View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What is the Most Visual Psychedelic?

Ololiuqui

Greenlighter
What in your opinion is the most visual psychedelic? With a special interest in novel compounds i.e research chemicals.

Some context: For one who has longterm and fairly extensive experience with all of the classic psychedelics: LSD, psilocybin, ayahuasca, san pedro, smoked DMT. I have recently been rereading some of Shulgin's work (especially TIHKAL), haven't really looked at it much in quite a while. And reading reports here on 4-HO-MET one is intrigued by this compound as many reports claim it is 'more visual' that psilocybin (it being a psilocybin analogue of sorts), is short acting, with less of the psychedelic incoherency or 'mindfuck' as it's sometimes called around here. Intrigued enough to seek some out.

So this leads one to question what in your opinions are some of the most visual and short acting psychedelic compounds that are currently out there and generally available? Also can we perhaps qualify what we mean by the 'most visual'? And one empasizes a special interest in short acting compounds, hence the interest in 4-HO-MET. The extremely long duration of compunds like Bromo Dragon Fly, DOB etc. is not ideal. I think generally we can limit the discussion to tryptamines, but let's keep it open. One is interested for your opinions...

Short and heavily visual = DMT. some of the phenethylamines can have very strong visuals in high doses. ETH-LAD is supposed to be ver visual as well. No personal experience with it yet.

I would say that any huge dose would probably be very visual but all other effects increase along aswel.

salvia is very visual,
weed is visual
lysergamides is visual
I have never combined all three, but I think it would be nuts

Bufotenine (5-HO-DMT) hands down, which is also my answer to best/least known and used psychedelic. Unless you are gifted in extraction you probably won’t ever see it, but it is absolutely breathtakingly visual.

That being said, as Aeon alluded to, its kind of a pointless question unless you are creating an equivalency of dosage between different substances. For me something like:

35mg vaped DMT=1 oz orally ingested shrooms=1.5g mescaline=1mg LSD

The above is just an example and I’m probably light on the dosage for mescaline & lsd but hopefully you get the idea.

My friends and I have concluded that it’s a matter of how much physical bullshit you can handle rather than one substance being markedly more visual than another. Vaped DMT’s saving grace is the short duration (bufotenine is similar tho takes longer to reach peak visuals and lasts about twice as long), whereas most people would not choose to endure the prolonged vomiting from high dose psilocybin, and the relentless stimulation and duration of mescaline & lsd at higher doses.

Then you factor in tolerance and the whole comparison goes to shit lol.

I’d also submit that salvia is on par with DMT & Bufotenine but lacks the typical symmetry of the latter two, but high dose quidding of salvia is a first rate visual experience every bit the equal of any other psychedelic. It’s almost criminally underrated in my book.

Haven’t tried any of the psychedelic Phenethylamines/amphetamines aside from mescaline & 2c-b but some of those are reported to be incredibly visual as well.

It’s definitely an interesting question that my friends and I have spent considerable time pondering and this is our best answer to the question, and like all things in life your mileage may vary.

All that being said if I was to give someone looking for the most visual experience I could, I’d dip into my crystal Bufotenine stash and have them vape 20-25mg and report back in 1 hour or so haha.

Many psychedelics replace 100% of your visual field with their own visuals after a certain dose.

So, the answer depends on what you have in mind.
What psychedelic gives the most colors? / fractals? / visions?

Different users also do not get the same visuals.
For example, I always get a full field of fractals on 5-MeO-DMT, while many people say it's not visual at all.
I also only get fractals, and not "things", on ayahuasca, while others report seeing places/beings/objects.

I wonder if it's even possible to have a psychedelic that is "all visual" with no other headspace alterations? My instinct would be to say that even the most visually heavy substance would still include some mental shifting. I know you mentioned specifically tryptamines, but I think I've read that some of the 2Cs have a pretty lucid headspace but are still visual.

I'm forgetting the name, but there was an RC in TiHKAL that caused sound to be heard distorted and off-pitch (one of the DMT analogs maybe?) I'd be interested to know if alongside that there was also cognitive shifting.

I'm forgetting the name, but there was an RC in TiHKAL that caused sound to be heard distorted and off-pitch (one of the DMT analogs maybe?) I'd be interested to know if alongside that there was also cognitive shifting.
You're thinking about DiPT :)

reading reports here on 4-HO-MET one is intrigued by this compound as many reports claim it is 'more visual' that psilocybin (it being a psilocybin analogue of sorts), is short acting, with less of the psychedelic incoherency or 'mindfuck' as it's sometimes called around here. Intrigued enough to seek some out.

Sounds really good to me, I'm looking for visuals and no mindfuck psychedelics too, I finnaly got hold of 2cb tonight, they're so hard to find, hopefully they're legit but both times done 2cb before I loved it

Bufotenine (5-HO-DMT) hands down

What is that and what is is 5-MeO-DMT are both related to DMT? as I wouldn't do that ever for personal reasons and beliefs

What is 4-HO-MET and also what's a tryptamines?

But I just re read and magic mushrooms are tryptamines too? I'm so confused as loads of the tryptamines have DMT in the mix of letters in their names

Eat enough LSD til you are no longer having a human experience. DMT + LSD together mind fuck i saw my crazy mate take salvia while peaking on lsd and said it would never be able to put into words i have yet to push myself that far to take a already fucking crazy thing called salvia and then go smoke it on lsd. Salvia is even more fucking scary and nuts than dmt. If i could only smoke it and not having my physical body go and do its own thing while somewhere in the multiverse i would def explore it more.

I need to go somewhere into the jungle and get a shaman who will acutally cook up the strongest ayahusca brew they have and not the weak shit they give to tourists i want to be thrown into the abyss deep with no way out to see the furthest reaches of human consciousness. Is it even a ayahusca trip if the person doesn;t start begging the shaman to blow their fucking brains out to the end the trip its so powerful i want to take the ceiling dose and see how far things goes for myself.