• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Diet What healthy food are you eating now? v. it's pronounced keen-waah

SAME!!! People turn their noses up at the idea of lab-grown meat products but I'm like pfft bitch it's literally the SAME CELLS, just grown in a petri dish. Get your puny human brain over it and fuckn eat it!
the same people that will take psilocybin mushrooms but not LSD because LSD is semi-synthetic and from a lab

bitch, please, imma smack the shit out of these people

it's naive

I consider myself a psuedo-modern hippie but damn... some people are stupid about it

some people are stupid about it
To be the advocate of the devil, the petrochimic industry is way worst for the environnement, but to grow some shrooms or cacti?
It's the same with meat, some people (a looooot) are so stupid about it.... They just can't stop eating it... Bu i have to move among them, to be friendly with them, trying to make them think that they are my allies when in fact they aren't and all that crap, soooooo stupid... :devilish:

To be the advocate of the devil, the petrochimic industry is way worst for the environnement, but to grow some shrooms or cacti?
It's the same with meat, some people (a looooot) are so stupid about it.... They just can't stop eating it... Bu i have to move among them, to be friendly with them, trying to make them think that they are my allies when in fact they aren't and all that crap, soooooo stupid... :devilish:
I guess I was referring to PETA or something like that, humans/animals eating other animals is normal, it's nature, but factory farming is unnatural

I have no problem with humane farming and meat tastes amazing

I just think some extreme anti-meat views are unrealistic at best

I just think some extreme anti-meat views are unrealistic at best
I don't think mine is... I mean i consider myself as a realist. Considering the actual human population there will not be enough lands to feed everyone, without talking about the sustainability... No man, some have to stop doing it, i'm not urge you to follow me of course, but i would advice to avoid to eat meat when you can... Tell yourself you have the luxe to do that...

I see a pig sometimes in somebody's yard on my morning walk, and if he's out of his cage, he comes up to me by the fence, and he just wants me to pet him, and i feel bad because i love eating pork....so i don't pet him

dTlr3zg.jpg

Admittedly it's not the nicest looking dish in the world, but I have really been loving lentils lately. They're very cheap, are a very good source of protein (though not complete, but are if paired with rice), are easily digested and are a great natural source of magnesium and iron too. They're also easy to cook in bulk and can be portioned out and frozen for up to 4 months!

After soaking for a few hours, I cook them with garlic, ginger, onions, carrots, some sultanas for a bit of sweetness, cumin, tomato paste, a little salt and finish with some diced tomatoes, a generous glug of olive oil and a healthy squirt of lemon juice (add this at the end or the vit C gets destroyed by the heat). It's DELICIOUS and super healthy. I've been cycling a lot and it is pretty much the perfect recovery food and goes a long way towards hitting my micro/macro nutrients.

Give it a shot!

I don't think mine is... I mean i consider myself as a realist. Considering the actual human population there will not be enough lands to feed everyone, without talking about the sustainability... No man, some have to stop doing it, i'm not urge you to follow me of course, but i would advice to avoid to eat meat when you can... Tell yourself you have the luxe to do that...
Come on guyyyys! This thread is supposed to be for sharing our yummy healthy food! Not for discussing sustainability and animal cruelty in the food industry. There are other threads for those discussions :)

After soaking for a few hours, I cook them with garlic, ginger, onions, carrots, some sultanas for a bit of sweetness, cumin, tomato paste, a little salt and finish with some diced tomatoes, a generous glug of olive oil and a healthy squirt of lemon juice (add this at the end or the vit C gets destroyed by the heat). It's DELICIOUS and super healthy. I've been cycling a lot and it is pretty much the perfect recovery food and goes a long way towards hitting my micro/macro nutrients.

Give it a shot!
That sounds really really good actually! <3

i hate lentils....i try to like them every once in a while but i still hate them

dTlr3zg.jpg

Admittedly it's not the nicest looking dish in the world, but I have really been loving lentils lately. They're very cheap, are a very good source of protein (though not complete, but are if paired with rice), are easily digested and are a great natural source of magnesium and iron too. They're also easy to cook in bulk and can be portioned out and frozen for up to 4 months!

Give it a shot!

Can't say it looks particularly appealing but I should make some. Don't remember lentils being too bad. Is it truly not hard on the stomach. Im trying to find non-animal protein that isn't rough on the stomach. Phenibut ate a hole in my stomach so its pretty sensitive.

escarole and bean soup....good stuff and easy to make

i like how that one uses orzo in it

Can't say it looks particularly appealing but I should make some. Don't remember lentils being too bad. Is it truly not hard on the stomach. Im trying to find non-animal protein that isn't rough on the stomach. Phenibut ate a hole in my stomach so its pretty sensitive.

It tastes much better than it looks and it doesn't make you as gassy as other legumes like beans or chickpeas. Very easy to digest.

Phenibut is definitely pretty hard on the stomach ime and I always make sure I have some yoghurt/toast in me before I take any. Helps with the stomach stuff, can be quite caustic feeling. It hits a tiny bit slower, but pretty negligibly. You talking Hcl or Faa? I only have experience with the former personally (max dose of 1.5g for me, seems to be my sweet spot).

Last edited:
When I get home I'm holding myself at gunpoint every Sunday to prepare a week of nutrient dense smoothies