• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Diet What healthy food are you eating now? v. it's pronounced keen-waah

Being weird generally. Eating protein powders daily and trying to eat nothing but lean meat and cheese. Vegetables.
Tying to withdrawal from a moderate opioid habit...😫🤠 ..... hence the healthy eating. It helps you taper if you're physically strong and eating right.

Being weird generally. Eating protein powders daily and trying to eat nothing but lean meat and cheese. Vegetables.
Tying to withdrawal from a moderate opioid habit...😫🤠 ..... hence the healthy eating. It helps you taper if you're physically strong and eating right.

Zinc and Vit D can also majorly help, I take em at night usually cuz they make me sleepy but ya definitely helps get you through the night when all you wanna do is toss n turn.

Meats are a good source of zinc already, but oysters are where it’s at for good amounts.

-GC

I fried mine in the frying pan cause my ovens broke... Didn't*even know if you can cook it in the oven as I hardly ever eat fish

Is it true about having fish in moderation these days due to mercury?
I've only recently started to enjoy it other than fish fingers and chipshop fish n chips lol

Is it true about having fish in moderation these days due to mercury?
I've only recently started to enjoy it other than fish fingers and chipshop fish n chips lol

i think Tuna is the worst offender....but i could be wrong....i dont really eat tuna much tho

Salmon and Cod are your best bets for the least toxins - which i eat fairly frequently 🎣

Zinc and Vit D can also majorly help, I take em at night usually cuz they make me sleepy but ya definitely helps get you through the night when all you wanna do is toss n turn.

Meats are a good source of zinc already, but oysters are where it’s at for good amounts.

-GC
Oysters are very good for you. I think any food that comes from the ocean whatever it is probably has a better variety of essential nutrients than any terrestrial food. I can't think of many Seafoods that I wouldn't at least try, except maybe for raw sea urchin and that's only because its appearance. It doesn't look like a food. But neither to do oysters and I love oysters. I like canned oysters even better than raw oysters, but not the Chinese farmed one in cottonseed oil. That's like three strikes right there. If anyone has a store called Trader Joe's in their vicinity well you're lucky first of all second of all you should buy the South Korean farmed canned oysters in olive oil, so large tha sometimes there might only be 6 or 7 in a can. Nothing against fresh oysters what an experience sliding right on down when you want to sometimes really sink your teeth into them

I LOVE oysters too!!! But can't have them whilst pregnant :( Mega sad pants.

Oysters are very good for you.
I've often wondered if that's still true with all the pollutants in the oceans these days. Oysters are basically filters, right?
Same with liver.
I love oysters and chicken livers but I wonder if they are loaded with toxins.
Anybody know?

I've often wondered if that's still true with all the pollutants in the oceans these days. Oysters are basically filters, right?
Same with liver.
I love oysters and chicken livers but I wonder if they are loaded with toxins.
Anybody know?

Oysters do have a bit more heavy metals than other seafood of comparable size for the reasons you stated. I personally only rarely eat them now when I used to eat them multiple times a week.

I actually try to avoid seafood cuz of this despite the plethora of beneficial compounds not found anywhere else.

I stick to sardines and related small fish, or salmon.

Chicken livers can be bad too but the difference is you can control it a bit more. Chicken that’s free range should be healthy.

I just made up some sausage patties with ground pork and chicken livers, damn good.

Edit- A quick look shows chicken livers don’t hold on to toxins.

-GC

Thanks, G-Chem!
I also usually stick to wild salmon, sardines, and anchovies.
And your sausage sounds great! 👍
I gotta get me some chicken innards. Haven't had any in a while. Love the livers & gizzards, but my favorite part of the bird is the heart.
A lot of people freak out when I say that. If so, I ask them "Have you ever eaten a hot dog or a slice of bologna?"
There's WAY more repulsive stuff in those things. Snouts, eyeballs, assholes...

Oh, and on the seafood subject...
I LOVE shrimp but I don't eat it much anymore after learning about the huge amount of bycatch involved in shrimping.
It's horrendous.