• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Diet What healthy food are you eating now? v. it's pronounced keen-waah

It’s quite healthy and taste good too. Not much fat and you can season to taste. If you have an aversion to red meat and cheese or other dietary restrictions than by all means, don’t eat eat things with those ingredients. Last time I checked, pasta dishes weren’t unhealthy when combined with a well balanced diet. Not sure why you felt compelled to call my pasta recipe out for?

Have a good day,

🧙‍♂️
It looks fine to me! I mean, I wouldn't recommend it for anyone trying to LOSE weight, but it's not unhealthy. I'd still treat it as a comfort food meal, not a healthy meal, as such.

Oh, and 3 cloves of garlic??? Pffffft, PUHLEEASE. 6 or 7, at LEAST ;)

It’s quite healthy and taste good too. Not much fat and you can season to taste. If you have an aversion to red meat and cheese or other dietary restrictions than by all means, don’t eat eat things with those ingredients. Last time I checked, pasta dishes weren’t unhealthy when combined with a well balanced diet. Not sure why you felt compelled to call my pasta recipe out for?

Have a good day,

🧙‍♂️

It was more the ice cream and butter/oil/cheese and cheap cuts of meat combo that struck me as rather unhealthy. Guess we'll just have to differ in opinion on what constitutes healthy. I just thought it might be better suited in that thread I linked. Have a good day too.

9SyZ49fl.jpg

Peanuts are not nuts, they are legumes. They are also super healthy. They're an excellent plant-based source of protein and high in various vitamins, minerals, and plant compounds. They are very heart healthy too, full of “good” fat and calories. Also, can really help as part of a weight loss diet and may reduce your risk of both heart disease and gallstones.

A+ healthy food. You can pretty much live on only peanuts which was George Washington Carver point with coming up with 300 uses for peanuts (I did a science project on peanuts in the 6th grade) 😀

🧙‍♂️
to bad most people are allergic to them I think you could kill more people with peanuts than chlorine gas my my used to feed me peanuts when I was young in increasing doses to strengthen my immune system

went to a lebanese restaurant with some friends for dinner. it was amazing.

had broad beans with yoghurt, baba ganoush with walnuts, a yoghurty dip with cracked wheat, batata harra (spicy potatoes) and fattoush. so good and pretty healthy, especially for a restaurant.

went to a lebanese restaurant with some friends for dinner. it was amazing.

had broad beans with yoghurt, baba ganoush with walnuts, a yoghurty dip with cracked wheat, batata harra (spicy potatoes) and fattoush. so good and pretty healthy, especially for a restaurant.
I've only been to a Lebanese restaurant once and it was AMAZING!! <3

IFZW53g.jpg

Tuna salad with organic cucumbers, tomatoes and parsley. 1 Tbsp mayo, healthy glug of olive oil, lemon juice and fresh cracked pepper. Perfect for the summer heat when heavy meals are harder to eat.

Breakfast: Coffee (just coffee, no sugar, no milk, no cream) and a few toasts with cream cheese

Lunch: Spinach soup

Dinner: A vegetarian burger with cream cheese.

One or two apples during the evening here, and that is it. Plenty of water of course, during the day, it is hot here, by my standards.

last night i had salad with felafel and hummous but my boyf does it in a way where he fries some red onion and spices and chickpeas to go on top. very tasty and filling.

Nut butter ;)

No seriously, people think they're bad for you - especially peanut butter - but in moderation they're actually good for you. High in protein and healthy fat. They're delicious and filling with slow release energy so you feel full and satisfied. My favourite is cashew butter, but I like almond butter, too. Peanut butter is healthy, too, just don't buy one of the American brands as they tend to have sugar and sodium added to them. Some European/UK brands have added sugar, too, but much less.
Actually "don't buy one of the American brands" applies to pretty much all food, although MOST are banned outside of the U.S. anyway as they don't meet the food safety standards anywhere else (except Tonga which has the unhealthiest food in the world. They east what nobody in Australia would touch. They have a 90% obesity rate...they're are also extremely prideful of what they eat for some reason?)
I really like porridge/oatmeal, too.

Tell us what healthy food you're eating today!!

I have a massive sweet tooth and it's really hard for me to stay away from sugar :(

I was really craving yoghurt today, but instead of the really sweet flavoured yoghurts that are packed full of sugar, I got natural greek yoghurt, honey, and a mix of pepitas, sunflower seeds, almonds and sultanas, and mixed it all together. SO YUM!!! (Oh and they're my supplements in the photo too haha, multivitamin, Milk Thistle for my poor lil liver, thiamine for my alcoholic brain, and a skin/hair/nails supplement cos my hair won't grow and my nails keep breaking).
FuVRC2T.jpg
Looks like you're ready for battle with your multivitamins, minerals and B complex