• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What is the most addictive substance?

Pussy. But it never comes around.

drugs that don’t have a good leaving group are addictive. Like withdrawal.

let’s talk about drugs that aren’t addictive. Acid. I could go ten years wo doing that again. Fucking nuts.

If the parameter for defining the most addictive drug is "the one with most addicts", which seems reasonable, then it's either tobacco or alcohol.

I don't think number of addicts is a good measure, as you really need to look at both rate of exposure (if something has never been a part of your world, it's hard to get addicted to it), and severity of the results of use that will still keep you doing it despite the drawbacks. Cigarettes are everywhere and were extremely heavily advertised and pushed on people for a long time. Furthermore, you can use them without going broke, and without suffering serious negative repercussions, except chronically over the course of a lifetime. People don't become homeless, ruin all of their relationships, catch diseases, and prostitute themselves out for nicotine. I somehow doubt you'd see many, if any, people doing some of the stuff and compromising themselves in some of the ways that people do for the really addictive drugs like opiates and meth. if they illegalized and heavily demonized/punished tobacco usage, I bet lots more people would suddenly find the willpower to quit. In fact, tobacco use has gone way down since previous decades, and this is simply due to a more aggressive dissemination of the true risks of smoking, and the reduction/elimination of advertising. And yet, the widespread abuse of opiates and meth is worse than ever.

I would say any drug that physically addictive and I would say any drug containing opium it not only mentally addictive-like coke or meth without it your whole body goes to shit. And it affects so many people everywhere Europe Asia and North America. I have been addicted to crank coke and heroin and while the first 2 are hard to give up they not leave you on the toilet while puking into the bin with anxiety that makes you scream. Even when you stop get through all that it has a way of pulling you back in

Just seen chemically enhanced post about alcohol and have to agree with him

Last edited:
People say Nicotine, but I VERY STRONGLY disagree, I think that misconception is because of how commonly it is used.

For me, no drug has anything on alcohol (x2 considering alcohol withdrawal kills)
After that I'd say Opioids/Barbiturates.

People say Nicotine, but I VERY STRONGLY disagree, I think that misconception is because of how commonly it is used.

For me, no drug has anything on alcohol (x2 considering alcohol withdrawal kills)
After that I'd say Opioids/Barbiturates.
Forgot all about alcohol should not have my old man and half my family alcholics

I quit cigarettes after 25 years, drinking hard after 10 but the withdrawals to methadone and fentadope i just can't shake.

For me, crack and meth. And good heroin. All of it im able to stop before dependency, although crack in particular i spend all my money. If it didn't make me psychotic, meth might take the cigar. Nicotine though, has been the only thing to get me dependent, perhaps due to using it at such a young age (14)

I quit cigarettes after 25 years, drinking hard after 10 but the withdrawals to methadone and fentadope i just can't shake.

I quit Methadone cold turkey (quit because I gained 30lbms and had SEVERE secondary hyperhidrosis and did it cold tukey because the clinic planned to taper me off over 12 months and told me I'd feel "somewhat unwell" the entire year). I wasn't on a particularly high dose (60mg/day) but I was also using probably a gram of heroin a day, too and also quit that.
I felt relatively okay for about 10 days and then I was very drastically ill for 10 weeks (think acute heroin withdrawal but for 70 days).
I improved a lot after that but the PAWS never went away until I started taking morphine about 6 months later (from a doctor, I have severe chronic pain and need opioids to live). I think Methadone is worse than almost any other opioid because of the insane amount of time the withdrawal goes on for. Considering it was synthesised by the Nazi's, I shouldn't be surprised.

I quit Methadone cold turkey (quit because I gained 30lbms and had SEVERE secondary hyperhidrosis and did it cold tukey because the clinic planned to taper me off over 12 months and told me I'd feel "somewhat unwell" the entire year). I wasn't on a particularly high dose (60mg/day) but I was also using probably a gram of heroin a day, too and also quit that.
I felt relatively okay for about 10 days and then I was very drastically ill for 10 weeks (think acute heroin withdrawal but for 70 days).
I improved a lot after that but the PAWS never went away until I started taking morphine about 6 months later (from a doctor, I have severe chronic pain and need opioids to live). I think Methadone is worse than almost any other opioid because of the insane amount of time the withdrawal goes on for. Considering it was synthesised by the Nazi's, I shouldn't be surprised.
It takes months for the paws to go away for me think that what takes us back just to feel normal and end the torture of waking up wishing you was dead no hapiness no energy the fatigue and depression which you know will go away in minutes of using

It takes months for the paws to go away for me think that what takes us back just to feel normal and end the torture of waking up wishing you was dead no hapiness no energy the fatigue and depression which you know will go away in minutes of using

I think the depression, anxiety and intense boredom with most withdrawals/PAWS are very real. With alcohol PAWS I was always driving that struggle bus which led to me abusing my Zopiclone script to sleep my life away.

I think the depression, anxiety and intense boredom with most withdrawals/PAWS are very real. With alcohol PAWS I was always driving that struggle bus which led to me abusing my Zopiclone script to sleep my life away.
Sleep so much better then having to be awake and deal with all the shit. I turned to pregabalin took away the anxiety lifted my mood and made me energetic that not go well ended up addicted to them and struggled with on-off addiction to them .

Depends what you mean by addictive. What determines how "addictive" something is, for me, is how difficult it is to quit. Meth is addictive because it's great, not because it's difficult to quit temporarily.

So (from my limited experience) I'd say benzos or opiates. I feel stupid saying it but: weed is pretty addictive too if you smoke it every day for years. I know a lot of people that really struggle to quit because of the withdrawals, which are much more significant than they get credit for... but definitely not in the same category as benzos / opiates.

If I had to chose, I'd say benzos.

Sleep so much better then having to be awake and deal with all the shit. I turned to pregabalin took away the anxiety lifted my mood and made me energetic that not go well ended up addicted to them and struggled with on-off addiction to them .

I'm (probably permanently) cut off from "proper" anxiety meds as I have a history of benzo abuse and once I lied to a doctor to get a Phenobarbital prescription (NEVER thought it'd work, but she wrote me a 3 month script for 180 x 60mg pills) and later used them to try and kill myself (VERY nearly worked...I was made homeless so took them in a library while listening to my fav songs one last time on one of their internet computers. They have large, separate, individual bathrooms, so I planned to go into one of them and lock it as soon as I felt the pills starting to kick in..but they hit me very hard and suddenly and I fell unconscious in public....I was apparently in a coma before the paramedics got there (in less than 5 mins) and I woke up in Intensive Care on a ventilator a week later)...
Sorry, getting off topic, but because of that I'm basically addicted to Gabapentin for the same reasons you are Pregabalin.

Last edited: