• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Diet What healthy food are you eating now? v. it's pronounced keen-waah

PXL-20210609-172423373-MP.jpg

I think I'm addicted to tacos... Relatively healthy without cheese right?

Cheese and nuts are fine, in moderation.

Except for peanuts. There is literally zero nutritional value in peanuts. So yeah, fuck them.

The best nuts in my opinion are almonds, they have a good amount of fibre, good fats, magnesium and vitamin E in them.

Except for peanuts. There is literally zero nutritional value in peanuts. So yeah, fuck them.
i love peanuts!!! i get they have higher fat than other nuts but its mostly not saturated and also i don't care because they are tasty AF. peanut butter on apple is one of my favourite snacks. i put it in stir fry sauce. my life is objectively better for the existence of peanuts.

cashews are pretty good too. and i like a good walnut. brazil nuts and almonds i'm less keen on cos when i was anorexic i was allowed exactly 3 of each of those per day as protein so i have a bad association with them.

i generally consider cheese unhealthy but, see above re peanuts.

i was vegan for a while and i try to have a couple of dairy free days per week but i fucking love french hard cheeses. beaufort is the best, but comte and emmental will do. or a bit of cambozola. anything but goats cheese.

brazil nuts and almonds i'm less keen on cos when i was anorexic i was allowed exactly 3 of each of those per day as protein so i have a bad association with them.
Interesting. When I was anorexic, almonds, carrots and green apples were my "safe foods". Very interesting.

i fucking love french hard cheeses. beaufort is the best, but comte and emmental will do. or a bit of cambozola.
I have not heard of any of those!! 😮 :love:

Interesting. When I was anorexic, almonds, carrots and green apples were my "safe foods". Very interesting.
that is really weird. apples were one of my safe foods too. until they weren't, which was scary as fuck cos you just know that its insane not to be able to eat an apple. i started getting petrified that my strawberries would stop being allowed. it took me years to be able to actually enjoy them again.

you gotta try some proper french cheese! i imagine its hard to get in australia and expensive but maybe there's local proxies?

that is really weird. apples were one of my safe foods too. until they weren't, which was scary as fuck cos you just know that its insane not to be able to eat an apple. i started getting petrified that my strawberries would stop being allowed. it took me years to be able to actually enjoy them again.

you gotta try some proper french cheese! i imagine its hard to get in australia and expensive but maybe there's local proxies?
My partner hasn't even heard of those cheeses (he's the chef, so if he hasn't heard of it, it's either super rare or not available at all in Aus). He reckons if we were to find any of those cheeses, it'd have to be in a proper legit French deli, and yeah they would be really expensive.

i would post you some but i think its probably illegal. i know they are funny about bringing stuff into aus and the french don't generally pasteurise their cheese. you'll just have to come to europe for a cheese tour.

i would post you some but i think its probably illegal. i know they are funny about bringing stuff into aus and the french don't generally pasteurise their cheese. you'll just have to come to europe for a cheese tour.
Oh goodness me no, there's no way unpasteurised cheese would make it through customs :(

Oh goodness me no, there's no way unpasteurised cheese would make it through customs :(

Get outta here!

So you don't get the real deal Parmigiano-Reggiano from Italy in Australia? That's made with raw/unpasteurized milk

Stufetini a la Romana

This is a delicious pasta dish that was my favorite as a child and it includes Cincinnati chili sauce (If you have never had Cincinnati chili, this is the fancy version). It’s our take on Greek pasta sauce here.

Ingedients:

- 1lb of cheap meat (think chuck steak or sirloin) whatever is on sale
- 1 box of fettuccine or linguine pasta
- 1 packet of Cincinnati chili mix (buy either Skyline, or Gold Star mixes available online)
- 8 oz of shredded Colby or mild cheddar cheese (or if you like mozzarella could work).
- 3 cloves of diced/pressed garlic
- salt
- butter
- olive oil
- wine (dry red wine)

Slice Chuck/sirloin into 1 and 1/2 inch pieces and brown with a tablespoon and 1/2 of olive olive. Season with salt, and add diced/pressed garlic. Add red wine to browning meat. When meat is browned turn off the heat and add Cincinnati chili mix to the pan (follow directions) and simmer on low until the pasta is cooked.

Cook pasta slightly al dente or how you prefer with butter, olive oil, and salt. Add a dash of wine to your noodles and mix together.

When done, plate the pasta with the meat sauce on top and add your shredded cheese.

Serve with a salad and vegetable of your choosing, along with a glass of red wine with the meal.

For dessert, a basic vanilla ice cream of your choice pairs nicely.

That’s living it rich in Cincinnati! Here’s a song you can listen to while you eat:

Enjoy!

🧙‍♂️

This seems very high in fat, salt and sugar.. tbh, it doesn't sound at all healthy to me. Perhaps this would be better suited to our Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner munchies thread over in TL?

i would argue that something should contain a couple of portions of fruit or veg to qualify as healthy.

on that note i have eaten nearly two large bars of fruit and nut chocolate over the past 2 days.....