• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc what harm could/is 2-3000mg Pregabalin daily be doing to my body.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alesabella

Greenlighter
yes I mean lyrica (pregabalin) NOT gabapentin.

i'm finding very little information online on what harm this drug does, especially in such high doses.

opiate addict for 5 years, got off opiates using lyrica and it's been about 6 months- I am now taking up to 3000mg pregabalin a day.... I have read nothing but horror stories about pregabalin and that's just for maybe 600mg habits. I know the withdrawals are hell, I'd say they're almost on par with coming off a gram of H daily habit.

my concern is what this drug is doing.. before I began research I expected doses as high as mine to be maybe normal or at least documented more and clearly they are not.

i'm more addicted to this drug than I ever was H. I cannot stress enough the precaution that needs to be taken if you are going to abuse pregabalin

all i could find is; 'Several renal failure patients developed myoclonus while receiving pregabalin, apparently as a result of gradual accumulation of the drug. Acute overdosage may be manifested by somnolence, tachycardia and hypertonicity. Plasma, serum or blood concentrations of pregabalin may be measured to monitor therapy or to confirm a diagnosis of poisoning in hospitalized patients.'

but that accumulation were instances of overdoses - long term i havent the foggiest. hopefully sekio or someone can come clarify when they're available.

i'm curious, why did you start taking them? they made me feeeel like i'd taken a bad E; hated them - and i'm a H addict atm.

Also such high dosing tends to lower your seizure threshold. Has anyone ever mentioned if you kind of twitch a bit at night while sleeping after taking a large dose of pregabalin? That is not at all uncommon. It's the increased risk of seizure thing that's troubling.

as of lately i have been waking up with a dull aching around my kidneys, it can't be good for them although my medical tests always come back pretty decent, thanks though.

i jumped off a suboxone program after a year at 24 mg, no taper just a naive epiphany that i could do it.. wouldn't recommend it to anyone, i spent a couple weeks in hospital after that. i was given the pregabalin in hospital for rls and weight gain (had a bmi of 12, <40kg 170cm, scary aha) and kinda fancied it, when i got out i picked up a box of lyrica 300's and finished them in two days.. i was in love, i feel like i'm on a combination of H, meth and benzos.. the warmth and comforting of H, the attention and enthusiasm of meth, and the lack of judgement, poor coordination and memory loss of benzos. but i've just once again replaced one addiction for another and i'm thinking this one is worse. i'm only 23 i have to get my act together

Last edited:
that does concern me too, i have a bit of a history with seizures when withdrawing from benzos and pot.
i do twitch a lot in my sleep, but i have had a problem with rls for about 10 years which i put it down to as the lyrica doesn't provide much relief from it anymore.

Go to a doctor, tell them your unable to think for yourself, and they will withdrawal you for a long time.! Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.