• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

What is wrong with the MDMA available today? - v2

@Negi That was super interesting. Also, the writer noted the same "cold" phenomenon several people here have commented on. I can't say I ever feel like I "blow up" personally, but a lot of the rest of the description lined up with what has happened to me especially the feeling of exhaustion & sitting in silence.

So, this begs the question...what is going on with these people? What is different about her compared to him that their experiences diverged like this? Or, is it possible that one batch would be so poorly cooked that some crystals could be more pure than others? Or, could it be that there are some impurities present that impact her but don't impact him? Very interesting indeed.

The most interesting part to me was that the same (assumed) MDMA could give very noticeable differences in pupil dilation to different people.
I had thought we established through experience reports that mydriasis wasnt an absolute necessity...good sign, but not needed per se

I had thought we established through experience reports that mydriasis wasnt an absolute necessity...good sign, but not needed per se
Yes, but out of all the reported symptoms of mehDMA, pupil dilation was the only one that was externally measurable to any degree. If it can vary between individuals on the exact same MDMA we are left with nothing but purely subjective symptoms.

Yes, but out of all the reported symptoms of mehDMA, pupil dilation was the only one that was externally measurable to any degree. If it can vary between individuals on the exact same MDMA we are left with nothing but purely subjective symptoms.
Pupil dilation has always been somewhat variable from one person to another, but I think if you have someone who typically notes dilated pupils and then has an experience without that effect, something out of the ordinary is happening.

but I think if you have someone who typically notes dilated pupils and then has an experience without that effect, something out of the ordinary is happening.
Indeed. But this latest report raises the question - is that something being caused by the MDMA, or the individual?

Indeed. But this latest report raises the question - is that something being caused by the MDMA, or the individual?

I made a post in the thread to try to get more information. It is possible she is taking a medication that interferes, but she does not realize that she is. Without knowing more about their situation, it is hard to know what is going on.

I recall rolling once at a party with a bunch of people, but this one girl was stone cold sober, even though she had taken multiple pills. Turns out, she was on an anti-depressant.

It would be interesting to see their batch of MDMA given to a larger group. What would be the norm for the group? Would most people be rolling like normal with her as the only outlier, or would it be split 50/50, or would most people not be rolling with her boyfriend as the outlier?

I thought it was interesting that she commented that this was not clean product. How does she know that? Is it visually mixed with something else? Were reagent tests questionable?

Hopefully she will come back to the thread and answer some questions.

Finally registered. It's been interesting to read some of the post and summaries of some other posts and discussion from here on reddit. I find the whole thing to be baffling, because I can get both the magic-MDMA and meh-MDMA experience from the same batch of pills/same pill. Sometimes I have smooth come up, sometimes I have to get through cold and dysphoric experience before peak hits. Sometimes I want to just dance my ass off non-stop, sometimes I want only to hug everyone and chill. One roll I feel this intense orgasmic euphoria, but on another one it's only mild. Sometimes I peak for 3 hours and have a gradual, pleasant landing, but sometimes I get the sudden cold and dysphoric feeling after peaking for only two hours and then I just want to stop everything. "Fluffy touch"? Happens, but not always. Comedown? Light or very depressing. Always same (batch of) pills (dutch, tested), always same dosage (~130mg). There's been so much talk trying to pinpoint the difference betwen magic and meh, but to me it feels like it's basically a lottery. Like you have four stages of the roll, come up/peak/comedown/next days and each stage has two variations, one better and one worse, and then you just randomly get one or the other.

Finally registered. It's been interesting to read some of the post and summaries of some other posts and discussion from here on reddit. I find the whole thing to be baffling, because I can get both the magic-MDMA and meh-MDMA experience from the same batch of pills/same pill. Sometimes I have smooth come up, sometimes I have to get through cold and dysphoric experience before peak hits. Sometimes I want to just dance my ass off non-stop, sometimes I want only to hug everyone and chill. One roll I feel this intense orgasmic euphoria, but on another one it's only mild. Sometimes I peak for 3 hours and have a gradual, pleasant landing, but sometimes I get the sudden cold and dysphoric feeling after peaking for only two hours and then I just want to stop everything. "Fluffy touch"? Happens, but not always. Comedown? Light or very depressing. Always same (batch of) pills (dutch, tested), always same dosage (~130mg). There's been so much talk trying to pinpoint the difference betwen magic and meh, but to me it feels like it's basically a lottery. Like you have four stages of the roll, come up/peak/comedown/next days and each stage has two variations, one better and one worse, and then you just randomly get one or the other.

Have you noticed any pattern at all to what sets the roll off one way or another? Do you take any supplements or prescriptions?

MDMA was never like that for me for about half a decade, so I struggle to understand it this way. It was very consistently awesome, with variations only in how intense the awesome was. I never worried that I would take MDMA and have a cold/dysphoric experience, because it didn't happen. Bad rolls were DXM or some other adulterant.

Also, when did you start rolling and how long have you been experimenting with MDMA?

Last edited:
Have you noticed any pattern at all to what sets the roll off one way or another? Do you take any supplements or prescriptions?

MDMA was never like that for me for about half a decade, so I struggle to understand it this way. It was very consistently awesome, with variations only in how intense the awesome was. I never worried that I would take MDMA and have a cold/dysphoric experience, because it didn't happen. Bad rolls were DXM or some other adulterant.

Also, when did you start rolling and how long have you been experimenting with MDMA?
Oh don't get me wrong. None of the experiences were bad or even mediocre. All of them are consistently awesome, but it's just that sometimes the come up makes me cold/dysphoric for a 5 or 10 minutes before the amazing peak kicks in. And usually my peak lasts 3 hours +-10 minutes and then gradully goes into comedown, but sometimes the peak ends abruptly at the 2-2.5 hour mark and turns into a cold/dysphoric experience for 10 or so minutes before I start feeling normal again (not peaking). It's like instead of landing after the peak ends, you get shot down from the sky during it's final phase and crash.

And of course the peak itself is different every time, sometimes it's more about love, emphaty, hugging and chilling and sometimes more about dancing like crazy and euphoric screaming - however in this case I think a lot of it is a matter of set and setting basically. The love part of the experience is amplified when the music is slower and calm (psychill) and the euphoria and energy is more prominent when something heavier or faster plays. However, it's not a rule that works on every occasion, just on most.

The point I was trying to make is that I have seen people talking about shorter peaks with this cold dysphoria kicking for the final part of it, or modern mdma making people less dancy and more couchy - but to me it's mostly a lottery or set/setting. Sometimes it works like this, sometimes like that. It doesn't seem like the issue is with MDMA, but with something I do or eat or feel, or it's just downright random, becuase it's been the same batch all the time. I mean, maybe today's MDMA is more prone to cause those unpleasant feelings, like it's less stable or whatever. I don't mean bad rolls here, I mean great rolls that have a bump along the way or end sooner and more harshly than expected.

I had one bad experience in my life, which made me cold and dysphoric for the duration of the whole peak and with no glipmse of any good feeling, but that was when I took like 50mg-60mg of an untested pill (other's had fun on it, so I assume it's because the dosage was too low)

I've been taking it for 15 months now, 8 times in total. 2-4 months breaks aside from first 3 times when I didn't know any better. So there's not much to make any pattern out of it, which is why I feel it's kinda random whether it works like what people described MDMA was in the 90s or more like the modern "meh" version. No prescriptions and yes, I take some supplements as recommended on rollsafe, but only before and during dropping, because later I just don't care anymore lol.

Last edited:
Ok, @G_Chem and other researchers.

Direct from International Energy Control. This is on the sample previously reported as 80% MDMA. It still looks like 80% MDMA on initial investigation BUT...

What I could observe was a compound expected to be 3,4-methylendioxy-N,N dimethylampetamine (I do not have a standard to verify it but NIST library gave me an spectra match of this compound).

There is a language barrier, and I am doing the best I can to get more information.

What do we know about this compound? Does anyone recall reading about it in any previously published research?

YES, actual data is coming from the testing instruments.

YES, I am sending additional meh samples to see if they also contain the same impurity.

Found this: https://sci-hub.st/10.1007/s00414-006-0094-x

Due to the presence of a 1,000-fold higher amount of MDMA and to the lack of selectivity, other techniques, such as HPLC-diode array detection (HPLC-DAD) and GC-MS, had failed to demonstrate the presence of the unknown designer drug. Although MDDM is classified within the “new synthetic drugs in the European Union” [10], this product has hardly been described, and therefore, the postmortem distribution was studied.

Last edited:
Finally,

This compound is however occasionally encountered as an impurity in 3,4-methylenedioxy-N-methylamphetamine (MDMA) which has been synthesized by methylation of MDA using methylating reagents such as methyl iodide. An excess of reagent or a reaction temperature that is too high results in some double methylation of the amine nitrogen, yielding MDDM as well as MDMA. The presence of MDDM as an impurity can thus reveal which synthetic route was used to manufacture seized samples of MDMA.

Oh don't get me wrong. None of the experiences were bad or even mediocre. All of them are consistently awesome, but it's just that sometimes the come up makes me cold/dysphoric for a 5 or 10 minutes before the amazing peak kicks in. And usually my peak lasts 3 hours +-10 minutes and then gradully goes into comedown, but sometimes the peak ends abruptly at the 2-2.5 hour mark and turns into a cold/dysphoric experience for 10 or so minutes before I start feeling normal again (not peaking). It's like instead of landing after the peak ends, you get shot down from the sky during it's final phase and crash.

And of course the peak itself is different every time, sometimes it's more about love, emphaty, hugging and chilling and sometimes more about dancing like crazy and euphoric screaming - however in this case I think a lot of it is a matter of set and setting basically. The love part of the experience is amplified when the music is slower and calm (psychill) and the euphoria and energy is more prominent when something heavier or faster plays. However, it's not a rule that works on every occasion, just on most.

The point I was trying to make is that I have seen people talking about shorter peaks with this cold dysphoria kicking for the final part of it, or modern mdma making people less dancy and more couchy - but to me it's mostly a lottery or set/setting. Sometimes it works like this, sometimes like that. It doesn't seem like the issue is with MDMA, but with something I do or eat or feel, or it's just downright random, becuase it's been the same batch all the time. I mean, maybe today's MDMA is more prone to cause those unpleasant feelings, like it's less stable or whatever. I don't mean bad rolls here, I mean great rolls that have a bump along the way or end sooner and more harshly than expected.

I had one bad experience in my life, which made me cold and dysphoric for the duration of the whole peak and with no glipmse of any good feeling, but that was when I took like 50mg-60mg of an untested pill (other's had fun on it, so I assume it's because the dosage was too low)

I've been taking it for 15 months now, 8 times in total. 2-4 months breaks aside from first 3 times when I didn't know any better. So there's not much to make any pattern out of it, which is why I feel it's kinda random whether it works like what people described MDMA was in the 90s or more like the modern "meh" version. No prescriptions and yes, I take some supplements as recommended on rollsafe, but only before and during dropping, because later I just don't care anymore lol.
What you are describing sounds like normal variation to me. What I am experiencing is a cold/dysphoric feeling that never evolves into a true peak. If I peaked for 2 hours, I would be pretty thrilled.

I found a comment I made in the old thread where I mentioned that MDDA can be mis-identified as MBDB, but I did not include a citation. I will have to find that information again. However, one of my other samples did had MBDB listed as an impurity.

In early 1998 I believe, shortly after the Mitsubishis had emerged onto the scene, a guy told me they were MDNA, which was a snorting chemical.

I paid little notice, because I had no reason to simply take his word.

But I didn’t forget it. Your post just reminded me of that.

Consequently I had a thought- I wonder if MEHdma would feel noticeably different when snorted vs ingested.

I haven’t kept any tabs on the general collective personal accounts, so I’ve no idea if those who snort their MEHdma claim to feel more magic.

Just a thought anyway.