• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

What is there to do during lockdown apart from drink?

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
I really need to stop drinking. I've got it down to like 2-3 nights a week but still not happy.

But, lockdown is making it hard cos of the monotony.

Watching TV and playing video games gets boring after a while.

Last night i put in a valiant effort doing an exercise video then reading Camus but that only got me til 6.30.

There is only so much reading and practising my bass one can do.

Bought some board games but they are more fun with a beer.

I'm seriously considering working longer hours cos I like my job and I would have less evening to fill but the idea of working for free irks me and also I'm currently on a project about this pesky virus and the more i find out about it the more depressed i feel cos honestly we are fucked.

So, what do you guys do? Or are we all just drinking/drugging to numb ourselves to the monotony?

I backslid in the form that I'm playing WoW again, but better than drugs, I suppose.

Though I can understand you, the monotony is killing me. I'm an absolute sociophobe, and I never expected how much I actually love hanging out with others. Saw my two best friends the first time in a month or so two days ago, was really amazing.

In order to not play too much I like to ride my bike or go for a jog. But it's not like there's much to do, yeah..

i took acid 13 times during my lock down. Not recommend though.

I would recommend learning about self-realization and non duality and work towards that. https://www.holybooks.com/wp-content/uploads/Avadhoota-Gita.pdf

This will help you calm the mind down remove the desires for damaging things. Within a lock down you could be seeing massive benefit if you managed to meditate one hour a day say after 3-4 months.

I drink six nights a week. Beer.

But, it was the same before lockdown.

As long as the drinking doesn't stop you doing other activities it's okay. If you just sit there drinking it needs reduction.

I also consume a daily dose of CBD isolate and smoke a lot of hi grade Sativa and other things

Though I can understand you, the monotony is killing me. I'm an absolute sociophobe, and I never expected how much I actually love hanging out with others. Saw my two best friends the first time in a month or so two days ago, was really amazing.

In order to not play too much I like to ride my bike or go for a jog. But it's not like there's much to do, yeah..
yes! at first i was looking forward to lockdown cos i had stuff 3-4 evenings a week and wanted some 'me time' but now i've noticed if i meet other people for a walk, or, gasp a cuppa in my back yard, it makes me feel better. when i resented the same people, my good friends, for taking up my time before.

i've also been running a lot and it does help massively, but i tend to go first thing in the morning.
I would recommend learning about self-realization and non duality and work towards that.
i have actually been doing this! i was regularly attending my local buddhist centre before lockdown and have continued online. i'm actually starting a pre-mitra foundation course that will have evening sessions 3 weeks a month with study in between so am hoping that will force me to be more disciplined in my practise, my meditation has been, at best, sporadic since lockdown. i need external structure to make me disciplined lol.

As long as the drinking doesn't stop you doing other activities it's okay. If you just sit there drinking it needs reduction.
some times it does and sometimes it doesn't. but i need to get in the habit of not drinking again cos i am hoping to get pregnant at some point over the next year.

I've been (trying) to get out more into my happy place.

IMG-5767.jpg

Photo I took the other week. Bought some books to read as well, currently going through Heidegger's Silence.

I've been (trying) to get out more into my happy place.
looks like a nice place. think i'm gonna walk into the centre of town on the weekend. not quite a forest but love the gothic architecture and memories.

Photo I took the other week. Bought some books to read as well, currently going through Heidegger's Silence.
i've read a fuckton, and reread a fuckton. i feel excited by most of the books i have lined up but i don't enjoy reading for more than a couple of hours at once.

gonna reread godel, escher, bach after recommending it in another thread. will need to be sober for that and i am really looking forward to it, i think its the book that has most inspired me and had the greatest positive effect on my life choices. i often don't like things as much the second time round so its a risk but i'm willing to take it.

Lockdown? Its fuckin life that makes me drink... :\
true say.

i remember when i first started going to NA and they would say to call when i got a craving not realising that would be every single minute of every single day. or asked me what caused my cravings then looked at me funny when i said breathing. thankfully i haven't got to crack levels of addiction with booze where its almost painful not to ingest continously and don't plan to.

I've drank way less during this country's third lockdown but took more drugs so it's like a see saw effect with me. Sedatives mostly as I'm in the house most of the time but we try and get out once a day.

I really need to stop drinking. I've got it down to like 2-3 nights a week but still not happy.

But, lockdown is making it hard cos of the monotony.

Watching TV and playing video games gets boring after a while.

Last night i put in a valiant effort doing an exercise video then reading Camus but that only got me til 6.30.

There is only so much reading and practising my bass one can do.

Bought some board games but they are more fun with a beer.

I'm seriously considering working longer hours cos I like my job and I would have less evening to fill but the idea of working for free irks me and also I'm currently on a project about this pesky virus and the more i find out about it the more depressed i feel cos honestly we are fucked.

So, what do you guys do? Or are we all just drinking/drugging to numb ourselves to the monotony?
Research Chemicals

I'm curious chinup in your comment where you say we're "fucked" what you actually mean here?

We're not facing nuclear fallout, Liberian civil war with cross dressing cannibal warlords on the street (I suggest you watch the Vice documentary on the Liberian war) & then wipe your white, middle class tears away.

What's so bad? Hardly facing genocide are we?

I'm curious chinup in your comment where you say we're "fucked" what you actually mean here?
do you want the technical detail? if so i will dig out my notes and references.

broadly, positive selection is occurring at parts of the genome we really don't want it to- almost entirely on the S protein- the target for many vaccines and antiviral treatments, and is helping to evade host immune response. this makes sense from an evolutionary point of view (red queen) but i haven't seen anyone mentioning any reduction in pathogenicity, which i have been taught to expect as viruses evolve.

We're not facing nuclear fallout, Liberian civil war with cross dressing cannibal warlords on the street (I suggest you watch the Vice documentary on the Liberian war) & then wipe your white, middle class tears away.
oh yeah cos only white, middle class people are susceptible to this? my sister works in the humanitarian sector. she is usually fine deciding which group of displaced people to help and which won't get the money but this brings her to tears on a weekly basis.

i have watched the vice guide to liberia 10 years ago when it came out. tbh i was more afraid of the lack of sanitation in that area of monrovia than general buttnaked. given the ebola outbreak that took place in that area since (transmitted by bodily fluids) i think my instinct was correct.

That's the theory isn't it - that virus evolve to be less lethal to keep more hosts available. I was always a bit curious why the influenza pandemic didn't work like that tho - the first wave was basically common or garden, then the second wave killed millions. Then it went away. Wonder what the evolution of that was.

You have a point Chinup.

My view upon it is this & I will be blunt about it, every 100 years or so on a cycle of something comes along such as Spanish Flu for example to remove people as we breed like a horny Rabbit on a MDPV session, Nature is brutally savage BUT a mass culling must take place & that's what we are in. My plan has been to hide away till it's over & survive this removal of people.

Hope I will see you on the other side tbh, keep safe man.