• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

Opioids What is the best way to make oxycodone ER into IR?

z76101

Greenlighter
I do not want to snort it or inject it. Can I mix it up in a drink or something? I'm only taking one 15mg pill so is that amount too small to where it would be pointless to mix in a drink? Don't have too much experience with oxycodone..

Thanks

HeadphonesandLSD

Bluelighter
If you're going to use it orally: drop the pill into a shot glass with some soda (coke works good). Let sit for 12-24 hours and consume it like you would a shot of liquor. The idea behind this is to replicate the environment in the stomach and allow it to break down in a similar fashion as it does inside the body. Also in the name of HR I advise not getting started with opioids but I'll spare you the long post about why it's a bad idea.

z76101

Greenlighter
If you're going to use it orally: drop the pill into a shot glass with some soda (coke works good). Let sit for 12-24 hours and consume it like you would a shot of liquor. The idea behind this is to replicate the environment in the stomach and allow it to break down in a similar fashion as it does inside the body. Also in the name of HR I advise not getting started with opioids but I'll spare you the long post about why it's a bad idea.

Thank you for your reply. I do have some experience with opioids mainly hydrocodone I just wanted to try some oxy because I hear it is better. I am nowhere near an addict to be honest. I know i dont have to tell you that but im just saying the last time i took any pills to get high off of was over a year ago. I think I read somewhere about putting it in soda and letting it sit but that person said 24 hours. I'm not in a rush but I was thinking there would be a quicker way to do it I guess not. Ill just have to get some IR next time. Thanks again :D

HeadphonesandLSD

Bluelighter
Thank you for your reply. I do have some experience with opioids mainly hydrocodone I just wanted to try some oxy because I hear it is better. I am nowhere near an addict to be honest. I know i dont have to tell you that but im just saying the last time i took any pills to get high off of was over a year ago. I think I read somewhere about putting it in soda and letting it sit but that person said 24 hours. I'm not in a rush but I was thinking there would be a quicker way to do it I guess not. Ill just have to get some IR next time. Thanks again :D
You're welcome. I don't want to get into a long back and forth about this but I did want to warn you that I started just like you did with opioids and it ended up becoming a daily thing for me for many years. The idea behind this method is longer would be better so 24 hours would probably be better than 12 hours. It has been so long since I attempted this I can't recall how much of a difference between 12 and 24 hours really is. I can tell you that the tablet will swell up and become very large while it's sitting in there and it will become a sludge. It's honestly very nasty and you'll probably have to wash the shot glass with water or more soda when you do it to get everything out of there.

There are other methods for turning it into IR which basically come down to grinding the tablet as much as possible and crisping it in an oven on glass until it turns a golden color. I do not suggest doing this because it takes practice to learn how to do it and you're prone to losing everything to the heat. It's very hard to find the sweet spot between the powder being white and burning/turning black. I know a lot of people that grind them down and consume the powder to help it release quicker. I know others that chew on them and let them sit in their mouth awhile before swallowing. The soda trick seemed to be the best way to go about it for me since oxycodone is more effectively orally than snorting. There is no point in IVing it either even if you have IRs because I've heard it really does not have any rush to it (I've personally never used the needle but my friend used it a lot).

I also don't think oxy is really "better" than hydrocodone. They're just different in effects. Oxycodone is more of a stimulating opioid until you're up in the higher end of the doses and hydrocodone seems more noddy/relaxing compared to it. When I was using opioids I never had a problem replacing one over the other and would often buy hydrocodone if given the choice because it was less desirable on the street for a long time. These days I don't take either anymore because the street price has gotten so high. When I was using opioids you could buy handfuls of them for next to nothing. The price really sky rocketed about a decade ago and it never came back down to the old prices.

Just be careful with this since you don't seem to have much tolerance. I don't think 15mg will be too much for you but you may want to consider spitting this dose in two. Basically drink half, wait an hour or two, then consume the rest if you feel like you aren't where you want to be. Also don't assume it'll all go IR even after 24 hours in the soda. The ER pills seem to have trouble breaking down for most people and I've heard stories of them coming out the other end without any change in shape. They're basically just a hard plastic.

Deru

Bluelighter
I remember using a hose clamp when Purdue switched to the OPs. The 80 mg were the only strength that worked for insufflation and allowed to bypass the abuse deterrent extended release, and it worked perfect to turn it into a fine powder.

I tried the crisping method so many times and never had any luck

evo4ever

Bluelighter
It depends on which formulation uve got, if they're OP's then ull have to bathe them in dilute hydrochloric acid for 12 hours then neutralize the solution with a little bicarb, or if they're OC's then simply crush and eat.

Last edited:

z76101

Greenlighter
You're welcome. I don't want to get into a long back and forth about this but I did want to warn you that I started just like you did with opioids and it ended up becoming a daily thing for me for many years. The idea behind this method is longer would be better so 24 hours would probably be better than 12 hours. It has been so long since I attempted this I can't recall how much of a difference between 12 and 24 hours really is. I can tell you that the tablet will swell up and become very large while it's sitting in there and it will become a sludge. It's honestly very nasty and you'll probably have to wash the shot glass with water or more soda when you do it to get everything out of there.

There are other methods for turning it into IR which basically come down to grinding the tablet as much as possible and crisping it in an oven on glass until it turns a golden color. I do not suggest doing this because it takes practice to learn how to do it and you're prone to losing everything to the heat. It's very hard to find the sweet spot between the powder being white and burning/turning black. I know a lot of people that grind them down and consume the powder to help it release quicker. I know others that chew on them and let them sit in their mouth awhile before swallowing. The soda trick seemed to be the best way to go about it for me since oxycodone is more effectively orally than snorting. There is no point in IVing it either even if you have IRs because I've heard it really does not have any rush to it (I've personally never used the needle but my friend used it a lot).

I also don't think oxy is really "better" than hydrocodone. They're just different in effects. Oxycodone is more of a stimulating opioid until you're up in the higher end of the doses and hydrocodone seems more noddy/relaxing compared to it. When I was using opioids I never had a problem replacing one over the other and would often buy hydrocodone if given the choice because it was less desirable on the street for a long time. These days I don't take either anymore because the street price has gotten so high. When I was using opioids you could buy handfuls of them for next to nothing. The price really sky rocketed about a decade ago and it never came back down to the old prices.

Just be careful with this since you don't seem to have much tolerance. I don't think 15mg will be too much for you but you may want to consider spitting this dose in two. Basically drink half, wait an hour or two, then consume the rest if you feel like you aren't where you want to be. Also don't assume it'll all go IR even after 24 hours in the soda. The ER pills seem to have trouble breaking down for most people and I've heard stories of them coming out the other end without any change in shape. They're basically just a hard plastic.

Thanks for this info! And what do you mean exactly when you say "ive heard stories of them coming out the other end without any change in shape"? Is that bad?

z76101

Greenlighter
It depends on which formulation uve got, if they're OP's then ull have to bathe them in dilute hydrochloric acid for 12 hours then neutralize the solution with a little bicarb, or if they're OC's then simply crush and eat.
Oh gosh I dont even know what you are talking about haha! This is turning into like a chemistry class :ROFLMAO:

z76101

Greenlighter
I remember using a hose clamp when Purdue switched to the OPs. The 80 mg were the only strength that worked for insufflation and allowed to bypass the abuse deterrent extended release, and it worked perfect to turn it into a fine powder.

I tried the crisping method so many times and never had any luck
What is the crisping method?

Shortec Stublue!!

Bluelighter
Simply this: Determine (and tell us) what you have (markings, dosage).

If it’s an Oxy that had a gastric resistant coating only, just powderise and swallow or insufflate. If an internal, compound bound, extended release mechanism, either enjoy a slow burn as is, or take heed of the advice above, and recreate stomach conditions!!!!!

Last edited:

evo4ever

Bluelighter
Oh gosh I dont even know what you are talking about haha! This is turning into like a chemistry class :ROFLMAO:
Basically u want to recreate the acidic environment in the stomach, stomach/gastric acid is just dilute hydrochloric acid, the acid attacks the outer shell of the tablet releasing the drug slowly but u'd have to wait at least 12 hours for the drug to diffuse into solution. If ur gonna attempt this then make sure the pH isn't too low before u drink the solution otherwise u could cause an acid burn in ur mouth/throat or at the very least cause an irritation. Use about a quarter of a teaspoon of bicarb to bring the pH back up and maybe add some fruit juice as well to mask the rancid flavour.

Last edited:

z76101

Greenlighter

If it’s an Oxy that had a gastric resistant coating only, just powderise and swallow or insufflate. If an internal, compound bound, extended release mechanism, either enjoy a slow burn as is, or take heed of the advice above, and recreate stomach conditions!!!!!
okay so its an m15 pill and my guy said they are the ER kind. I think ill just do the soda thing then and ill probably just leave one in the soda for 24 hours or at least over 12 hours :D

z76101

Greenlighter
Basically u want to recreate the acidic environment in the stomach, stomach/gastric acid is just dilute hydrochloric acid, the acid attacks the outer shell of the tablet releasing the drug slowly but u'd have to wait at least 12 hours for the drug to diffuse into solution. If ur gonna attempt this then make sure the pH isn't too low before u drink the solution otherwise u could cause an acid burn in ur mouth/throat or at the very least cause an irritation. Use about a quarter of a teaspoon of bicarb to bring the pH back up and maybe add some fruit juice as well to mask the rancid flavour.
thank you for this information! I have some baking soda so could I just add the amount you said in the soda without having to test the ph?

Shortec Stublue!!

Bluelighter
One of these guys will be able to pinpoint the specific ident and ER coating I suspect.

You will probably find crushing and using your preferred ROA will be fine!!!!

z76101

Greenlighter
One of these guys will be able to pinpoint the specific ident and ER coating I suspect.

Thank you :D
I only have 5 of them so ill just get 5 small cups fill them up with a little soda in each one and just put one pill in each to dissolve :ROFLMAO:

palm40

Bluelighter
Forget crisping
If OP oxy - consume a high fat meal. Wait 2 hours. This is essential for ph
Cut in half - you need very sharp knife
Place oxy between 2 back molars
Bite and scratch with teeth softly for 5 mins. Softly then a little harder. Keep pill intact. Do not swallow any saliva.
Whilst doing this make a cup of hot green or black tea.
Sip hot tea and down the pill
Swish the remaining tea all through mouth and swallow
Mission completed

z76101

Greenlighter
Forget crisping
If OP oxy - consume a high fat meal. Wait 2 hours. This is essential for ph
Cut in half - you need very sharp knife
Place oxy between 2 back molars
Bite and scratch with teeth softly for 5 mins. Softly then a little harder. Keep pill intact. Do not swallow any saliva.
Whilst doing this make a cup of hot green or black tea.
Sip hot tea and down the pill
Swish the remaining tea all through mouth and swallow
Mission completed
I read something last night that the coating has dye in it and it can stain your whole mouth though is that true? I've already had them sitting in the soda the whole night. Got up this morning and shined my flashlight in there it looks pretty cool you can kind of like see through the pill. I tried crushing them before putting them in the soda and oh my God that was not working at all. I didn't realize how hard these things are to crush up basically all of it just went flat..

z76101

Greenlighter

Would a "slow burn" be bad? Yeah there is definitely some bulletproof coating on these things haha. I feel like since it's er if I take 2 for example it's going to be pointless because it's not getting released all at once?