Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators: andyturbo | BlueBull | scatterday
  • Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

What is wrong with the MDMA available today? - v2

Rectify

Bluelighter
The MDMA available today is nowhere near as good as it was in the 1990s. Better than nothing? Yeah, there is a little relaxation, a touch of music and color enhancement, a very minor stimmyness, and a low dose of enhanced music appreciation--but that's after eating a handful of the new ones. Overall, it is barely worth doing at all anymore.

PsychedelicSummer

Bluelighter
The MDMA available today is nowhere near as good as it was in the 1990s. Better than nothing? Yeah, there is a little relaxation, a touch of music and color enhancement, a very minor stimmyness, and a low dose of enhanced music appreciation--but that's after eating a handful of the new ones. Overall, it is barely worth doing at all anymore.
Agreed! I've got 5-10 g from 5-10 different batches laying around - booth pills and crystals - and no desire to consume any of them again. Can't understand why all of them got so good reviews on DN markets. Does most consumers not know the real stuff? BTW, I'm in northern Europe and several of my samples have also been tried by a friend who's taken MDMA less than 5 times. I've had the real deal less than 10 times. First 2 times in 1987, than got 1 g of real MDMA about 4-5 years ago. Sometimes I've been thinking it's something with me as I've kind of gotten Meh-experiences from what's been sold to me as MDA, 6-APB, MAPB and 4-MMC, but as previously stated a friend gets the the same Meh experience as me. I'll say it again, my hunch is that the culprit behind all this MehDMA may be due to some kind of isomers. Perhaps a good chemist once sat down and thought about how to create an isomer to MDMA from an easily available precursor? Maybe a good question which may help us resolve this mystery? Otherwise I think we must focus our efforts on how to get a real lab do the necessary analysis to resolve this.

Psychestim

Bluelighter
This is got to be one of the most interesting threads on BL. Love how everyone is so invested in getting to the bottom of this. Too bad I can't really contribute anything useful because I was a little kid in the 90's and early 00's. I have done a fair amount of Ecstasy/MDMA over the last couple of years (starting in 2016) and to imagine that this is not the "real deal" is pretty hard for me to grasp. Especially since I rolled my god-damn tits off dozens of great (IMO) pills (e.g. 220mg blue Punisher's, 272mg silver Plata Plomo's, 263mg purple Tomorrowland's) and 99.8% pure white MDMA crystals (god bless free lab-testing) and experienced exactly what most people raved about. I had so many insanely euphoric rolls and unbelievably amazing nights on this drug that the thought of an even better version of the same substance makes my mouth water lol. Extremely fascinating to hear about all of your experiences and different hypotheses on this topic. Hope you guys find out what the issue with today's MehDMA is and that the even better stuff becomes publically available again.

I have one question to the oldheads of this thread though. Do you also notice a consistent and significant difference in quality of the modern MDA compared to the 90's stuff?

Last edited:

simstim

Bluelighter
This is got to be one of the most interesting threads on BL. Love how everyone is so invested in getting to the bottom of this. Too bad I can't really contribute anything useful because I was a little kid in the 90's and early 00's. I have done a fair amount of Ecstasy/MDMA over the last couple of years (starting in 2016) and to imagine that this is not the "real deal" is pretty hard for me to grasp. Especially since I rolled my god-damn tits off dozens of great (IMO) pills (e.g. 220mg blue Punisher's, 272mg silver Plata Plomo's, 263mg purple Tomorrowland's) and 99.8% pure white MDMA crystals (god bless free lab-testing) and experienced exactly what most people raved about. I had so many insanely euphoric rolls and unbelievably amazing nights on this drug that the thought of an even better version of the same substance makes my mouth water lol. Extremely fascinating to hear about all of your experiences and different hypotheses on this topic. Hope you guys find out what the issue with today's MehDMA is and that the good stuff becomes publically available again.

I have one question to the oldheads of this thread though. Do you also notice a consistent and significant difference in quality of the modern MDA compared to the 90's stuff?
I started rolling in 2003 and the pills i get today are stronger than they used to be. I took an 11 year break from rolling and was pretty surprised the first time i rolled recently. However, i like to take half a gram as a starting dose.

I don't understand if mehdma phenomena is caused by permanent tolerance and people being reluctant to try higher doses or bad supply. I think If you aren't rolling hard enough maybe you just didn't take enough.

PsychedelicSummer

Bluelighter
I started rolling in 2003 and the pills i get today are stronger than they used to be. I took an 11 year break from rolling and was pretty surprised the first time i rolled recently. However, i like to take half a gram as a starting dose.

I don't understand if mehdma phenomena is caused by permanent tolerance and people being reluctant to try higher doses or bad supply. I think If you aren't rolling hard enough maybe you just didn't take enough.
With real MDMA I roll fine on 120 mg. With MehDMA I just get more tired and more asocial if I increase the dose. Have thrown up also from attempting increasing the dosage. Tolerance shouldn't sudenly more than double from, like in my case, 9th time of use to the 10th time. But as stated many times, it is not black or white. Some product is a bit better, or should I say less bad? - than other. And sure, some are lucky and get good MDMA.

AutoTripper

Bluelighter

Did you have, out curiosity, by chance…2004 Playstations, MDA type effect.

Or 2005 Heineken Stars? Well pressed, not flat domed, not deep widish big stay on each side possibly but not dead sure on that bit.

Yellow or blue “B’s” for Bentley?

simstim

Bluelighter
With real MDMA I roll fine on 120 mg. With MehDMA I just get more tired and more asocial if I increase the dose. Have thrown up also from attempting increasing the dosage. Tolerance shouldn't sudenly more than double from, like in my case, 9th time of use to the 10th time. But as stated many times, it is not black or white. Some product is a bit better, or should I say less bad? - than other. And sure, some are lucky and get good MDMA.
I always say if MDMA not working try some mephedrone or even metaphedrone. If you still can't roll it's likely to be something other than the drugs causing it. Medication, tolerance, something...

AutoTripper

Bluelighter
I always say if MDMA not working try some mephedrone or even metaphedrone. If you still can't roll it's likely to be something other than the drugs causing it. Medication, tolerance, something...
Yes, but let’s keep sight of the fact That good proper MDMA it’s not denied from still being in circulation depending on area and source so it’s quite possible that others are accessing MDMA which is not working the same as your Own source which could be the problem if Meh, does exist.

simstim

Bluelighter
Did you have, out curiosity, by chance…2004 Playstations, MDA type effect.

Or 2005 Heineken Stars? Well pressed, not flat domed, not deep widish big stay on each side possibly but not dead sure on that bit.

Yellow or blue “B’s” for Bentley?
Some of the best pills i ever had were red or purple Christmas trees circa 2005-2006. I forgot what my first pills were stamped but they blew my mind in 2003. Seems like they were Rolex crowns but not positive.

unodelacosa

Bluelighter
Yes, but let’s keep sight of the fact That good proper MDMA it’s not denied from still being in circulation depending on area and source so it’s quite possible that others are accessing MDMA which is not working the same as your Own source which could be the problem if Meh, does exist.
Hi-Fives for this one, bud. That's what I'm talking about. Keep scientific. So proud of you right now [removes Saigon-mirror shades, wipes single tear from eye]

simstim

Bluelighter
Don't worry; I wasn't planning to… 😄

Doesn't insufflating 90 mg DPT.HCL hurt like a bastard though? And isn't that dosage a little high?
I seem to recall trying doses ranging from 50-110mg. 110mg made me blackout but i was also drinking. 90mg was pretty hardcore. Like a really intense 2 hour acid trip, lol.
I had a buddy that tripped on 25mg intranasal though.

oldmanjingles

Bluelighter
Lol, it definitely is what it is. Crap. To say there’s nothing wrong with today’s MDMA tells me one thing...you haven’t done any ecstasy pre-2010. If the only car I’ve ever driven in my lifetime was a Ford Focus, I would think the Ford Focus was the best car in the world.
I am so glad to see you are still around. Used your purification technique for a few years in W africa where there is still levimasole free coke in abundance. I read through your journey with coke, the calming/relaxing/euphoria stage which can last for a few years, followed by the plateau of this into the dysphoria stage eventually leading to abstinence. I had a very similar journey and thought the parallels were interesting. In any case, respect.

Last edited:

popsweat

Bluelighter
Not to get into any specific press talk but I had a stash of old qdance press from 2016 that I finally consumed after a few years break. Took the whole pill and unfortunately not magic. Missing the euphoria and eye wiggles and other elements that I came to expect. Ow well Back to the drawing board.....

mooka

Bluelighter
I'm just going to quote myself from the last time you posted this theory (this thread is just endlessly circling the same few topics):

Remember I emailed a researcher who also works at the main Dutch police lab:

If you look at his published research, he has four papers about detecting drug isomers using different methods (he even uses 2,3-MDMA and 3,4-MDMA as a specific test case in two of them). I'm pretty sure he's doing a PhD thesis on the topic. If he is saying that the Dutch police lab is looking in the right places but has never seen any isomers, I'm willing to take that at face value.
Hi Negi, don't be naive. Police is not your friend. Researchers in close collaboration with the dutch police neither.

I think they know very well what's going on, they just simply won't disclose what they know because isn't in their agenda. Everything is easier with things being as they are now.
For sure they won't tell somerandomguyfromthewebcallednegi (no offense!) about what's really going on, unless the request is coming from a legit accademic or governative organization.

If you forget for a moment what Kranenburg told you, and start analyzing the issue with a fresh mind you can see that the ortho, or 2,3 deoxyring position isomer is the only viable option here,
You can't ignore some facts, whatever it's been said by "official" sources.
  • Fact: test labs failed to identify any major adulterant with phamacological activity in many different samples and from different labs
  • Fact: it resists any purification attempts, a minor but ultra potent potent adulterant would be easily removed by recrystallization, besides the fact that from a chemistry point of view it is impossible the creation of such unknown by-product, mdma chemistry is pretty basic and simple.
  • Fact: It's more profitable than MDMA, because of its shorter duration and due to being less potent by mg/Kg users consume more
  • Fact: It became mass available short after the ban of essential oils from asia, so precursor change plays a major role here
  • Fact: Both street drug test and official test labs identify meh as magic, see the Kranenburg research to understand that to differentiate the two substances very accurate and directional test procedures are needed, which aren't performed normally.
  • Fact: from a legal point of view in most countries the two M's are equally illegal (analogues law)
  • Fact: The number of trials and convictions that would go expunged or in re trial would be massive in those countries where doesn't exists the above illegal status (analogues law)
Sorry but if you guys really want to see the light at the end of the tunnel and have a definite answer to the meh vs. magic discourse this is the main, fundamental first thing that need direct and personal verification.
Every other theory comes after this, no matter how you put it, or if you like it or not.

Rectify

Bluelighter
Some people were too dumb to tell MDMA apart from methamphetamine, even in the roaring 1990s. If they IV'ed MDMA and you asked them how it felt, they would just say "like coke."

Negi

Bluelighter
If your rebuttal is "multiple governments, many academics and even harm reduction organizations are all conspiring to hide the fact that this is happening", I'm just going to throw my hands up. There isn't anything I can do when you can just respond to a detailed scientific paper with "they are lying you fool".

Tramalala

Bluelighter
If your rebuttal is "multiple governments, many academics and even harm reduction organizations are all conspiring to hide the fact that this is happening", I'm just going to throw my hands up. There isn't anything I can do when you can just respond to a detailed scientific paper with "they are lying you fool".
Well I do agree that we should be more sceptical about what people who work with the police say. (or who are the police)