Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • H&R Moderators: chinup | VerbalTruist | n3ophy7e
  • Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

Diet What healthy food are you eating now? v. it's pronounced keen-waah

n3ophy7e

Moderator: TDS, H&R
Staff member
that is really weird. apples were one of my safe foods too. until they weren't, which was scary as fuck cos you just know that its insane not to be able to eat an apple. i started getting petrified that my strawberries would stop being allowed. it took me years to be able to actually enjoy them again.

you gotta try some proper french cheese! i imagine its hard to get in australia and expensive but maybe there's local proxies?
My partner hasn't even heard of those cheeses (he's the chef, so if he hasn't heard of it, it's either super rare or not available at all in Aus). He reckons if we were to find any of those cheeses, it'd have to be in a proper legit French deli, and yeah they would be really expensive.

chinup

Moderator: H&R, EADD
Staff member
i would post you some but i think its probably illegal. i know they are funny about bringing stuff into aus and the french don't generally pasteurise their cheese. you'll just have to come to europe for a cheese tour.

n3ophy7e

Staff member
i would post you some but i think its probably illegal. i know they are funny about bringing stuff into aus and the french don't generally pasteurise their cheese. you'll just have to come to europe for a cheese tour.
Oh goodness me no, there's no way unpasteurised cheese would make it through customs :(

BK38

Moderator: TL
Staff member
Stufetini a la Romana

This is a delicious pasta dish that was my favorite as a child and it includes Cincinnati chili sauce (If you have never had Cincinnati chili, this is the fancy version). It’s our take on Greek pasta sauce here.

Ingedients:

- 1lb of cheap meat (think chuck steak or sirloin) whatever is on sale
- 1 box of fettuccine or linguine pasta
- 1 packet of Cincinnati chili mix (buy either Skyline, or Gold Star mixes available online)
- 8 oz of shredded Colby or mild cheddar cheese (or if you like mozzarella could work).
- 3 cloves of diced/pressed garlic
- salt
- butter
- olive oil
- wine (dry red wine)

Slice Chuck/sirloin into 1 and 1/2 inch pieces and brown with a tablespoon and 1/2 of olive olive. Season with salt, and add diced/pressed garlic. Add red wine to browning meat. When meat is browned turn off the heat and add Cincinnati chili mix to the pan (follow directions) and simmer on low until the pasta is cooked.

Cook pasta slightly al dente or how you prefer with butter, olive oil, and salt. Add a dash of wine to your noodles and mix together.

When done, plate the pasta with the meat sauce on top and add your shredded cheese.

Serve with a salad and vegetable of your choosing, along with a glass of red wine with the meal.

For dessert, a basic vanilla ice cream of your choice pairs nicely.

That’s living it rich in Cincinnati! Here’s a song you can listen to while you eat:

Enjoy!

🧙‍♂️

This seems very high in fat, salt and sugar.. tbh, it doesn't sound at all healthy to me. Perhaps this would be better suited to our Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner munchies thread over in TL?

Four Mile Creek, St. Clair Township, Ohio
This seems very high in fat, salt and sugar.. tbh, it doesn't sound at all healthy to me. Perhaps this would be better suited to our Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner munchies thread over in TL?
It’s quite healthy and taste good too. Not much fat and you can season to taste. If you have an aversion to red meat and cheese or other dietary restrictions than by all means, don’t eat eat things with those ingredients. Last time I checked, pasta dishes weren’t unhealthy when combined with a well balanced diet. Not sure why you felt compelled to call my pasta recipe out for?

Have a good day,

🧙‍♂️

chinup

Staff member
i would argue that something should contain a couple of portions of fruit or veg to qualify as healthy.

on that note i have eaten nearly two large bars of fruit and nut chocolate over the past 2 days.....

n3ophy7e

Staff member
It’s quite healthy and taste good too. Not much fat and you can season to taste. If you have an aversion to red meat and cheese or other dietary restrictions than by all means, don’t eat eat things with those ingredients. Last time I checked, pasta dishes weren’t unhealthy when combined with a well balanced diet. Not sure why you felt compelled to call my pasta recipe out for?

Have a good day,

🧙‍♂️
It looks fine to me! I mean, I wouldn't recommend it for anyone trying to LOSE weight, but it's not unhealthy. I'd still treat it as a comfort food meal, not a healthy meal, as such.

Oh, and 3 cloves of garlic??? Pffffft, PUHLEEASE. 6 or 7, at LEAST ;)

BK38

Staff member

Have a good day,

🧙‍♂️

It was more the ice cream and butter/oil/cheese and cheap cuts of meat combo that struck me as rather unhealthy. Guess we'll just have to differ in opinion on what constitutes healthy. I just thought it might be better suited in that thread I linked. Have a good day too.

Mr. Krinkle

Bluelighter

Ganjcat

Bluelighter
Peanuts are not nuts, they are legumes. They are also super healthy. They're an excellent plant-based source of protein and high in various vitamins, minerals, and plant compounds. They are very heart healthy too, full of “good” fat and calories. Also, can really help as part of a weight loss diet and may reduce your risk of both heart disease and gallstones.

A+ healthy food. You can pretty much live on only peanuts which was George Washington Carver point with coming up with 300 uses for peanuts (I did a science project on peanuts in the 6th grade) 😀

🧙‍♂️
to bad most people are allergic to them I think you could kill more people with peanuts than chlorine gas my my used to feed me peanuts when I was young in increasing doses to strengthen my immune system

chinup

Staff member
went to a lebanese restaurant with some friends for dinner. it was amazing.

had broad beans with yoghurt, baba ganoush with walnuts, a yoghurty dip with cracked wheat, batata harra (spicy potatoes) and fattoush. so good and pretty healthy, especially for a restaurant.

n3ophy7e

Staff member
went to a lebanese restaurant with some friends for dinner. it was amazing.

had broad beans with yoghurt, baba ganoush with walnuts, a yoghurty dip with cracked wheat, batata harra (spicy potatoes) and fattoush. so good and pretty healthy, especially for a restaurant.
I've only been to a Lebanese restaurant once and it was AMAZING!! <3

BK38

Staff member

Tuna salad with organic cucumbers, tomatoes and parsley. 1 Tbsp mayo, healthy glug of olive oil, lemon juice and fresh cracked pepper. Perfect for the summer heat when heavy meals are harder to eat.

Ghost fart

Greenlighter
Breakfast: Coffee (just coffee, no sugar, no milk, no cream) and a few toasts with cream cheese

Lunch: Spinach soup

Dinner: A vegetarian burger with cream cheese.

One or two apples during the evening here, and that is it. Plenty of water of course, during the day, it is hot here, by my standards.