• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

What is wrong with the MDMA available today? - v2

For me, dextroamphetamine taken with MDMA tends to be heavily dex-amp-driven and it fucks up what would've otherwise been a perfect roll. The same is true of cocaine. Just wait until after the rolls and psychedelics are over. I think it has to do with their serotonergic activity interfering with MDMA's unique action.
AFAIK Coke binds to SERT kicking off the MDMA and quickly altering the way it affects you.

AFAIK Coke binds to SERT kicking off the MDMA and quickly altering the way it affects you.
Yep, that matches consistent experience and was very well recognised and understood.

I was never a big coke user. Others were into it.

I appreciated the inclusion of cocaine throughout long nights on exstacy at times.

It was only like a fade out until the coke wore off.

Not like somebody coming up on acid, smoking crack and the trip being effectively nullified.

Not to just pick up again in 2 hours when crack wears off.

Portrayed as a very short buzz, I found crack's effects when it was high quality, were like still being really stoned from it all evening.

Not 15 minutes pleasure, then nothing, exactly reverted, or miserable.

I never took crack on acid. Rarelt on ecstasy. Coke on exstacy (my bloody tablet with it's offers of prediction, which I noy keep enabled for smoother keyboard function, knows how to soell exstacy.

It's not actually an easy word to type.

Easy is easy lol. I just did it 3 times.

I cut my index finger tip last night so it hurts to type. I'm also a tad dyslexic with visual focus strain from an Optic nerve injury and a lot more.

So I'm trying not to hurt my finger it's only a sting.

Test now, I'll try again. Every time I trype exs... I am accustomed to seeng the word exstacy...it's there!

The A.I. predictive text deleted ecstasy from it's system. It's back now. Took about 3 reinforcements.

I'm so used now to never actually spellng exstacy as try it, it's like that game where you put contort your body over those matts to place hands and feet on various spots.

Exstacy is a word I have learnt to avoid typing if I have the choice.

So much that then, when it didn't pop up, brain not yet on gear, my mild dyslexia had me teching myself how to keyboard in e c s t a c y.

Right bloody run around have now realised.

So coke never ruined my MDMA high.

I wouldn't take it it would have, but I made sure to be full enough of MDMA and dose both sides of coke.

Still, repeated lines of coke would just mute the headspace and flatten the experience.

A line here and there was okay.

What you think about this photo ? link
One is black MDMA and the other is champagne.
The champagne has no to extremely little smell while the black actually has a nice classic MDMA smell.
Black has been energy control tested at 87% pure, other is unknown but off a good source.

The black has definately a hint of blue in it, would this be dye or something else coating it ?
Looking forward to eating it. - will probably try the black first

Thanks !

What you think about this photo ? link
One is black MDMA and the other is champagne.
The champagne has no to extremely little smell while the black actually has a nice classic MDMA smell.
Black has been energy control tested at 87% pure, other is unknown but off a good source.

The black has definately a hint of blue in it, would this be dye or something else coating it ?
Looking forward to eating it. - will probably try the black first

Thanks !
I'm really not qualified like everybody else here to answer on the black but I never once saw or heard about anything remotely resembling that MDMA wise until 2005 and no experience or knowledge of the scene since.

I'm not saying I have reason to believe it's not legit.

Just very alien to me. Interesting though.

I'm really not qualified like everybody else here to answer on the black but I never once saw or heard about anything remotely resembling that MDMA wise until 2005 and no experience or knowledge of the scene since.

I'm not saying I have reason to believe it's not legit.

Just very alien to me. Interesting though.
Honestly i'd feel the same way, if not for the fact it's been tested by a lab.

I'll test using my own kits beforehand just to make sure, there is numerous things on reddit regarding black MDMA. I've even got bright orange before and all tested fine and sent to lab with flying colors.
I believe it might be a branding, as it comes off onto the hands when feeling.

Honestly i'd feel the same way, if not for the fact it's been tested by a lab.

I'll test using my own kits beforehand just to make sure, there is numerous things on reddit regarding black MDMA. I've even got bright orange before and all tested fine and sent to lab with flying colors.
I believe it might be a branding, as it comes off onto the hands when feeling.
It looks, like charcoal.

Yea I personally wouldn’t eat it but that’s just me. If they dyed it they went way overboard. I’ve seen my fair share of dyed material and it’s never been that opaque and dark. The batch on the left looks fused to me, it’s that look I try to avoid. That said they’re very likely both MDMA, it’s just the purity leaves some room for improvement.

Looking again that black stuff does look like charcoal, honestly looks more like an impurity than dye branding but hard to tell from the pic.

Also dyed material if it’s of good purity will often still have nice crystal formation. Another anecdote to leave ya’ll with..

-GC

Any particular reason for avoiding fused crystals? Also any knowledge you can drop on us about what kind of crystals to look out for, or that you do in particular?

Any particular reason for avoiding fused crystals? Also any knowledge you can drop on us about what kind of crystals to look out for, or that you do in particular?

To my knowledge, generally it's because smaller needle like crystals are more pure and probably done by a good cook who cares as opposed to large rocks that are distributed by the main supply chains for bulk distribution.

There is theory's as to 'one pot' cook methods or automated set ups will make poorer or MehMDMA product but yet to be proven.

So I’ve had good fused MDMA but I’ve also had a couple batches that felt weaker and/or meh. I’ve only had a couple maybe meh experiences (I say maybe cuz I don’t repeat with that batch if I do) and they all were with product that looked like the batch on left in the pic.

I like product that looks as if it’s a lot of well defined crystals together in one mass/shard. When you break it apart the individual crystals will become more apparent, and should be see through or close to it. Better yet product that comes just as these individual crystals (rare but I’ve seen it) but since large shard equals better they make em bigger.

These shards made up of smaller crystals are likely fused too but their purity is high so you’ll see crystal formation in it instead of this blob of a rock. Also I look for the orthorhombic crystal formation or the diamond/parallelogram formations, but it’s almost always the orthorhombic or anhydrous crystals that I see if I get well defined crystals to look at. To be honest though it can be rare to see nice examples of orthorhombic crystals, I’ve got a couple right now, one looks like a tooth that comes to a point where there’s two sides with flat hexagonal shapes.

Mainly just look for signs of crystals VS rocks, is there flat edges, sharp points, lines, anything that shows a patterned crystal lattice.

My guess is some cut is added to certain fused batches that helps bind it together and create large rocks, whereas other batches are fused without any additional cut. It’s the batches with less or no cut that I think end up looking like a bunch of small crystals massed together once finished.

I like looking for clarity too, which is becoming easier and easier to find. When you get your hands on an individual crystal, set it over some print and see if you can read through it. It should be nearly glass like. This isn’t super important but does show purity. Lots of safrole batches though won’t be clear from the slight residual (or intentionally added after) precursor oils.

-GC

Even as I'm getting tired of wasting my serotonin on MehDMA, I once again got some from the DN. I'd like some input from others what you imagine would be the minimum dose to distinguish MDMA from MehDMA. Of corse that depends on purity, but if both of equal purity? From 70 mg of real MDMA I do think, though it was a few years ago, I get effects that MehDMA wouldn't produce and that I hence may guess if there's any point in consuming more. Thoughts?

I think all this mehdma talk may still be a matter of dosage. Maybe I am getting mehdma and that's why I was eating half a gram as a dose. It produced magic results at that dosage. I wouldn't even feel 70mg

No, I think you’re just speculating. Cocaine acts as a potent reuptake inhibitor of dopamine, adrenaline, and serotonin. And as we all know, serotonin reuptake inhibitors will blockade the serotonin transporter, making it unavailable to MDMA and the roll never happens. Not to mention, I know from multiple personal experiences that this is the case. Even dead of the middle of rolling your nuts off, do a couple lines of cocaine and you’ll see immediately what I mean, although don’t be mad at me when you ruin your roll for the evening in this manner. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

EDIT: Oh, by “kicking off” did you mean competitively bind to the site? Or did you mean it like kick off the effects? Because it’s definitely the former, not the latter…

According to this chart it’s possible cocaine has higher affinity to SERT than MDMA, that along with its reuptake inhibiting abilities… Couldn’t it be both?

-GC

No, I think you’re just speculating. Cocaine acts as a potent reuptake inhibitor of dopamine, adrenaline, and serotonin. And as we all know, serotonin reuptake inhibitors will blockade the serotonin transporter, making it unavailable to MDMA and the roll never happens. Not to mention, I know from multiple personal experiences that this is the case. Even dead of the middle of rolling your nuts off, do a couple lines of cocaine and you’ll see immediately what I mean, although don’t be mad at me when you ruin your roll for the evening in this manner. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

EDIT: Oh, by “kicking off” did you mean competitively bind to the site? Or did you mean it like kick off the effects? Because it’s definitely the former, not the latter…
I meant the former, yes.
My choice of words was excessively informal and therefore unclear.
Cocaine has a higher binding affinity for SERT than MDMA, right?

I meant the former, yes.
My choice of words was excessively informal and therefore unclear.
Cocaine has a higher binding affinity for SERT than MDMA, right?
Right so cocaine works as triple reuptake inhibitor, while MDMA works mostly as a triple monoamine releaser, but also exhibits modest reuptake inhibition effects as well (which is why redosing MDMA more than once is mostly ineffective, causing more neurotoxicity and less desirable effects each time… You wanna roll hard? Take a big dose all at once). [EDIT: to clarify, 5-HT reuptake inhibition does not cause neurotoxicity; MDMA use does, but given that there is a diminishing return of desirable effects while the neurotoxicity still occurs, it's simply not worth chasing the high. /END EDIT] MDMA works by traveling up the serotonin transporter to the presynaptic storage of 5-HT where it binds, opening the calcium ion gate and precipitating a flood of serotonin.

So if a compound binds to the transporter to act as a reuptake inhibitor, it’s as if your brain hired some extra bouncers for the opening of its new night club called Synapse. Normally MDMA knows the doorman at club Synapse, so to speak, and is all like: “Listen, we don’t pay admission and the bouncers don’t check us, and we… walk around the metal detectahs…” But with the added bouncers at Synapse courtesy of “El Llello Magnífico Staffing, LLC” (or “SSRI Security Solutions, Inc.”) it also has the effect of blocking MDMA from getting into Synapse. She’s no Lil Kim, tonight. Back of the line just like everybody else.

Last edited:
Right so cocaine works as triple reuptake inhibitor, while MDMA works mostly as a triple monoamine releaser, but also exhibits modest reuptake inhibition effects as well (which is why redosing MDMA more than once is mostly ineffective, causing more neurotoxicity and less desirable effects each time… You wanna roll hard? Take a big dose all at once). MDMA works by traveling up the serotonin transporter to the presynaptic storage of 5-HT where it binds, opening the calcium ion gate and precipitating a flood of serotonin.

So if a compound binds to the transporter to act as a reuptake inhibitor, it’s as if your brain hired some extra bouncers for the opening of its new night club called Synapse. Normally MDMA knows the doorman at club Synapse, so to speak, and is all like: “Listen, we don’t pay admission and the bouncers don’t check us, and we… walk around the metal detectahs…” But with the added bouncers at Synapse courtesy of “El Llello Magnífico Staffing, LLC” (or “SSRI Security Solutions, Inc.”) it also has the effect of blocking MDMA from getting into Synapse. She’s no Lil Kim, tonight. Back of the line just like everybody else.

Actually the neurotoxicity of MDMA from subsequent redoses is due to the altered metabolism after that first dose not it’s reuptake inhibiting abilities. SSRI’s taken in conjunction with MDMA actually reduce neurotoxicity cuz as you say that MDMA simply can’t do its thing.

We used to say, cocaine rules all. No matter what drug your on cocaine will overpower it. Something interesting to me about that aspect.

-GC

Me too. If I do anything like meth or crack before I roll, it totally fucks it up.
Do you know how long to wait before rolling after taking a stim?
I just avoid overlapping peaks of the drugs, and they both work fine. Give them some space, I guess, but it's not that serious. Just, when you're peaking on MDMA, don't go blowing lines thinking it will only make things better, bc it won't. And wait until after the roll to take SSRIs as a harm reduction technique.
Actually the neurotoxicity of MDMA from subsequent redoses is due to the altered metabolism after that first dose not it’s reuptake inhibiting abilities.
Easy there, killer. I didn't say 5-HT inhibition causes neurotoxicity and am aware of the use of SSRIs post-roll, as harm reduction. I was saying the neurotoxicity of it would still occur minus the desired effects. The toxicity comes about on account of alpha-methyl-dopamine formation that occurs when MDMA's 3,4-methylenedioxy ring is demethylated and broken apart to form the neurotoxic catechol, 3,4-dihydroxy-alpha-methyl-phenethylamine. I appreciate your efforts to clarify things all the same, though 🙂