• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin What is heroin like compared to Oxy and Hydro?

U

unregistered111111

What is the high from heroin like compared to that of oxy and hydro? How many mg of heroin would 5-10mg of oxy be comparable to? What about a low dose of codeine?

My opiate tolerance isn't over the roof or anything but I've done my fair share of the opiates one can say and i will say that 5-10mg of oxy is barely noticeable if even. Maybe 15 i start getting buzzed and 20 catch a warmth and 30 I start getting high. I've only done heroin about a dozen times and a gram of it would last me about 3 days of almost constant yet mindful use but i would always reach the nod which takes at least 50mg for me to start touching with "hydro". So in the past with my LIMITED experience, a gram of heroin lasted 3-4 days and a gram of hydros lasted me about 5 days with dxm potentiation so i would give them about the same score. At least heroin and hydros, except that heroin felt just a bit better for some reason, so do oxys though. So ima throw myself under the bus and say that a gram of each is relatively the same. just used differently for the most part. unless your good at shooting up pills but that's not an art i have acquired nor wish and plan to. so to answer your exact estimate i say 10mg of oxy is equivalent to .01g of heroin, 50mg of oxy is .05g, and 100mg of oxy is .1. though i might give the points to oxy because of its reliable pharmaceutical grade. i wish i could find some pure oxy so i can snort it. there's probably a method to extract the powder after a cwe but i have a hard time finding any opiates anywhere to begin with, except codeine (which I have never bought). When i get a job though i might buy some lean and finally test it out after 5 years of not remembering what it felt like. Mix it with some potentiators and it should bump that shit up to some vic/perc syrup.

Last edited:
Dosage wise, there are heaps of calculators out there but you're not going to get a very accurate equivalency when talking about heroin. It's cut to so many different degrees, unless you can test it, you have no way of knowing. The answer would be 'not much' but also depends on the ROA. For harm reduction purposes you can always take more, but can never take less. I could never feel anytning off 5-10mg so im not really sure there.

If you are planning to try heroin for the first time...rethink.......and leave it well alone. ESPECIALLY IF YOU GET HIGH OFF 5-10mg of oxy. It never leads anywhere good and you rarely do it once. I won't go into the differences I experienced between the high of the different opiates as to me they are quite different, but im now stuck on a huge dose of suboxone now and wish I'd never touched any of it.

Last edited:
Depends on the quality. Its kind of hard to beat Pharm. quality anything but when you score quality boi (heroin) nothing beats it! Atleast imo, now when you get some low quality tar or shit powder and do half a stamp bag with little tolerance/ no tolerance and dont get a rush or have to do a whole stamp to get high, yeah thats when I would start asking where the hydro and oxy is. Someone please correct me if im wrong im pretty sure .1 is 10mg, .2 =20mg and so on, so id say 5-10mg of boi compared to that of oxy is stronger typically, it would probably to you feel like 30-50mg of oxy depending on the quality, like I said. To my conclusion and comparison. This is what id prefer.

High quality heroin(small to large dose) >oxycodone(large dose)
Low quality heroin (high doses)<hydro and oxy (small + large dose)

Last edited:
I haven't done much hydro because even my baseline tolerance back in the day was too high for the amounts in those damn APAP pills, I would have had to OD on tylenol to feel anything. but compared to oxy -- way stronger, more sedating (noddy), way more euphoric, just all around a million times better. oxy is kind of my least favourite opiate though, like I honestly hardly even enjoy it and would only do it if absolutely nothing else was available. I remember one time my boyfriend and I got 2 15s for giving the guy who was hooking us up w/ dope like literally .02-.03g (because up in Ohio, at least where I was living, you cannot hardly even give pills away, they are cheap as shit, all anyone wants is heroin) and since we had dope at the time I actually refused to shoot my oxy and just gave it to him despite him trying to convince me to do it to save dope ...in part because at that time I'd never shot a pill before (before we moved across the country to a location w/ very little H and all I did was pills) and in part because I already knew I wasn't a big fan of oxy and all I wanted was heroin, so I just did my couple caps and tossed the oxy aside. because heroin beats oxy in every aspect you could think of. I think even people who like oxy can agree on that.

EDIT: if you can "feel" 5-10mg oxy DON'T TOUCH HEROIN. you will die. even a bag (.1g) of the super shitty stuff that goes around here is as "strong" as at least 45-60mg oxy, but the high is stronger because it's heroin. and if the dope is decent quality ...you could probably just literally stick your finger in dry and get a bit of powder residue on it and rub it in your nose and you'd be fucked if 5-10mg oxy gets you high. stay away from heroin.

Last edited:
I've never done H and don't have any real knowledge when it comes to that substance , but my common sense tells me that if you can still get high on 10MG of oxy - why in the hell you would you even consider H? Also i am surprised more people aren't saying this as well.... OP you have an extremely and i mean extremely low tolerance. Being able to get a narcotic effect from 10MG of oxy is too most people considered ZERO tolerance. Realize that you still are at stage 1 with opiates and that there is no need to try H. If you had a tolerance of up too over 100MG of oxy a day then suggesting H i'd imagine wouldn't be as risky.... Though i don't think there is ANY safe dose of H you could IV at this point and even smoking/snorting SMALL amounts could be deadly. OP..... Please refrain from H if you would. It seems like you just want too get "high" and aren't using it for PM so just wait it out till you can get pharmaceuticals again. Remember , why try H when your opiate tolerance is 0? You can even feel codeine! Most opiate users laugh at the thought of taking codeine because its so weak to them. Choose the right path.....

H is more sleep inducing like other morphine counterparts.... Codeine types are more or less sedating, but not sleep inducing.

I'm sure other posters have said similar things but, I'll give my two cents as well.

If you are naive to opiates, you honestly wouldn't notice that much of a difference if you say, did 25mg of hydrocodone one week, then two weeks later sniffed a bag of dope, and then two weeks after that took 15mg of oxy (the dosages of oxycodone and hydrocodone are rough estimates-with the heroin, no one can tell you how many milligrams, as heroin is not a pharmaceutical drug, so it could be really cut, or really pure.) If you tried heroin on monday, and then the next day tried hydro, and then the next day tried oxy, you might not feel the hydro or the oxy, after taking the heroin the first day. Basically, in terms of strength, assuming the heroin is decent, heroin is the strongest, oxy follows, and then hydrocodone (of these three drugs, we're excluding other opiate/opioids). You might find oxycodone and hydrocodone to be more stimulating, but really, when I was naive to opiates, they all felt the same really. It took a while for me to become a novice, and there are subtle differences between morphine-derivatives/opiates and a lot of the synthetics. Usually, Opiates are more sedating and have more side effects (such as nausea, histamine reactions, etc..) whereas the semi-synthetics and synthetics generally are less severe in terms of side effects.

Honestly though, what makes heroin stand out among these three drugs is the fact that it's very lipid soluble and can penetrate the BBB really easily, especially when used intravenously. It produces a 'rush' that oxycodone and hydrocodone cannot (some say they give a rush, but relative to heroin, there is no rush). Not to mention, hydrocodone should not be IV'd.

A few of us,me included, did say that Trolling123. I totally agree, if one can get a buzz off 5-30mg of oxy I would NOT touch heroin! In fact, no one who hasn't done it should go down that track! It's all downhill from there.

Heroin was the first opiate I used but I ended up on suboxone from quite a large oxy habit many years later and still here

Man I have never done H but I used to snort 150mgs of oxy a day and it sucked when I couldn't get high because sometimes I could get my hands on like 1 1/2-2 pills but nope that's not gonna get me high like I want so it would be wasteful and would have to wait while they taunt me idk why u would want to do H if 10mgs of oxy is enough like I would give a kidney for a tolerance reset fuck I would give both of my legs if it meant I had zero forever

I have being H for about a month now after stopping pills like oxy and percs etc. I honestly prefer it more over the pills. Although my tolerance is going up more than i would like it to go, it is such a great high and its much cheaper than pills. That is a big reason i stopped doing pills and switched to H. I am still new to H, but i can answer most questions if you have any.

Bro not comparable really, but I'll try, some low quality brown or tar if smoked about a point to 2 points smoke solo would be the same as snortin 10 hydros to yourself back to bacm. or smokin 2 oxy blues solo

Maybe more like snorting 5 or 6 tens but still way cheaper than pills and goes much fartger

Definitely agree here this guys right it's not worth trying if you can still feel okay with pills

Snorting hydros and smoking blues? Are you retarded or what? CWE hydros, snort your blues or really any oxy, and don't smoke pills...