• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

What is the brand/type of saliva test shown in this photo?

RRMM

Greenlighter

This is the type of secondary roadside drug test (used after failing the blue bar type ones you scrape down your tongue that most people recognise from photos) used by Victoria Police. Can anybody tell me the brand or at least what this type is called (don't say "saliva test" or "oral fluid test", I'm looking for the technical name please). There are numerous saliva test brands/types used, I need to know the name of this specific flat, "paddle" style one. The handle is a thin collection tube for the saliva that the pad absorbs while it sits in your mouth.

The pad from this test is sent to a lab for "analysis", which brings me to my next question - does anybody know the type of analysis that is conducted, ie: immunosorbent assay, etc? And does anybody have good information on whether this laboratory analysis is capable of differentiating the source of the positive result, as in, if you take pseudoephedrine cold and flu tablets will the analysis return the same result as if you had smoked meth? Can the analysis tell the difference?
TIA.

I can’t answer your specific question but after extensive research it seems to me that most roadside drug tests used in Australia can differentiate between methamphetamine and other forms of amphetamine.

They do not detect pseudoephidrine or prescription ADHD stimulants.

I can’t answer your specific question but after extensive research it seems to me that most roadside drug tests used in Australia can differentiate between methamphetamine and other forms of amphetamine.

They do not detect pseudoephidrine or prescription ADHD stimulants.
Thanks for your reply. Where did you manage to find that information?

Thanks for your reply. Where did you manage to find that information?
I googled ‘random drug testing’ for each state in Australia and followed the links. I also looked at the manufacturer websites for lots of test kit suppliers in Australia.

How long does meth stay in system if only use 2 days in whole life shit is gross

I just did one through the mail for my psychiatrist. I found that oil pulling mixed with manic teeth brushing and swishing with alcohol literally less than 5 minutes before the test prevented anything from showing up, even thc consumed literally right beforehand. I hear the saliva refreshes every 15 minutes so for random stops this info is useless but nonetheless

I just did one through the mail for my psychiatrist. I found that oil pulling mixed with manic teeth brushing and swishing with alcohol literally less than 5 minutes before the test prevented anything from showing up, even thc consumed literally right beforehand. I hear the saliva refreshes every 15 minutes so for random stops this info is useless but nonetheless

This is great to know for those of us that have them for other reasons.

I’m curious for Aussies, what the fuck are these random stops? Aren’t people pissed off about them? Seems like a big waste of time among other things.

-GC

This is great to know for those of us that have them for other reasons.

I’m curious for Aussies, what the fuck are these random stops? Aren’t people pissed off about them? Seems like a big waste of time among other things.

-GC

Australians aren't Americans. All in all the line about what level of intrusion they will accept for the public good is muuuuch further on the collective good side compared to Americans.

Sure you have some people who get pissed off, you have Australians who have beliefs closer to the American average than the Australian and who go nuts and start crying sovereign citizen and shit.

But they're a much smaller minority here.

All in all the public accepts drug driving and drink driving checkpoints in the name of safety.

That's my perception anyway as a dual Australian American citizen who grew up in one and then moved to the other retaining family and friends in both.

Australians aren't Americans. All in all the line about what level of intrusion they will accept for the public good is muuuuch further on the collective good side compared to Americans.

Sure you have some people who get pissed off, you have Australians who have beliefs closer to the American average than the Australian and who go nuts and start crying sovereign citizen and shit.

But they're a much smaller minority here.

All in all the public accepts drug driving and drink driving checkpoints in the name of safety.

That's my perception anyway as a dual Australian American citizen who grew up in one and then moved to the other retaining family and friends in both.

We’ll see how you feel when they catch you up one day... Last I checked heroin is far from legal. Unless you simply don’t drive, in which case I’d say your privileged and a minority.

I suppose you Aussies must love your strip searches too, a finger up the ass just to enter a festival sounds really progressive!! I’m assuming that doesn’t effect you either though...

We’re over here legalizing psychedelics and you guys can’t even get harm reduction programs like testing programs to stick. Face it, ya’ll got a lot of work to do just like we do.

-GC

We’ll see how you feel when they catch you up one day... Last I checked heroin is far from legal. Unless you simply don’t drive, in which case I’d say your privileged and a minority.

I suppose you Aussies must love your strip searches too, a finger up the ass just to enter a festival sounds really progressive!! I’m assuming that doesn’t effect you either though...

We’re over here legalizing psychedelics and you guys can’t even get harm reduction programs like testing programs to stick. Face it, ya’ll got a lot of work to do just like we do.

-GC

First of all, I'm a dual australian american citizen, grew up in the US. Then moved to Australia.

Second of all, they already caught me. Not in a roadside checkpoint (those saliva tests don't check for opiates). I was pulled over, they correctly determined I was under the influence of heroin when I returned all clear for alcohol, so they arrested me and took me to the hospital to give a sample for testing.

I mean legally I could refuse to comply, but that in itself is a crime of similar if not worse severity.

Ok now, in the end, I got a huge fine (I had other drug related charges on top of this), and lost my license for a year.
And when it was all said and done, I didn't even have to pay that fine, once I got on a methadone program I got a work and development order which meant they would subtract a grand from my fine every month till it was clear. Provided I remained stable on the methadone program.

A close friend of mine from the US on the other hand, She also got caught driving on heroin, plus possession. She was initially released but was caught again (similar to me, it involved a few different drug charges).

They put her in jail.
For about a year.

Similar crime, all I got was a year of not being able to drive, she became a felon and ended up behind bars for a year.

So don't fucking get all patriotic with me about how great America is. I like living somewhere where I get cured of hep c for virtually free. I like living somewhere where clean needles, sterile water, etc, are all legal, and I don't even have to worry about getting in trouble if the cops find me with used needles in my car (I've literally had cops see my car with piles of used syringes in it. And they just let me go, no problem).

I like living somewhere where I can be on methadone, just drive a couple minutes to a regular pharmacy, just 3 times a week to get my dose. And otherwise all I gotta do is go see my doctor for a few minutes every 2 months. I don't even get drug tested for it.

Australia's not perfect, but as a heroin addict and someone who probably has a LOT more experience first hand with both countries than most people. I personally quite like it here.

Last edited:
How long does meth stay in system if only use 2 days in whole life shit is gross
You have been posting the same question repeatedly and off-topic across multiple sub-forums. I deleted one of your posts from TDS. Please refrain.