• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

What is wrong with the MDMA available today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s exciting to see my Mandelin test theory might actually pan out :) Can’t wait for Indigo to try that newest batch, but don’t rush of course!

Also just a heads up guys, I saw that many vendors over near UK have sliced their prices in half. Lots of people wondering why?..

Well if anyone remembers that PMK glycidate was recently internationally regulated, my guess is that many of the Chinese suppliers sold off their last stock at really cheap prices. And now we’re seeing that in the price of the final product..

This also means we could be seeing the calm before the storm. I highly recommend stocking up, for those that get magic product.

-GC

Unless something really significant changes, I will be rolling on NYE. Hopefully, with this new product. It will only be a 2 month wait. Shorter than I prefer, at my age. But, I am bringing in 2020 right.

being forgetful has always been a side-effect of good mdma in my opinion, but my partner agrees the meh shit has a more "memory erasing" property to it. Forgetfulness is more pronounced on meh in my experiences as well.

Yeah, I will do stuff like go into a room and forget why or whatever, but it seemed really pronounced with this recent stuff. Usually, it seemed more like I would forget what I was doing because I got distracted with other surroundings, people etc. But, this weekend I would literally be mid sentence talking and just have no clue what I was saying or what I was about to say. Nothing happened to distract me, I just lost my thoughts.

Also just a heads up guys, I saw that many vendors over near UK have sliced their prices in half. Lots of people wondering why?..

Well if anyone remembers that PMK glycidate was recently internationally regulated, my guess is that many of the Chinese suppliers sold off their last stock at really cheap prices. And now we’re seeing that in the price of the final product..

This also means we could be seeing the calm before the storm. I highly recommend stocking up, for those that get magic product.

Well if the PMK glycidate has been a factor in the quality of uk product then maybe we should be cheering its demise :\

^^^True. I was hesitant to say anything for this reason but I’m starting to believe the problem may be in the final amination stage and not so much an issue with the starting precursor (could be very wrong on this.).

We could see a resurgence of safrole MDMA, as the market is large at this point and likely to not be very accepting of the loss of production. That said we could also see some deforestation taking place because of it.

I think the thing that kills me most about the time they destroyed literal tons of safrole in SE Asia around 2007, was all the trees that likely died to get that...

-GC

Well my chem suppliers sent petroleum ether instead of ethyl acetate :( so I'm going to have to postpone the ethyl acetate/methanol/water/ammonia test. I did though try acetone/ammonia:

I did it without pencil lines going across at the bottom although I marked out where the front ended. I should say this is still the same sample prep as last time so don't know if it has died somewhat, sitting in DCM. Anyway, it was to test the ammonia. No longer a spot at the start, but a smear in the middle and a big front. I'll try the other system as soon as I receive the ethyl acetate.

It’s exciting to see my Mandelin test theory might actually pan out :) Can’t wait for Indigo to try that newest batch, but don’t rush of course!

-GC

safrole is STILL around, I know I got some. It's around just not as easy to get in the usa... because of this I believe I have meh, safrole to wacker to al/hg, but I did go really crazy with mdma at some point in my life. The batch has been sent out to a friend for future analysis better then EC ;) because I have told him about this thread and analysis ishis thing...

I get get teeth clenching at 150mg thou.... off my friends product.. and my friend was also happy.

That said we could also see some deforestation taking place because of it.
That's a thought G_Chem, if MDMA was legal, if it was actually possible, they would surely have a large, organised re-planting programme.

So the eventual exctinction of the tree will in fact be the direct result of drug policy, and not greedy self concerned pill popping youths, as the picture has been painted beside the cartels of course.

But the governments? No they only tried their best to improve the situation as always.

That's a thought G_Chem, if MDMA was legal, if it was actually possible, they would surely have a large, organised re-planting programme.

So the eventual exctinction of the tree will in fact be the direct result of drug policy, and not greedy self concerned pill popping youths, as the picture has been painted beside the cartels of course.

But the governments? No they only tried their best to improve the situation as always.

NO the new MDMA is synth thru Pieronal... It is rated GMP and qualifies. I talked to maps... No trees needed.
How is medical MDMA synth? precursors and animation?

Our GMP product is made from piperonal and is 99.99% pure

Dr Ben SessaMBBS BSc MRCPsych
Adolescent and Adult Addictions Psychiatrist Psychedelic Researcher, Bristol University and Imperial College London.
www.drsessa.com

Well my chem suppliers sent petroleum ether instead of ethyl acetate :( so I'm going to have to postpone the ethyl acetate/methanol/water/ammonia test. I did though try acetone/ammonia:

View attachment 16443View attachment 16444
I did it without pencil lines going across at the bottom although I marked out where the front ended. I should say this is still the same sample prep as last time so don't know if it has died somewhat, sitting in DCM. Anyway, it was to test the ammonia. No longer a spot at the start, but a smear in the middle and a big front. I'll try the other system as soon as I receive the ethyl acetate.
at least it is moving properly in that solvent system, Have you got a bit of filter paper in the developing jar to make sure the atmosphere is saturated with solvent? the split is because you didn't dot in the same place I can see the 2 marks where you dotted. so what you have is two closely spaced dots running. the drift to the right is probably due to the solvent front not running straight and solvent evaporating off the sides, saturating the atmosphere with a piece of filter paper will help.
It might also be worth drying your plates before you use them, I am guessing they are quite old, heat them in an ordinary oven face up on a tray at 120oC for 30minutes to an hour then allow them to cool before using them.
your chromatography is definitely improving, also try mutiple spots, 1 with 1 dot, the next with 2 dots in the same place then 3 dots leave 1cm between the dots so the loading at each point is greater than the previous dot.

to eliminate one possibility you could do a check, run a plate without any dotting of samples, if there is still a large absorbance on the front then it is either in the solvent or in the plate itself. the test plate can then be used with a sample to save plates if you want.

nice to see some real science for a change!

Last edited:
NO the new MDMA is synth thru Pieronal... It is rated GMP and qualifies. I talked to maps... No trees needed.
How is medical MDMA synth? precursors and animation?

Our GMP product is made from piperonal and is 99.99% pure

Dr Ben SessaMBBS BSc MRCPsych
Adolescent and Adult Addictions Psychiatrist Psychedelic Researcher, Bristol University and Imperial College London.
www.drsessa.com

where do you think piperonal comes from commercially mostly??? sassafras and camphor oil which comes from trees.
This is I think the route Nichols developed for MAPS was fully documented but non GMP, but according to MAPS there was a huge new cost and it is super complex...

"The total cost of one kilogram of MDMA from SPS is approximately $400,000"

someone is making a killing here, but it is unclear whether it is MAPS inflating the costs, or whether it is SPS making a meal out of it. The real question is does MAPS own the contents of the drug master file or equivalent for an IND or do SPS Shasun Sterling or whatever they are currently called own it. If MAPS don't own this info or don't have full rights to it then they have just been taken for a ride, because they can only source GMP material from SPS and no one else ever without going through the whole 400USD per gram game all over again.

there is no danger of sassafras or camphor trees becoming extinct provided law enforcement don't go round burning the trees. There a lot more safrole containing plants in Brazil than South East Asia.

Sorry to interject here, but I'm pretty stoked about what I've found and wanted to share it here to up the hope factor.

I first did MDMA in 2004 in pill form and have since then considered it my favourite drug (I haven't used a great variety of drugs, so that valuation may not mean much).
Unfortunately, around these parts, the quality of pills at that time was already in serious decline. I would estimate that only 30% of pills bought at that time were legit, most of the rest being meth.
By 2009, the quality of pills around here could only be described as complete shite. By 2010, pills had completely disappeared. I haven't seen one since. It's all been sold as powder and it's all been rubbish. In fact, I've avoided it like the plague for at least the last 6 years.

Until last year when a friend of mine gave me a bit of hers at a music festival. Holy shit, wtf is this?! Could it be? It came in powder form and I insufflated a rather small bump (hard to estimate weight, but I might wager it was ~50-75mg of powder). Ten minutes later I started feeling quite.....um....let's call it lovey. The entire experience was very reminiscent of my early MDMA experiences, though, obviously a weak effect, it was quite pleasant in that it couldn't possibly be overwhelming at that dose.

The friend who gave it to me was friends with the guy she got it from so she was able to hook up another friend who lives in western Canada for shipping out there.
That friend has tested it to death with reagents and in vivo and says it's legit. About 8 months ago, the middle man decided to "retire" and hooked up our friend out west with the source. This source told our friend it was made using safrole, whatever that's worth (admittedly not much, anyone can say anything).
My friend is convinced it is.

So, me and him are getting some fairly soon so I'm hoping to test it myself, both with every reagent money can buy but also by dosing a higher dose. Hopefully it's as legit as I remember it and am told it is because I'll be stuck with a rather decent amount of it (that's how the industry works).

I'll report back when I do.

I'm pretty stoked because the lack of proppa MDMA around these parts in the last decade + has been a bit depressing.

where do you think piperonal comes from commercially mostly??? sassafras and camphor oil which comes from trees.
This is I think the route Nichols developed for MAPS was fully documented but non GMP, but according to MAPS there was a huge new cost and it is super complex...

"The total cost of one kilogram of MDMA from SPS is approximately $400,000"

someone is making a killing here, but it is unclear whether it is MAPS inflating the costs, or whether it is SPS making a meal out of it. The real question is does MAPS own the contents of the drug master file or equivalent for an IND or do SPS Shasun Sterling or whatever they are currently called own it. If MAPS don't own this info or don't have full rights to it then they have just been taken for a ride, because they can only source GMP material from SPS and no one else ever without going through the whole 400USD per gram game all over again.

there is no danger of sassafras or camphor trees becoming extinct provided law enforcement don't go round burning the trees. There a lot more safrole containing plants in Brazil than South East Asia.
First it would make no sense to go from safrole to piperional to MDMA.. literately it would make 0 sense, MDA yes... MDMA no

I stay up to date on the LATEST and greatest MDA/MDMA routes some hidden some more present, but most commercial route to Piperional clandestine and wholesale is now made by a new route typically speaking... without safrole... I imagine to QUALIFY for GMP thru SPS It would have to be . this route was patented in the 2000s so it is very old and well documented. The chemistry is sound knowing it is the 3,4 glycol

The present invention is to provide a process for producing piperonal which comprises continuous three steps of:

(A) an addition reaction step wherein 1,2-methylenedioxybenzene and glyoxylic acid are reacted to form 3,4-methylenedioxymandelic acid in the presence of a strong acid,

(B) an extraction step wherein an organic solvent is then added to a reaction mixture and the mixture is neutralized with a base to extract 3,4-methylenedioxymandelic acid in an organic solvent layer, and separating the organic solvent layer and an aqueous layer, and

(C) an oxidation reaction step wherein the aqueous layer is removed and the organic solvent layer is concentrated, and then, nitric acid is added to a concentrate, and the 3,4-methylenedioxymandelic acid and nitric acid are reacted to form piperonal.

Of course I have another route to piperonal But I will not say it here... People who make it from pepper or safrole are retarded considering 1,2-methylenedioxybenzene can be made from catechol cheap a waste product ...
renderTimingPixel.png

Last edited:
My safrole based mdma came in... So I will be doing more tests later with the product..

96-98 % by nmr. ( depends on what the impurity is....it's that little triplet at 3.6)Which btw both look fine and just in case anyone is doubtful, a MALDI giving [M+H]:194.422 Mol.Wt.: 193.246.

My safrole based mdma came in... So I will be doing more tests later with the product..

96-98 % by nmr. ( depends on what the impurity is....it's that little triplet at 3.6)Which btw both look fine and just in case anyone is doubtful, a MALDI giving [M+H]:194.422 Mol.Wt.: 193.246.

Very interested in this, How do you know it was safrole based and have you tried any of this mdma yet?

Eager to hear if safrole alone is enough to give the magic effects.

Very interested in this, How do you know it was safrole based and have you tried any of this mdma yet?

Eager to hear if safrole alone is enough to give the magic effects.

Safrole sourced myself, sent a LARGE sample to a friend with NMR and confirmed sassy.. Sent 4oz to someone else to make via benz wacker because he had the stuff besides safrole around...

read my post above ... safrole is STILL around, I know I got some. It's around just not as easy to get in the usa ... because of this I believe I have meh, safrole to wacker to al/hg, but I did go really crazy with mdma at some point in my life. The batch has been sent out to a friend for future analysis better then EC ;) because I have told him about this thread and analysis this thing...

I did get teeth clenching at 150mg thou.... off my friends product..

more tests will be done as I have plently of oil and a few grams left.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.