• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

What is wrong with the MDMA available today? - v2

Yes, but let’s keep sight of the fact That good proper MDMA it’s not denied from still being in circulation depending on area and source so it’s quite possible that others are accessing MDMA which is not working the same as your Own source which could be the problem if Meh, does exist.
Hi-Fives for this one, bud. That's what I'm talking about. Keep scientific. So proud of you right now [removes Saigon-mirror shades, wipes single tear from eye]

Don't worry; I wasn't planning to… 😄

Doesn't insufflating 90 mg DPT.HCL hurt like a bastard though? And isn't that dosage a little high?
I seem to recall trying doses ranging from 50-110mg. 110mg made me blackout but i was also drinking. 90mg was pretty hardcore. Like a really intense 2 hour acid trip, lol.
I had a buddy that tripped on 25mg intranasal though.

Lol, it definitely is what it is. Crap. To say there’s nothing wrong with today’s MDMA tells me one thing...you haven’t done any ecstasy pre-2010. If the only car I’ve ever driven in my lifetime was a Ford Focus, I would think the Ford Focus was the best car in the world.
I am so glad to see you are still around. Used your purification technique for a few years in W africa where there is still levimasole free coke in abundance. I read through your journey with coke, the calming/relaxing/euphoria stage which can last for a few years, followed by the plateau of this into the dysphoria stage eventually leading to abstinence. I had a very similar journey and thought the parallels were interesting. In any case, respect.

Last edited:
Not to get into any specific press talk but I had a stash of old qdance press from 2016 that I finally consumed after a few years break. Took the whole pill and unfortunately not magic. Missing the euphoria and eye wiggles and other elements that I came to expect. Ow well Back to the drawing board.....

I'm just going to quote myself from the last time you posted this theory (this thread is just endlessly circling the same few topics):

Remember I emailed a researcher who also works at the main Dutch police lab:

If you look at his published research, he has four papers about detecting drug isomers using different methods (he even uses 2,3-MDMA and 3,4-MDMA as a specific test case in two of them). I'm pretty sure he's doing a PhD thesis on the topic. If he is saying that the Dutch police lab is looking in the right places but has never seen any isomers, I'm willing to take that at face value.
Hi Negi, don't be naive. Police is not your friend. Researchers in close collaboration with the dutch police neither.

I think they know very well what's going on, they just simply won't disclose what they know because isn't in their agenda. Everything is easier with things being as they are now.
For sure they won't tell somerandomguyfromthewebcallednegi (no offense!) about what's really going on, unless the request is coming from a legit accademic or governative organization.

If you forget for a moment what Kranenburg told you, and start analyzing the issue with a fresh mind you can see that the ortho, or 2,3 deoxyring position isomer is the only viable option here,
You can't ignore some facts, whatever it's been said by "official" sources.
  • Fact: test labs failed to identify any major adulterant with phamacological activity in many different samples and from different labs
  • Fact: it resists any purification attempts, a minor but ultra potent potent adulterant would be easily removed by recrystallization, besides the fact that from a chemistry point of view it is impossible the creation of such unknown by-product, mdma chemistry is pretty basic and simple.
  • Fact: It's more profitable than MDMA, because of its shorter duration and due to being less potent by mg/Kg users consume more
  • Fact: It became mass available short after the ban of essential oils from asia, so precursor change plays a major role here
  • Fact: Both street drug test and official test labs identify meh as magic, see the Kranenburg research to understand that to differentiate the two substances very accurate and directional test procedures are needed, which aren't performed normally.
  • Fact: from a legal point of view in most countries the two M's are equally illegal (analogues law)
  • Fact: The number of trials and convictions that would go expunged or in re trial would be massive in those countries where doesn't exists the above illegal status (analogues law)
Sorry but if you guys really want to see the light at the end of the tunnel and have a definite answer to the meh vs. magic discourse this is the main, fundamental first thing that need direct and personal verification.
Every other theory comes after this, no matter how you put it, or if you like it or not.

Some people were too dumb to tell MDMA apart from methamphetamine, even in the roaring 1990s. If they IV'ed MDMA and you asked them how it felt, they would just say "like coke."

If your rebuttal is "multiple governments, many academics and even harm reduction organizations are all conspiring to hide the fact that this is happening", I'm just going to throw my hands up. There isn't anything I can do when you can just respond to a detailed scientific paper with "they are lying you fool".

If your rebuttal is "multiple governments, many academics and even harm reduction organizations are all conspiring to hide the fact that this is happening", I'm just going to throw my hands up. There isn't anything I can do when you can just respond to a detailed scientific paper with "they are lying you fool".
Well I do agree that we should be more sceptical about what people who work with the police say. (or who are the police)

I researched the polymorph theory heavily and even went over Raman Specs from different years to look for polymorphism variations.

The conclusion was, that while polymorphism probably has some effect on the overall experience (anhydrous VS the varying hydration polymorphs) it’s not the culprit here as these various polymorphs have been around since Day 1.

-GC

Some people were too dumb to tell MDMA apart from methamphetamine,
No one is that dumb. Maybe naive and/or inexperienced, but that has nothing to do with the 90s.
even in the roaring 1990s.
I think right now we’re living in a Golden Era for recreational drug use since global drug prohibition began. I was there for the 90s. Laws were worse and weed was illegal everywhere. When we’re younger, drugs are still new and impressive, like music and sex. This effect is often underestimated. Also: nostalgia is misleading. People who insist drugs were better during some earlier decade tend to ignore that they were younger and drugs were fresh to them then.
If they IV'ed MDMA
Pretty rare for an MDMA user to IV the drug. That’s during the 90s and now.
and you asked them how it felt, they would just say "like coke."
Lol, what? No. Where’d you reach that conclusion? … firstly, I thought you were comparing MDMA and meth. How’d we jump to coke? Secondly, no one would say this. Even IV’d, MDMA lasts 3x longer and has vastly different, easily distinguished effects. Logic alone tells me this is true, but I also have the personal experience of having used and sold both drugs in the 90s and I’ve seen many others use them as well. No one IV’d MDMA and then confused its effects for cocaine. That’s ridiculous.

Last edited:
Hi Negi, don't be naive.
Negi isn’t naive. Far-fetched conspiracy theories strike me as naive though.
Police is not your friend.
Most people aren’t, but these matters don’t require friendship and are largely predicated on legalities, academic study, and professionalism. Police exist to serve the people, and were it not for drug laws and other vices being labelled “crimes” most people would view the police department the way they view the fire department – favorably and seen as only there to help you, not hurt you or lead to your imprisonment.
Researchers in close collaboration with the dutch police neither.
It’s good to always be skeptical, but most researchers won’t risk their professional reputation by publishing questionable and/or dishonest studies in the science journals. They invest too much in their careers to do so, trust me, and careers have been ruined by researchers pandering too much to drug prohibitionists in the govt. for grants while publishing false and misleading studies that are later debunked.
I think they know very well what's going on, they just simply won't disclose what they know because isn't in their agenda.
Sounds like conspiratorial conjecture.
Everything is easier with things being as they are now.
As if law enforcement is behind a conspiracy to put out bad MDMA analogues so no one can enjoy MDMA, because sadism is their bottom line. Hahahaha
For sure they won't tell somerandomguyfromthewebcallednegi (no offense!)
(no offense to what? Referring to Negi as a random guy? That shouldn’t offend anyone. I’m as random to you and Negi as you two are to me (loosely defining “random”)).
about what's really going on, unless the request is coming from a legit accademic or governative organization.
I’m not saying this totally disqualifies what you’re saying, but “accademic or governative organization”? —.—
If you forget for a moment what Kranenburg told you, and start analyzing the issue with a fresh mind you can see that the ortho, or 2,3 deoxyring position isomer is the only viable option here,
You mean, *2,3-dimethoxy ring, and this is bad logic without underlying evidence; again just poorly informed conjecture, no disrespect.
You can't ignore some facts, whatever it's been said by "official" sources.
Untruths and opinions are often presented as facts. And also simply stating “Fact” before declaring something does not make it a fact nor true.
Fact: test labs failed to identify any major adulterant with phamacological activity in many different samples and from different labs
Which “labs” do you mean? Major adulterants have been found. This thread was attempting to limit the sharing of experiences to those experiences that involve samples purportedly only containing MDMA as the active ingredient.
Fact: it resists any purification attempts,
This is not a fact. Virtually anything can be purified given the proper knowledge, technique, and equipment to do so.
a minor but ultra potent potent adulterant
And which adulterant would that be? There’s nothing that potent that would be a by-product of MDMA synthesis.
would be easily removed by recrystallization,
No, if the impurity were also an amine-bearing compound, recrystallization would simply also recrystallize the impurity. There are better, more suitable purification techniques for this.
besides the fact that from a chemistry point of view it is impossible the creation of such unknown by-product,
I think you accidentally a word. You might be echoing what I said above though, hopefully.
mdma chemistry is pretty basic and simple.
Oh so you’ve synthesized it yourself? In your “accademic” pursuits, you were a chemical engineer and that’s what gives you the authority to say with confidence “mdma chemistry is pretty basic and simple”? And are you framing this within the context of clandestine chemistry and working with suboptimal environments with chemicals that aren’t always reagent grade and all of this without any advanced analytical equipment? And btw I’m speaking from experience with this – I’ve synthesized MDMA.
Fact: It's more profitable than MDMA, because of its shorter duration and due to being less potent by mg/Kg users consume more
Wrong. The more potent the drug, the more profitable it is to produce it. The best evidence of this is LSD. Just producing 1 kilogram is 10 million hits of LSD. This is why no one hardly ever produces Mescaline any more – threshold dose is too low.
Fact: It became mass available short after the ban of essential oils from asia, so precursor change plays a major role here
No arguments there, but that sudden loss of source lead to a flood of identifiable MDMA analogs for a few years until no sources were procured and MDMA production picked back up. We’re in that era now.
Fact: Both street drug test and official test labs identify meh as magic,
Yes, they even use those exact terms, because: science.
see the Kranenburg research to understand that to differentiate the two substances very accurate and directional test procedures are needed, which aren't performed normally.
There’s some validity to what you’re saying here a bit, but it doesn’t justify all these other half-drawn conclusions.
Fact: from a legal point of view in most countries the two M's are equally illegal (analogues law)
Fact: irrelevant point. I like “the two M’s” those… sounds ominous but also makes me want some M&Ms. Mmmmm…
Fact: The number of trials and convictions that would go expunged or in re trial would be massive in those countries where doesn't exists the above illegal status (analogues law)
Ok first of all that would be contingent on a government addressing “retroactivity” as it’s called, and they sometimes drag their feet on this subject. Secondly, it would require carefully reexamining drug sample evidence that is likely long-since destroyed, and would also require a legal system that gave enough of a shit to attempt correcting any such technical error. But see, that‘s a dilemma for a justice department to deal with. Law enforcment is separate from that, as are legislators, and as are yet still private research firms.
Sorry but if you guys really want to see the light at the end of the tunnel and have a definite answer to the meh vs. magic discourse this is the main, fundamental first thing that need direct and personal verification.
Which thing? You listed over a half-dozen points. And I have doubts there is an answer or a certain conclusion to this topic.
Every other theory comes after this, no matter how you put it, or if you like it or not.
Sorry for dismantling your post and picking it apart point by point, and while I applaud you for thinking about this topic critically and give you credit for applying what seems logical to you, I have to disagree with—respectfully of course—the majority of your points, as outlined in the rebuttals above.
  • Fact: using this format makes me think of Dwight from The Office.

It seems its been awhile again since I posted on here or even read this thread, magic landed in my hands a few days ago which I was keen to test with the test kit and shortly after indulge.. A trip down memory lane as the sample given to me started to unwind around the 40 minute mark - waves of bliss as I'm coming up. Dose was weighed at 150mg with an additional 50mg prepared for later. However I didn't feel the need to dose up anymore, the general feel of spangledness and sheer bliss/eurphoricness in a world of my own for around 4/5 hours before the comedown was a very mellow drop off. Some nice soft hash and fine terpy flowers, followed by a dab of bho sent me to sleep nicely. No feeling I had taken anything the night before when I woke - other then known I wasn't in bliss world anymore, just back to reality.

The sample tested fine before consumption - All showed signs of nothing but mdma present - quite a violent reaction and that classic proof of smoke. Been ages since I tested or seen any mdma - well before lockdown. Seems the magic finds me at times I'm not generally looking.

It seems its been awhile again since I posted on here or even read this thread, magic landed in my hands a few days ago which I was keen to test with the test kit and shortly after indulge.. A trip down memory lane as the sample given to me started to unwind around the 40 minute mark - waves of bliss as I'm coming up. Dose was weighed at 150mg with an additional 50mg prepared for later. However I didn't feel the need to dose up anymore, the general feel of spangledness and sheer bliss/eurphoricness in a world of my own for around 4/5 hours before the comedown was a very mellow drop off. Some nice soft hash and fine terpy flowers, followed by a dab of bho sent me to sleep nicely. No feeling I had taken anything the night before when I woke - other then known I wasn't in bliss world anymore, just back to reality.

The sample tested fine before consumption - All showed signs of nothing but mdma present - quite a violent reaction and that classic proof of smoke. Been ages since I tested or seen any mdma - well before lockdown. Seems the magic finds me at times I'm not generally looking.
Awesome. Where abouts in the world? And did you notice any difference in the reagent reaction compared to meh?

Awesome. Where abouts in the world? And did you notice any difference in the reagent reaction compared to meh?
I'm in the UK - northeast without been to specific. I've tested alot of meh in the past, I have a collection of videos from a few years ago when I was posting results in here. the meh samples would give off a black reaction rather then the dark purple/purple. The stuff I tested on Monday night reacted so fast and went a dark purple within seconds. I'll upload video and pics of the mdma in question soon as

Last edited:
I'm in the UK - northeast without been to specific. I've tested alot of meh in the past, I have a collection of videos from a few years ago when I was posting results in here. the meh samples would give off a black reaction rather then the dark purple/purple. The stuff I tested on Monday night reacted so fast and went a dark purple within seconds. I'll upload video and pics of the mdma in question soon as
Interesting. Yes, everything I've tested (all meh) has been black rather than purple but I know its hard to over analyse reagent results.