• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

What happens if you die in a dream?

I know there's a connection between Deja Vus and repressed memory.
I've blocked out most of my childhood, I never really remembered much of it, and usually have a very good memory.
However, sometimes, there are certain phrases, or situations, one time just a room, that trigger something in my head, and I know it's from my past, but I'm not entirely sure what it is. I know from my sisters that my dad apparently almost choked me to death when I was 3 or 4, this is the event that I think started all this. When I get these triggers it feels like I've seen/heard it all before, and there's voices screaming, someone saying my name over and over, and some obscure children's song I just can't identify. Maybe I'm just whack. The children's song especially, there's something fucking weird about it. I came in contact with it in 2013 for the last time, and I do not remember anything after that, and almost nothing before. But I can't remember the song either. It was sung in a high voice, and it had my name in it(?)

My brain actively blocks this out, so when I stumble upon something that gives me that Deja Vu, I will have forgotten about it very fast, within seconds, or what seems like seconds. I'm glad I didn't really come into contact with any of this in the last few years. I stumbled upon it during my peyote phase, but I don't know how. I think someone said my full name? I only know that I don't remember much, except for being fucking afraid, all of a sudden.

Don't know too much about dreams and deja vus. I don't enjoy dreaming, and I try not to.
I think you can find out a lot from your dreams, sometimes I enjoy having nightmares because it can reveal if you need to change something. I kind of think of all dreams as movies, there's always a message in them that can unclot your mind. It's like a recount of your recent memories, I think the two are very simillar.

Last edited:
I died in a dream once and floated up into space and followed a silver cord up into oneness, then followed another cord back down into a baby, and then I woke up. It was pretty powerful, it was during my ibogaine experience.

sometimes I enjoy having nightmares because it can reveal if you need to change something
see, I've had fucking terrifying nightmares nonstop since I was a child. There's only the nightmares, I don't think I ever had a really pleasant dream. Sometimes my mind wags something pleasant in front of my eyes just to have me experience another fucking nightmare. I'm usually chased by something, or following someone who I loved, who is now gone. Those are the worst dreams, because they're actually "beautiful". Once I wake up and realize I can never see or speak to her again, that's worse than every nightmare, no matter how terrifying.
Often multiple times a night, it's just not my favourite subject in the world. I don't like dreaming ^^ haha, sorry

No lessons to be learned for me, except for the one I made 20 years ago: dreams suck

If Freddy has anything to say about it you die in real life.

If you're just falling off a building or something usually I wake up right before I'm about to die. There have been times when my imminent death has triggered a bout of sleep paralysis. Which is all sorts of fun.
Scariest dream I had was when I took a lot of tabs and thought they were duds, turns out that half of them were either spoiled or dosed extremely low. So after like 2 hours of waiting I went to bed and had one of the most vivid dreams I've had (not gonna go into details) but when I woke up I got super shook when I couldn't speak and after looking around a bit I saw that sleep paralysis shadow, it was the first time it ever happened too.

see, I've had fucking terrifying nightmares nonstop since I was a child. There's only the nightmares, I don't think I ever had a really pleasant dream. Sometimes my mind wags something pleasant in front of my eyes just to have me experience another fucking nightmare. I'm usually chased by something, or following someone who I loved, who is now gone. Those are the worst dreams, because they're actually "beautiful". Once I wake up and realize I can never see or speak to her again, that's worse than every nightmare, no matter how terrifying.
Often multiple times a night, it's just not my favourite subject in the world. I don't like dreaming ^^ haha, sorry

No lessons to be learned for me, except for the one I made 20 years ago: dreams suck
I'm not that sure, but I think those Native Shamans used perform their rituals for that exact reason tho. Like that pipe smoking thing, which is the only one I know a lil about so far. I read a book about the history of such things but they didn't really go in depth about each individual spirit. There's this book about 'Black Hawk' the spirit which many Voodoos and Indians held in high regard, that is said to go more in depth about those kind of things. If I find it's name i'll post it but I remember looking for it ages ago and finding nadda.

I'm not that sure, but I think those Native Shamans used perform their rituals for that exact reason tho. Like that pipe smoking thing, which is the only one I know a lil about so far. I read a book about the history of such things but they didn't really go in depth about each individual spirit. There's this book about 'Black Hawk' the spirit which many Voodoos and Indians held in high regard, that is said to go more in depth about those kind of things. If I find it's name i'll post it but I remember looking for it ages ago and finding nadda.
At the risk of sounding crazy: Paganism is still very big here, and the Romans never fully took it from us, because of our strong traditions. My great-grandmother was known as a witch in her village, and she mixed potions and did readings, etc, so I'm not a stranger to 'spirituality'. Aaanyways, my aunt pretty much follows in her footsteps, and she did a reading with me and insists I'm experiencing a past life or something, that my death in a past life was excruciating, so it still haunts me.

I'm a very logical person, so .. to say it nice, this sounds like humbug to me, but there are a lot of weird things I just can't explain, especially about my dreams. My dreams feel like a demon, I actually mean that. It's so hard to shake them, and wake up from them, or remain any control, and they play so many tricks on my mind. They like making me happy, and then making me scared for my life, to feel relief, to feel even more scared.

I have my own theory, which is a past trauma I don't remember, I was very young. That sounds 10 times more logical to me than anything else. Not sure what to do about it though. I've heard of people trying to recover memory, and it just destroyed them. It's a protection filter by my subconsciousness, and I gotta trust that filter.

At the risk of sounding crazy: Paganism is still very big here, and the Romans never fully took it from us, because of our strong traditions. My great-grandmother was known as a witch in her village, and she mixed potions and did readings, etc, so I'm not a stranger to 'spirituality'. Aaanyways, my aunt pretty much follows in her footsteps, and she did a reading with me and insists I'm experiencing a past life or something, that my death in a past life was excruciating, so it still haunts me.

I'm a very logical person, so .. to say it nice, this sounds like humbug to me, but there are a lot of weird things I just can't explain, especially about my dreams. My dreams feel like a demon, I actually mean that. It's so hard to shake them, and wake up from them, or remain any control, and they play so many tricks on my mind. They like making me happy, and then making me scared for my life, to feel relief, to feel even more scared.

I have my own theory, which is a past trauma I don't remember, I was very young. That sounds 10 times more logical to me than anything else. Not sure what to do about it though. I've heard of people trying to recover memory, and it just destroyed them. It's a protection filter by my subconsciousness, and I gotta trust that filter.
Everything always has a rational explanation, like when people say they can predict weather, it's actually just them feeling discomfort in their bones or something (It happens to me from time to time when a sudden change in temperature happens, mostly before it rains or smthn but that's from slight nerve damage) or that thing about people puking frogs in New Orleans, most of the time it was just someone placing larvae/tadpols in unattended food. I believe that trying to understand it more spiritually can have a greater impact tho because of all religion that was present during human evolution.

Everything always has a rational explanation, like when people say they can predict weather, it's actually just them feeling discomfort in their bones or something (It happens to me from time to time when a sudden change in temperature happens, mostly before it rains or smthn but that's from slight nerve damage) or that thing about people puking frogs in New Orleans, most of the time it was just someone placing larvae/tadpols in unattended food. I believe that trying to understand it more spiritually can have a greater impact tho because of all religion that was present during human evolution.
I am religious, but only in an oldschool Pagan way.
Fuck Gods, the Sun keeps me alive. I can see the Sun.
The Earth keeps me alive, air, water, food. But not an image in my head.
If there are any deities out there, they should be ethical and socially intelligent enough to forgive me for doubting their existance while growing up in a world with homeless people and empty houses.

The solstices are our most important festivals (like Oktoberfest, it's just the Autumn Solstice Festival). There's definitely something special about those festivals, one might say "magical". There's certainly something in the air during those times.

I don't like the way "Spirituality" has been coined.
I think there's spirituality in just appreciating nature.
Many would certainly disagree.

I am religious, but only in an oldschool Pagan way.
Fuck Gods, the Sun keeps me alive. I can see the Sun.
The Earth keeps me alive, air, water, food. But not an image in my head.
If there are any deities out there, they should be ethical and socially intelligent enough to forgive me for doubting their existance while growing up in a world with homeless people and empty houses.

The solstices are our most important festivals (like Oktoberfest, it's just the Autumn Solstice Festival). There's definitely something special about those festivals, one might say "magical". There's certainly something in the air during those times.

Dead on, that's why Voodoo makes the most sense to me, not only because you can pick and choose what you believe but because those 'spirits' represent the fundamentals of personality and desire. A lot of witch doctors and priestesses were frauds and some never even tried to hide it. It's great therapy too in some places, I saw some vids of people getting beat out of alcoholism by a priestess who channeled a spirit and I see how that can have huge impact on those who were brought up fearing these boogey-men. If I had to choose between AA meetings and that, I'd choose them in a heartbeat, don't ever have plans to tho, I love my drink.

Dead on, that's why Voodoo makes the most sense to me, not only because you can pick and choose what you believe but because those 'spirits' represent the fundamentals of personality and desire. A lot of witch doctors and priestesses were frauds and some never even tried to hide it. It's great therapy too in some places, I saw some vids of people getting beat out of alcoholism by a priestess who channeled a spirit and I see how that can have huge impact on those who were brought up fearing these boogey-men. If I had to choose between AA meetings and that, I'd choose them in a heartbeat, don't ever have plans to tho, I love my drink.
I respect religious people.
People that are really devoted to a faith.
That is amazing mental gymnastics, really, I do not mean that sarcastically.
To "fool" yourself into 100% believing in something,
although there's thousands of reasons to doubt. Brilliant.

I respect religious people.
People that are really devoted to a faith.
That is amazing mental gymnastics, really, I do not mean that sarcastically.
To "fool" yourself into 100% believing in something,
although there's thousands of reasons to doubt. Brilliant.
Magic is a great example of that too, people are afraid of what they don't understand, and was used a lot to make others fear and respect you. They turned people into Zombies to achieve that, what would happen is that a Shaman would poison an unsuspecting person with a specific type of herb that slowed down your heart and put you in a coma, after the burial he would pop the lid and reverse the effects making them wake up and lose their mind thinking they got turned into a Zombie. They actually shake up coffins at funerals for that exact reason, to make the 'corpse/spirit' dizzy and prevent it from coming back to town lol.

Last edited:

I totally agree. I find the contemplation and appreciation of nature to be highly spiritual, as well as the contemplation of the scale of the universe and the fact that we are infinitesimal specks on an infinitesimal speck in an infinitesimal speck in a massive galaxy that is itself an infinitesimal speck.

Nothing. It's happened to me a handful of times. Usually you just continue another dream (like your mind skips to the next "episode" of dreaming).