• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

What is wrong with the MDMA available today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question regarding smell.

I have a new sample. It tests as MDXX with Marquis, Mecke, Simons, and Froehde. I do not currently have a Mandelin test, but I am ordering one.

Nothing remarkable about the Simons, Mecke, Froehde response. However, the Marquis response was distinctly purple first. Very purple before it went back. Plenty of time to see the purple before it changed to black. The end result was dark black.

The appearance of this sample is like a very, very fine sand. Wish I had a microscope. It is fluffy. I have seen a lot of MDA and MDMA powder/crystal, but I have never seen anything quite like this. Delicate would be a good word to describe it. Remember that sand that was around in the 90s that all stuck together and you could shape it into things? It kind of reminds me of that. It is basically white, with a minimal light yellow tint.

Now, the smell. It really smells. I smelled it before I opened the baggie. It was like getting punched in the face by the 00s. LOL. But, I have been trying to place whether it is exactly the same smell, or a bit different. This really smells like root beer. I remember someone else mentioning a root beer smell that was different than the standard sass smell. I have not smelled a strong smelling product since 2005, so, my memory is a bit rusty. I could imagine how someone might add sarsaparilla extract or something to their product to create a smell like this. Any comments from people who have smelled high quality, sassy MDMA recently?

I have a new sample. It tests as MDXX with Marquis, Mecke, Simons, and Froehde. I do not currently have a Mandelin test, but I am ordering one.

Nothing remarkable about the Simons, Mecke, Froehde response. However, the Marquis response was distinctly purple first. Very purple before it went back. Plenty of time to see the purple before it changed to black. The end result was dark black.

The appearance of this sample is like a very, very fine sand. Wish I had a microscope. It is fluffy. I have seen a lot of MDA and MDMA powder/crystal, but I have never seen anything quite like this. Delicate would be a good word to describe it. Remember that sand that was around in the 90s that all stuck together and you could shape it into things? It kind of reminds me of that. It is basically white, with a minimal light yellow tint.

Now, the smell. It really smells. I smelled it before I opened the baggie. It was like getting punched in the face by the 00s. LOL. But, I have been trying to place whether it is exactly the same smell, or a bit different. This really smells like root beer. I remember someone else mentioning a root beer smell that was different than the standard sass smell. I have not smelled a strong smelling product since 2005, so, my memory is a bit rusty. I could imagine how someone might add sarsaparilla extract or something to their product to create a smell like this. Any comments from people who have smelled high quality, sassy MDMA recently?
I have seen similar product like this last year a high quality off/white fluffy powder. This usually indicates it was made on a small scale by somebody with chemistry experince and proper glassware. If it was anything like the stuff i tried of it. It should be very very nice and amazing.

<-- clearing throat.

Real mdma is out there and exists, im back from one hell of a weekend. Keep up the good fight. I had real mdma. It was wonderful.

Its a good feelin! I'll never forget when my friend just from the look on my face goes "BITCH I TOLD YOU SO!" after years of me pushing back against his stance that "some shit is way danker im telling you"

When was the last time you had the crumby stuff before this?

basically white, with a minimal light yellow tint, so like tan or ? your description sort of sounds like the dutch stuff I've seen and stuff I had in the early-mid 2010's when markets became a thing

After the crappy stuff that had the incredibly sassy smell I've personally thrown that out as an indicator of anything other than, yes it is MDMA, but of what quality? it tells us nothing other than whats realistically an impurity I think the smell thing was more useful when MDMA wasn't so plentiful and people were using small cuts to fool tests, or these days if you have not even reagents to go off of.

different batches def smell different, but i don't smell enough mdma regularly to keep any sort of smell profiles in my head lol, its more like a "yep thats a molly", i swear some are saltier smelling, more on the stinky side? Also a lot of MDMA smelled almost like certain shampoos, sassy in a good way

For the reagent test results, if anyone have multiple samples, could probably do some decently-controlled experiments, like do 10 reagent tests of each sample and see if the difference in reaction are consistent over multiple trials. I imagine reactions are influenced by just a tiny different in reagent amount used and amount of product tested.

I have seen similar product like this last year a high quality off/white fluffy powder. This usually indicates it was made on a small scale by somebody with chemistry experince and proper glassware. If it was anything like the stuff i tried of it. It should be very very nice and amazing.

Did yours have any odor?

The stuff I had in that was really, really good in august was again, white and scentless, slightly cloudy in large chunks but for the most part transparent, looking into it afterwards I was able to confirm it was indeed small scale. Consistent effects and physical profile as the magic stuff from a year previous, no idea if they came from the same place

I didn't smell it so i dont know. But i other magic mdma i have done was scentless and more trash crystals i have done but still retains some good qualities so not absolutely meh had a more licorice smell and a yellowish colour. My presses i have done never had a noticeable smell. I had always stored my stash with weed so all my drugs just smelt like weed usually.

OOOOOOOO this sounds heavenly. Good mdma in my experience generally has a "smack you in the face" smell of black licorice/root. Root beer is another term ive heard, and i get why one may call it that. You are probably holding something decent. Try the mandelin theory asap. I will say this though, the last md i took only had a faint smell of licorice, and i wasnt impressed by its smell at all, and had low hopes. Still smacked me, still felt good. Nice roll.

Its a good feelin! I'll never forget when my friend just from the look on my face goes "BITCH I TOLD YOU SO!" after years of me pushing back against his stance that "some shit is way danker im telling you"

When was the last time you had the crumby stuff before this?

Bout 4 months prior, but its not a good/accurate test as i took 125 of some brown mdma that seemed pretty damn good, and then 30 more of what i think is for sure "mehdma" which then kicked in a standard "meh dma" roll. Hard to say if that 30 ruined the brown or not. Just not a good enough test to really say from an experience stand point.

@epic11 The mandelin test is on the way. Once I have it, I will compare all the samples I have.

This product is a product that has not yet gone through an acetone wash. I was told that the washed/re-crystalized version of the same product has no smell. Hoping to see/compare both.

I will report on the mandelin reactions for all my samples.

@epic11 The mandelin test is on the way. Once I have it, I will compare all the samples I have.

This product is a product that has not yet gone through an acetone wash. I was told that the washed/re-crystalized version of the same product has no smell. Hoping to see/compare both.

I will report on the mandelin reactions for all my samples.
Thanks! Yea my mandelin did a flash of green before changing. It was super quick, but it smoked the whole time. That was the recent batch i took and boy it was good. :)

trickortreat19 <-- use this code at checkout from dancesafe for 15% off! Good timing. Just wanted to drop the code here for the "what is wrong" crew.

Great to see this thread is still coming along well,

Has there been a general consensus on the thread topic and whether or not something has changed.

Last time I was active in this thread there was a discussion regarding the different isomers of mdma and how they can shift how the experience feels. A few theories were in discussion and some others were that people have simply lost the magic because mdma is just mdma at the end of the day and another interesting one was that the precursors have changed.

I'm personally in favour of the isomer ratios and the precursors used in the synthesis masking the real magic.

MDMA is no longer being mass produced with safrole since the treaty ban around a decade ago.

Would be interested to see where everyone's current thoughts are because I tried some mdma recently after not taking any for a few years and it was almost similar to what I was getting in the early 2000's. Definitely a lot better than what was circulating 2012-2015.

They have strategically eliminated the best supplies for manufacturing most drugs and consequently they have all suffered in quality. Namely MDMA and Meth.

They have strategically eliminated the best supplies for manufacturing most drugs and consequently they have all suffered in quality. Namely MDMA and Meth.

So still much of the same discussion then by the sound of it.

There was a reason why I hadn't bothered in years to roll.

Another thing I should probably bring to attention is years ago the after effects/hangover effects of an mdma experience felt completely different.

Now when I'm scattered it's not the same feeling as I used to remember.

So still much of the same discussion then by the sound of it.

There was a reason why I hadn't bothered in years to roll.

Another thing I should probably bring to attention is years ago the after effects/hangover effects of an mdma experience felt completely different.

Now when I'm scattered it's not the same feeling as I used to remember.
I agree, I recall a life changing aura the next day that was amplified greatly by cannabis, truly irreplaceable. These kids dont know true Shulgin MDMA, sassafras.

I agree, I recall a life changing aura the next day that was amplified greatly by cannabis, truly irreplaceable. These kids dont know true Shulgin MDMA, sassafras.

This speaks to me deeply.

The only way I cam describe mdma these days is mongy and if I had to rate the mdma I remember years ago on a scale from 1-10 in terms of physiological and psycological effects it'd be a 10/10.

These days I'd give the mdma a 4-5 at most. The hangover just makes me never want to return again.

Even smoking cannabis on oldschool mdma felt different. It would always heighten the experience but now it just turns me into a forgetful etard that can't remember what I was talking about a few words into a conversation.

No blissful feelings like I used to get. I miss the way oldschool mdma used to make me feel.

Euphoric, Empathetic, Horny.. I could talk about it all day but I'll just disappoint myself.

If there's 1 thing I wish about drugs it's that mdma never changed.

This speaks to me deeply.

The only way I cam describe mdma these days is mongy and if I had to rate the mdma I remember years ago on a scale from 1-10 in terms of physiological and psycological effects it'd be a 10/10.

These days I'd give the mdma a 4-5 at most. The hangover just makes me never want to return again.

Even smoking cannabis on oldschool mdma felt different. It would always heighten the experience but now it just turns me into a forgetful etard that can't remember what I was talking about a few words into a conversation.

No blissful feelings like I used to get. I miss the way oldschool mdma used to make me feel.

Euphoric, Empathetic, Horny.. I could talk about it all day but I'll just disappoint myself.

If there's 1 thing I wish about drugs it's that mdma never changed.
It is sad but I feel lucky to have had the gripping experiences I did with many amazing souls.... up all night in each others mind and body, reaching for the stars in pure ecstasy, never wanting to come down. The Blue Dolphins, Pink Hearts, the Dolce and Gabanas while stuck in a pool. So many great memories. At least we had that, you know?

Here is an answer from someone in the drug testing world, who I posed the main question of this thread to, and who has overseen thousands of tests and spoken to thousands of MDMA users:

I can't give a definite answer regarding "good and bad" MDMA. I assume that it is not depending on substance in most cases, but more on set and setting. We think that the MDMA available today is always racemic and that the less and the more potent isomer don't really appear on the black market. Would that be the case, I think we would hear now and then that some pills or crystals would be stronger or less strong, or at least be different than "normal" (similar to Ketamine or Amphetamine, where we have such questions now and then). Regarding MDMA specifically, users usually now quite precisely know the effects of 100mg. Should there really be different kinds of MDMA going around (or different isomers), I think we'd heard that from the users at least now and then. I have been working in the field for many years, and this has never been a topic. MDMA-related substances like MDA, MDEA etc. do appear now and then, but we always spot them as such.

Status
Not open for further replies.