• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction What happens if you take kratom or drink while on suboxone?

Mycophile

Bluelighter
This is a companion thread to my other thread where I explained that i want something to help with the cravings for kratom and alcohol so i can more easily try to be sober for like 3 months at first, then hopefully longer, but NOT FOREVER, and i want my doc to prescribe ultra low dose naltexone but she won't, only high dose or suboxone, and i have a feeling from what i have read that suboxone is probably more bad news and a harder drug than kratom and so i am not sure i'm interested or can understand why she'd prescribe that and not micordoses of naltrexone simply because she knows i may mix with ULDN with kratom.

But if i chose to take suboxone, would it block me from getting high on kratom, or if not, what would happen?

My doctor seems to be saying that suboxone helps with kratom wd just like other opioid wd, so is it safe?

Oddly, while i heard that ULDN may potentiate kratom and also reduce wds and lower tolerance and possibly make it safer, that it may also reduce cravings, so i want that and not another opioid that may be harder than kratom, so if it WON'T stop the kratom high i won't want suboxone as i would see it as a replacement high. I'd be willing to try ULDN cause that isn't introducing a new opioid into my life, but she says no to that cause that's ''atypical'' and would only try normal dose naltexone.

And does suboxone prevent you from getting drunk and help with cravings for drinking?

Thanks.

I'm fairly certain you won't feel the kratom at all. Sorry bud. I'm sure people have found ways around the sub timeline though--and I know specifically they have with shooting up heroin for sure.

It does not prevent you from getting drunk. But please don't drink on it for many hours after it's receded. Maybe... 8 hours? Unsure. Drinking on other opiates is more potentially fatal but suboxone isn't exactly safe to take and then go on a bar bender with. Best to wait a few hours.

That's where kratom is unique. I've eaten a ton of kratom while drinking a lot of alcohol. Most people would vomit, but I love the combo. Kratom is safe to drink alcohol on-suboxone is questionable so best not to risk. You won't die from 1-2 beers though.

Last edited:
I'm fairly certain you won't feel the kratom at all. Sorry bud. I'm sure people have found ways around the sub timeline though--and I know specifically they have with shooting up heroin for sure.

It does not prevent you from getting drunk. But please don't drink on it for many hours after it's receded. Maybe... 8 hours? Unsure. Drinking on other opiates is more potentially fatal but suboxone isn't exactly safe to take and then go on a bar bender with. Best to wait a few hours.

That's where kratom is unique. I've eaten a ton of kratom while drinking a lot of alcohol. Most people would vomit, but I love the combo. Kratom is safe to drink alcohol on-suboxone is questionable so best not to risk. You won't die from 1-2 beers though.

No need to apologize dude, cause the whole point (with POSSIBLE exception of Ultra Low Dose Naltrexone which she says she'll THINK ABOUT but isn't yet willing to prescribe) is to find something to preferably block BOTH kratom and alcohol and also help with the cravings, not so much the acute WD though cause I already have klonopin which helps with both and i know i can get over both the kratom and dex WD in probably less than the 12 days I have off work, and if i have any alcohol wd it would be weak and also helped by the klonopin.

I'm kind of weird in terms of what i'm looking for, though addicts like us probably wouldn't find it as weird as doctors, in that i can't moderate well with any of these drugs so I figure the one sure way to either moderate or temporarily abstain is a drug that does it for you (i still have to have the will power to take it) but i know for almost a certainty i'll still want to use both kratom and drink many more times in my life, but i just can't allow myself to do either as frequently as now cause they mess with my life.

But ultra low dose naltrexone HAS BEEN PROPOSED, though not proven, to be different from high dose and possibly more effective in terms of helping with drug cravings without actually being addictive or an opioid, possibly helping with depression as an off label anti-depressant, and since i have depression that's appealing, and many people on reddit and other forums have said that IF THEY GET THE DOSE RIGHT, they can take Ultra Low Dose Naltrexone not only with kratom but any opioid and not only have it NOT block it, but POTENTIATE IT, while also simultaneously reducing tolerance, dependence, WD effects and side effects DRAMATICALLY, as well as cravings.

This sounds amazing of course, cause I especially LOVE kratom, but i don't ''want to want it'' as often as i do, and same with alcohol and dex. I want to be able to take it if I choose to, and not if I don't, but not crave it like crazy, and that seems like it MIGHT be possible with ULDN, but that is exactly why my doctor won't prescribe it, cause she knows I'll eventually want to try the combo, and that plus ULDN not yet being though clinical trials and approved makes her feel like she'd be liable, other than if she prescribes full dose naltrexone. But..it's ironic that she'll prescribe suboxone which MY GUESS is is not safer than kratom and probably more dangerous, and also probably more dangerous than the combo of ULDN and Kratom.

I read on reddit that some Kratom users who were up as high as me dosing like 10-12 grams per dose or more and when combining it w/ ULDN were able to get back down to 2 grams a dose while having their kratom high feel STRONGER than on like 6 times as much, BUT, also making them NOT FEEL THEY WANT OR NEED TO TAKE KRATOM, like it's an easy choice to take or not, AND that supposedly they have been able to stop taking kratom cold turkey while continuing to use ULDN with about 75 percent decrease in withdrawal effects!!

Heroin users and morphine users have also said that they have combined their opiate w/ ULDN and brought their tolerance down by like 4 times and have been able to go cold turkey off of heroin and moprhine and also methadone with VERY little WD effects, which seems impossible, and while it is far from proven, I believe that these people aren't lying.

So my doctor knows i believe this and want to eventually combine ULDN w/ kratom so she doesn't want to prescribe it to me, and while i get that, because she feels liable legally if she prescribes something that isn't normally prescribed to a drug users, EVEN BY HER OWN ADMISSION SHE DOESN'T SEE HOW IT WOULD BE DANGEROUS TO MIX KRATOM WITH ULDN...she just won't do it because of the very slim chances that something could go wrong and she's liable.

And i've explained to her that my interest in it is NOT just as a potentiator, and that regardless of whether or not it works with kratom like that, that i STILL am determined to go AT LEAST 3 months without any drugs at all, kratom, booze, dex etc, and only THEN would i MAYBE be interested in combining them...but she still sees it as too much of a risk for her...and again, i understand, but it's not dangerous to do and yet i think suboxone is more dangerous which she'll prescribe.

I mean, IF the accounts are true then using any opiate w/ ULDN WOULD MAKE IT SAFER, and she's like ''yeah but that's not proven'', and it's not, but again, she has admitted that AT WORST it would not be dangerous. Maybe it would even operate like full dose naltrexone and block the kratom, and according to the people who have done it they have to get the dose EXACT between like 1.5--4.5 MICROGRAMS or it will block their opiate.

I want to be able to choose to block a high or alcohol buzz if i want, or take what i want on it if i want to, BUT, still have MASSIVELY decreased cravings so i don't want to and can stop thinking like an addict and using so much, and have the potential anti-depressant effect ULDN MIGHT bring, along with the POSSIBLE ability to diminish kratom WD....but OF COURSE a doctor sees this as an addict just wanting to find a better way to use, and again...it PARTIALLY IS...but I also have some pure intentions for how i'd use it, and i just feel I should be allowed to LOL...typical addict thinking.

People are doing a lot of interesting studies w/ microdosing naltrexone and many SEEM to suggest it operates differently than full dose.

What i have heard is that basically both high dose, low dose and ultra low dose naltrexone increase endorphins and paradoxically block opiate and pleasure receptors somehow by flooding them with so many endorphins, but that at ultra low doses, unlike high doses which produce so many endorphins they block everything, that then they produce just the right amount of endorphins to allow you to be able to get either partial or full effect from opiates, decreased effects from alcohol, but still some, BUT...still make you not crave them...sounds like best of both worlds.

The couple studies i read that proposed this made sense because they said that UNLIKE full dose naltrexone, ultra low dose naltrexone basically gives one a similar kind of ''runner's high'' to that achieved by exercising due to the increase in endorphins, and supposedly exercise, sunlight and other healthy habits, along also with smoking weed, can potentiate the effects of ultra low dose naltrexone.

It makes sense cause when i am trying not to use any drug exercise helps me more than anything with my mood and cravings, and if i have just worked out really hard and feel calm from the endorphins my cravings for any drug or alcohol is about as low as they can get. That also makes sense as to their proposal that that is why it can MAYBE work as an off label antidepressant.

But..i am aware that really none of this has been 100 PERCENT PROVEN, and studies are still ongoing, but i still read that so far they show a lot of promise and are in phase 3 trials. So we are just talking about a much lower dose of an already approved drug here, and i don't see why a doctor shouldn't be willing to let a patient experiment, but again, they feel liable. I could have asked her for ketamine or oxy or a drug that gets me high...but i'm just asking for a lower dose of a drug blocker that she's already willing to prescribe....and yet...NO.

But the studies are so experimental, especially with kratom involved, and while there are RARE doctors who prescribe ULDN, it's still rare and showing promise in phase 3 trials, but still not approved medically yet IN THE USA.

In Finland however, there is something called ''The Sinclair Method'' to help alcoholics stop drinking, and the protocol is SPECIFICALLY TO DRINK WHILE ON ULTRA LOW DOSE NALTREXONE, which is contrary to what doctors normally advice.

Supposedly the way it works is that it reduces but doesn't ENTIRELY eliminate the pleasure from drinking, so you can still get drunk or buzzed on it and it KIND OF feels good, but not as good as usual and you don't end up craving more alcohol over time.

The way they do it is they say the method will ONLY WORK IF YOU DO TAKE ULDN AN HOUR BEFORE YOU DRINK every time, and that over time your brain stops associating alcohol with pleasure and you no longer want to drink. I'm not sure if they say you CAN'T take ULDN while not drinking at all for their method to work, or that you can but it's pointless, but they just say that you can drink as infrequently as you want, but just to make sure that every time you do to take the ULDN before and eventually you will no longer think like an alcoholic.

It actually has a 78 percent success ratio in Finland of helping alcoholics quit, but my doctor doesn't believe in it of course cause Finland isn't the U.S. so therefore we don't know they are human like us LOL.....

I read actual reports from people who cured their alcoholism by using the sinclair method, and not only are they not alcoholics anymore but they can drink in moderation and enjoy it TO SOME EXTENT, just so long as they take their ULDN.

One woman said it's hard to explain, that you just don't get the full pleasure of drinking, but you still get some, and you don't really care about drinking anymore eventually, but if she wants to she will, sometimes even get really drunk, and basically, it turns alcoholics into people who respond to alcohol as if they can just take it or leave it.

These studies and those with kratom make me want to try it, but she won't prescribe it...BUT.....she kind of said ''wink wink, nod nod'', that ''I could make my own Ultra Low Dose with the high dose pills she'd give me but she doesn't recommend it'', and I TOTALLY WANT TO and will try if i get that....but it could be hard to get the dose right and i never even took chemistry in school and even suck at cooking lol, so i don't know if i could figure it out myself. I know there are instructions online to make ULDN from full dose though.

To even get naltrexone in ultra low dose forms my doctor said you'd have to send it to a compounding place first cause it's not usually made that way but you can get it done.

I was like ''yeah, but i wouldn't know how to get the dose right and no doctor would help me'' and she's like ''yeah''....as if to say ''and since a doctor won't help you you shouldn't do it''.....but it's like, i believe in harm reduction where if someone is going to do something anyway then a doctor SHOULD help them do it the safest way possible, but they won't do that cause their legally liable.

And yeah, I also drink while on Kratom quite often and have never thrown up or gotten sick. I've never thrown up from taking Kratom either.

Sounds like you like the combo more than me though. I'd say that I only like it because I like kratom and i like alcohol, but i don't find them FOR ME to potentiate eachother. It's just like I'm liking how i feel cause i like both but they don't seem to work together for me.

But WEED...now weed potentiates both kratom and booze for me, so if i drink while on kratom AND smoke weed i feel incredible.

The best really IMO is weed, alcohol, Kratom and Phenibut/F-Phenibut, and maybe throw a few cannisters of nitrous in there for fun ahaah.

I find Phenibut and Kratom potentiate eachother, and weed also potentiates both, and it KIND OF potentiates alcohol too, so all together is a great time....though obviously you need to be careful, but i don't feel it's a big risk for respiratory depression like drinking on oxycodone for example.

Sorry....WAY too longer winded again....but yeah, still, even if suboxone blocks kratom and is dangerous to drink on, it still doesn't sound like what i want.

Yeah, i think i'd be too scared to drink on it so therefore it would help me with both not using kratom and drinking, but i think i would still be switching from one opioid to another, and one which honestly to me sounds like it is probably stronger and more dangerous than kratom.

Yes, it would help with cravings, but again, only cause it's an opioid. Shocker that opioids help with opioid cravings haha.

Just seems like overkill and it has a long list of negative side effects which kratom and naltrexone don't have. I mean, if you can overdose on it and die then it's already more dangerous than i need.

Last edited:
But does anyone know; is Kratom only a partial agonist like suboxone or is a full agonist?

My doctor admittedly doesn't know much about kratom so she doesn't know and thinks it's a full agonist, and so when i told her ''Kratom is about as light and safe on the scale of opioids as you can go'' she said ''how could it be lighter and lower down than suboxone when suboxone is only a partial agonist?''

I said I don't know and could be wrong, but i just know that lots of people get REALLY high on high doses of suboxone and that i know it has a much greater risk of respiratory depression than kratom.

Of course she said ''well yeah, anything in that high doses is dangerous and i wouldn't give you that much'' but

1--you don't need to give me that much for me to take more than adviser LOL, but I DON'T WANT the risk of that or another drug to get high on, especially another addictive one.

2--unless you have some kind of health issue, i think it is virtually impossible to die of respiratory depression from kratom overdose. I have taken doses of like 20 grams and like 50 in a day while getting REALLY drunk and also on Klonopin and sometimes even phenibut, and never had shallowed breathing. Of course that's dangeorus, but i think FAR MORE cause of the booze, klonopin and phenibut than the kratom.

If one opioid can cause respiratory depression like suboxone if you take too much, and the other probably can't like kratom, then seems to me suboxone is the worse more dangerous opioid, possibly even if used as recommended, and STILL could be more addictive or dangerous, or at least in the same ballpark, as Kratom even if taken under strict doctor's orders.

I don't know, suboxone seems like it's at least not better, if not worse, than kratom, and like there would be no point in switching from one to the other.

This doctor clearly has no idea how mild an opioid kratom is and thinks i'm a junkie, and yeah, i want help and a drug that will help me chemically induce abstinence or moderation and help with cravings, but all due respect to the heroin, oxy and hard opiate users, but they damn well know that kratom is not in the same ball park and that's why they are telling me not to use suboxone, and i think they are right so far.

No need to apologize dude, cause the whole point (with POSSIBLE exception of Ultra Low Dose Naltrexone which she says she'll THINK ABOUT but isn't yet willing to prescribe) is to find something to preferably block BOTH kratom and alcohol and also help with the cravings, not so much the acute WD though cause I already have klonopin which helps with both and i know i can get over both the kratom and dex WD in probably less than the 12 days I have off work, and if i have any alcohol wd it would be weak and also helped by the klonopin.

I'm kind of weird in terms of what i'm looking for, though addicts like us probably wouldn't find it as weird as doctors, in that i can't moderate well with any of these drugs so I figure the one sure way to either moderate or temporarily abstain is a drug that does it for you (i still have to have the will power to take it) but i know for almost a certainty i'll still want to use both kratom and drink many more times in my life, but i just can't allow myself to do either as frequently as now cause they mess with my life.

But ultra low dose naltrexone HAS BEEN PROPOSED, though not proven, to be different from high dose and possibly more effective in terms of helping with drug cravings without actually being addictive or an opioid, possibly helping with depression as an off label anti-depressant, and since i have depression that's appealing, and many people on reddit and other forums have said that IF THEY GET THE DOSE RIGHT, they can take Ultra Low Dose Naltrexone not only with kratom but any opioid and not only have it NOT block it, but POTENTIATE IT, while also simultaneously reducing tolerance, dependence, WD effects and side effects DRAMATICALLY, as well as cravings.

This sounds amazing of course, cause I especially LOVE kratom, but i don't ''want to want it'' as often as i do, and same with alcohol and dex. I want to be able to take it if I choose to, and not if I don't, but not crave it like crazy, and that seems like it MIGHT be possible with ULDN, but that is exactly why my doctor won't prescribe it, cause she knows I'll eventually want to try the combo, and that plus ULDN not yet being though clinical trials and approved makes her feel like she'd be liable, other than if she prescribes full dose naltrexone. But..it's ironic that she'll prescribe suboxone which MY GUESS is is not safer than kratom and probably more dangerous, and also probably more dangerous than the combo of ULDN and Kratom.

I read on reddit that some Kratom users who were up as high as me dosing like 10-12 grams per dose or more and when combining it w/ ULDN were able to get back down to 2 grams a dose while having their kratom high feel STRONGER than on like 6 times as much, BUT, also making them NOT FEEL THEY WANT OR NEED TO TAKE KRATOM, like it's an easy choice to take or not, AND that supposedly they have been able to stop taking kratom cold turkey while continuing to use ULDN with about 75 percent decrease in withdrawal effects!!

Heroin users and morphine users have also said that they have combined their opiate w/ ULDN and brought their tolerance down by like 4 times and have been able to go cold turkey off of heroin and moprhine and also methadone with VERY little WD effects, which seems impossible, and while it is far from proven, I believe that these people aren't lying.

So my doctor knows i believe this and want to eventually combine ULDN w/ kratom so she doesn't want to prescribe it to me, and while i get that, because she feels liable legally if she prescribes something that isn't normally prescribed to a drug users, EVEN BY HER OWN ADMISSION SHE DOESN'T SEE HOW IT WOULD BE DANGEROUS TO MIX KRATOM WITH ULDN...she just won't do it because of the very slim chances that something could go wrong and she's liable.

And i've explained to her that my interest in it is NOT just as a potentiator, and that regardless of whether or not it works with kratom like that, that i STILL am determined to go AT LEAST 3 months without any drugs at all, kratom, booze, dex etc, and only THEN would i MAYBE be interested in combining them...but she still sees it as too much of a risk for her...and again, i understand, but it's not dangerous to do and yet i think suboxone is more dangerous which she'll prescribe.

I mean, IF the accounts are true then using any opiate w/ ULDN WOULD MAKE IT SAFER, and she's like ''yeah but that's not proven'', and it's not, but again, she has admitted that AT WORST it would not be dangerous. Maybe it would even operate like full dose naltrexone and block the kratom, and according to the people who have done it they have to get the dose EXACT between like 1.5--4.5 MICROGRAMS or it will block their opiate.

I want to be able to choose to block a high or alcohol buzz if i want, or take what i want on it if i want to, BUT, still have MASSIVELY decreased cravings so i don't want to and can stop thinking like an addict and using so much, and have the potential anti-depressant effect ULDN MIGHT bring, along with the POSSIBLE ability to diminish kratom WD....but OF COURSE a doctor sees this as an addict just wanting to find a better way to use, and again...it PARTIALLY IS...but I also have some pure intentions for how i'd use it, and i just feel I should be allowed to LOL...typical addict thinking.

People are doing a lot of interesting studies w/ microdosing naltrexone and many SEEM to suggest it operates differently than full dose.

What i have heard is that basically both high dose, low dose and ultra low dose naltrexone increase endorphins and paradoxically block opiate and pleasure receptors somehow by flooding them with so many endorphins, but that at ultra low doses, unlike high doses which produce so many endorphins they block everything, that then they produce just the right amount of endorphins to allow you to be able to get either partial or full effect from opiates, decreased effects from alcohol, but still some, BUT...still make you not crave them...sounds like best of both worlds.

The couple studies i read that proposed this made sense because they said that UNLIKE full dose naltrexone, ultra low dose naltrexone basically gives one a similar kind of ''runner's high'' to that achieved by exercising due to the increase in endorphins, and supposedly exercise, sunlight and other healthy habits, along also with smoking weed, can potentiate the effects of ultra low dose naltrexone.

It makes sense cause when i am trying not to use any drug exercise helps me more than anything with my mood and cravings, and if i have just worked out really hard and feel calm from the endorphins my cravings for any drug or alcohol is about as low as they can get. That also makes sense as to their proposal that that is why it can MAYBE work as an off label antidepressant.

But..i am aware that really none of this has been 100 PERCENT PROVEN, and studies are still ongoing, but i still read that so far they show a lot of promise and are in phase 3 trials. So we are just talking about a much lower dose of an already approved drug here, and i don't see why a doctor shouldn't be willing to let a patient experiment, but again, they feel liable. I could have asked her for ketamine or oxy or a drug that gets me high...but i'm just asking for a lower dose of a drug blocker that she's already willing to prescribe....and yet...NO.

But the studies are so experimental, especially with kratom involved, and while there are RARE doctors who prescribe ULDN, it's still rare and showing promise in phase 3 trials, but still not approved medically yet IN THE USA.

In Finland however, there is something called ''The Sinclair Method'' to help alcoholics stop drinking, and the protocol is SPECIFICALLY TO DRINK WHILE ON ULTRA LOW DOSE NALTREXONE, which is contrary to what doctors normally advice.

Supposedly the way it works is that it reduces but doesn't ENTIRELY eliminate the pleasure from drinking, so you can still get drunk or buzzed on it and it KIND OF feels good, but not as good as usual and you don't end up craving more alcohol over time.

The way they do it is they say the method will ONLY WORK IF YOU DO TAKE ULDN AN HOUR BEFORE YOU DRINK every time, and that over time your brain stops associating alcohol with pleasure and you no longer want to drink. I'm not sure if they say you CAN'T take ULDN while not drinking at all for their method to work, or that you can but it's pointless, but they just say that you can drink as infrequently as you want, but just to make sure that every time you do to take the ULDN before and eventually you will no longer think like an alcoholic.

It actually has a 78 percent success ratio in Finland of helping alcoholics quit, but my doctor doesn't believe in it of course cause Finland isn't the U.S. so therefore we don't know they are human like us LOL.....

I read actual reports from people who cured their alcoholism by using the sinclair method, and not only are they not alcoholics anymore but they can drink in moderation and enjoy it TO SOME EXTENT, just so long as they take their ULDN.

One woman said it's hard to explain, that you just don't get the full pleasure of drinking, but you still get some, and you don't really care about drinking anymore eventually, but if she wants to she will, sometimes even get really drunk, and basically, it turns alcoholics into people who respond to alcohol as if they can just take it or leave it.

These studies and those with kratom make me want to try it, but she won't prescribe it...BUT.....she kind of said ''wink wink, nod nod'', that ''I could make my own Ultra Low Dose with the high dose pills she'd give me but she doesn't recommend it'', and I TOTALLY WANT TO and will try if i get that....but it could be hard to get the dose right and i never even took chemistry in school and even suck at cooking lol, so i don't know if i could figure it out myself. I know there are instructions online to make ULDN from full dose though.

To even get naltrexone in ultra low dose forms my doctor said you'd have to send it to a compounding place first cause it's not usually made that way but you can get it done.

I was like ''yeah, but i wouldn't know how to get the dose right and no doctor would help me'' and she's like ''yeah''....as if to say ''and since a doctor won't help you you shouldn't do it''.....but it's like, i believe in harm reduction where if someone is going to do something anyway then a doctor SHOULD help them do it the safest way possible, but they won't do that cause their legally liable.

And yeah, I also drink while on Kratom quite often and have never thrown up or gotten sick. I've never thrown up from taking Kratom either.

Sounds like you like the combo more than me though. I'd say that I only like it because I like kratom and i like alcohol, but i don't find them FOR ME to potentiate eachother. It's just like I'm liking how i feel cause i like both but they don't seem to work together for me.

But WEED...now weed potentiates both kratom and booze for me, so if i drink while on kratom AND smoke weed i feel incredible.

The best really IMO is weed, alcohol, Kratom and Phenibut/F-Phenibut, and maybe throw a few cannisters of nitrous in there for fun ahaah.

I find Phenibut and Kratom potentiate eachother, and weed also potentiates both, and it KIND OF potentiates alcohol too, so all together is a great time....though obviously you need to be careful, but i don't feel it's a big risk for respiratory depression like drinking on oxycodone for example.

Sorry....WAY too longer winded again....but yeah, still, even if suboxone blocks kratom and is dangerous to drink on, it still doesn't sound like what i want.

Yeah, i think i'd be too scared to drink on it so therefore it would help me with both not using kratom and drinking, but i think i would still be switching from one opioid to another, and one which honestly to me sounds like it is probably stronger and more dangerous than kratom.

Yes, it would help with cravings, but again, only cause it's an opioid. Shocker that opioids help with opioid cravings haha.

Just seems like overkill and it has a long list of negative side effects which kratom and naltrexone don't have. I mean, if you can overdose on it and die then it's already more dangerous than i need.

Sorry this is a long post. I couldn't read all of it but I will say this: kratom isn't a real drug. Despite what the pleothora of meth users and inhalant god knows what other drugs people are taking who state that kratom is harmful, kratom is the most benign opiate if even one. When I'm only on kratom and occasionally going on adderall benders I feel very sober. I don't even notice it impacting my life negatively or positively--but I do like it.

When I'm on oxy it's obvious that I'm a drug addict and I'm constantly scoring to redose. Suboxone isn't like oxycodone per say, but it is quite strong. In fact, out of all the bullshit I've done (even snorted heroin here and there), suboxone got me higher than ANY OPIATE EVER. I think that you've replaced a benign substance with one that potentially can open a portal into stronger opiates.

I know you're trying to not take kratom anymore, but if things get bleak at any point I think you should just go back to using it again. I don't want to discourage you or involve myself in someone else's life, but it's really not comparable to oxy or heroin. Kratom is a good-natured substance while true opiates want to consume your entire life and kill everyone LOL.

As you mentioned--kratom virtually has no side effects besides itchiness and diziness/nausea occasionally. Oxycodone side effects include heroin addiction, spending every penny you ever make to get high, and ruining your entire future with a smile on your face. Just not comparable.

PS: Don't the subs get you high as fuck--especially coming off of kratom? Hand some over here;) Jk, that would be illegal. I wonder if suboxone would in theory help someone get off kratom though. Probably quite easily.. but the substances are so vastly different in compisition hmmm. I've recently relapsed on oxy and started to actually go into kratom withdrawals. I didn't even know that was possible until I felt totally normal after taking it again even though I was high from other opiates. It has it's own uinque withdrawal (provided, nothing like being dope-sick in terms of intensity.) I don't notice depression from kratom withdrawals, just grouchiness and restless legs to the max (causing insomnia). True opiate withdrawal is depression like no one's ever seen. I didn't see any point in being alive the first time I withdrew from oxy without knowing of kratom's existence in the past. My god I think I wanted to kill myself but resorted to alcoholism instead for that time period lol!

Last edited:
Sorry this is a long post. I couldn't read all of it but I will say this: kratom isn't a real drug. Despite what the pleothora of meth users and inhalant god knows what other drugs people are taking who state that kratom is harmful, kratom is the most benign opiate if even one. When I'm only on kratom and occasionally going on adderall benders I feel very sober. I don't even notice it impacting my life negatively or positively--but I do like it.

When I'm on oxy it's obvious that I'm a drug addict and I'm constantly scoring to redose. Suboxone isn't like oxycodone per say, but it is quite strong. In fact, out of all the bullshit I've done (even snorted heroin here and there), suboxone got me higher than ANY OPIATE EVER. I think that you've replaced a benign substance with one that potentially can open a portal into stronger opiates.

I know you're trying to not take kratom anymore, but if things get bleak at any point I think you should just go back to using it again. I don't want to discourage you or involve myself in someone else's life, but it's really not comparable to oxy or heroin. Kratom is a good-natured substance while true opiates want to consume your entire life and kill everyone LOL.

As you mentioned--kratom virtually has no side effects besides itchiness and diziness/nausea occasionally. Oxycodone side effects include heroin addiction, spending every penny you ever make to get high, and ruining your entire future with a smile on your face. Just not comparable.

PS: Don't the subs get you high as fuck--especially coming off of kratom? Hand some over here;) Jk, that would be illegal. I wonder if suboxone would in theory help someone get off kratom though. Probably quite easily.. but the substances are so vastly different in compisition hmmm. I've recently relapsed on oxy and started to actually go into kratom withdrawals. I didn't even know that was possible until I felt totally normal after taking it again even though I was high from other opiates. It has it's own uinque withdrawal (provided, nothing like being dope-sick in terms of intensity.) I don't notice depression from kratom withdrawals, just grouchiness and restless legs to the max (causing insomnia). True opiate withdrawal is depression like no one's ever seen. I didn't see any point in being alive the first time I withdrew from oxy without knowing of kratom's existence in the past. My god I think I wanted to kill myself but resorted to alcoholism instead for that time period lol!

Yeah, I mean, Kratom has wd, but I know it is by far the mildest opioid and i think it is probably milder than subxone and i don't want to take a stronger opioid and i'm even more convinced not to accept it to prove the point that kratom's not a big deal.

But that said, i am pretty out of control between my drinking, my dexadrine use and to a lesser extent, kratom, that the combo of drinking nightly, then waking up and taking kratom and dexadrine all day, and sometimes phenibut, is getting me really worn out.

I like the idea of having naltrexone to be able to force myself to moderate for however long i want, so that's what i'm going to get almost definitely, then take it if i want to be sober so i just can't get high and then i'll be more productive and healthy while not drinking or taking kratom, and then whenever i want to be able to drink or take kratom i'll stop taking naltrexone for a couple days, drink or take kratom, then make sure i'm not dependent on kratom if i want to go back to naltrexone.

I just think it's a good option to have to learn to use a drug that can basically force me to abstain when I want to abstain and just be like ''well, i'm having a hard time not drinking and taking kratom, so i'll take this and then i can't for a while'', then even my doctor said that you only have to skip naltrexone for a few days before kratom and alcohol will have effects again, but if you want to go back to kratom you have to make sure you are not dependent and tough out the withdrawals before going back to naltrexone or it will put you into precipated wd, but if you wait long enough and go back to it then you are sober again.

I'm someone who feels he is best with long periods of sobriety injected in my life, but i don't ever want to quit drinking or kratom or several other drugs permanently, so having chemically induced periods of abstinence sounds really cool IF i can actually learn the ins and outs of stopping the naltrexone and getting back on if i want to take kratom or drink.

But again, what pisses me off is that i want ultra low dose naltrexone and my doctor won't give me that, only full dose or suboxone.

I want ultra low dose naltrexone because IF the stories are true it does all of the following 1--CAN be safely taken with kratom 2--BUT---reduces urges to take kratom 3--YOU CAN drink on it, but it reduces the pleasure and the cravings to drink so it's easy not to drink if you choose not to 4--reduces tolerance to kratom back to naive levels 5--potentiates kratom and opioid high 6--possibly reduces withdrawal effects DRAMATICALLY, even to heroin if used properly, though this is not 100 percent guaranteed, many people say they have done it 7--works as an antidepressant by producing more endorphins.

Whereas full dose naltrexone does NOT work as an antidepressant, cannot be combined with kratom or alcohol for any effect, and possibly doesn't necessarily work so well for cravings, nor does it reduce tolerance to opiates necessarily all the time though sometimes it might, or the wd effects of opioids.

It's obvious to see why IF IT REALLY WORKS, Ultra Low Dose Naltrexone would be a drug users dream if that drug users wants to be able to choose to moderate or abstain more easily if they want, or use if they want, and reduce opioid tolerance.

But that's exactly why it's easy to see that my doctor won't give it to me cause she knows i want to use it that way...but only AFTER using it to be sober for a few months, and even SHE ADMITTED SHE CAN'T SEE HOW IT'S DANGEROUS, but she just won't do it cause it's untested and feels she's enabling me to keep using kratom if i use it.

But meanwhile, suboxone's gotta be enabling a person to use drugs MUCH worse than ultra low dose naltrexone, so it is hypocritical that she won't let me have ULDN.

It makes no sense.

But i bet in any form naltrexone has probably been useful for drug users who want to get sober for any period of time, whether they want to stay sober or not. I just know i'll want to get off it and back on probably a lot, and hope i can figure out how to do it right.

If ULDN works like they say i wouldn't have to ever stop taking it OR kratom and could probably have my cake and eat it too, but i guess i won't be prescribed it, so i might try to make it myself if she prescribes me higher dose.

Yeah, I mean, Kratom has wd, but I know it is by far the mildest opioid and i think it is probably milder than subxone and i don't want to take a stronger opioid and i'm even more convinced not to accept it to prove the point that kratom's not a big deal.

But that said, i am pretty out of control between my drinking, my dexadrine use and to a lesser extent, kratom, that the combo of drinking nightly, then waking up and taking kratom and dexadrine all day, and sometimes phenibut, is getting me really worn out.

I like the idea of having naltrexone to be able to force myself to moderate for however long i want, so that's what i'm going to get almost definitely, then take it if i want to be sober so i just can't get high and then i'll be more productive and healthy while not drinking or taking kratom, and then whenever i want to be able to drink or take kratom i'll stop taking naltrexone for a couple days, drink or take kratom, then make sure i'm not dependent on kratom if i want to go back to naltrexone.

I just think it's a good option to have to learn to use a drug that can basically force me to abstain when I want to abstain and just be like ''well, i'm having a hard time not drinking and taking kratom, so i'll take this and then i can't for a while'', then even my doctor said that you only have to skip naltrexone for a few days before kratom and alcohol will have effects again, but if you want to go back to kratom you have to make sure you are not dependent and tough out the withdrawals before going back to naltrexone or it will put you into precipated wd, but if you wait long enough and go back to it then you are sober again.

I'm someone who feels he is best with long periods of sobriety injected in my life, but i don't ever want to quit drinking or kratom or several other drugs permanently, so having chemically induced periods of abstinence sounds really cool IF i can actually learn the ins and outs of stopping the naltrexone and getting back on if i want to take kratom or drink.

But again, what pisses me off is that i want ultra low dose naltrexone and my doctor won't give me that, only full dose or suboxone.

I want ultra low dose naltrexone because IF the stories are true it does all of the following 1--CAN be safely taken with kratom 2--BUT---reduces urges to take kratom 3--YOU CAN drink on it, but it reduces the pleasure and the cravings to drink so it's easy not to drink if you choose not to 4--reduces tolerance to kratom back to naive levels 5--potentiates kratom and opioid high 6--possibly reduces withdrawal effects DRAMATICALLY, even to heroin if used properly, though this is not 100 percent guaranteed, many people say they have done it 7--works as an antidepressant by producing more endorphins.

Whereas full dose naltrexone does NOT work as an antidepressant, cannot be combined with kratom or alcohol for any effect, and possibly doesn't necessarily work so well for cravings, nor does it reduce tolerance to opiates necessarily all the time though sometimes it might, or the wd effects of opioids.

It's obvious to see why IF IT REALLY WORKS, Ultra Low Dose Naltrexone would be a drug users dream if that drug users wants to be able to choose to moderate or abstain more easily if they want, or use if they want, and reduce opioid tolerance.

But that's exactly why it's easy to see that my doctor won't give it to me cause she knows i want to use it that way...but only AFTER using it to be sober for a few months, and even SHE ADMITTED SHE CAN'T SEE HOW IT'S DANGEROUS, but she just won't do it cause it's untested and feels she's enabling me to keep using kratom if i use it.

But meanwhile, suboxone's gotta be enabling a person to use drugs MUCH worse than ultra low dose naltrexone, so it is hypocritical that she won't let me have ULDN.

It makes no sense.

But i bet in any form naltrexone has probably been useful for drug users who want to get sober for any period of time, whether they want to stay sober or not. I just know i'll want to get off it and back on probably a lot, and hope i can figure out how to do it right.

If ULDN works like they say i wouldn't have to ever stop taking it OR kratom and could probably have my cake and eat it too, but i guess i won't be prescribed it, so i might try to make it myself if she prescribes me higher dose.

I have a ex junkie friend who's family forced him to get vivitrol shots. I mean--it gets the job done. I think in the US they at some point can force someone onto the opiate blocker treatment.

I've had issues with poly-addiction too, provided I have a better wrap on my stim abuse these days and don't make it a daily habit anymore. My best advice is to take one drug out at a time and slowly so. It can be overwhelming to go through 3 different cravings at the same time and in my exp the relapses are quite intense lol

I have a ex junkie friend who's family forced him to get vivitrol shots. I mean--it gets the job done. I think in the US they at some point can force someone onto the opiate blocker treatment.

I've had issues with poly-addiction too, provided I have a better wrap on my stim abuse these days and don't make it a daily habit anymore. My best advice is to take one drug out at a time and slowly so. It can be overwhelming to go through 3 different cravings at the same time and in my exp the relapses are quite intense lol

Well, you think i am making a mistake trying to quit kratom, dexadrine and alcohol all at once?

I mean, the thing is that i have 12 days off, i might only use 11 if i decide to get high one more day, and i think that should be more than enough to get over the kratom wd and probably also the dex wd, and i take klonopin which helps with kratom and also alcohol wd and i am not heavily dependent on alcohol, though i do believe i am mildly dependent on it, not so much because i take klonopin and because my drinking habits are about a bottle of wine 4-5 nights a week, which is bad but not like someone who is constantly drinking hard liquor.

I know it's going to be bad, but i've stopped kratom before, just not while as dependent as i am now, so it will be worse but probably not last more than a week i don't think, and i've stopped dexadrine before and it took 11 days, so i have enough time for both.

I know i'll just be sleeping non stop and feeling like shit, but if i absolutely can't abstain on certain days then i may take a small dose of kratom or a small dose of dexadrine, and then go back to abstaining as long as i can; basically, not a taper, but not cold turkey in that case if i mess up, i just mess up as infrequently as possible and take the lowest amount possible to stave off discomfort, then go back to going as long as i can without everything, and over time i would no longer have any acute withdrawals to anything and be able to take the naltrexone to stop me from using kratom or drinking and be good, even though i'll probably have cravings and depression which i am dreading, but i am not sure her proposal of going to suboxone to prevent that is the right one.

naltrexone wouldn't stop the dexadrine, but i don't have as big a problem with that when not drinking and taking kratom.

I mean, it's like i have 11-12 days off, and so i am prepared to feel like complete shit and deal with it. I am not in a dangerous situation, it will just feel very bad.

And i am doing this cause i can't moderate. That's why i am stopping cold turkey and not tapering anything. If i had the control to taper then i'd probably also have the control to moderate, and i don't.

Worst thing that happens i see is i am not able to go certain days without kratom, or dex, or drinking, and i slip up, but some days i am able to feel miserable and go without, some days i am able to take a little something but not full doses, and i feel like shit, and then eventually it's over.

Don't you think that 11-12 days, IF I CAN DO IT, should PROBABLY be enough to get over kratom wd, dexadrine wd, and very mild alcohol wd, given that i have klonopin to help me?

And don't you think that the worst case scenario is as i described, just feeling like complete shit and slipping up and taking something?

You seem to think i shouldn't take suboxone that's for sure, and neither do I, but maybe while i am feeling that bad i'll think i should...but then i think i'd remember that everyone but my doctor, who i am SUPPOSED to trust lol, advises against it, and maybe just take enough kratom to not feel horrible and go back to seeing if i can abstain again after that....just basically keep the doses of everything as low and as spread out as possible, and little by little, get over it.

Seems like what most would say right?

Also, what is vivitriol, and how is it different from naltrexone and suboxone?

I know this doctor isn't going to force me to take anything.