🌼 Welcome Guest 🌼
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • H&R Moderators: chinup | VerbalTruist | n3ophy7e
  • Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

Diet What healthy food are you eating now? v. it's pronounced keen-waah

jasperkent

Bluelighter
My diet is a mix of healthy/unhealthy foods. I love sugar(but not sodas as much as I used to) and I love pork (especially bacon) BUT every morning I eat bran flakes with yogurt, blueberries, strawberries, and almonds, no added sugar.
I eat salad with every supper, usually with spinach, raw broccoli, and tomatoes.
LOVE Brussels Sprouts!
LOVE fruity smoothies!
Quinoa? Sorry, I think it tastes like dust.
I miss sprouts. I may start sprouting my own. Any pointers?

n3ophy7e

Moderator: TDS, H&R, MH
Staff member
My diet is a mix of healthy/unhealthy foods. I love sugar(but not sodas as much as I used to) and I love pork (especially bacon) BUT every morning I eat bran flakes with yogurt, blueberries, strawberries, and almonds, no added sugar.
I eat salad with every supper, usually with spinach, raw broccoli, and tomatoes.
LOVE Brussels Sprouts!
LOVE fruity smoothies!
Quinoa? Sorry, I think it tastes like dust.
I miss sprouts. I may start sprouting my own. Any pointers?
All of those foods sound great!

What kind of yoghurt do you use for breakfast? Gotta be careful with some yoghurts, especially if they're flavoured, as they can have quite a bit of sugar in them. Gotta check the nutrition panel on the packaging. Plain/natural Greek yoghurts often have the least amount of sugar. Coconut milk yoghurts are also low sugar, and I LOVE the taste :)

Salads really are endless at the possibilities. Using spinach, raw broccoli and tomatoes is very healthy BUT you are really limiting yourself on flavour there, and you could risk getting bored of it. Are you using those ingredients for a particular reason e.g. you grow your own spinach, broccoli and tomatoes? Or is it a cost-constraint? There are sooooo many incredibly delicious salads you can make if you're willing to branch out a little to other ingredients.

I like brussel sprouts too!! But my husband hates them so we never eat them, boooooo haha. He's a head chef so I'm like MATE, you can make ANYTHING taste good, let's just try some brussel sprouts. But he's like nope nope nope nope nope. I think he's too traumatised from having to eat them as a kid haha.

With quinoa, it's the kind of thing that you definitely have to know how to cook and prepare properly. If you cook it the same way as rice, it is really shit. My partner makes THE MOST AMAZING quinoa dishes, I'm like I don't even care how you do it, just keep serving it to me hahahaha.

Hippy Flower Fairy

Bluelighter
The most healthy thing I'm consuming is fortisip nutrient supplement drinks, the one I just drank might come back up in a sec though lol

chinup

Moderator: H&R, EADD
Staff member
i made chakshouka last night- think that is pretty healthy, served with a lot of salad. very tasty dinner.

also made kuku, iranian herb frittery-omeletty thing, also served with lots of salad, in the week. am back on my diet and so far doing pretty well, not finding it too difficult to resist unhealthy snacks and limit carbs and unhealthy fats at meal times.

chinup

Moderator: H&R, EADD
Staff member
What is that babe?

slow cooked onions and peppers flavoured with cumin seeds and paprika, then you add tinned tomatoes and cook a bit more. then crack some eggs on the top and bake in the oven. very easy and tasty, and i say that as someone who is really funny about eggs, i very rarely choose to cook with them.

jasperkent

Bluelighter
All of those foods sound great!

What kind of yoghurt do you use for breakfast? Gotta be careful with some yoghurts, especially if they're flavoured, as they can have quite a bit of sugar in them. Gotta check the nutrition panel on the packaging. Plain/natural Greek yoghurts often have the least amount of sugar. Coconut milk yoghurts are also low sugar, and I LOVE the taste :)

Salads really are endless at the possibilities. Using spinach, raw broccoli and tomatoes is very healthy BUT you are really limiting yourself on flavour there, and you could risk getting bored of it. Are you using those ingredients for a particular reason e.g. you grow your own spinach, broccoli and tomatoes?

Sorry bout that...my phone is fucked up.
Yes, I always grow tomatoes, various peppers, herbs, and weed. Wanting to expand my garden.
Yogurt? Some flavored, but mostly plain Greek. Recently made my own and it's OK but a little gritty. Not sure what I did wrong.
Still want to do my own sprouts-- especially alfalfa & radish.

G_Chem

Bluelighter
Being weird generally. Eating protein powders daily and trying to eat nothing but lean meat and cheese. Vegetables.
Tying to withdrawal from a moderate opioid habit...😫🤠 ..... hence the healthy eating. It helps you taper if you're physically strong and eating right.

Zinc and Vit D can also majorly help, I take em at night usually cuz they make me sleepy but ya definitely helps get you through the night when all you wanna do is toss n turn.

Meats are a good source of zinc already, but oysters are where it’s at for good amounts.

-GC

iTry91

Bluelighter
I fried mine in the frying pan cause my ovens broke... Didn't*even know if you can cook it in the oven as I hardly ever eat fish

iTry91

Bluelighter
Is it true about having fish in moderation these days due to mercury?
I've only recently started to enjoy it other than fish fingers and chipshop fish n chips lol

Mr. Krinkle

Bluelighter
Is it true about having fish in moderation these days due to mercury?
I've only recently started to enjoy it other than fish fingers and chipshop fish n chips lol

i think Tuna is the worst offender....but i could be wrong....i dont really eat tuna much tho

Salmon and Cod are your best bets for the least toxins - which i eat fairly frequently 🎣