• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What is the Most Visual Psychedelic?

I never had and never will take psychedelics. No questions please. I'm just not gonna do it. Like Opiates. The difference is that I tried almost every opi but always had bad experiences. Psychedelics I never took. But have fun guys!!! :)

JJ

Tie between 2cB and candy flipping

Yes! The single most intensely visual trip I've had (more than the high dose mushrooms) was candy flipping. I saw my friend sitting across from me dissipating and then reforming as soon as the dust was gone. In a loop. And I became intertwined in my partner and saw us become one on a cellular level.

Well, I know that my answer will not be entirely attractive ...
Useless, but fun survey.

It will depend mainly on the dose and the subject doing the experiment. You can sort the substances by affinity (Ki values) to the different receptors involved in hallucinations, and this is possibly the only scientific data that you are going to obtain if you need an answer that is rigorous with reality.

For me the most visual journey has been with a massive dose of MDMA and grass.
DMT and derivatives are very visual too.
Salvia is absolute madness.

Salvia too me is the most crazy in terms of visuals. Insane vibrating of the world. Everything becomes sinister in nature. It feels like 1000 spiders are crawling up me. The salvia trip is very dark for me. I have had short funny experiences from it but anytime i break through its hell. The salvia visuals are very different to any tryptamine or even phenethylamine . Some cannbanoids have similar sort of feeling for me to salvia

A light dose of salvia (if you can finagle your pipe to keep it down to a lighter dose) is very visual from mere color enhancement to large blocks of carved colored jello formations, thickets growing at high speed, and villages, gardens, crazy toys etc. but when the dose gets heavier, or just later into the minutes after letting out the smoke, flight or fight may kick in as anything dark portends, or even the light offends. very hard to predict how salvia may go. I may give it a whirl again a bit later, did it a few times since this thread, which reminded me how great I know it is.

after all is said and done the afterglow usually improves the mood significantly and philosophically

For me the most visual journey has been with a massive dose of MDMA

Oh yeah on MDMA and Amphetamine powder I was at a rave and had to keep sitting down as the MDMA was strong but a bit to sketchy, people coming towards me had the face of Shrek and I thought they was masks until they got closer and their Shrek faces melted off and thier normal faces came out, I'd close my eyes and see swirls it was cool but I couldn't appreciate it as I knew I looked silly with my eyes shut

Smoked, salvia and DMT

Insufflated, DPT is king. I was never much of one for nasal administration though so not a lot of points of reference

Orally, 5-MeO-AMT and 2C-T-7 were consistently stellar but mushrooms got me a few times with close to DMT visuals. Really good MDMA or MDA has hit 5-MeO-AMT “holy fuck nothing I am seeing right now is real but my eyes are open” levels many times too and without sending me on a journey to blow my insides out into the toilet and the bathtub simultaneously.

It’s all about dose really.

DXM in a dark room with the right music can get insane too and closed eyes, DXM has no equal IMO.

Personally it’s DMT for me, though sometimes its more of a black void I’ve found Combining any psychedelic with weed makes the visuals go CRAZY though and honestly even cannabis alone tends to have more intense visuals than standard dose psychedelics for me

That sounds fucking wicked, I'd love that

I remember sitting there on the subway and laughing hard and I kept telling my mate to get a hold of himself. I found it really amusing that he was dissipating in front of me. Better him than me, I guess. ;)

The cellular thing was just intense....I'll never forget it.

Good times with the candyflip!

What is that and what is is 5-MeO-DMT are both related to DMT? as I wouldn't do that ever for personal reasons and beliefs
What are your personal reasons and beliefs for not doing DMT-related tryptamines but doing other psychedelic drugs?

What are your personal reasons and beliefs for not doing DMT-related tryptamines but doing other psychedelic drugs?

I'm on about the drug DMT the strong one that shouldn't be used for fun, not mushrooms etc as I had no idea mushrooms had a DMT in their name lol I'm on about the the substance DMT

I think we might see what's on the other side, I think we shouldn't know what's out there till we go

I think maybe we see the after life, we only release DMT when we're born and when we die, so we obviously need it both times to see us into the world and see us out, what if you use it all up smoking it, and are in agony or fear when you pass over and you can't reach where your going as you've either already been or can't reach it as not enough DMT left, you may agure its extra DMT you're smoking not you're own but no one knows as the only people that can tell us are dead

What if you have a smoke of DMT like my friend did and have a good time, see all those little creatures and have so much fun you go back, when you go back they tell you not to come back again but you do and they tell you you're going to die alone

Yeah thats why

DMT isn't released at birth or death - that was just rick strassman blowing it out of his ass.

DMT is an incredibly psychedelic beautiful drug that's all about life and allowing your brain to express itself to it's full capability. Gives me the most intense laughing fits I've ever had in my life. It is the funniest drug I've ever tried - abolutely laying on the floor kicking my legs in the air laughing funny.

Can anyone here compare a high dose mushroom trip to DMT in terms of visuals?

I've never done DMT but found the high dose mushroom trip to be quite visual at times.

DMT is basically like mushrooms multiplied by 10. Everything is more vivid, music is more beautiful, the laughter is more hilarious. I like it in the form of 4-aco-dmt as ordinary DMT taken orally makes you vomit.

DMT isn't released at birth or death - that was just rick strassman blowing it out of his ass.

DMT is an incredibly psychedelic beautiful drug that's all about life and allowing your brain to express itself to it's full capability. Gives me the most intense laughing fits I've ever had in my life. It is the funniest drug I've ever tried - abolutely laying on the floor kicking my legs in the air laughing funny.
lol DMT is released at death they even proven it now in studies in 2019. They induced NDE in rats and their brain got flooded with dmt.

Imho, PEAs (especially 25x) simply produce more vibrant visuals prominently and consistently, possibly it's just that they are more pleasant visuals I enjoy.

Trypts have that alien feeling that distracts me from visuals and is much more of a mentally fulfilling and cleansing feeling.

I feel my most perfectly balanced visual long lasting trips have been 2c-x compounds + 4-aco-dmt. Just always feels fucking zen for me, better than any simple narcotic.

BUT, disregard all that and I'd say smoked dmt produced the most directly intense and unfathomable visuals. Also ranked up there would be 4-aco-dmt taken IV. THAT is a crazy one and special for me personally.

tl;Dr there will be pretty colors either way, and they're all hype

Last edited:
I mean, Strassman was blowing it out of his ass in true classic wishful-thinking psychedelic mythologizing fashion, but I guess he got sort of lucky :LOL:

Here's the study, but it's only one, and the usual caveats apply:

Interesting study pyth. I suppose I should've said "released at death in quantities large enough to make you trip balls". It would be useful to know if this is what happens to most things in the brain when you go into cardiac arrest or if it's unique to DMT and whether the concentration of DMT varies over the day in response to sleep, stress, exercise etc.

Must admit I find it hard seeing how a pineal gland about the size of a grain of rice can instantly produce 10-50mg of DMT - multiple times it's own weight. And I've never read an NDE that sounded like a DMT trip either.

Be interesting to find out where this idea "DMT makes you feel like you''re dying dude" came from. I've taken an absolute shitload of DMT but I usually take it orally - never felt I was "dying" once. Not ever remotely close. Felt absolutely on top of the world, at my absolute peak and buzzing with the thrill of life. Maybe if I was taking it in a room with a bunch of teenage mates smoking it and everyone saying "Dude you'll feel like you are dying". Then perhaps smoking it with that in your ears creates the experience of "Dude,where's my car? I'm dying".

Last edited: