• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Diet What healthy food are you eating now? v. it's pronounced keen-waah

I'm pretty much a fruitarian. I do eat other things, but not a day goes by without at least one full can of fruit, but fresh is much better. In the winter months when fruit is hard to find it's mostly canned, but summer it's a steady diet of whatever I can lay my hands on, watermelon, peaches, cherries, berries, oranges, etc. So far this spring I've downed 5 watermelons already..

I'm pretty much a fruitarian. I do eat other things, but not a day goes by without at least one full can of fruit, but fresh is much better. In the winter months when fruit is hard to find it's mostly canned, but summer it's a steady diet of whatever I can lay my hands on, watermelon, peaches, cherries, berries, oranges, etc. So far this spring I've downed 5 watermelons already..
I fucking LOVE fruit. I always have. Any type of fruit <3 Except I'm not a huge fan of citrus (I think I said that on the previous page of this thread actually). However I just nommed 2 mandarins because they're in season here, so.... 🤷‍♀️

This was dinner last night <3
The way he gets the salmon's skin crispy makes me so moist :love:
wa6oKnV.jpg

that looks noice!

i like to cook my salmon on a skillet high heat with a little avocado oil, cook for like a minute or 2 skin side down, and then off the stove and finish it in the oven for about 12 to 14 minutes - gives it a nice crispy skin and crispy edges - the crispy edges are my favorite

Fruitarian huh. I should make a YouTube video entitled, "I ate only fruit for 30 days, this is what happened". While people are on that keto and paleo diet, ill be on an orangutan diet. I wonder what would happen.

Id give up quick, can't imagine it. I guess avocados are fruit but there isn't much protein in fruit.
Actually, funny story, tonight my partner and I are having a TOTAL cheat dinner. Rhubarb and apple crumble with custard and vanilla icecream. Yes, for dinner. He suggested it. I was like what the actual fuck, who are you and what have you done with my fiance. But yes plz and thank you for coming kind sir.

There have been plenty of days when the only thing I ate was fruit. When I was on a high dose of methadone that's pretty much all I ate just so I could crap once in awhile. The problem with just fruit in your diet is the near complete lack of protein. I've become very thin as a result, but I do eat other foods to compensate, just not a whole lot. My body mass index is in great shape, just a bit above under weight in the "very healthy" range. The drawback for me is my belt just keeps getting bigger and bigger and my forehead keeps getting taller...either that or I'm losing hair..(I am losing hair, but being 62 isn't helping matters a hell of a lot)
I did go out and purchase some chicken and pork chops a few days ago. I still haven't cooked any of it yet. I suppose I probably should at some point before it spoils. I have a tendency to put these things off for too long. I work hard every day so I'm usually too tired to cook by the end of my day. 62 and I'm still doing hard, physical labor most every day. Today I have to drag 4 doors up a fight of steps and hang all 4.. I'd like to say I'm getting too old for this shit, but I work for myself and nobody else is going to pay my bills. I have a $3000 table saw I still need to pay for. It is nice to finally have nice things in my life without having to hock everything for dope.. 5 years ago I had the clothes on my back and an old guitar. Now I own a house and a $3000 table saw. I owe it all to eating too much fruit! LOL

Breaking my own rule this morning..3 eggs and slice of whole wheat bread...maybe some watermelon to wash it down. I already downed my morning coffee.. At least I'll have some fuel in my body to work so MAYBE I won't be completely wiped out by 2 o'clock..;)
Oh yeah..piece of chocolate! Life without chocolate is like no life at all..

Breaking my own rule this morning..3 eggs and slice of whole wheat bread...maybe some watermelon to wash it down. I already downed my morning coffee.. At least I'll have some fuel in my body to work so MAYBE I won't be completely wiped out by 2 o'clock..;)
Oh yeah..piece of chocolate! Life without chocolate is like no life at all..
FUCK YEAH DUDE you're gonna OWN IT today!!! Or the day has come to and end and you already owned it. Did you notice a difference with your energy levels??

PXL_20210605_153321812.jpg

This may be the healthiest thing I've ever eaten. There's like 16 different plants in there, and of course I needed to eat it outside.

I'm healthy as fuck boi
Awwwww yeah boi! Dat's what I'm talkn 'BOUT! :love:

last night i made a load of roasted veggies, flavoured with chilli, coriander and some herbs both dried and fresh, put some feta on too so it got kinda melty. then served on pearl barley. it is one of my go to healthy recipes, you can basically put any combo of veg in, and super tasty.