• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

What is ego loss?

Hmm perhaps it would be useful to describe where it would appear in a psychological model of consciousness. Perhaps deep in subconcious. Sounds like a K-hole experience would come under that term i've def lost my identity in that place once

Its when you read read youir subconscious while your conscious :p, after a while you will become an expert.

AlexxRed: I did dxm when you could buy it online by the ounce, all it made me feel was like I was a walking jelly, hehe.

person said:
Its when you read read youir subconscious while your conscious :p, after a while you will become an expert.

AlexxRed: I did dxm when you could buy it online by the ounce, all it made me feel was like I was a walking jelly, hehe.

Different things for different people I guess. I would have said that DXM would certainly be up there when it comes to something that is highly likely to give you an ego loss experience. A friend described it as K's Gothic cousin.

I'd be interested to hear from people if they think that ego loss can feel like a positive experience?

It turns out I am highly sensitive to psilocybe shrooms, these days if I were to trip I would take about a 1/4 of an eighth and be pretty out there. But my first trip I took a full 1/8. The last conscious thing I remember before starting my ego loss/death phase was looking at my friend smoking weed and trying to tell him I couldn't smoke because I was too high and him blowing smoke in my face. I turned away and lost visual contact. Long story short, when I experienced ego death there were periods of complete black out, then kind of like waking up, but so many visual hallucinations I didn't recognize anything. Usually I was just kind of being, observing, as if all that had ever existed was that exact moment. Black out again, wake up again, keep being.

Every now and then I would get into a panic because I would think "I'm supposed to recognize this stuff.... I? What am I?" And I would try to seperate myself from the environment but black out again. Eventually I figured out that if instead of trying to figure anything out, I could just let it be, and I felt great. I really didn't remember or recognize anything I would see, not even friends whom I'd known for years. Sometimes I would get a stinging feeling like I should recognize and be able to understand them speak, and that is what was freaking me out.

If I were to attempt an ego loss trip again, which I won't for a very long time, if ever, I would do it with minimal outside influence of things that could remind me of real life. A sober sitter or two would be there, but I wouldn't want to see or hear them. Anything that would remind me of my real life would brain fuck me and send me into a panic to try to remember and make sense of it. I felt heaven and hell that night, bouncing back and forth between them in mere seconds that seemed like lifetimes.

Kind of an all over the place post, but it is hard to describe. Any questions though I would be glad to try to answer.

sounds like ego loss is a lot like psycosis(or a chemical imbalance that leaves u feeling deluded)... as alot of the symptoms described above could be warning signs.

memory loss, identity struggles, sub consious an consious blending. 1 or more of these syptoms i belive is the start of a psyocotic manifestation.

isn't 1 in 3 people have metal heath issues.
i believe everyone one thinks different an your train of thought is acctually just that; Trained thought. im guessing depending on the person and the drugs, u can very well loose your learned way of thinking, and thus just being, without much recollection of the very basic "moves" that we once took for granted. before the catalyst(drugs) came into play.

im 21 now and have analysing (living in 3rd person view) for about 7 years.
ive concluded that what is lost is lost. and like quick-sand if u struggle u sink really quick. trust me, doesnt matter how far u sink if ur a person that can learn not to struggle than hopefully u can keep your head up. ;)

Trav

Edit: (or a chemical imbalance that leaves u feeling deluded)
and it deosn't mttaer in what oredr the ltteers in a word are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is that the first and last ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can still raed it wouthit a porbelm.

Last edited:
Nicci Da RoCkA said:
wow, i didnt know there was a word for it untill now..
Ive had this occasionally, almost last night even when i was drinking & smoking..
Its freaky as FUK when you try to think of your mums name, what happened yesterday, today or where you are in life and your mind is just.. BLANK!! - i freak a little, but it sorts its self out eventually.

Does anyone get this often like i do?? - I dont even have large quantities of drugs, though i smoke daily & do pills of a weekend.. Its usually when im stoned, pissed or coming down of biccis when it does happen..

I get that alot also. I loose my ego with just about every psychadelic I touch. I can tell when it is about to happen to. I scares the shit out of me everytime. I ll be perfectly fine and than ill start to get alittle hot and than BAM I can't remember my name or a fuckikn thing about myself. Sometimes Im a particle of bacteria other times it's a glass of oarnge juice and others, which I think is the worst is when you are nothing, and you see yourself in someones elses shoes but you don't know who you are, and you may be dead or alive but you don't like yourself. Ego loss is definitly not for everyone, it can be worst worst dream come true but you always get out of it and somtimes it can make a positive impact on your life.

yeah sorry i was off topic, so ego loss is experience while still under the influence. mmmm give me a tab :) i wouldnt mind.

Jimity said:
I find Ketamine to be the biggest cause of ego loss for me. Large doses, and I have no conception of 'me'. I am still concious, but I am no longer myself. No memories, no identity, no real thoughts, I'm just 'there'. It really is impossible to explain it to someone who hasn't experienced it....
Ive never been able to understand why anyone would take horse tranqs. Dosent sound like a fun experience to me. Too out of control.

It's also a human tranqs! It is used in hospital. Dogs are also given dexamphetamines. Doesn't make the drug more "dirtier" or anything.
Any dossociative or psychedelic can make you out of control, it's just not everyones cup of tea. Some people need to be in control at all times or they freak. Some K users would wonder why people bother taking pills or speed/ice because of the comedown it creates because of the amount you need to get "decent" effects.

One time I had been doing yoga , chi gong and meditation everyday for about 6 months and I was at this beach meditating and suddenly I felt as though I just blended in to everything around me. It was the most exhilarating and amazing experience I have ever had. It was better than any drug I have ever taken. At the time I had not touched any drugs for about 2 years. If I had to describe how I felt compared to drugs it was like being on 50 of the best E's Ive ever had all at once but even better. I was buzzing for days after that experience and everywhere I went people looked at me as if to say " what are you on?" Ive never felt more connected to 'all that is' in my entire life. I felt like the universe was showing me true ecstasy or bliss and it made the drug seem pathetic in comparison. Ill never forget it.

I started meditating after having a few out of body experiences sparked by sleep paralysis. It was freaking me out, but there was also something alluring about it, so I started meditating, figuring if I could have these experiences on purpose and with expectations they would not be so scary.

A few times while meditating I have had some short but crazy trips, ego loss only once that I can remember. So ego loss is possible without the use of drugs, although I can't say I ever would have attained that kind of state without having used a drug beforehand... I believe to have a 'good' ego loss, where you aren't overwhelemed and freaked out, meditation is key.

If you want to go the drug route, I would suggest doing lots of sober meditation and lots of low level psychedelic meditation and experiences before going for the big one. I have found meditating while even only slightly high on MJ can have a very profound effect.

^ D alert! ... (tresca)

Lol, nah but I believe you. A mate once went to the mental hospital after meditating for several hours. He thought he was Jesus

Wish I could be bothered with meditation to attain the 'natural' high.. too much time consuming sitting. With LSD, BAM!! No ego.. ;)

ilikeacid said:
Wish I could be bothered with meditation to attain the 'natural' high.. too much time consuming sitting. With LSD, BAM!! No ego.. ;)
Yeah more like BAM no brain :D

Splatt said:
^ D alert! ... (tresca)

Lol, nah but I believe you. A mate once went to the mental hospital after meditating for several hours. He thought he was Jesus

You can rest assured that more people end up in the nut house after jacking up ice than meditating. Its more likely your friend was having a schizophrenic delusion than meditating.

Ha! its a problem when someone thinks theyre jesus, quite common for people with mental illness. I knew someone in 95 who took a bart simpson (the one where on the other side of the blotter had light blue stars and half moon) to turn into a total cabbage and many years in and out of hospital. My neighbour has medicat (sp?) injections from the health board every 2 weeks, and I can tell when he's almost due for a shot, cos he tries to make a conversation with me by looking the other way, not directly into my face. I just wave out hi and leave else im grounded for 10minutes of speed freak babble, with foaming mouth.

what is ego loss? leave your ego at the door.
A famous sign I used to see at clubs back in the day..

lol @ not looking dirtectly at you.. peripheral viewing/conversations are schizophrenic. I do that on DXM, bulbs or K.