• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids What is 'the nod'?

Gotta say I was disappointed by tianeptine on its own. I'm assuming the issue is just rapid tolerance buildup, since I so often read of people getting into doses of grams a day, but I hadn't done any strong opiates for months before the weekend just gone and already tianeptine is feeling very weak.

That said it does seem to work well as a potentiator for other opis. If I take it at the same time as DHC for example I will get stronger effects than from DHC alone.

I also noticed when I took low doses alongside oxy on the weekend I got very strong dreamy nods.

Again I would not expect this to last a long time due to rapid tolerance, however instead of throwing your tianeptine away take it in moderate doses alongside other opiates and you should feel a nice synergy.

Also interesting is apparently tianeptine will cancel out the respiratory depression from morphine when taken together. I'm not sure how conclusive this is, I think it's just this one study on rats so don't take it as gospel, but if this is indeed a property of tianeptine in humans it may very well be a harm reduction tool.

Interesting Wilson! Thanks for the feedback! I guess I won't toss them quite yet! ;) i wonder if cancelling out any respiratory depression would also cancel out any potential nod? Hmm.

I'm nodding (I guess it IS nodding) mostly when I sit in front of the laptop. once I had to laugh very much because I woke up with my head on the table but thankfully I hurt nothing :D I love this feeling - eyes closed - no.... eyes open..... and so on..Eyes closed. In between like dreams or conversations with anybody that is not here (saying "yes, indeed" or "turn left by the next t-junktion" I "woke" up in laughter. :D

Sometimes I wake up in the funniest positions but thank god i never hurted anything. Also directly after having that pose for hours? also there is no tension in my back. but hopefully nobody never ever have to see me in that kind of condition ;)

JJ

Last edited:
What is 'the nod'?

Its when my (now) wife & I were watching the same TV show
and she'd say " you were just watching the last 10 minutes of the show with your eyes closed"

then I would smile, but she wouldnt

Definitely not I can assure you of that. I was nodding very heavily on oxy combined with tianeptine last weekend.

Interesting. Thanks for the info and conversation Wilson. I enjoyed it. Wondering how safe it would be to mix tianpetine and tramadol, so I am going to look into this more. If tianapetine does in fact affect serotonin, I can't imagine it would be very safe or may very well just be uncomfortable or do nothing at all. My tolerance might be well too high for tianpetine though too. Even in the 200-300mg of the sulfate, I felt relatively nothing. :\ Wasn't a cheap buy either unfortunately.

Last edited:
Interesting. Thanks for the info and conversation Wilson. I enjoyed it. Wondering how safe it would be to mix tianpetine and tramadol, so I am going to look into this more. If tianapetine does in fact affect serotonin, I can't imagine it would be very safe or may very well just be uncomfortable or do nothing at all. My tolerance might be well too high for tianpetine though too. Even in the 200-300mg of the sulfate, I felt relatively nothing. :\ Wasn't a cheap buy either unfortunately.

Yeah mixing with tramadol is something I would be very wary of, you don't wanna end up with serotonin syndrome.

Yeah mixing with tramadol is something I would be very wary of, you don't wanna end up with serotonin syndrome.

For sure. I didn't find any conflicting reports about mixing the two really, but decided against it anyway as I'm sure with my tolerance, it would mostly be sides effects and no fun.

The nod is a state of bliss; you're relaxed like you've never been before and any pain or troubles currently going on in your life melt away. You're trying to stay awake but keep slipping into a state between sleeping and waking. Your eyes close and you find yourself unable to keep your head up (hence the nod). You slip into this half waking state and start having dreams/movies playing behind your eyes. During a good nod you'll find yourself slipping in and out of this little personal wonderland for hours. It's pretty much the best feeling in the world. Unlike drugs like K or DMT you retain a lot of control over what you're seeing within these waking dreams. For a more detailed description look up "morphine dreams".

The main issue with the nod is the lack of control over your own body. You can't stay awake, you're prone to doing things like leaving a torch running for several minutes, you're riding a fine line between overdose and nod the entire time. As you progress with opioids it becomes harder and harder to obtain a proper nod and you must increase the dose. With non-prescription opioids you might take too much because you don't know the strength of each batch (do small test doses before shooting for the nod). After many months/years of chasing the nod you can find yourself in a situation where you're spending hundreds of dollars a day to obtain a short nod if you manage to get one at all. Opioids end up being something you have to take at all waking hours to avoid w/d. You brain is re-programmed to seek out opioids above all else. You'll opt for them over things like food/rent and steal from your loved ones to afford them. Every time you'll tell yourself you're going to do it just this one last time and quit forever. You justify your actions like stealing to yourself because you need them like you need food and you just want to stop feeling horrible. Your tolerance ends up being so high that you might start mixing in drugs like benzos or alcohol to help induce a nod which puts you at even more risk of ODing.

A strong nod is probably the best drug experience on Earth for those that don't prefer uppers. It's very peaceful but once you're in the nod it's hard to talk yourself out of constantly redosing to extend it. There were many times where I fell into the trap and would wake up the next day to discover I had nothing left to prevent w/d. This would lead to instantly seeking out more of the drugs, obtaining as many as I could, shooting for the nod again and ending up in the same situation the next morning. There is another problem with strong nods where you'll slip off and fall asleep thus wasting the opioids. It happened many times to me.

In short: you find yourself under a warm blanket, all your pain is gone, you have no hunger, no anxiety, any problems of the day no longer matter, and if you're lucky you have your own private movie screen right behind your eyes.

I hardly remember my nods/dreams but once I swear i was in bed
p but also awake(no it wasn't sleep parillysis anyway I somehow managed to levitate at will it was scary and awesome usually all I remember is not quite waking up but being aware that I'm dribbling down my top and dont give a fuck when you remember that you know u had a good sesh smokingciggarates helps so does weed but weed can enhance it to much..

I hardly remember my nods/dreams but once I swear i was in bed
p but also awake(no it wasn't sleep parillysis anyway I somehow managed to levitate at will it was scary and awesome usually all I remember is not quite waking up but being aware that I'm dribbling down my top and dont give a fuck when you remember that you know u had a good sesh smokingciggarates helps so does weed but weed can enhance it to much..
i used to love weed with my morphine, these days i love to shoot up my morphine clean without any other drugs.

People need to learn to "respect the nod"! There is a whole school of people who believe they should hit you with NarCan, if your nodding off and won't respond to their nagging. Those people should be terminated

I found out that a lot of Benzos plus a big Indica-Joint lets me nod - and it's sooo nice. I also have the feeling I'm dreaming but are not sleeping and sometimes I "wake up" because I told something to anybody, last time I was asked somewhat but I replied loudly wich led me interrupt the nod but not for long... I love this amazing feeling.

Good night all.

JJ

Does weed interfere with the nod? I'm getting a few hydros soon and I'm wanting to pair it with some bud, and I'd rather not waste them.

When you ask in medicine "Could this possible?" and even you now it is not possible, next day people show you something completely different, that also worked which you had never ever believed.

And weed plus benzos, it just pushes you into other dimensions... So does weed with al lot of ofher substances.

JJ

I'm pretty sure codeine has a ceiling dosage meaning you can only get so high no matter how much you take maybe I'm wrong
Take
30mg perk you'll nod
50-100mg hydro you'll nod
10-20mg of opana n you'll nod
50-100mg of morphine and you'll nod

These dosages are for people who are tolerant

When you ask in medicine "Could this possible?" and even you now it is not possible, next day people show you something completely different, that also worked which you had never ever believed.

And weed plus benzos, it just pushes you into other dimensions... So does weed with al lot of ofher substances.

JJ
Indeed JJ, marijuana Is the best potentiator out there. It just enhances the experience of almost evrry single drug.

I'm pretty sure codeine has a ceiling dosage meaning you can only get so high no matter how much you take maybe I'm wrong
Take
30mg perk you'll nod
50-100mg hydro you'll nod
10-20mg of opana n you'll nod
50-100mg of morphine and you'll nod

These dosages are for people who are tolerant
you are wrong and right some people such as myself are an exception I have taken 3000 mg after experimenting I think somedays you can convert more and other days you can't if you are a rapid metaboliser on and that 3000mgs was one of the best highs I had in years the only better high I got from codeine was when I first upped the dose from 150mg roughly to 300mg which is nothing but I was a push mann if felt so tucking good I kept hugging my cat tightly I swear she could feel the high off me and watched Tom and Jerry I had a kind of ritual where when my mum went sleep I would sneak downstairs swallow some codeine roll a couple jays anyone nod out and when I woke up smoke them this was back when I was 16 and lived in Nottingham which have the best quality/prices/sizes in the whole of uk plus to my delight I realized codeine made it so I only had to do half my normal cannabis dose I love codeine the nod is so much cleaner and full then heroin on heroin you either hit the spot nicely or just pass the fuc k out make a fool of yourself in front of your woman all the whole smiling like a fucking idiot