer, the peaks are slightly the wrong size, and what looks like contamination from the NMR solvent.
I will post about this later once I have checked a few things.

https://www.bluelight.org/xf/threads/what-is-wrong-with-the-mdma-available-today.791073/page-170

The stuff from the Netherlands is powerful! I had eye wobbles for about four hours lmfao couldn't text for shit

I take it IEC have not sent you the .d file. Get me the data please.

IMHO
you are wasting your time with sciencemadness, they strut and talk the talk but there is almost no one there who engages brain before posting. Instead they have a collective delusion that leads to them thinking they are keepers of some gnostic knowledge which people are trying to steal. There are some on Sciencemadness who know their stuff, I am not going to name them, but the SNR is not great and has got a lot worse over time.

S.C Wack:
That's a pretty hot precursor for like 15 years now, maybe people have switched and are ordering something wrong or something is getting lost in translation. I'd look for things like Shulgin's methyl-j.

wrong side chain length and impossible to make from safrole or PMK glycidate, plus GC-MS can and does tell the difference. Different MS spectrum different fragmentation missing m/z 58 as base peak. DIfferent retention time the Kovats is hugely different.
Try again, engage brain this time.

I am willing to entertain there is something to the Meh Magic debate and it is something to do with the properties of the MDMA.

Discoveries in science do not begin with "Eureka", they begin with "That's weird, is it real?"

Last edited:
@vash445
Thanks for pointing that

@vecktor
I can feel the vibe over there, I hoped (besides the obvious biasing towards illegal substances) that some more open minded folk could add something interesting...

@MountainTrails I really appreciate the precision with which you present your experience. My initial, gut reaction is that you have never had magic MDMA, although your experiences sound pleasant enough. The overall lack of mydriasis is a giveaway, IMO, that something is not right with your product. Not surprising to me, as the majority of product available on the DW seems to be "meh." Also, the lack of tactile enhancement seems significant as well. Tactile enhancement was a cornerstone of quality product in the early 00s. Good MDMA is more than eye jitters and enhanced lights, although a lot of the meh product I have had has seemed like it just turned up the "symptoms" without providing the heart of the experience. Since your first use did not occur until this "meh" problem was quite widespread, you may just not be finding the right product.

Thanks!

And I really appreciate the precision with which you ticked various details I'm considering. It's somewhat irritating I haven't been able to settle the issue of "me or the MDMA" definitively, and I really need to write that post in the autism forum, because it's outside the scope of this thread, and start diving deeper into the workings of at least one autistic brain.

In any case, I find it fascinating I've seen some of the reported therapeutic benefit. Especially since I found the science when I went looking for explanation of the experience (as opposed to reading and then convincing myself I was experiencing what I'd read). For example.

@MountainTrails Your posts have inspired me, and maybe I need to start a new thread. There is a nuance to the MDMA comedown that has value. It is an altered state in and of itself. I used to think of it as something to "get through." In recent years though, it has been great for writing and tapping into a separate corner of emotion. However, it is hard for me to know if this recent appreciation of the comedown is due to the MDMA being different, because "back in the day" comedowns were rough. They seemed to always involve crying and break ups...lol. If "Meh-DMA" is a separate drug, or a combination of specific byproducts, or a variation of MDMA or whatever...then maybe that is why the comedowns land differently for me now. Who knows.

Here's a crazy idea, what if MehDMA was a deliberate attempt to reduce the high of MDMA but maintain the therapeutic benefits? I can't say I always feel those therapeutic benefits, as MehDMA often just leaves me feeling ill, but it would be interesting if this were some kind of intentional experiment gone wrong.

@MountainTrails The article you posted actually casts some light on the phenomena we are discussing here. It states, "Blocking a specific subtype of serotonin receptor that abounds in the nucleus accumbens fully inhibited MDMA’s prosocial effect. Furthermore, giving the mice a different serotonin-releasing drug that does not cause dopamine release mimicked the prosocial effects of MDMA but didn’t cause any addictive, or rewarding, effects." ( https://www.futurity.org/mdma-social-effects-addiction-2234472/). This further reinforces the theory that if receptors are being blocked by active impurities, the effects profile of MDMA could change. When users report limited desire to talk or be around people, seems like serotonin receptors could be blocked. When users report a lack of a "rush" or pleasure reward, perhaps dopamine receptors are blocked.

A few pages earlier I described my experiences with mdma from the old days and my unpleasant holiday experience with blue punisher. I read this thread all the time and decided to try mdma again. I found something like this:Screenshot_2020-01-14-15-21-45-156_com.miui.gallery.png I don't take any sleeping pills anymore, so this time the test will be more thorough. besides, 3 people who have not used mdma for 15 years will take it with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.