• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

What is wrong with the MDMA available today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that I'm against the stereoisomer theory and trying to disprove you simply because I believe otherwise, but IME Meh comes up just as quick as Magic, it just doesn't lead anywhere - as, I think, FUBAR always says.

I had a close friend self synth safrole batch via a wacker then AL/HG... which would pretty much disprove stereoisomer theory . unlike the PMK glyciate which is possible

@vecktor I put in some filter paper, tried a control (no sample, acetone/ammonia system, non-baked plate) and then tried a sample on a baked plate (120 oC 45 mins), same system. Results attached, raw and processed images for both.

It was colder today where I was doing it and the system and samples were retained from last time so I can't guarantee they aren't rubbish by now. Tomorrow I'll try again, perhaps with a new sample, but definitely with the other system as I now have the ethyl acetate

Sample 4 - Green first (quick) then black. Smoking but almost no bubbling.

Update to my previously posted Mandelin results. I obtained a further purified version of sample 4. Was told that it had gone through an acetone wash and was recrystallized. So, theoretically, it should be the same product as sample 4, but just cleaner. Visually, this sample is quite gorgeous. It looks like table salt. Very small, shiny, reflective crystals. Not powder, but the crystals are light and almost fluffy. Never seen product like this. The original version (sample 4) is also quite fluffy, but a bit more yellow in color. This stuff is white/clear.

So, interestingly, the mandelin result was different.

No green on this one, and straight to black with no smoke and only minimal bubbling.

Assuming that the supplier is not lying, this leads me to think that the green/smoking has to be from something that was washed or cleaned through the acetone wash and recrystallization process.

So, this leaves me wondering which one I should take. Do I take the unwashed, less pure product that has the green/smoking mandlin result, or do I take the product that is ultra purified? Also, I only have the $ right now to send one off to international energy control. Which one?

On the marquis test, this purified sample turned very dark purple. The purple reaction was absolutely obvious. It did not go straight to black. Even after it sat for awhile, it was a deep, dark purple.

Sorry to interject here, but I'm pretty stoked about what I've found and wanted to share it here to up the hope factor.

I first did MDMA in 2004 in pill form and have since then considered it my favourite drug (I haven't used a great variety of drugs, so that valuation may not mean much).
Unfortunately, around these parts, the quality of pills at that time was already in serious decline. I would estimate that only 30% of pills bought at that time were legit, most of the rest being meth.
By 2009, the quality of pills around here could only be described as complete shite. By 2010, pills had completely disappeared. I haven't seen one since. It's all been sold as powder and it's all been rubbish. In fact, I've avoided it like the plague for at least the last 6 years.

Until last year when a friend of mine gave me a bit of hers at a music festival. Holy shit, wtf is this?! Could it be? It came in powder form and I insufflated a rather small bump (hard to estimate weight, but I might wager it was ~50-75mg of powder). Ten minutes later I started feeling quite.....um....let's call it lovey. The entire experience was very reminiscent of my early MDMA experiences, though, obviously a weak effect, it was quite pleasant in that it couldn't possibly be overwhelming at that dose.

The friend who gave it to me was friends with the guy she got it from so she was able to hook up another friend who lives in western Canada for shipping out there.
That friend has tested it to death with reagents and in vivo and says it's legit. About 8 months ago, the middle man decided to "retire" and hooked up our friend out west with the source. This source told our friend it was made using safrole, whatever that's worth (admittedly not much, anyone can say anything).
My friend is convinced it is.

So, me and him are getting some fairly soon so I'm hoping to test it myself, both with every reagent money can buy but also by dosing a higher dose. Hopefully it's as legit as I remember it and am told it is because I'll be stuck with a rather decent amount of it (that's how the industry works).

I'll report back when I do.

I'm pretty stoked because the lack of proppa MDMA around these parts in the last decade + has been a bit depressing.

Let me know when you get some. I have access to two labs and can get you FTIR reads.

So is there really no saffrole MDMA around anymore? I was excited to hear there is good pills coming back in the last couple of years but it sucks to hear these reports.
I wanted to try MDMA for the longest time and thought I'd finally have a chance.

I assume saffrole would be easy to get if you went overseas to Indonesia or whatever.
How hard is it to synth if you only have basic chemistry knowledge? Just a small batch.

Yes that's how much I want to try real MDMA. I'd literally travel to another country to get saffrole and try to synthesise it or find someone who knows how.

there heaps of magic mdma around safrole is not the only magic stuff. I personally know most my magic mdma is always pmk based.

So is there really no saffrole MDMA around anymore? I was excited to hear there is good pills coming back in the last couple of years but it sucks to hear these reports.
I wanted to try MDMA for the longest time and thought I'd finally have a chance.

I assume saffrole would be easy to get if you went overseas to Indonesia or whatever.
How hard is it to synth if you only have basic chemistry knowledge? Just a small batch.

Yes that's how much I want to try real MDMA. I'd literally travel to another country to get saffrole and try to synthesise it or find someone who knows how.
There is safrole based MDMA.. just harder to get...

Ok cool. Will look around the onion fields.

there heaps of magic mdma around safrole is not the only magic stuff. I personally know most my magic mdma is always pmk based.
I thought pmk-based is the one everyone's saying isn't as good? Or is it not certain yet?

Maybe I'll read more of this thread.

Update to my previously posted Mandelin results. I obtained a further purified version of sample 4. Was told that it had gone through an acetone wash and was recrystallized. So, theoretically, it should be the same product as sample 4, but just cleaner. Visually, this sample is quite gorgeous. It looks like table salt. Very small, shiny, reflective crystals. Not powder, but the crystals are light and almost fluffy. Never seen product like this. The original version (sample 4) is also quite fluffy, but a bit more yellow in color. This stuff is white/clear.

So, interestingly, the mandelin result was different.

No green on this one, and straight to black with no smoke and only minimal bubbling.

Assuming that the supplier is not lying, this leads me to think that the green/smoking has to be from something that was washed or cleaned through the acetone wash and recrystallization process.

So, this leaves me wondering which one I should take. Do I take the unwashed, less pure product that has the green/smoking mandlin result, or do I take the product that is ultra purified? Also, I only have the $ right now to send one off to international energy control. Which one?

On the marquis test, this purified sample turned very dark purple. The purple reaction was absolutely obvious. It did not go straight to black. Even after it sat for awhile, it was a deep, dark purple.

No I thought it was something washed out as well... But remember maps MDMA is 99.99% and has been made with safrole and piperonal... I know the maps stuff has went thru a column

Ok cool. Will look around the onion fields.

I thought pmk-based is the one everyone's saying isn't as good? Or is it not certain yet?

Maybe I'll read more of this thread.

It's not that simple re: saffrole vs pmk based product. Both can be good, and both can be good - at least, that's what it seems like from our research here.

Be very wary of product from the darknet, most of it is shit.

Theres safrole in the USA soo it's just all who has access and willing to buy it. I found a source with no restrictions but you gotta play a little hardball to find it ;)

It's not that simple re: saffrole vs pmk based product. Both can be good, and both can be good - at least, that's what it seems like from our research here.

I assume you mean "Both can be good, and both can be bad", good to point this out though, as far as we know there is no actual evidence that non-saffrole MDMA is the problem when in theory it should all be the same. We definitely need to avoid romanticizing safrole as the original, plant-based precursor. I see this a lot around the internet, I understand it and I feel the same inclination, but there isn't much to really back it up

DNM is shit? I'd assume most street dealers get their product from the DNM. Unless you know a clandestine chemist, I feel DNM (OG vendor with a good track record) is the best way to source quality MDMA. Curious to get your thoughts on why you feel DNM MDMA is shit.

No I thought it was something washed out as well... But remember maps MDMA is 99.99% and has been made with safrole and piperonal... I know the maps stuff has went thru a column
really? show me where MAPS or Onyx or SPS have said this.

Looking at it properly there is no reason for MAPS to pursue >99.95% purity and actually 99.5% is pretty standard for pharmaceuticals of this class. So the 99.99% is drug dealer bullshit, and lets make no mistake MAPS are proposing to be the monopoly dealer of GMP MDMA.

the daily dose is less than 200mg so even the FDA recommended reporting levels would mean only things with a concentration of over 0.05% have to be reported but don't have to be identified, only things with an individual concentration over 0.1% have to be identified and only things with an individual concentration of greater than 0.15% have to be identified qualified and have set limits.

Distillation of the freebase followed by repeated recrystalization of the salt was the process done by Nichols, and the assay was considerably better than 99.6% with no significant impurities. The Swiss did something similar to get a similar purity

MAPS have shown themselves to be pretty naive in all of this, but having a GMP process that requires chromatography and over specifies the purity without justification is really really dumb or devious depending on what you think.

DNM is shit? I'd assume most street dealers get their product from the DNM. Unless you know a clandestine chemist, I feel DNM (OG vendor with a good track record) is the best way to source quality MDMA. Curious to get your thoughts on why you feel DNM MDMA is shit.
the people getting DNM stuff are usually dumb af teeenagers or socially inept people with no real life connections. The highest quality of drugs is not on the DN and will never be because smart people dont fuckwit that traceable shit where the DEA will be at your door within a few years. Older folk who have been in this game longer than those teens have been alive get it through international gangs who would cut your balls off and feed it to you before beheading you if you fucked with them aka the triads the russians and other european mafias who run major smuggling networks. Most people if they aint buying by the ounce will get be getting the super trash product that gets moved onto those obxnious kids who are just free money for proper dealers

Nope. Most the DNM product is likely Dutch superlab MehDMA, the majority of the amount that's not being MehDMA from other sources, and then the small leftover good.

At least one poster in this thread has been trying to track down MagicDMA on DNMs for a while and has had great difficulties finding good stuff.

Very interesting Indigo... It is entirely possible the green coloration is related to impurities being washed away but my guess is the supplier has a batch or supplier of his own with cleaner looking crystal and most suppliers (well everyone) think that clearer crystals mean an acetone wash was performed. Not sure he was the one to do it.

I say this because many of the samples are very pure which still test with the green coloration. Idk if it’s related to purity/acetone washing but could be..

I’d personally wait 3 months from your last roll then try the supposed “unwashed” batch, I’ve got a good feeling about it too.

Also completely agree with TripSit, I get amazing product none of which has ever been sourced through DNM. For me though it’s a community of people that seem to enjoy good product coupled with a discerning eye (and not to mention reagent testing on the spot.)

It’s also where you live.. It just seems like certain areas stay well stocked even in times of drought. I grew up in the birthplace of the house/techno music where droughts aren’t easily accepted.

I’m sure there’s decent DNM product but it’s not going to be easy to find. I think I’ve had of DNM a few times and it was always small batches of locally sourced product, not imported.

-GC

Status
Not open for further replies.