• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

What is wrong with the MDMA available today? - v2

Of course I have one of the things is where a regent's test turns out it looks like purple blackish sometimes it even smokes that they can do that with like five map speed and 6 apb for sure I've seen it

Of course I have one of the things is where a regent's test turns out it looks like purple blackish sometimes it even smokes that they can do that with like five map speed and 6 apb for sure I've seen it
Yes, but this really strays from whats been established imo. We're not talking about pills that are something else. We're talking about mdma that has been sent to a lab and is determined to be mdma...and then does not have the effects remembered as that of the effect of mdma in the 90s

How is it faked chemically in your opinion ?
Not mechanically....
Were you asking about pressed pills being faked chemically?

This is what I thought the above poster meant how pressed pills are faked, as in similar neurotransmitters are released , it's not MDMA though, like put a little MDA in there , mixed with 2 fma, small amount of in phenibut, and caffeine, and has a superman logo on it,and sold as ecstasy and the dealer says yes it's pure MDMA

You test it as it turns deep purple, black, green on simons a or b, believing it is mdma

The people are make the stuff are rare, and most will never dive that deep into it to see it being made. Most people including myself are scared to get close, bc if arrested with the chemist you get conspiracy charges as guilty as making it in the courts and records

Last edited:
...nick sands, owsley believed that the mind and intent of the chemist also influenced the effects of the final product. Their explantion since the universe is a mental construct and you are making things which have the power to warp reality the mind must also play a part in chemical synthesis.
On PubChem I find 11 different chemical companies that would probably disagree with the above. But what do I know! :ROFLMAO: Sorry. Couldn't resist.

Were you asking about pressed pills being faked chemically?

This is what I thought the above poster meant how pressed pills are faked, as in similar neurotransmitters are released , it's not MDMA though, like put a little MDA in there , mixed with 2 fma, small amount of in phenibut, and caffeine, and has a superman logo on it,and sold as ecstasy and the dealer says yes it's pure MDMA

You test it as it turns deep purple, black, green on simons a or b, believing it is mdma
The colorimetric reagent tests can be fooled, but that does not explain how 6-APB, 2-FMA, Phenibut and Caffeine can masquarade as MDMA to a GC/MS test.
Please read the first 2 posts of this thread before you reply....

The colorimetric reagent tests can be fooled, but that does not explain how 6-APB, 2-FMA, Phenibut and Caffeine can masquarade as MDMA to a GC/MS test.
my bad I thought you were talking about press pills, and I didn't know you were talking about the GC/MS test

it's debatable it's very possible that after you roll the first 5 or 10 times like Ann Shulgin said that the magic's gone having said all that I have done some other serotonin releasers and the magic did return, was after a 13-year break

my bad I thought you were talking about press pills, and I didn't know you were talking about the GC/MS test

it's debatable it's very possible that after you roll the first 5 or 10 times like Ann Shulgin said that the magic's gone having said all that I have done some other serotonin releasers and the magic did return, was after a 13-year break

Everything that you have posted is addressed in the first two threads. We are NOT talking about adulterants that would be revealed through GCMS testing or losing the magic. I could understand people not wanting to read the other 300+ posts in the last thread, but we have actually condensed all the pertinent information within the first two posts.

In this thread, we are specifically talking about MDMA that has been tested by a lab as MDMA but does not produce the effects of MDMA in experienced or inexperienced users.

Let me first give you a little background. I'm 51 years old and started doing ecstasy the last year it was legal in 1985. Needless to say the legal ecstasy from the so called "Dallas Group" was nothing short of spectacular. In 1988 I made a connection with someone from the San Francisco area who was in the production field of making MDMA. I have maintained that friendship and connection ever since with only small periods of downtime. The MDMA I get from him is an extremely fine bleach white crystalline powder that is fluffy and lays just like snow. The high from this MDMA takes about 10-15 minutes to take effect and the high is always the same. An extremely smooth come up followed by excessive love and empathy. You will literally melt into the person you're with and sex is out of this world. Touch and feel is heavenly. All you want to do is touch and feel on the person youre with and tell them how beautiful they are and how much you love them etc. There are massive eye wiggles and conversation flows like new born buddas. The come down is just as smooth as the come up. It drops you off just like a feather and sleep comes like a baby. The next day is nothing short of spectacular. You wake up feeling anti-depressed and chatty. You'll want to talk on the phone, visit friends or just drive around and enjoy the day with the top down. It's all I've ever known as an MDMA experience.

Now that brings me to modern day MDMA. There was a period back in the early 2000's when my connection was down and I scored pills from a local guy. They were great and with some very small exceptions, nearly as good as my crystalline powder. But once again I've been forced to score something locally and the stuff is just plain crap. And I mean crap. I've done both the orange Tesla's and the red Supremes. Absolutely awful, but from reading the trip reports on Pillreports, you would have thought they were the best ever. They're actually anything but. I had both of these pills tested on ecstasydata and both came back as pure MDMA.

Both of them took about 30-40 minutes to kick in and when they did, there was a slight feeling of euphoria and empathy that quickly faded and from there on out it was just a fucked up buzz. There were eye wiggles, but I wasn't feeling good when they were happening. I became extremely tired and kind of gacked out. The high from these pills seemed to last forever, maybe just because they sucked so much. I felt like a crackhead on the comedown and the next day felt like a bad MDA hangover. There was no next day afterglow at all. Just a different kind of fucked up than the night before. And that lasted the entire next day. There is a HUGE giveaway that youre doing todays crappy MDMA. Your pupils will not dialate all the way to the very edge like old school ecstasy. With old school ecstasy your pupils consume literally all of the color in your eye with only a microscopic sliver of color left around the outer edge. With modern day ecstasy your pupils will only dialate to slightly beyond normal if at all. Thats a big giveaway youre doing new school MDMA junk.

Before you jump to the assumption that this Le Junk guy is just old, hes done way to much ecstasy over the course of his lifetime and this is just a matter of tolerance, please re-read my post stating that I still have access to old school MDMA that Ive had since the 1980s. So in one hand I have modern day lab tested MDMA crap and in the other hand, old school MDMA heaven. So tolerance is out the window. Moving forward...

My question is this. Is this the best there is out there today? And since both pills tested on ecstasydata as pure MDMA, what is wrong with MDMA production nowdays? Does anyone else feel what I'm talking about here? My setting is pretty much always the same so that's not it. I always hear people talk about the setting as if that's an issue. With the crystalline powder, it doesn't matter where I am, it's always great. But with these Supremes and Teslas, it's just a sub-par, little euphoria, no real love or empathy, fucked up kinda buzz. Let me put it this way, if this was all that was available to me, I'd quit taking MDMA altogether. Terrible!
Hi. I've searched but cannot find your test results for the Supremes, Teslas & powder MDMA in this thread or the previous one.

Please could you repost the results/chromatogram.

Thanks.

This is true, they can be fooled, but in my opinion if you pay close attention to the first 1-2 seconds of the reaction and particularly to the edge of the reaction where the color change is happening, it is possible to spot fakes like that. I've had pills cut with speed, with probable PMA and with PMMA, in all three cases the end result was purple/black indeed but it was pretty obvious that there was something amiss by other colors spotted in the first few seconds at the edges of the reaction and/or a reaction that was too slow and/or the final color not being dark enough (more of a mud color). This will probably not always be the case but I'm willing to bet for an experienced tester it is in a lot of of cases. The first 1-2 seconds are more important than the final color because in those few seconds you can spot other colors before the dark purple/black takes over. Doing the reaction on a white porcelain surface and under a bright light helps with this. This is of course not a certainty, there will always be samples which don't show any abnormalities so don't count on this to always be the case, when in doubt send them to a lab. By the way I've even had GC/MS confirmed pills that did produce a strange reagent reaction, a kind of reddish purple in stead of the normal purple, probably because of fillers or coloring

This will probably not always be the case but I'm willing to bet for an experienced tester it is in a lot of of cases.
This was the conclusion of the member @G_Chem with various colorimetric reagents.
I do not have a link to his experiments but maybe he will post it when he reads this.

From the chemical side of things, I'd like to emphasize that many colorimetric reagent solutions age and as they do, they change their properties/indications. This means that tests done with fresh and aged reagents might not be comparable.

I'm an oldkool raver and took Ecstasy and speed in the early 90s and into 2000, and there is no comparison with the 90s and the 2000>
No recreational drugs today are the same as they were 20-30 years ago. Particularly Ecstasy and amphetamines.
I always suspected that the one thing that changed it all was the birth of the "Legal High/Research Chemical industry.
The use and application of the many hundreds of research chemicals has destroyed the oldskool illegal drugs market. Most if not all illegal oldskool classic type drugs today are mixed with the legal high/research chemicals. Amphetamine is the classic example. It simply does not exist anymore. It is simply research chemicals mixed with tiny amounts of real amphetamine to give it the smell of amphetamine. Utter garbage.
I'm now middle aged and no longer participate in such activities, but I strongly believe that the research chemical boom changed everything permanently, even after the governments banned the sale of them. They are all now just incorporated into all the other drugs.
Drug abuse has always been dangerous and risky, but so much more risky today. Todays drug takers will never realise because they don't know any different.
Stay safe guys.
I too tasted the glory and magnifiscence of the original MDMA, 90's up to mid 2005, when it was still as banging as ever.

I just want to make one point in relation to what you say about the legal RC market being responsible.

I am personally very thankful to have been able to acquire pure, pharma grade LSD homologes from Holland which work as well as any LSD 25 I ever took.

I don't agree with the assertion the RC market has been a bad thing, for the modern drug user.

MDMA could still have been produced to identical standards, I believe.

I see the RC market as an actual godsend to so many. Very clean, pure, potent psychedellics at exact, known dosages have been accessible to many psychonauts for years now.

Tryptamines and Lysergamides in particular. No way can anybody assert that those are not proper, or real drugs. They absolutely are.

Also pure benzodiazepines, dissociatives like 3 MEO PCP, the infamous "god molecule" tryptamine 5 MEO DMT, hailed as one of the 3 or 4 most potent drugs on the planet, alongside LSD and Salvia extracts.

There are members here, longterm lovers of true MDMA who I know greatly appreciate the RC stimulants such as 6 MAPB etc.

Im just saying I feel that far more has been given to the world of recreational psychonauts by the RC scene from Holland, than has been taken away.

If no RC scene had ever existed, it's perfectly conceivable to me that MDMA production and quality would have taken the exact same dive.

I will admit perhaps the mass arrival of Mcat on scene in 2005 I think, a bit of a coincidence, timing with the beginning of MDMA's downfall.

So Im not ruling out your suggestion. I just don't think it's valid to attribute blame on the RC scene.

Okay, Im really not saying this very well. I'm just trying to defend a good thing, on the whole, for most drug users, IMO.

MDMA, LSD 25, ALD 52, Mescaline, Cocaine, Speed etc etc, ARE research chemicals. No different to 4-ho-mipt or AL-LAD in that sense. Just supersceding.

I have taken note of the thriving RC scene over recent years, the storm it has been and still is, and the overwhelming positive impact it has had on so many people's lives by opening up clean, safe, reliable avenues with a huge array of top quality psychedellics and other psychoactives on hand.

Last edited:
I agree with everything you say. Have you experienced modern MDMA yourself?
Hello. Not for years, but the later years did not compare to the initial years. I always heard people saying it was most probably PMA or something else.
Amphetamine was definitely not the same. It was always mixed with RC. You can tell just by the smell and texture. This is what I mean when I say the RC has ruined everything regarding oldskool drugs. They just mix them with everything and sell it as something it's not.

Come on now, I’m willing to believe maybe the MDMA was a little better but EVERY drug? That sounds like a you problem to me.

No not really. Just saying the later years for me were not the same. Amphetamine particularly. After the RC boom, amphetamine was never just amphetamine anymore. Just RC mixed with a tad of amphetamine. If people mix RC /legal high stimulants with amphetamines and sell it as amphetamine, then to me this means the RC has ruined everything relating to the sale of amphetamines. Well for me it had.

You feel you lost the magic after 5 uses? It just doesn’t work that way, at least for most people. If all drugs don’t work for you anymore I’d assume it might be personal. Or the product is off your getting... (You also said you only tried a few times too.)

I still highly enjoy cannabis even after 15+yrs daily use. LSD is just as good if not better than my first trip. Amphetamine works just as well as always. Same as MDMA.

Tolerance has gone up a bit for some drugs, but most haven’t.

-GC
I also, bizarrely for a very heavy user at times for prolonged periods, barely develop a tolerance to LSD. I swear there is a consciousness factor- a sort of "hack".

I too, as you know, do not feel I ever lost the magic with MDMA. And like yourself, I rolled many days on end, up to 11 consecutive at least, 2, 3, 4, 5 days....dozens and dozens of times, except I did not keep dosages within reason like yourself.

But regardless, there was honestly never a point when I felt or regarded myself to have lost the magic, or in any way to feel MDMA was something which didn't work for me, no point taking.

Not at all, after 9 years monstrous use.

And just to reiterate this too, for context...in my view, experience, memory, the MDMA I took between 2000 right up until 2005, worked just as well for me as that between 96 and 2000. In reference to it's quality, not my personal tolerance.

Again I swear there is a consciousness element at play.

Last edited:
None of the the published lab results show this. Most amphetamine sold in the UK is probably trash, but that's because it's majority caffeine, not because of research chemicals.
Yes you are correct. Alot of it is mixed with caffeine. But I had many times experienced it being adulterated with other RC such as Methiopropamine (MPA)
Many times in fact. Also mixed with the RC version of Methylphenidate. This is why I say it has ruined it for people wanting amphetamines. It just doesn't exist anymore. They just mix it all with stimulant RC and caffeine as you pointed out. Years ago you could take speed and get a real buzz and stimulation all over your body. No you just get super hyper stimulated in your brain and nothing else because it's not just amphetamine anymore.

Just to say here, personally, with Amphetamine being the very first real drug I took in 1996, before MDMA, Acid, even cannabis....when I started with MDMA I had virtually zero interest in speed.

Such a shitty comedown, messed up heart beat for a week, and to me the experience itself came nowhere near to justifying it.

At University in 2000's I admit I did enjoy good clean Amphetamine Sulphate rock in combo with Alcohol, Valium, Weed, MDMA and the social student scene.

But only minimal occasions really.
If amphetamine never existed, I don't see that as a very tragic loss personally.

No way will I say the same about...LSD, MDMA, Psilocybin, Cannabis, Kava, even booze!

Just, my opinion though.

Last edited:
For reason which are not important I'm watching this thread with interest. And no offense to anybody is meant I assure you BUT below is the actual topic of THIS v2 thread.

In this thread, we are specifically talking about MDMA that has been tested by a lab as MDMA but does not produce the effects of MDMA in experienced or inexperienced users.

Sorry to bring it up but there's another very long thread on the topic and that's full of anecdotes and reminiscing about the years gone by and this is going the same way it would seem.

For reason which are not important I'm watching this thread with interest. And no offense to anybody is meant I assure you BUT below is the actual topic of THIS v2 thread.

Sorry to bring it up but there's another very long thread on the topic and that's full of anecdotes and reminiscing about the years gone by and this is going the same way it would seem.
Fair comments. This line of discourse here was however regarding the RC emergence having a direct impact on MDMA quality.

Fair comments. This line of discourse here was however regarding the RC emergence having a direct impact on MDMA quality.
Fair enough.

I just am curious to get to the bottom of this from a technical point of view I guess. At the end of the day: theoretically we’re talking about a substance and that has a particular molecular structure or formula. So assuming that such is a given: what else could be the problem (which I guess is the OP’s point).

A good exercise, purely from an academic point of view, would be to obtain said substance as manufactured by any one of those chemical suppliers that I mentioned above. But then some sort of controlled testing would have to be done so as to ensure that the placebo effect isn’t a factor. And I cannot see this being practicable unfortunately.

Other than the above there’s nothing I can contribute myself. I think I had one of these decades ago, do remember the typical and “correct” effects exactly as described by many here, but that was that i.e. not my thing and never happened again.

At the end of the day: theoretically we’re talking about a substance and that has a particular molecular structure or formula. So assuming that such is a given: what else could be the problem (which I guess is the OP’s point).
The possibilities are outlined in the 2nd post of this thread. My favorite one is the possibility of a potent contaminant that is psychoactive in such small quantities that it evades detection.