❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

What is a “Love Language”?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiori di Bella

Bluelight Crew
I’ve been hearing this term, “Love Language” quite a lot lately and I know fuck all about this. Is this a novel concept?

What does it mean to you and what is your personal Love Language?

It’s often a term to describe how one gives and receives love. If I remember right there’s 5 kinds?

So my love language, what I respond to, is “touch” mostly with a little bit of “words of affirmation” thrown in. For my wife it’s “acts of service.”

This can be helpful because I know that while a simple hug or positive feedback makes me feel good it might not be quite what tells her I care. For her it shows I care if I make sure the house is tidy, or go out of my way to fix or do something for her. She greatly appreciates these more and it shows.

Of course everyone responds on some level to all 5 love languages but we just gravitate to somevmore than others.

-GC

France actually. And not just for the morphine and subutex.
Italian actually, srsly.
There's always a battle with French, but Italian is the language of love.
It's also the language of Music and Culture.

French people are too fucking weird and so is their manner of speech, we could never take them or their language seriously. Maybe in America.. Sorry France.
Especially males often say that French is the ugliest language they have heard. It does sound disgusting, especially the more urban it gets. At some point it's just saying short consonants while swallowing all the vowels. Disgusting language.

Last edited:
It always sounds like people speaking French have a goober in their throats that they can’t cough up.

Spanish is the language of love. Not the kind that Mexicans speak but the kind from Spain according to Google.
castellano.

It's still Italian. But I can go for castellano, because it's close. At least it's not French

Why didn’t you just Google this...
Why have a discussion about anything on a forum, when you can Google it? Get those search results from people making pages about things they're discussing from their point of view? Perhaps she values this communities opinion and wants to learn what that is, and also hear each of our points of view anecdotally? I agree that Google can get you a lot of good information, and empirical fact and study is extremely valuable, but so is discussion and hearing things from many different points of view. Especially on something like love, which is one of the most personal subjects there is. All kinds of people express all kinds of different things in different ways out of love.

Your love language is how you express yourself towards (or even away from) someone or something you love. The rest is indivdual.

I’ve been hearing this term, “Love Language” quite a lot lately and I know fuck all about this. Is this a novel concept?

Sounds like an old sexploitation movie. I think they watch that movie in the cinema in the movie 'Taxi Driver'?
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0064563/ 🥰

Anyway, it probably means something completely much less fun now days.
Im going to 'google' it... And come back pretending to be an expert.

The video is unfortunately unable for me. I am curious to hear this romantic German singing? That’s ironic because according to Google, German is one of the ugliest sounding languages when spoken. It’s a 'harsh' sounding language, referring to tongues that make sounds using the back of the vocal track. This can result in a more throaty, guttural noise which gives the language a more abrasive sound which other languages don't seem to have.
https://www.ef.edu/blog/language/most-beautiful-languages-in-the-world/ that's where google sent me :D

What, no, it's such a romantic piece.
Try this

translation
[Verse 1]
I have plans, big plans
I'm going to build you a house
Every stone will be a tear
And you'll never move out again
Yeah I'm going to build a little house for you
With no windows no door
It'll be dark inside
No light will get in at all

[Pre-Chorus]
Yeah I'll make you a home
And you are to be a part of it all

[Chorus]
Stone by stone
I wall you in
Stone by stone
I'll always be with you

[Verse 2]
Without clothes without shoes
You watch me working
With your feet in cement
You brighten up the foundation
Outside there will be a garden
And no one will hear you scream

[Chorus]
Stone by stone
I wall you in
Stone by stone
I'll always be with you
I'll always be with you

[Bridge]
What a pounding what a hammering
Outside it's starting to get dark
All of the nails stand at attention
When I ram them into your body-wood

[Chorus]
Stone
Stone by stone
I wall you in
Stone by stone
I wall you in
Stone by stone
I wall you in
Stone by stone
And nobody will hear you scream

Physical touch is just one of the five love languages, according to Dr. Gary Chapman’s The 5 Love Languages. The others are words of affirmation, acts of service, quality time, and gift giving/receiving. All five are important, but since we all give and receive love differently, it’s important to know what you and your partner prefer in order to express your appreciation in the best possible way.

Source: https://www.verywellmind.com/physical-touch-love-language-4797513

Good thing to study, being 'self-aware' is not always a bad thing. 😇

No damn it. The link won’t work. I’ve heard others say that singing in German is so much prettier sung than spoken.

Here I found this:

🧙‍♂️

Wow America really hates Rammstein. It was "Stein um Stein" by Rammstein. I think your country thinks they're Nazis or something :D Morons.
But it was a bit ironic. I think Bavarian is beautiful sung, but not pure German. Bavarian German is amazing sung and spoken :3
But I'm a native, so I think it's natural for me to think pure German sounds too stale.

this is a famous Bavarian song :) you might note that it's a 100 times softer than usual german

The 5 Love Languages.
(according to Dr. Gary Chapman)

1.Touch
2.Words of affirmation
3.Acts of service
4.Quality time
5.Gift giving

Is this something that only applicable for only one type of love, or for all types of love???
Apparently there are 7 types of love, at least according to the ancient greeks.

1. Eros
Eros is sexual or passionate love.
2.Philia
The hallmark of philia, or friendship, is shared goodwill.
3. Storge
Storge ["store-jay"], or familial love, is a kind of philia pertaining to the love between parents and their children.
4. Agape
Agape ["aga-pay"] is universal love, such as the love for strangers, nature, or God.
5.Ludus
Ludus is playful or uncommitted love.
6.Pragma
Pragma is a kind of practical love founded on reason or duty and one’s longer-term interests.
7.Philautia
Philautia, finally, is self-love.

Sources:

I think Barry White has a lot more chance of being considered ‘on topic’ than anymore Rammstein (not that I don’t mind a bit of Rammstein - their videos are often excellent too).

Status
Not open for further replies.