• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Diet What healthy food are you eating now? v. it's pronounced keen-waah

What is gammon steak?
gammon steak in British English

(ˈɡæmən steɪk) a thick cut of meat made from smoked or cured bacon or ham and often served with pineapple or fried egg.

:unsure:

What is gammon steak?
gammon steak in British English

(ˈɡæmən steɪk) a thick cut of meat made from smoked or cured bacon or ham and often served with pineapple or fried egg.

:unsure:
Yeah its like a beef steak but Pork instead. What would you say your equivalent is?

PXL_20210621_185109128.jpg

my usual recipe now
white corn tortillas, chicken, cheese, taco slaw, pepperocini (whole), onions, cilantro, hot sauce and squeezed lemon

yum, very zesty and spicy, kinda like deluxe street taco style

I'm sorry but this thread is beginning to trigger me......

I once got into a physical fight with some body builder type shithead in a whole foods parking lot, he was a grade A asshole, it did not end well, not sure how it started but I know he started it 🥵

I once got into a physical fight with some body builder type shithead in a whole foods parking lot, he was a grade A asshole, it did not end well, not sure how it started but I know he started it 🥵
Just think how happy that rapper is now that his Clippers have finally made the NBA finals

Last edited:
Well seeing as i started a LCHF diet this week, my diet is mostly of the following
Meats: chicken, fish (Hake, haddock and tuna), pork, beef, boerewors, and biltong.
complex carbs: oats, rice, mielie pap, egg noodles, tomatoes (can't live without them) and potatoes now and then.
simple carbs: sugary drinks like powerade or energade or game (mostly for post workout)
Veggies: basically anything green, spinach, broccoli, rabbit food (lettuce) and yeah, so on
Fats: peanut butter, nuts, oils, fats from meat and avocado (as they in season now)

Yeah that's the gist of things so far

Edit: forgot to add meat or oval like, livers, hearts and kidneys too (chicken hearts being my favorite)

Last edited:
I've had the habit of eating nuts and especially cashews since I was a kid which is good because practically everything else I ate growing up was sugary stuff like candy and drinking coffee and soda pop. I later learned that nuts are important for magnesium, manganese, zinc as well as for things like Vitamin E. I'm convinced that I could survive on cashews although that wouldn't be ideal long-term. I still dislike eating vegetables even if I force myself since I'm slow to digest them (as well as pretty much everything else besides nuts).

Still I think having a balanced diet is difficult unless one is lucky enough to have an optimal digestive system. Finding the right food combinations and knowing when to eat them is no easy task. Some foods can negate nutrients from the foods they're combined with for example. Also different people need different vitamins and trace minerals depending how their body absorbs nutrients

I've been eating salads out of my garden every day for the past couple of weeks. Lettuce, onions, radishes... Cucumbers are coming in. Had my first tomato ripen yesterday.

I eat frozen spirulina bowls and they help a lot with energy, and celery juice mixed with whatever fruits or plain is also great for energy.

Spirulina blended with mango is very sweet, sweeter than acai. I highly recommend.

Ontop of the spirulina I just add nuts and fruit of your choice. I like almond slices, chia seeds, banana, strawberry, blueberry.

It's honestly like eating ice cream but with no sugar or anything artificial, or fattening sweetener alternatives.

It's very filling surprisingly, lasts me hours feeling full and full of energy.

Been making some good dishes past week or so…

-Tunisian Lamb Stew
-Tom Kha Gai Soup (fucked me up, couldn’t taste the spice going down with all the fats but sure felt it later..)
-Korean Beef on Jicama Salad
-Steak Street Tacos
-Rosemary/Lemon Scallops

Tonight we have these chicken breast strips wrapped around asparagus, then wrap prosciutto around that. Hold it together with a toothpick that’s got a sage leaf tucked underneath. Dip them in egg then an almond flour/spice blend. Cook in Dutch oven on stove top with oil and wine, then finish off in oven.

Also got this shrimp dish and turkey taco dip recipe in the works for the near future too.

Feeling pretty damn good :)

-GC

been making lot of something called leczo

saute large white onion with lots of paprika. add 6ish hot hungarian wax peppers and 3 large tomatoes. cook it all down

very traditional hungarian summer dish my grandmother taught me