• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

What is wrong with the MDMA available today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's due to destructive interference being broadcast by the government and specific to MDxx.

So, @Kvitamine, you and @RyybsNarcs took the exact same pills and had two opposite experiences? If that is the case, I think this will be the first time in the last 260 pages two people have taken the same product and reported wide variation in the results.

1. Do either of you take any prescription meds or supplements?
2. Did either of you take anything (vitamins etc.) before the roll to pre-load?
3. When did each of you eat before the roll? What did you eat?
4. What was your mood prior to consuming?
5. Did either of you chew the pill, dissolve it, or otherwise alter it prior to swallowing?
6. Weight for each of you?
7. Were you both together in the same place when you rolled?

Possible explanations:
@RyybsNarcs has "lost the magic" but @Kvitamine has not
Expectation/suggestion caused two different experiences
Pills are unevenly mixed/packed, and pills are not exactly the same with the same mg dosage
Uneven contaminants in the pills

Yes, we took exact same pills and rolled together, and have been rolling together since the first time. I have always noticed that @Kvitamine had lower tolerance to MDMA, or higher tolerance to byproducts that mute the experience. Also the 2C-B was from the same batch as well as the LSD day before roll. So we both did all the drugs same way and from same batches.

1. Do either of you take any prescription meds or supplements? Both of us have taken NAC before
2. Did either of you take anything (vitamins etc.) before the roll to pre-load? Both of us took the Vitaplur e-gum and Tums before roll. K-Vitamine took also some magnesium and Vitamine C.
3. When did each of you eat before the roll? What did you eat? I had pretty much empty stomach, Kvitamine had huge munchies before the roll and ate like crazy.
4. What was your mood prior to consuming? We were at summer cottage having fun with our friends so mood was great for both of us
5. Did either of you chew the pill, dissolve it, or otherwise alter it prior to swallowing? Kvitamine just chewed about half of a pill for a start, I crushed the pill for my initial dose.
6. Weight for each of you? I weight about 70kg, Kvitamine about 85kg
7. Were you both together in the same place when you rolled? Yes

Last edited:
261 pages of discussion completely destroyed in just two posts.

Now what..? :\

This is why I gave up lol.

There’s too many factors to ever make sense of it all IMO. While I do believe in good/magic MDMA and bad/meh MDMA, it’s far from cut and dry as that being it.

For instance with these last two posters... They both started at the same time but..

1. What if one uses a lot more than the other?
2. What if one exercises or eats a better diet?
3. What if one consumes antioxidants and the other doesn’t?
4. What other drugs do both these users take/have taken which can alter the experience?
5. What is the spread on those pills, maybe one was 50-100mg more than the other?
6. What did they both consume that night? Did one guy eat a monster pizza to himself and the other fasted?
7. What was the mental state? Was one guy fresh into a relationship and the other guy just got dumped?

The list could go on and on, and sure maybe 1 or 2 of these factors alone wouldnt mean much but you can see how these factors compounded could really mess things up.

In my opinion there’s 3 BROAD categories of MDMA...

True magic MDMA, product which gets 90% of the population the way they want.

Middle Ground MDMA, product which appeases 50% of the population or so.

And meh MDMA, which likely only gets 10-20% of the population to the place of magic MDMA.

Most of the product out there is middle ground or meh it seems.

-GC

I already apogalize for my bad english, but here is some background story. I have tried MDMA 5 times in 2 years before this roll with doses 100mg-200mg so I havent abused it. I've had 1 great and 1ok and 3 meh experiences before this and never had confirmed "Magic mdma" but I am very interested about this thread and want to tell my experience with those red-yellow pirelli's. I consumed those pills with ryybsnarcs and few other friends. I took little bit over half pill for initial dose and rest after 1.5hour mark. Comeup was really, really smooth, everything was so calm, peaceful and I felt so clean for all the time, euphoria, music appreciation, music felt and sound so wonderful, sharp and alive. Tactile enchantment and empathy, i never felt so much empathy from previous rolls, it was so real, so natural empathy and love. It felt like I was in some kind of love story for a whole roll. When I held hands with my friend, it felt like we had some kind of spiritual bond. everything felt incredible.(vicks inhalers smell so wonderfull) I literally was rolling my eyes back of my skull for whole peak :D I would say that it was magical experience and i want to quote shulgin "i am complete" . But why would I have so great experience from same pills that ryybsnarcs had? I really cant even imagine how roll would be any better than this was. 2 days after roll i felt drained, and tired. But after those 2 days, I had nice afterglow for almost a week. I know you guys are much more experienced than me, so was my experience really "magic"? because i really think so

The two pills were different. No question about it. I’m on my phone so I apologize for not reading the entire story but were some of the pills red and some yellow or were they just reddish/yellow?

I think the two factors here at play is that one person had a large meal before the roll which is a no no of absorption/effects. The other is crushing/chewing the pills. Strictly just swallowing hard presses take longer to come up and in my experience make the roll longer and smoother.

Well I'm going throw my utter guess behind: these pill pressers aren't the producers of the basic content. They just buy, dye and press. So you could hit one from the same 'batch' that has magicdma in it. But without a decent lab analysis who knows. If it were simply a matter of having a large meal, or chewing, then people who are only sourcing meh nowadays would have found magic accidentally now and then depending on timing and crystal vs pills. At least that's my thoughts.

I think the two factors here at play is that one person had a large meal before the roll which is a no no of absorption/effects. The other is crushing/chewing the pills. Strictly just swallowing hard presses take longer to come up and in my experience make the roll longer and smoother.

Except that @Kvitamine , who had the "magic" effects, is the one that ate a huge meal beforehand. If this was the differentiating factor, that would mean some interesting things.

Well I'm going throw my utter guess behind: these pill pressers aren't the producers of the basic content. They just buy, dye and press. So you could hit one from the same 'batch' that has magicdma in it. But without a decent lab analysis who knows.

Not an unreasonable hypothesis.

I also do not want to say too much but just today I found a very serious site via trustpilot.....

JJ

I also do not want to say too much but just today I found a very serious site via trustpilot.....

JJ
There's a zero percent chance that a legitimate MDMA vendor will be on trust pilot (unless they've started allowing reviews for DNMs).

I didn''t even know what Trustpilot was. Had to look it up. :unsure: Additional info about how to find this interesting site would help.

To me, what makes the most sense is that the pills are just not made in a consistent manner from pill to pill. You can see this on Drugs Data with some of the results that come in from Europe. You will see the same press, but with different dosages.

Example 1:
https://www.drugsdata.org/view.php?id=8674 - 9.7 mg of 2CB
https://www.drugsdata.org/view.php?id=8673 - 12.6 mg 2CB

Example 2:
Here are two MDMA pills from the same day/location
https://www.drugsdata.org/view.php?id=8592 - 259 mg
https://www.drugsdata.org/view.php?id=8591 - 238 mg

If the MDMA crystal is not made well to begin with, it could be inconsistent in effects. Then you take that crystal and make pills and the dosage is different in each pill, maybe with different contaminants present.

That makes the most sense to me.

Pressed pills and uncertain dosages, name a more iconic duo. This is why I'm quite skeptical of "we could roll for 6 hours on 70mg back in the day" reports. I've been looking through the old pillreports.com archive, on a few of the captures you can actually see more of the listed reports (if not all of the comments for each pill). The European results are more useful for this, since sometimes they have proper lab results of the pill dosages. When you match the dosages with the reports, people seemed to react to MDMA more or less the same back then.

Lower doses lack some of the effects.
https://web.archive.org/web/20020901203725/http://www.pillreports.com/showreport.php3?archive=yes&area=2&bywhat=&numres=30&order=DESC&resultcount=3429&searchfor=&sortby=date&startat=2130&sub=-1&substance= said:
Pacha
White

Color: White
Shape: Round
Logo: Pacha logo
15-Nov-2001SpainbombjGood rush, quiet and chatty. Not much love to share with those ;)

EZ Test Result: EC tested: 72 mg. MDMA
Higher doses give what you expect.
https://web.archive.org/web/20040820192013/http://www.pillreports.com/viewpill.php3?sub=-1&area=2&id=43307 said:
Date Submitted27-Jul-2004
Submitted ByJulez
*#$!
Name:peace
Area:Amsterdam
Color:pink
Logo:peace
Shape:round
Rating:9
Comments:Super Pill : after 30 min. hits in hard.
Peaks for 5 hours.
Gives te loving feeling.
and best: next day no hang-over and others day-after symptomes.
EZ Test Result:Tested in the Lab for : 120 mg MDMA

Shoutout to the discussion in the comments for that one
posted 29-Jul-2004 by mr_goody
Why do so many people refer to a good pill as a spacey pill?
The best XTC I've had was pure energy and wonderful physical and mental feelings.
I love the old school E, it was great.
Unfortunately, the last pill I took (over a year ago)was horrible. The pill (or powder)gave a sort of drunk spacey feeling.I couldn't wait for it to end. It was not a social feeling.Is that what people like to party with nowadays?

posted 04-Aug-2004 by tom1
MR GOODY.
you are right, E should be about energy love and openness.
WHER HAS THIS FEELING GONE??
Does "old skool" E stil exist?
Why is the only feelings given from it now crappy spacey confusion?
And why do people still take this?
BRING BACK THAT FEELING

@Negi Good find. Awesome to be able to actually see the mg doses with the comments.

2004/2005 is around the time I encountered MehDMA for the first time. For me, prob closer to 2005.

These comments beg the same question as the last 261 pages. Does the MDMA experience fundamentally change for the individual after crossing some unknown thresh-hold of use, or did something significantly change about MDMA?

There are a lot of things that don't make sense about either interpretation. If it is "loss of magic" then why do new users report the same issues? You would think if that was the case that new users would consistently feel magic, and long-time users would consistently not feel magic. Why do people who have issues with Meh-DMA roll fine on some batches/pills?

Also, this seems to reinforce that 120 mg SHOULD produce the expected effects, and the old pills were not blasting people with 200 mg starting doses.

The answer is probably quite complex, as @G_Chem has said. It may be that there is a new contaminant and some people have a genetic mutation or similar issue that alters how they process it.

The main thing is that it seems they've run outta safrole (i think that's what its called) and now other precursors are being used to make the mdma theres still some real good shit out there though

For some people 75mg will be enough but others need 150-200mg to feel the same

I'd love for one of these to better define what people are talking about by "spacey/spacing". It shows up a few times on reports like these (unfortunately the pill pages with the full report and comments weren't archived):

https://web.archive.org/web/20040810014355/http://www.pillreports.com/showreport.php3?order=ASC&searchlocation=&sub=-1&area=2&sortby=date&startat=60&numres=30&searchfor=&bywhat=&substance=&archive=&resultcount=535 said:
43059 Ufo
white creamy

Color: white creamy
Shape: round (9x2,5mm)
Logo: bol
14-Jul-2004NetherlandsC@NDYMANI had these before a while ago and they where VERY space... a girlfriend who's tested these said the.....

EZ Test Result: labtest: 79mg MDMA
43058 Mitsubishi
white with grey specks

Color: white with grey specks
Shape: round (9x3mm)
Logo: mitsu logo
14-Jul-2004NetherlandsC@NDYMANjust MDMA, not a high dose or so but a normal one.. this one comes up and down while spacing.. I gue..... more

There are 3 user comment(s)

EZ Test Result: labtest: 57mg MDMA

It's interesting that the the effect was attributed to lower dosed pills.

the old pills were not blasting people with 200 mg starting doses.

They are rare but higher doses do pop up every now and then.

mercedes
pink

Color: pink
Shape: round 9x4mm
Logo: mercedes star
02-Jun-2004NetherlandsanjinClean buzz, lots of energy. No hangover. Very nice pills more

There are 12 user comment(s)

EZ Test Result: Labtested 170 mg MDMA
Date Submitted28-Jul-2003
Submitted Bymicrodot
*#$!
Name:Diamond
Area:Skåne
Color:Yellow
Logo:Diamond
Shape:Round
Rating:10
Comments:I took 1 pill and it kicked in after 30 min and lasted for 5h. VERY strong kick. Labtested in Holland
EZ Test Result:156 mg MDMA labtested further clean
Pill Consumed:Yes the pill was eaten
Date Submitted13-Oct-2003
Submitted ByXTC-love
*#$!
Name:dubbele blauwe smilies
Area:doetinchem
Color:blue
Logo:smilie
Shape:round
Rating:9
Comments:These pills ar lab tested 180mg MDMA they are active in 1 hour and during 3 to 4 hours.
EZ Test Result:180mg MDMA

Hmmm.

I think the highest dose of crystal I have ever tried was about 155 mg. If the MDMA is only about 80% pure, the actual dose would be lower than that. Maybe I should just take 200 mg and see what happens.

If the MDMA is only about 80% pure, the actual dose would be lower than that.
I wouldn't worry about or account for possible purity unless someone has done an acetone wash or some other method of determining it. The "84% max purity" meme is based on a misunderstanding and doesn't matter in the real world.

I managed to track down a report that went into more detail about the "spacey feeling".
https://web.archive.org/web/20040105012742/http://www.pillreports.com/viewpill.php3?id=38160 said:
Date Submitted26-Nov-2003
Submitted Byrockheaded_pillmuncher
*#$!
Name:Lacoste
Area:Manchester
Color:White
Logo:Crocodile
Shape:Round
Rating:6
Comments:Took about 30-45 mins to start effecting. Spaced out, dizzy feeling for an hour before reaching a fairly happy peak. Lasted for around four hours with a happy coming down period. Physical effects: Hugely dilated pupils, small amount of jaw tension though not problematic. Seems like a fairly weak dose of MDMA, experienced users would probably need two to come up properly.

A comment:

posted 01-Dec-2003 by MisterWize
Also had these pills in the Manchester area and fully agree with your comments. They are a bit on the weak side and definitely need to duble drop if you have some tolerance.

I just hope some decent ones appear soon in time for Christmas. If there's one thing I hate about Christmas, its shite pills that inevitably turn up every year!
So the "spacey feeling" certainly seems to be linked to lower dosages and possibly tolerance.

Status
Not open for further replies.