• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Diet What healthy food are you eating now? v. it's pronounced keen-waah

The damn xanax is so compulsive lol. just demands you take more even though it feels like its doings nothing....so strange.

Yes xanax will do that, plus it is very addictive!!
Pleeeeease please please try to NOT combine alcohol and benzodiazepines such as xanax, lorazepam, diazepam, etizolam etc, it is a recipe for disaster (as you found out the hard way, ending up in the police cell!). Alcohol + benzodiazepines (xanax) = total memory blackout!!!

As for carbonated sugary drinks:
- they are high in fructose, which is extremely difficult for your body to burn as energy when it gets it in high amounts, so instead it just stores it as FAT!
- they are very acidic, which is bad for your teeth, and is one of the quickest ways to cause tooth decay!
- the sugar will also cause tooth decay!
This is not even mentioning the effects on internal organs such as the stomach, liver and kidneys!

So please try to stop, or at very least LIMIT your consumption of carbonated sugary drinks.

I didnt end up in the police cell or anything if thats what you thought my bad if im mistaken. I handle sugar extraodinarily better than most something genetic. Fat i like, but excess is quick for me. Its weird though like as soon as I had acid and benzos I felt the need to hit the bottle of vodka of too makes no sense unlike me 100% usually i think im just a psychedelic guy. All the sudden i want to experiment with everything under the sun.

I even bought a pack of cigs and smoked like half the carton. Felt only slightly gross the next day haha. but i ruined my bong because i put tobacco in it. well i just need to clean it. the cig tob in an apple worked like magic though perfect in my opinion.

Yes xanax will do that, plus it is very addictive!!
Pleeeeease please please try to NOT combine alcohol and benzodiazepines such as xanax, lorazepam, diazepam, etizolam etc, it is a recipe for disaster (as you found out the hard way, ending up in the police cell!). Alcohol + benzodiazepines (xanax) = total memory blackout!!!

As for carbonated sugary drinks:
- they are high in fructose, which is extremely difficult for your body to burn as energy when it gets it in high amounts, so instead it just stores it as FAT!
- they are very acidic, which is bad for your teeth, and is one of the quickest ways to cause tooth decay!
- the sugar will also cause tooth decay!
This is not even mentioning the effects on internal organs such as the stomach, liver and kidneys!

So please try to stop, or at very least LIMIT your consumption of carbonated sugary drinks.
I agree I plan to stick to starchy veggies and beans and legumes more.

Carbonated sugary drinks are THE WORST THING for your body for multiple reasons!! STEER CLEAR OF THEM!
I always used ti think people were overreacting but definitely not. I can tell when I drink mostly water how much cleaner my body feels as opposed to how crappy I feel when I drink nothing but pop.

Just in the last couple years have I paid any attention what so ever to my diet and the impact on my energy levels / overall wellbeing.

Yea I haven’t had a soda in probably about 10yrs besides the very occasional mix drink, but even then I try to avoid it cuz the hangover gets way worse. Kombucha makes a much better alternative.

As I’ve gotten my diet cleaner, once you remove something toxic it’s hard to ever bring it back in. I can’t drink even half a can of soda without feeling like garbage after. I can’t eat dairy anymore. Overall sweets, even fruit, can fuck me up easily.

I run well on mostly meat, vegetables, fats, grains, and a single serving of fruit, in that order. The slow cooker is my best friend because I believe long slow cooks help to break down the food and make certain nutrients more bioavailable. Add in some raw/fresh foods too for the missed nutrients that cooking destroys.

-GC

Yea I haven’t had a soda in probably about 10yrs besides the very occasional mix drink, but even then I try to avoid it cuz the hangover gets way worse. Kombucha makes a much better alternative.

As I’ve gotten my diet cleaner, once you remove something toxic it’s hard to ever bring it back in. I can’t drink even half a can of soda without feeling like garbage after. I can’t eat dairy anymore. Overall sweets, even fruit, can fuck me up easily.

I run well on mostly meat, vegetables, fats, grains, and a single serving of fruit, in that order. The slow cooker is my best friend because I believe long slow cooks help to break down the food and make certain nutrients more bioavailable. Add in some raw/fresh foods too for the missed nutrients that cooking destroys.

-GC
Interesting....... I'm going to have to look into a slow cooker. I never put much thought into it but I honestly feel like 25yrs of using opioids has caused a lot of digestive problems. I always hear about them causing leaky gut and I do believe that my body isn't getting everything it could from my meals. I'm actually surprised because I'm having trouble with my appetite even being on methadone.

My health has really started taking priority lately because I never really felt I had a reason to love or take care of myself before. I've always been extremely lonely and disperatelty searching for love from the opposite sex but despite being 6'2 160lbs and rather attractive I've been extremely unsuccessful because I'm rather awkward and inexperienced for someone my age because when my girlfriend overdosed and died 15yrs ago and then I found out I was Hep-C positive I totally shunned human contact for a very longtime and admittedly I'm very picky though not for looks. Its just hard to find women/people I feel comfortable around, who are authentic.

That really long and sad history was to say that I've been helping raise my niece because her Dad is a #@$& and for the first time in a my life I feel loved. She made me breakdown and cry like a baby because she is getting older and knows I have certain medical issues, which caused her to freakout, sobbing tears and telling me she's afraid and doesn't know what she'll do if I'm gone because nobody knows how to love each other anymore except me and that I have to stay take care of her and tell the world..... Its making me tear up thinking about it.

Well anyways.... I guess I went from injecting whatever crap RC opiate my dealer was trying to pass off as heroin to now caring about sugars effect on my liver....lol.... Progress.

Last edited:
I’ve been basically living on fruit smoothies made with frozen fruit of different kinds and coconut water. Mainly blueberries, mangos, strawberries, and bananas. I’m not sure how healthy it really is given how much sugar there is in all that fruit. I must be having like 8-10 servings of fruit a day. Sometime I throw kale in as well.

Interesting....... I'm going to have to look into a slow cooker. I never put much thought into it but I honestly feel like 25yrs of using opioids has caused a lot of digestive problems. I always hear about them causing leaky gut and I do believe that my body isn't getting everything it could from my meals. I'm actually surprised because I'm having trouble with my appetite even being on methadone.

My health has really started taking priority lately because I never really felt I had a reason to love or take care of myself before. I've always been extremely lonely and disperatelty searching for love from the opposite sex but despite being 6'2 160lbs and rather attractive I've been extremely unsuccessful because I'm rather awkward and inexperienced for someone my age because when my girlfriend overdosed and died 15yrs ago and then I found out I was Hep-C positive I totally shunned human contact for a very longtime and admittedly I'm very picky though not for looks. Its just hard to find women/people I feel comfortable around, who are authentic.

That really long and sad history was to say that I've been helping raise my niece because her Dad is a #@$& and for the first time in a my life I feel loved. She made me breakdown and cry like a baby because she is getting older and knows I have certain medical issues, which caused her to freakout, sobbing tears and telling me she's afraid and doesn't know what she'll do if I'm gone because nobody knows how to love each other anymore except me and that I have to stay and tell the world..... Its making me tear up thinking about it.

Well anyways.... I guess I went from injecting whatever crap RC opiate my dealer was trying to pass off as heroin to now caring about sugars effect on my liver....lol.... Progress.

Slow cooker is great on so many fronts. It really breaks down the food allowing better absorption. It tastes amazing. And... You can make up large amounts that can be reheated later. (I’m weird about microwaves so bought some small stainless steel trays that I reheat food on in a toaster oven.)

If you want some really healthy slow cooker recipes, there’s a Whole30 recipe book that’s got some amazing dishes. I know I’m starting to sound like a Whole30 rep but goddamn has the diet done me wonders.

This week I’ve done a bolegnese sauce for some whole grain noodles, a pork shoulder in Jamaican seasonings then used for BBQ sandwiches or on salads, and chicken salad which is good on all sorts of things.

Normally I do recipes with a lot more veggies but had a busy week so stuck to salads and fresh veggies more as sides.

One of my favorite dishes lately, a Korean style beef that’s slow cooked in like this orange, coco aminos, fish sauce, spicy liquid until fall apart. Then on top of Jicama salad with red onion, orange pieces, orange bell pepper, and lime/olive oil. That Jicama will get you moving (shitting) but damn is good!!

-GC

@G_Chem Damn my man... That sounds amazing. I'm definitely gonna dig one up(slow cooker). Also interested in your take on microwaves. I've heard they destroy some of the nutrients and I would also like to get away from the practice.

Eating an everything bagel with pepper jack cheese right now. I would have a very difficult time giving up dairy.... Nom, nom melte CHEESE.

I've started drinking supplement shakes to ensure I'm getting enough calories and nutrients. Not the healthiest way but I feel it's necessary at the moment.

Last edited:
I've been on an air fryer kick lately. If it can be airfried.... that's where it's been going. Definitely better than frying in oil.

I want an air fryer so bad! Soon.. Soon..

@G_Chem Damn my man... That sounds amazing. I'm definitely gonna dig one up(slow cooker). Also interested in your take on microwaves. I've heard they destroy some of the nutrients and I would also like to get away from the practice.

Eating an everything bagel with pepper jack cheese right now. I would have a very difficult time giving up dairy.... Nom, nom melte CHEESE.

I've started drinking supplement shakes to ensure I'm getting enough calories and nutrients. Not the healthiest way but I feel it's necessary at the moment.

Cheese was and still is the hardest thing for me to give up. I grew up in a house where there wasn’t much food but always reliably a block of cheese that I’d nibble on like a mouse. So it’s in my blood, I was raised on the Dairy.

In my mid 20’s I began to notice a correlation between my headaches and when I’d eat dairy, especially cheese and ice cream. After much experimentation I’ve realized I’m allergic to the casein, not the lactose like many believe. Butter, and even better ghee, have no negative effect on me.

Fuck tho do I miss a good aged cheddar or Parmesan...

So as you said microwaves can destroy nutrients as well as create free radicals that fuck with our antioxidant system. I still use it occasionally if I’m really tired and lazy but 90% of my microwave needs have been replaced with a metal tray and toaster oven. After having this convo I may strive to push that to 100%.

-GC

Not a big fan of food. I stick to booze, fags and drugs.

That's why I'm not a fat cunt...

i don't own a microwave and don't intend to buy one ever. not only does it diminish nutrients, it makes food feel gross.

i have eaten mega unhealthy today..... ice cream, cake, chocolate, toast, cheese, pierogi with sour cream..... tiny bit of salad with dinner. in my defense i have burned more than 1600 calories by exercise running 20k. i usually eat a lot more whole foods and fruit/veg but my body needed the energy today and i'm too exhausted to make/eat decent food.