• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc what is Gabapentin like?

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
please dont say there is another post w/ the answer; I am looking for someone to compare it to another drug.

I actually suffer from seizures and also insomnia and was reading more and more about this. also, I always hear it from so many other addicts who talk about it, have it, get it, scripted it, etc. it seems I SHOULD be able to pick up a script rather easy considering.

is it worth it? what's it like? what is something similar?

I use dope heavily; so it Gabapentin a waste?

I have zero tolerance for benzos or anything besides opiates.

It's a funky drug! It is absolutely amazing for dope withdrawals though, it is far worth your time to get a script for it, IMO!

Good alternative for pain instead of opiates. Its not really a feeling that you can compare to something else it just works for restless legs and pain along with some other prescribed uses doctors arnt even sure why it works for symptoms in a lot of cases where its prescribed all they know is it seems to work well for it of people. Certainly not dope of course nothing close. Its easy to get a script for that its not a narcotic or anything. Its not anything like benzos either it won't do anything at all for someone in benzo withdrawal.

It works amazing for opiate/Kratom withdrawal in my experience. The first few uses it felt pretty nice itself, a general feeling of calm, relaxation, and a mood lift. Actually felt a little giddy, warm and fuzzy. Not excessively though. In terms of recreational use, it is mild compared to others recreational drugs. It does work well for pain considering it is not a narcotic.

Over long periods of time, you can become physically dependent though, but from what I heard it takes awhile, so just don't take it for months at a time without stopping unless you need it for a real medical reason and you should be alright.

I've done quite a bit of research on forums as I have been taking gabapentin for about 7 years. It seems that it is very hit/miss for most. Some people get effects that are mild to nonexistent. A very small percentage of users have an intense experience, and I fall into this category. I always say that my perception "took a 180 degree turn" when I started it. It was stimulating, euphoric, cognitive-enhancing, and almost psychedelic with enhanced color and tactile sensation. I would compare it to phenibut, but I don't have an abundance of experience with pharmaceuticals as a reference. I have heard that it is good for opiate withdrawals.

Gabapentin is an amazing drug. I love it, and fortunately it is fairly easy to get scripted. It goes great with opiates and does help with the opiate WDs. It also enhances benzodiazepines and IMO Gabapentin does help with the WDs from benzos.

That I know of it helps with anxiety, RLS, insomnia, epilepsy, and nerve pain, I'm sure it's beneficial in other ways.

I describe the high as benzo-lite or alcohol-lite (minus the hangover and nausea).

Gabapentin v. Concerta Concerta is a great focusing drug has a little bit of euphoria and helps you with aniexty kind of i like gabapentin better cause it makes you feel drunk but your mind is alert still and with concerta its like a speed