Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • H&R Moderators: chinup | VerbalTruist | n3ophy7e
  • Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

Diet What healthy food are you eating now? v. it's pronounced keen-waah

chinup

Moderator: H&R, EADD
Staff member
last night i had salad with felafel and hummous but my boyf does it in a way where he fries some red onion and spices and chickpeas to go on top. very tasty and filling.

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
Nut butter ;)

No seriously, people think they're bad for you - especially peanut butter - but in moderation they're actually good for you. High in protein and healthy fat. They're delicious and filling with slow release energy so you feel full and satisfied. My favourite is cashew butter, but I like almond butter, too. Peanut butter is healthy, too, just don't buy one of the American brands as they tend to have sugar and sodium added to them. Some European/UK brands have added sugar, too, but much less.
Actually "don't buy one of the American brands" applies to pretty much all food, although MOST are banned outside of the U.S. anyway as they don't meet the food safety standards anywhere else (except Tonga which has the unhealthiest food in the world. They east what nobody in Australia would touch. They have a 90% obesity rate...they're are also extremely prideful of what they eat for some reason?)
I really like porridge/oatmeal, too.

darvocet21

Bluelighter
Tell us what healthy food you're eating today!!

I have a massive sweet tooth and it's really hard for me to stay away from sugar :(

I was really craving yoghurt today, but instead of the really sweet flavoured yoghurts that are packed full of sugar, I got natural greek yoghurt, honey, and a mix of pepitas, sunflower seeds, almonds and sultanas, and mixed it all together. SO YUM!!! (Oh and they're my supplements in the photo too haha, multivitamin, Milk Thistle for my poor lil liver, thiamine for my alcoholic brain, and a skin/hair/nails supplement cos my hair won't grow and my nails keep breaking).
Looks like you're ready for battle with your multivitamins, minerals and B complex

btechlc

Bluelighter
Not really relevant to the thread - more along the lines of shit food I avoided eating.

I am about to hit the road for a trip and my wife stopped by McDonalds to get some quick food, as we don't plan to eat today after we hit the road, and that location no longer served salads. Whatever the fuck that meant.

So my years long streak of not eating McDonalds continues.

Mr. Krinkle

Bluelighter
What is gammon steak?
gammon steak in British English

(ˈɡæmən steɪk) a thick cut of meat made from smoked or cured bacon or ham and often served with pineapple or fried egg.

:unsure:

Nautica24

Bluelighter
What is gammon steak?
gammon steak in British English

(ˈɡæmən steɪk) a thick cut of meat made from smoked or cured bacon or ham and often served with pineapple or fried egg.

:unsure:
Yeah its like a beef steak but Pork instead. What would you say your equivalent is?

negrogesic

Moderator: BDD, OD
Staff member
I'm sorry but this thread is beginning to trigger me......

I once got into a physical fight with some body builder type shithead in a whole foods parking lot, he was a grade A asshole, it did not end well, not sure how it started but I know he started it 🥵

darvocet21

Bluelighter
I once got into a physical fight with some body builder type shithead in a whole foods parking lot, he was a grade A asshole, it did not end well, not sure how it started but I know he started it 🥵
Just think how happy that rapper is now that his Clippers have finally made the NBA finals

Last edited:

Coffeeshroom

Moderator: NMI
Staff member
Well seeing as i started a LCHF diet this week, my diet is mostly of the following
Meats: chicken, fish (Hake, haddock and tuna), pork, beef, boerewors, and biltong.
complex carbs: oats, rice, mielie pap, egg noodles, tomatoes (can't live without them) and potatoes now and then.
simple carbs: sugary drinks like powerade or energade or game (mostly for post workout)
Veggies: basically anything green, spinach, broccoli, rabbit food (lettuce) and yeah, so on
Fats: peanut butter, nuts, oils, fats from meat and avocado (as they in season now)

Yeah that's the gist of things so far

Edit: forgot to add meat or oval like, livers, hearts and kidneys too (chicken hearts being my favorite)

Last edited: