Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

What is old school Ecstacy???

my innerself

Bluelighter
Something I have noticed alot whilst researching information about ecstasy is that often people refer to the ecstasy from the mid 90's as the best there ever was, and knowdays you never get stuff like it. Thus the term "Old School Ecstacy" comes up frequently. What I want to know is what was sooooo special about E's back then. Was there more mg's of MDMA in the pills?, less adulterants?. I have had alot of pills (all post 2002) and alot of those were absolutey kick ass, how could those pills be made any better? I mean MDMA is always going to be MDMA, how so was it diferant back then? Or is "Old School Pills" just another term that gets thrown around to hype up pills, much like "double and triple stacks" that the yanks always talk about (retards).

Cheers :\

interesting question. I think its based around the fact that between 1997 and 2001, there was a major rise in worldwide ecstasy use, which also led to lower quality pills (along came the ketamine, ephedrine, you name it) (more users, more pills needed) ...But according to test results, the quality has kicked back up again. Not to the height of the early ninties when mixing mdma and dxm into a pill was unheard of, but id say compared to 2000, we are in a golden age. hopefully, the qaulity even gets better, but that is unlikely, but we can hope.

Yeah, maybe because MDMA pills were kind of a new thing back then as well. The drug probably took people by surprise... and there most probably weren't as many "e-tards", that have... in result of popping too many over a short period of time, have "Lost the Magic".

Back in the good ole days, Ecstacy/MDMA was more of an Underground thing... now the Underground culture has interwined with the "Mainstreamers", resulting in alot of people misusing the substance and in turn... building up alot of user's tolerances.

I'd say when the first few batches of illicit grade "e" hit the streets, they would have been relatively potent, due to the fact the chemists would have wanted to have a major impact on the whole drug community... so they could sell their product off alot better.

Nowdays, it's such a common thing to come across pills being sold off as MDMA, which actually only contain very little MDMA by the milligram and have alot of DXM, Methamphetamine, Ketamine... and other cheaper substitutes.

Is that true or am I getting off track, DXM in pills, MMMMmmmmm, though it was nice thinking about the pills back then though.

DXM in pills? SHIT house... if i got a dxm bikkie, i'd kill, i'd prefer go and buy some robotussin DX if i wanted that shit... luckily my mate just bought another tester, mine got pinched.. but things will be looking up a bit now... and again - if dealer sells u DXM bikkie - Bash him

Yes there were ALOT of DXM pills selling as E in NZ circa 1995 - 99.. Here they were the crowns, they were to be very good pills - wasnt really into E at the time so missed it :(
From magazines when I was a lil one kept thinking that the "doves" were the best, but thats cos I read about it, didnt experience it...

Had some friends who got hold of doves way back when, apparently they are as good as hyped up to be... i would have liked one of those :) they were MDA also...

I dunno, I was around then and all though I do think some of my best experiences were back in the day I think that could be partly because MDMA was the new thing everyone was doing and everyone was going so hard.

Now clubs are more full of tweakers and the parties aren't what the old crew remember them to be.

Old school ecstasy is more likely some jaded old timer ;)

i have to admit. in 2002, this kid (about 14 or so) ran up to me trying to sell me this white dove. I was like "where did u get this?" he said he found it in his sisters drawer years ago and needs money. strangley i bought it and had half with my mate. I rolled 4-5 hours.... OF HALF. strongest pill id ever had! ..but HALF! lol

Yeah look just remember kids, the drugs were ALWAYS better before you were around ;) As an old bastard (nearly 38 !!) I feel perfectly qualified to comment on this - when I was in my early 20s, the old hippies were always crapping on about how this & that was better in "the olden days". I must say, there was some mighty good MDMA in the late 80s in Oz, but there were also scam artists selling a bunch of crap too - as usual, it depends on your connections. My guess is that the "olden days" whingers just don't have the good sources anymore. These are the same people who complain about the music not being as good, either 8)

Well back in my day........ =D

I think Fry-d- might be right. It might be a combination of jaded old-timers, and the fact that 'back then' it was all new, and all underground. Now days pretty much anyone you point a stick at has tried pills, where as back then it was never spoken about amongst those who weren't using. Welcome, Two Tribes, gigs like that with 15,000+ munters couldn't even be imagined.

Hell with my old group of friends "drugs" were bad, and booze was the drug of choice. They'd never touch drugs, and as such my adventures were never discussed.

But having said that, I do stand by the fact that green elephants absolutely rocked. And the original red hearts (one of the first 'shaped' pills I ever saw) from back about 6 years ago were up there as well! So perhaps old school pills were better!

^ I agree with Bent, the relative scarcity of E and of events at which to take it made it much more exciting "back in the day". I mean, how does an illegal rave in an abandoned railway shed compare to a slick, well-advertised club gig?

Personally I don't think the pills have changed (in 10 years anyway, I can't say further back than that). I've had pills recently that were every bit as great as "the olden days", but I'd be struggling to find a party environment as exciting to consume them in now*

*not to say that there aren't still great underground parties on now, I'm just too old to make it over the barbed wire fences ;)

Give it 15 years time and we'll be telling our kids about the days we used to buy 2CI off the internet!

what? drugs on the internet? no way!!....

as if your kids would believe such a silly thing.... ;)

In the 80's and early 90's an ingredient of xtc was imported from Poland to Holland (the ingredient was legal in Poland or it was easy to get and not monitored). Somewhere in the 90's the substance was getting illegal for normal use (the substance is also used in some businesses) and the ingredient is now getting imported from China. In between there was some time where xtc producers put some other substances in the xtc pills what lead to some weaker pills but when the stuff from China was becoming available for everyone, the pills were back to the original strenght.

I was under the impression that over the years some of the chemicals used to make it were harder to come by, and other came cheaper, etc so now the ecstasy is essentially made slightly different (to cope with the fact that not all the ingredients are the same) hence we end up with the same result (being MDMA), but perhaps formed from a diferent pathway. Now its been a while since i did chemical engineering but maybe these versions of MDMA (both old and new) may have their bonds joined diferently (diferent isomers) and rotated and such, and some may be more euphoric, loved up, etc than another one.

Can anyone confirm this info, or dubunk it either way, as i said my chemistry is not as good as it used to be :)

Old school ecstasy is more likely some jaded old timer

yes I think that sums it all up.

I can only go back to 1999. There were great pills around then, and there have also been some crazy ones lately aswell.

Remembering my first ever pill "a green euro from around 1999" I had half and I was off my dial for 4 hours floating around a night club living the most exciting night of my life, would be so hard to beat it. I seriously couldn't believe how wonderful this little half of a pill could make me feel. If I had that pill today it would probably just rate as a 7 or 8.

It's to do with having that first amazing experience that sticks in your head thinking they were the best pills ever. Really you just get a tolorance, and then mother MDMA says that your time is up.....no longer much fun anymore. That's what it's probably the best drug of all, it's lets you have your fun, then it says good bye to you and lets you go. what more could you want in a drug? Beats becoming a junkie I reckon

No such thing as old school xtc, it hasn't changed much, just the people that took it back then have.