• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What Is the Reason That Ends Your Binges besides running out of drugs or money or having work etc

You guys are talking mostly about uppers, right?
fuck addiction is horrible. what a description of an actual human life.
Technically, we are all addicts. We cling to life itself, although we know very well that that's not going to last. And we do and invent all kinds of shit to distract ourself from that fact, e.g. organized religion etc. Why struggle so hard ..?

i don't think i'm addicted to being alive. i feel utterly indifferent to it right now. wanting to live long tends to provoke healthy behaviour, whereas addiction is pathological so by definition doesn't.

and yes, uppers. though i've done long downer binges, they at least involve some sleep and tend to be less intense, though i realise that's a fucked jusgement cos drinking spirits the second you wake up is pretty intense. its just once you've been on a long stimulant binge where you have been out of your mind and using continuously for a long time with no sleep, it kinda warps your definition of a binge.

though i've done long downer binges, they at least involve some sleep and tend to be less intense,

Isn’t a downer binge just sitting or lying in the same place on the nod until it wears off and you do it all over again? Sounds quite relaxing so long as You are somewhere nice and not your car or a public restroom.

What ended my morphine binges was BF telling me I was nodding out in restaurants and unlike Oxys, I came to realize I really couldn’t be totally functional. I told my doc that the morphine wasn’t working and he promptly raised my Oxy dose and wrote no further morphine scripts.

What ended my morphine binges was BF telling me I was nodding out in restaurants and unlike Oxys, I came to realize I really couldn’t be totally functional. I told my doc that the morphine wasn’t working and he promptly raised my Oxy dose and wrote no further morphine scripts.
Yeah. I’d be terrified of losing my situational awareness like that. It happened a few times when I blacked out on benzos and booze and ended in tears.

Isn’t a downer binge just sitting or lying in the same place on the nod until it wears off and you do it all over again? Sounds quite relaxing so long as You are somewhere nice and not your car or a public restroom.

yes well i only really did it in my own house. it was fun except if you had to leave to get more booze or go to the cash point. when i was doing that i'd have piles of benzos around and get heroin delivered to my door. temazepam booze and heroin is still my all time favourite drug combo. and there gets to a point where you've been drunk for so long you are actually insane but with that combo in your system its somehow funny and not scary. even if i wanted to i wouldn't risk doing those together now i'd probably die but at the time i was addicted to all 3 so had a decent tolerance.

Hey @alarminglynefarious
Like (i presume) most people, i gravitate towards the pleasant and try to avoid the unpleasant. This drive seems to always be there as long as my life is run by my stupid ego. Sometimes i use external substances, sometimes i act in ways that make my body preduce the stuff that will do it. So that's that.

Personally, i was never really after being on <whatever> 24/7, or every waking hour for that matter. Regular/daily yes, but i want to come down in between, use my brain, be somewhat functional, reach a baseline. (I know there are drugs and/or use patterns that do not compromise that, more or less.) Don't know if this classifies as "binges".

I guess, my main reason for stopping is negative effects, that ranged from
  • shocking crashes after prolonged abuse, e.g. nasty alcohol ODs
  • bodily changes, e.g. after treating my opioid receptors for too long; constipation, getting emaciated
  • the mind-terror i make myself becomes unbearable, like "get your fucking shit together, you're scum, etc."
  • "boredome"/tolerance, e.g. the drug of choice doesn't deliver anymore etc.
I think it's a classic addiction issue, isn't it? Commonality behind all this reasons to stop seems to be, to have found something better. Whether its "i just want some sleep", or "this use pattern prevents me from doing things i would like to", ..or maybe even "i don't want to die". The heartbreaking truth for many addicts (and i'm sure one of them) seems that the suffering and destruction of using becomes greater that the excitement it brings or the pain one tries to escape from. Maybe i'm wrong, anyway..
S+ post.

I try not to go over 3 nights of no sleep, but for me every shot after the first one becomes harder and harder for me to get (bloods thicker, I’m less steady and my veins aren’t good to begin with).
Usually though I end it after I’m no longer getting a rush or even high, then I know it’s over.

During my stimulant days, I would keep going until the crash found it the best way than sleep for a few days get up, and do it again. All that changed when someone mentioned doing a boot after a few day mission . My life changed that day after finding heroin I thought I had found the golden ticket to sleep after coke . Heroin saved my marriage not many people can say that

Until I mentally am finished.. I don’t think I have a trigger but I will randomly just stop. Unfortunately it usually involves me flushing lots of $$ worth down the toilet.

Until I mentally am finished.. I don’t think I have a trigger but I will randomly just stop. Unfortunately it usually involves me flushing lots of $$ worth down the toilet.
You mean you dispose (the rest of) your drugs after a binge sometimes? If so, i don't think this is random, i think there is a strong trigger there! Just needs a little investigation..
I have done and observed this with myself too.

You mean you dispose (the rest of) your drugs after a binge sometimes? If so, i don't think this is random, i think there is a strong trigger there! Just needs a little investigation..
I have done and observed this with myself too.
Thanks. Perhaps it puts my mind at ease.. after I have induced as much guilt as possible due to the binge... perhaps the least I can do is have no drugs in my possession? I do suffer a huge amount of guilt from my substance abuse.

420 posts. How alarmingly nefarious of you.

Probably when I feel better not using anything for physiological reasons. Maybe I even pushed it too far mentally.

I would like to think I try to avoid binges though if I can help it. Certainly not how it is though...

My latest just ended thanks to 3 successive bunk deals where it was close to 30 % cut, an absence of any further cash for another 2 weeks, and tolerance so high I literally felt I was injecting pure saline. Being a few days past the end of it I marvel at at my own stupidity/commitment/enthusiasm pushing it as far as I did for such diminishing returns.

Physically and mentally I could easily keep going but I just wouldn’t be feeling a thing and it would be pissing away money.

Perhaps it puts my mind at ease.. after I have induced as much guilt as possible due to the binge... perhaps the least I can do is have no drugs in my possession? I do suffer a huge amount of guilt from my substance abuse.

These both hit home pretty uncannily.
I must've impulse flushed hundreds of dollars worth of good gear down the toilet during some very bad comedowns in the first few weeks following my relapse after 13 years clean. Big bags that i probably used less than a quarter of lol. *cringe*
The guilt was beyond terrible, and still is, because a year later, I haven't stopped and no one knows. 😞