• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

What is wrong with the MDMA available today? - v2

Alright, a bit later than anticipated but as you have no doubt noticed, I have moved all posts preceding indigoaura's excellent introduction to the previous iteration of this thread, so it is now the second post. If anyone wants any changes done to that post, you can ask indigoaura herself/himself or me, though I will always discuss with indigoaura before I make changes anyways. Please tag me if you do have requests because I don't always read every new post in this thread (most I do read though)

@indigoaura I find this post of yours to be very informative and concise to members new to these concepts, could perhaps be a nice addition to that introduction? It's mostly the chart that I thought perhaps could be handy to have in there, since it offers an alternative overview of the concepts for users that want to be up to speed quickly compared to the full explanation in the rest of the post

I love all y'all and how passionate the energy surrounding this compound is, even just in this corner of the great faceless modern web.

Everyone here is really trying to get to the bottom of why some experiences are healing and profound and others quite lacking!

this discussion is spirited, delicious, engaging and stimulating

I fucking love this forum and the human race,
I love the opportunity to learn at my own pace.

I love the potential to re frame potentially dangerous visionary poisons as just another tool on the road to becoming what we are really capable of blooming into

Thank you all and have a wonderful time here on this weird life-ride

[I dont want to crowd the thread but I am pleasantly rolling on some arguably magic material now and the overwhelming ease and joy I feel in expressing myself seemed ironically appropriate as a juxtaposition to yalls academic analysis!]

I love all y'all and how passionate the energy surrounding this compound is, even just in this corner of the great faceless modern web.

Everyone here is really trying to get to the bottom of why some experiences are healing and profound and others quite lacking!

this discussion is spirited, delicious, engaging and stimulating

I fucking love this forum and the human race,
I love the opportunity to learn at my own pace.

I love the potential to re frame potentially dangerous visionary poisons as just another tool on the road to becoming what we are really capable of blooming into

Thank you all and have a wonderful time here on this weird life-ride

[I dont want to crowd the thread but I am pleasantly rolling on some arguably magic material now and the overwhelming ease and joy I feel in expressing myself seemed ironically appropriate as a juxtaposition to yalls academic analysis!]

I could tell a couple words in ;)

Enjoy brother!! I live through you vicariously.. I gotta wait a full year myself until I can again and already miss it dearly.

I realize what MDMA does for me... Now going without for a minute. It creates this self love that translates to a confidence in normal day to day life, I love myself and therefore care less what others think of me. It’s such a better way to live. I can only assume this effect is missing from “meh” product.

-GC

I could tell a couple words in ;)

Enjoy brother!! I live through you vicariously.. I gotta wait a full year myself until I can again and already miss it dearly.

I realize what MDMA does for me... Now going without for a minute. It creates this self love that translates to a confidence in normal day to day life, I love myself and therefore care less what others think of me. It’s such a better way to live. I can only assume this effect is missing from “meh” product.

-GC
Having not had "meh" in my personal experience, I can only try to imagine the roll as being somehow incomplete!

It sounds surreal these accounts I have read of the MDMA going around recently that fails to ignite the soul into dancing flames of self confidence and evoke the humblest understanding of the common ground between what is inside "me" and "you"

Last edited:
Thanks, @BlueBull! I like to keep everyone (including myself) guessing about my gender, so no offense taken. :)

I added the chart and summary post to post 2 above the research summary. I actually had a slightly updated version of that chart that had been edited a bit according to feedback.

I will gladly edit post 2 to add new research, add new sections etc. Please feel free to PM me with any changes you want made.

I know we have debated the MDMA content of tablets quite a bit in this thread. Here is a recently published article that confirms that the amount of MDMA in tablets is going up.

The MDMA content of the tablets surveyed herein is in line with reports that document an ever-increasing dosage. Wood et al. reported that the MDMA content of 101 tablets obtained from amnesty bins cited in UK night clubs in 2006 was 58.7 ± 22.9 mg per tablet, with a range of 20 mg to 131 mg per tablet [19]. 96% of tablets contained less than 100 mg MDMA per tablet. Subsequent reports have highlighted an increase in the content of MDMA in tablets. In 2015, DIMS reported that 53% of tablets surveyed contained over 140 mg of MDMA. This contrasts with only 3% in 2009 and, furthermore, only 42% of tablets surveyed in this year contained more than 70 mg MDMA per tablet [46]. In 2018, DIMS reported that 72% of tablets surrendered contained > 150 mg [41]. 95% of tablets contained more than 100 mg. The evaluation of 412 tablets collected over the period 2001–2018 in the UK provided evidence that recent samples (2018) contained a median content of MDMA of 105 mg for the first time [18].

The MDMA-containing tablets tested in the present work confirm this continuing trend of tablets containing ever-greater amounts of MDMA. It should be noted that, although the amounts of MDMA found were not those of “super pills” (270–340 mg of MDMA per tablet) [22], each tablet contains 2.1–3.63 the amount needed to induce a physiological response in an average human [47] (62 kg)

Title: Quantification of MDMA in seized tablets using benchtop 1H NMR spectroscopy in the absence of internal standards. Forensic Chemistry, 100263. doi:10.1016/j.forc.2020.100263
URL: https://sci-hub.st/10.1016/j.forc.2020.100263

Here is a recently published article that discusses the reduced response to MDMA-assisted psychotherapy in patients who recently used certain medications. They state:
Recent prior use and tapering of medications that target monoamine reuptake transporters resulted in blunted therapeutic and physiological responses to MDMA in phase 2 trials.

There is an interesting discussion of why the effects may be blunted in these patients and how this blunted effect was measured. We throw around the word "magic," but for patients with PTSD the "magic" is that their PTSD goes away. That effect was blunted in this group of patients. This further supports the idea that any contaminant that blocks monoamine transporters has the potential to also block the "magic" effects of the drug. However, I could also see how the discussion of downregulated receptors would relate to overall tolerance.

Title: Discontinuation of medications classified as reuptake inhibitors affects treatment response of MDMA-assisted psychotherapy
URL: sci-hub.st/10.1007/s00213-020-05710-w

At Energy Control, like most other harm reduction organizations, our goal is not to be as precise as possible, but to reach as many people as possible, and provide them with useful information to help them make safer choices. Unlike a professional lab, this means that slight trade-offs are made in the amount of detail given if that means an even bigger improvement in cost or speed can be made.

Straight from the International Energy Control website.

Thanks, @BlueBull! I like to keep everyone (including myself) guessing about my gender, so no offense taken. :)
Oooooops. Sorry for spoiling the intrigue Indigoaura. Because there are so many males on BL it can be easy for people to assume that it is only men contributing! I was wearing my 'feminist' persona and thought I would stick up for you. I shall be more circumspect in future.

Anyway, thanks to you and BlueBull for making the improvements to the thread. Much appreciated.

Oooooops. Sorry for spoiling the intrigue Indigoaura. Because there are so many males on BL it can be easy for people to assume that it is only men contributing! I was wearing my 'feminist' persona and thought I would stick up for you. I shall be more circumspect in future.

Anyway, thanks to you and BlueBull for making the improvements to the thread. Much appreciated.
Thanks for sticking up for me, @EntheoDjinn! I do think physical sex is relevant to the conversation, as issues like hormone levels could be factoring into the intensity of the drug experience. So, at some point, the personal satisfaction of living vicariously as a gender ambivalent BL poster took a backseat to my desire to be accurate. Yes, I am female. :)

100 or 200 mg (in 2 doses spread out from each other) of real MDMA.HCl works just fine still. If yours doesn't, then either you are on Prozac et. al. or your X is fake, most likely.

The HCl (hydrochloride gas in ether which is dried over oven roasted Epsom salts, MgSO4) of this oil is what you want:

7e783.jpg

100 or 200 mg (in 2 doses spread out from each other) of real MDMA.HCl works just fine still. If yours doesn't, then either you are on Prozac et. al. or your X is fake, most likely.
How is it faked in your opinion ?

Anybody with a pill press can press whatever they have lying around as long as they have Avicel (microcrystalline cellulose).

Anybody with a pill press can press whatever they have lying around as long as they have Avicel (microcrystalline cellulose).
Have you read the first two posts of this thread in full?

For the purpose of this discussion, we are not referring to untested product. We are referring to product that has been tested and appears to be MDMA to a lab/reagent tests, but still produces atypical results.

How is it faked chemically in your opinion ?
Not mechanically....
people can just buy research chemicals like 6 apb and just mix them with a bunch of other stuff like caffeine heroin just a bunch of other stuff and put them in pills that said I think that some of the pills I had back in the day were they felt more like MDA this is just going by my feel or whatever they didn't have the the rush like MDMA they weren't as dopamine and Nora adrenaline like as MDMA they were more smooth like MDA but that's just that's just going by feeling I don't know for sure cuz I didn't even test them back then

people can just buy research chemicals like 6 apb and just mix them with a bunch of other stuff like caffeine heroin just a bunch of other stuff and put them in pills that said I think that some of the pills I had back in the day were they felt more like MDA this is just going by my feel or whatever they didn't have the the rush like MDMA they weren't as dopamine and Nora adrenaline like as MDMA they were more smooth like MDA but that's just that's just going by feeling I don't know for sure cuz I didn't even test them back then
Have you read any of the prior thread?
This seems so off the topic at hand....