• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids What is oxycontin(XR) dose equivalency orally whole vs. crushed?

Trmpstamane

Greenlighter
I've realized I really enjoy oxycontin and so far I've only tried crushing up the XR pill and swallowing. The issue is, for me it takes about 30-40 minutes to start feeling the effect and the high lasts for about 2,5-3h. Peak usually lasts about 2h, which is kinda short. I crush up 20-30mg as a starter dose. I wonder if swallowing a higher dose (like 60-80mg) without crushing them would give me a longer lasting high?

How many mg's would I have to swallow whole to have somewhat similar high and is it wasteful? I'm only thinking about this, because the high is so short lasting for me when crushed up, and redosing 20-30mg's after the first dose only extends the high by about an 1-1,5 hours. I usually end up dosing 40-60mg's crushed up a night anyways. And in common I only use oxies just once a week.

Last edited:
crushed is more like instant release so will give a higher peak but will not last as long.

Extended release will last longer but will be less intense.
Yeah I'm aware of this, but are you able to tell me how much longer is the peak going to be from swallowed XR vs. crushed up? The duration is what I wonder, but I guess I'm going to figure out myself eventually, just considered asking first.

sorry was about to edit my comment to address that.

it depends on the pill. hard to say really. I don't know the specifics about XR vs instant for that particular drug. Concerta (an extended release ADD med) is designed to reach peak plasma levels 8 hours after you take it vs the instant release version which takes about an hour.

if you want a plot that compares crushed to uncrushed plasma levels then check out this link : https://www.google.com/search?q=oxy...ECAEQBA&biw=1920&bih=979#imgrc=txtRhNlnJ18ZpM

Looks like Oxycontin XR hits max plasma levels in 5 hours, and instant release is within an hour - so the highs will be very different.

Hope that is a better answer.
Oh that simple google lmao. Thank you. Yeah I guess I've got the information I asked for now. Honestly I am fine with trading the stronger peak, if I can extend the high by a solid 2-3 hours for example.